Author Topic: Liverpool 1 Chelsea 0 - all post match comments here  (Read 38342 times)

Offline wannabdoc

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool is a conviction
    • my blog
Re: Liverpool 1 Chelsea 0 - all post match comments here
« Reply #440 on: May 4, 2005, 02:13:54 am »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
just made my day. GO AND GET THE 5TH GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(and shut up the bitters and man arses)!!

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #441 on: May 4, 2005, 02:15:31 am »
Jose complains about defensive play but Chelsea paid the price of being over cautious at the Bridge.
it is fine to concentrate on preventing the away goal but Chelsea lost sight of the number one principle which is "You must win your home leg".

in the 2 games dudek made 1 save and lampard missed that chance and 'diver' missed one at the death- thats 3 chances, in 180 mins for 300 million!
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline zimmie'5555

• passenger on an intergalactic spaceship... sometimes wishes he was a woman
  • Legacy Fan
A message to Jóse and the rest of them..
« Reply #442 on: May 4, 2005, 02:18:17 am »
Roman Abramovich.......

......David Baddiel..........

......Peter Kenyon...........

......Ken Bates...............

......John Major..............

......David Mellor...........

..........Jose Mourinho......

...... are you listening Jose Mourinho ?

Your boys took a hell of a beatin' :D

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #443 on: May 4, 2005, 02:19:55 am »
By the way, anyone buy a copy of the Big Issue from Mourinho ? ;D
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline shine

• Main Stander
  • Red Forever
« Reply #444 on: May 4, 2005, 02:27:04 am »

Just got home from the game, fantastic atmosphere, boys did their jobs, bring on Istanbul  ;D

Offline LFC-Enforcer

• Anny Roader
  • Viva la revolucion!
« Reply #445 on: May 4, 2005, 02:30:43 am »
The blood is its most red nearest to the heart.

Offline LFC-Enforcer

• Anny Roader
  • Viva la revolucion!
« Reply #446 on: May 4, 2005, 02:31:23 am »

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
Luis Garcia goal, and sounds from 204 at final whistle!
« Reply #447 on: May 4, 2005, 02:31:42 am »
Luis Garcia goal - 4 min / 3Mb (wmv)

Sound of 204 at the final whistle / 3Mb (mp3)

Right click, save as... best way to do it

Only on 256 upload on the DSL, but if you are interested its there for you.

I'll post the video of the final whistle once I've downsized it tomorrow

Tim

Offline codger

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #448 on: May 4, 2005, 02:32:09 am »
Just watching the recording of the game; how biased bitter & twisted is Tyldesley?
If only I'd remembered to tape Greeny on R5 instead!

Wonder if it did cross the line?
If not,that must be the only decision tha went our way all night!

Well at least we know what their excuse was going to be!
Couldn't just be that the Reds were BETTER over the 2 legs?
(How many saves did Dude make?)
And WTF is Cech still on the park?

Got nowt to do with whether  the goal counted/not; you know all too fuckin well that if it had been the other way round, then umpteen  blue-shirted bastards would have been in there, waving imaginary cards to get Dude sent off 
Cheatin bastards - and they wonder why people HATE their fuckin guts!

Mourinho has achieved the difficult task of turning Chelsea from the team most neutrals like to watch,  to the one  most widely hated  - in just one season!
(No doubt  Chelsea fans will say this is all jealousy; but it  made made me laugh when Arsenal battered ManU.) Respect has to be earned; a reputation can easily be lost,  but is not that easy to regain.  Seems a  shame that Chelsea don't even seem to notice that this is happening; let alone regret the process.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #449 on: May 4, 2005, 02:32:30 am »
This isn't the end of it either as Carra said. We're on one hell of a European roll right now and both players and supporters are oozing with confidence. Still can't believe it but it's the stuff dreams are made of. Just watch and see who has the majority of the fan support in Turkey.

