Author Topic: Marseille 0 v 4 Liverpool. Champions League, After-Game Talk.....  (Read 31038 times)

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Marseille 0 v 4 Liverpool. Champions League, After-Game Talk.....
« Reply #320 on: December 11, 2007, 11:11:34 pm »
I just wanted to add to the page count for a marvellous win.

I was convinced we'd draw as well...
"Why should they be used in any other way? It wouldn'a be fair for one thing. Natural ability is far too precious tae be messed about wi'."

Offline gob

• Stopper.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A Jamais Les Premiers
« Reply #321 on: December 11, 2007, 11:12:14 pm »
A few photos ( don't know if i can post them here) :

Penalty Gerrard :

Torres goal :

red army in away end  :

Standing ovation : 

Tifo :

"Je me souviens que c'était une ambiance extraordinaire au Vélodrome... Le stade Vélodrome est un des stades où les supporters sont le plus derrière leur équipe" Steven Gerrard

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: December 11, 2007, 11:13:09 pm »
I'll throw in Steve Claridge too.

Not even joking... he can die in pain.

You should have seen him telling rafa the first rules of management and how poor he was after the reading game. Who is he to tell anyone about management.

cupid stunt
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #323 on: December 11, 2007, 11:13:56 pm »
Great photos.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #324 on: December 11, 2007, 11:14:01 pm »
Fabio Aurelio - contributed the sum total of his initials. Ta. Still, at least you didn't get injured eh.

Umm... he contributed a brilliant through ball for Babel's goal, and he was playing in an unaccustomed position too. What game were you watching??

As for the rest of your post I can't even be arsed, a complete load of bollocks almost throughout

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: December 11, 2007, 11:15:55 pm »
However, Kuyt is terrible. Every time i see him play, i think, "what does Rafa see in him?". I don't want to bang on about his limitations as a player after such a great night, but the guy is woeful.

Thought he justified his starting berth tonight 100% meself, but hey.

We played with 2 wingers, 2 central midfield players, and a striker who likes to drop deep.. forming a 451 switching to a 442 at the flick of a switch. Now to me thats's a good recipe away from home, when both sides need a win. It worked. Excellent. And you give it grief...

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: December 11, 2007, 11:16:45 pm »
gob- thought your fans sounded really good on television. They seemed to be singing throughout the game even when you went two down so quickly. Very inspirational to see such devotion to the team. Nice to hear of the ovation for the players and our fans. Also I thought your team didn't play badly initially- it's just what we do to teams: strike first and grind them down. And maybe if some of your players like Nasri were fit to start, it might have been different. Thanks for the pics of the game, as well. Good luck in UEFA! :wave
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline Socratease

• RAWK Philosopher
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red & White Kop
The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.

Socrates

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: December 11, 2007, 11:19:53 pm »

Not even joking... he can die in pain.

;D . Didn't hear those comments, but I'm a big fan of Mr Claridge. I don't know anything about football management either but believe you me, whatever Claridge was feeling, I was feeling it 10 fold.

Offline Simon-1973

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #329 on: December 11, 2007, 11:19:56 pm »
Thanks for the photos gob  :thumbup
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Taylor_LFC

• Whopper who didn't make it to Porto
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #330 on: December 11, 2007, 11:21:02 pm »
Great Photos mate. :wave

Offline newyorker-1981

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #331 on: December 11, 2007, 11:23:19 pm »
Our Players Looks Good In The Away Black Jersey!!!

Cool....Harry Harry Cool...Harry Harry Cool..

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #332 on: December 11, 2007, 11:24:29 pm »

cupid stunt
:lmao your spelling is terrible  ;)  ::)

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: December 11, 2007, 11:25:14 pm »
Francois Mitterrand , Charles De gaulle , Marie Antoinette ,Gerard houllier, Jacques chirac , president sarkosy your boys took a hell of a beating tonight .

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #334 on: December 11, 2007, 11:25:34 pm »

However, Kuyt is terrible. Every time i see him play, i think, "what does Rafa see in him?". I don't want to bang on about his limitations as a player after such a great night, but the guy is woeful.
Maybe i'm just moronic, in fact, i know i am, but for me, Kuyt offers very little. If we can improve on him in January, with an Anelka for example, I can actually see us doing big things this year.