Offline LFC-Enforcer

• Anny Roader
  • Viva la revolucion!
« Reply #450 on: May 4, 2005, 02:34:10 am »

Get yer big Issue!
« Last Edit: May 4, 2005, 10:24:00 am by LFC-Enforcer »

Offline deadgoon

• Kopite
  • We've died on the fields of the everyday.
« Reply #451 on: May 4, 2005, 02:34:13 am »
Just back from Russia. Had a meeting from 6-9, saw the last 20 minutes. So stressful. Now, I just want to keep shouting,

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's it.

Offline Woodbury

• Where's my toque eh?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: May 4, 2005, 02:35:41 am »
Unfucking real!  Get in there!  oh what a match!  YYYEESS!!!
Blame Canada!

Offline codger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: May 4, 2005, 02:57:10 am »
I posted this last week on .tv - (and a little of it above!)
But WTF?
Seems quite relevant;

Mourinho's Chelsea are rapidly acquiring  (for me at least) rather unfortunate parallels with Leeds United of Unblessed Memory  - in the days of Godfather Revie. Those *****s pioneered in England the 'keep the ball in the corner quadrant' tactic; general time-wasting;  snide 'tackles';  surrounding the ref etc. God they were hated! - &  with good reason. And  how we all laughed, as yet another title slipped from their greedy, grasping fingers

Special Joey has achieved the difficult task of turning Chelsea from 'the team most neutrals like to watch' -  into the team  most widely hated;  - & in just one season!
No doubt  Chelsea fans will say this is all jealousy, - & there is often an element of that in the case of the new No1. But it  didn't bother me when Arsenal displaced ManU.    I just marvelled at the quality of the footie they played - and the genius of Terry H.  And as for ManU;  even Fergie's relentless pursuit  of excellence rarely required  this  level of blatant cheating on & off the park.

Respect has to be earned; a reputation can easily be lost,  but is not that easy to regain.  Seems a  shame that Chelsea don't even seem to notice that this is happening; let alone regret the process.

Offline redsouther

• Main Stander
  • Back on our @!#ing perch
« Reply #454 on: May 4, 2005, 03:16:15 am »
Unbelievable!!!  Our defense put in the performance of their lives.  They deserve every bit of credit for standing strong through to the end, even when the fatigue had clealy set in.  The entire squad just wouldn't let up.  Chelsea hardly posed a legitimate scoring threat all night!  This team has proven Jose and every other critic wrong tonight, and are well on their way to salvaging a rough season.  I've never been more excited about a sporting event in my life!
YNWA

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destination Anfield(postponed)scratch that.Sorted
« Reply #455 on: May 4, 2005, 04:05:35 am »
No use repeating what's already been said, this is on, what,the 13th page of the thread?  :)

except one thing

ninety -SIX minutes for the match?

JFT 96

coincidence?

YNWA
Not your typical OOT. Do-er of good deeds.

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: May 4, 2005, 04:42:34 am »
 :wellin :wellin :wellin 

Go on You Mighty Reds - all the way to Istanbul.
And bring back a piece of silver to remember your journey by.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #457 on: May 4, 2005, 05:16:46 am »
I love Paul Tomkins by the way, in a platonic just over the line kinda way.

Surely this can't be right, Bob... :P :wave

and i guess i'll have to let go of my strange fascination with this picture, no real use for it any more... :D

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline crowey

• Boys Pen
« Reply #458 on: May 4, 2005, 05:29:32 am »
Congratulations Liverpool, best team won over the two games.

Awesome defensive display in both games. Been five very tight games and you were probably due a change in fortune against us. You did to us exactly what we've done to other Premiership sides all season so no complaints here about you holding onto a lead.

You have a top coach and the basis of a very good side for the future, look forward to more years of Benitez v Mourinho. Much more civilised than the Red Nose/Whinger battles of the past.

Good luck in the final. Can't bear the thought of that whinger Crespo gloating about joining the CL Winners.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #459 on: May 4, 2005, 05:35:11 am »
As the members of the boot room would have said:

Well done lads, time to think about arsenal at the weekend....

we can still finish above the bitters..
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline BPB

• Main Stander
« Reply #460 on: May 4, 2005, 05:37:37 am »
What we can look forward to...

;D  ;D  ;D

Offline LFC-Enforcer

• Anny Roader
  • Viva la revolucion!
« Reply #461 on: May 4, 2005, 05:41:38 am »
Cheers Crowey, tough luck mate, just wasn't your day. Hope it doesnt spoil your PL celebrations too much.

Offline crowey

• Boys Pen
« Reply #462 on: May 4, 2005, 06:19:44 am »
No way, LFC Enforcer, I've waited 37 years for this. Saturday will be a party none of us will forget. Most Chelsea fans aren't as gutted this year as we were losing to Monaco last year. Last year we blew it, this year we just didnt play well enough. Forget Jose's rants post match, he's a bad loser, but then he hasn't had much practice!

Good luck in the final, play like you did last three CL games and you wont need it.  Milan are there to be taken.

p.s. Most of us hope Steve G stays at Liverpool too, it's where he belongs.

Offline Wrightstuff

• Boys Pen
« Reply #463 on: May 4, 2005, 06:29:45 am »
I'm amazed to see  such utter jubilation from Liverpool fans after beating Chelsea. I've always regarded Liverpool as a top team, but the supporters here seem to be of the underdog mentality, taking pride in being outplayed and pinned back in their own half for most of a game at Anfield, desperately hanging on at home against a team missing both wingers and both fullbacks. I imagine that this must be how Burnley fans felt after defeating Liverpool. For a few days afterwards, they probably thought they were Liverpool's equals. Of course, any Liverpool fan knows that's not the case.

Offline rednewbie

• Legacy Fan
  • get involved!
« Reply #464 on: May 4, 2005, 06:35:17 am »
I'm amazed to see  such utter jubilation from Liverpool fans after beating Chelsea. I've always regarded Liverpool as a top team, but the supporters here seem to be of the underdog mentality, taking pride in being outplayed and pinned back in their own half for most of a game at Anfield, desperately hanging on at home against a team missing both wingers and both fullbacks. I imagine that this must be how Burnley fans felt after defeating Liverpool. For a few days afterwards, they probably thought they were Liverpool's equals. Of course, any Liverpool fan knows that's not the case.

dude we are in the CL final, obviously we are gonna be fucken happy. they were missing both wingers and full backs, booo fucken hooo, they were not the only team missing key players.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: May 4, 2005, 06:45:11 am »

The Chelsea players looked so nonplussed.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline mgRED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Believe!
« Reply #466 on: May 4, 2005, 06:59:02 am »

Well, look at the jubilation on Chelsea's fans when they won the PL title last wk.  You would hv thought that they knew they bought the title.   ::)
"I'd won two titles and the UEFA Cup before I joined Liverpool and just because I've added one more trophy to that list, it doesn't mean my job is done. It's only just started." - Rafa Benitez

IN RAFA WE TRUST!!

Offline rednewbie

• Legacy Fan
  • get involved!
« Reply #467 on: May 4, 2005, 07:03:43 am »
The Chelsea players looked so nonplussed.

:lmao

Offline crowey

• Boys Pen
« Reply #468 on: May 4, 2005, 07:07:55 am »
I'm amazed to see  such utter jubilation from Liverpool fans after beating Chelsea. I've always regarded Liverpool as a top team, but the supporters here seem to be of the underdog mentality, taking pride in being outplayed and pinned back in their own half for most of a game at Anfield, desperately hanging on at home against a team missing both wingers and both fullbacks.

Mate theyve just made the CL Final, something none of them would've dreamed about at the start of the year. Wouldn't we have been jubilant if we'd gone through? Show some class and admit we just weren't good enough in the two games that mattered. We didnt score and had prescious few chances in over 180 minutes of football. credit where it's due, they deserved it. We'll be back again next year.

Offline LFC-Enforcer

• Anny Roader
  • Viva la revolucion!
« Reply #469 on: May 4, 2005, 07:09:04 am »

Emerson? Is that you?
« Last Edit: May 4, 2005, 07:12:39 am by LFC-Enforcer »

Offline cakmin

• Estoy aburrido
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • La Ostra
« Reply #470 on: May 4, 2005, 07:16:03 am »
:wellin :wellin :wellin :scarf :scarf :scarf
Welldone boys and girls!
Welldone Reds Supporters, we are all a very very proud Reds Fans today :D :scarf

Offline rednewbie

• Legacy Fan
  • get involved!
« Reply #471 on: May 4, 2005, 07:18:03 am »
Mate theyve just made the CL Final, something none of them would've dreamed about at the start of the year. Wouldn't we have been jubilant if we'd gone through? Show some class and admit we just weren't good enough in the two games that mattered. We didnt score and had prescious few chances in over 180 minutes of football. credit where it's due, they deserved it. We'll be back again next year.

class mate :wellin

Offline Wrightstuff

• Boys Pen
« Reply #472 on: May 4, 2005, 07:20:13 am »
Any bets on all headlines being about the goal (overlooking the red card they avoided) and how lucky we were, but who fucking cares we are off to istanbul!

The goalkeeper was standing his ground and our man ran into him after chipping. Never a sending-off offence. In fact, some refs would have given the keeper a free kick for studs up.

Offline Reds_Mostar

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #473 on: May 4, 2005, 07:22:18 am »
Realy no comment , JUST FUCKIN UNBELIVABLE!!!!! :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin
Above Us Only Sky!!

Offline WerkselfGaessje

• Boys Pen
  • BORN, LIVE AND DIE A RED
    • BAYER-POWER RHEIN-NAHE
« Reply #474 on: May 4, 2005, 08:12:15 am »
Well done, Liverpool and congratulations!

What an extremely exciting game and what great atmosphere. Just watched it on tv, but felt like being at Anfield.

Good luck in Istanbul now, I´m sure you´ll succeed!
Unser Bier: Pils - Unser Nachbar: Pfaelzer - Unser Verein: SVB
Bayer 04-Fans Suedwest-Deutschland
http://www.bayer04fans-suedwestdeutschland.de

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #475 on: May 4, 2005, 08:26:34 am »
Never been prouder. Heroes all.

Now let's finish the job.
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
« Reply #476 on: May 4, 2005, 08:26:52 am »
So hung over this morning, but it feels even better than last night!
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Offline robbie77

• Kopite
« Reply #477 on: May 4, 2005, 08:29:20 am »
So hung over this morning, but it feels even better than last night!

Ditto - What a night, I will enjoy watching SSN all day today. Those celebration highlights will be shown all day. Just hope Maureen is watching !!!
I fucking hate Mancs.......Arrogant c*nts

Offline wolf99000

• Main Stander
« Reply #478 on: May 4, 2005, 08:38:14 am »
Just got to say I noticed the sign in the kop saying make us dream all i can say god did they do it last night I was only 5 in 84 but this time I can go to the final just never thought it will happen this soon

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
  • Someday, everything is gonna be different...
« Reply #479 on: May 4, 2005, 08:39:50 am »
Still haven't come down from the ceiling yet but i think i can think rationally finally and not just belt out "Yes!!"....

We saw Rafa's thinking tonight. I wondered when we lost the league cup final why we sat back so much, (not a huge fan of that myself) last week at the bridge gave us a hint and last night confirmed it. Rafa knew that Chelsea's weakest point is in attack, especially minus the likes of Duff and Robben....so felt comfortable that we would be able to stave off their attacks.

It wasn't good for my heart but I'm glad he got it right.

Rafa, Pako and co - i salute you  :wave
**After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music **