While I wouldn't say no to getting Anelka as well, I thought Kuyt was excellent this evening and demonstrated what he could do more often if we had decent wingers
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline gob

• Stopper.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A Jamais Les Premiers
« Reply #335 on: December 11, 2007, 11:26:15 pm »
gob- thought your fans sounded really good on television. They seemed to be singing throughout the game even when you went two down so quickly. Very inspirational to see such devotion to the team. Nice to hear of the ovation for the players and our fans. Also I thought your team didn't play badly initially- it's just what we do to teams: strike first and grind them down. And maybe if some of your players like Nasri were fit to start, it might have been different. Thanks for the pics of the game, as well. Good luck in UEFA! :wave

Thanks.
C'est très sympa ( in french in the text :-) )

But i don't think the presence of Nasri would have change anything.
Liverpool was absolutly great tonight.
One of the most impressive team i've ever seen here in Stade Vélodrome in 20 years of presence.

But we don't blame our players for the defeat but for their motivation.
When you have to "die", you must "die" with honor.
"Je me souviens que c'était une ambiance extraordinaire au Vélodrome... Le stade Vélodrome est un des stades où les supporters sont le plus derrière leur équipe" Steven Gerrard

Offline Steve O

• Anny Roader
« Reply #336 on: December 11, 2007, 11:27:33 pm »
The commentators are right, it's always the shite teams that we hammer. It's getting embarrassing, just like when we beat the shite Spurs side 7-0 in 78 with the 2 Argentina world cup winners in or the diabolical Notts Forest side we beat 5-0 in 88.

I don't think we'd get any credit if we won this years CL beating AC, Real, Barca & Man U along the way.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #337 on: December 11, 2007, 11:28:11 pm »
Respect is due to Marseille fans, never let up their support or booed their team like those 'wonderful, passionate' barcode fans
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
  • i fight the empire, i fix the robots.
    • imdb
« Reply #338 on: December 11, 2007, 11:28:13 pm »
happy with that.
people who think we should've played better or scored more...4-0 away in europe ffs.
the game was pretty much won after 10-ish minutes and rafa and the lads realised this and put in an excellent, mature performance to kill their game and pick them off as and when.
positives for me...

torres- 'nuff said

stevie...scoring for fun at the mo, getting back to his best...one first time pass he hit out wide to kewell was sublime.

babel- you just knew he would score when he came on, if he keeps it up and keeps learning then he'll be a star. his touch around the keeper, as someone else said, was just class.

kuyt- glad he got one bless him, he looks like such a nice lad, and theres a few on here lately who have been overlooking his contributions (i know he's not been in the best form but give him a break)  the epitome of a team player.

harrys coming along nicely...fingers crossed he stays well and eats his 5 a day and really shines in the later stages of this season.

arbeloa- loving him more and more each week ( anyone else think he looks like marcus babels younger bro?)

and david pleats continued emergance as a bumbling comedy uncle who gets the names of hip bands wrong( good job sissosk...sisu...that malian fellow wasn't playing)

anyway...marseille werent great but aint it funny how a lot of these teams who get arse raped by us dont look great?....coincidence?? im not so sure

gerrard and carra "not backing rafa"- get a fcuking grip. why should they give the scumbag media whores anything to write about? don't read too much into it

i like rafas new cheeky smiles to the camera in post match interviews... it suits him, long may it continue, even in the face of barbed, antagonistic questioning

finally torres and babel against utd..not for me. one of the strikers needs to pass, and they both look to shoot unless they have no choice. bring babel on mid way through the second half with the game already won ( fingers toes and testicals crossed) and let him rub salt into the open wound.

right i think thats about it...well pleased, gonna sleep well tonight.

ps happy to finally be on rawk!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 11:29:47 pm by se9R.F.L »

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: December 11, 2007, 11:30:03 pm »
However, Kuyt is terrible. Every time i see him play, i think, "what does Rafa see in him?". I don't want to bang on about his limitations as a player after such a great night, but the guy is woeful. We need to find an effective partner for Torres, because we don't have one. Crouch is immense, and in a 4-3-3, he's the perfect one to spear head the attack, helped by two of either Kewell, Benayoun, Babel or Pennant, but it's clear him and Torres isn't working at as a duo.

Maybe i'm just moronic, in fact, i know i am, but for me, Kuyt offers very little. If we can improve on him in January, with an Anelka for example, I can actually see us doing big things this year.

Absolute fucking shite this after Kuyt had a great game. Makes me sad to be a Red when I here shite like this - the lad has just scored a great goal with a composed finish, linked up well with Torres and Yossi and played accurate passes in tight situations and run his fucking socks off all night and then you post drivel like this.

We've just won 4-0 FFS and he played a big part in it, it's fucking insane on here sometimes.

Offline liverbird_soph

• Fitter than Megan Fox and Angelina Jolie
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: December 11, 2007, 11:30:10 pm »
Arbeloa makes me laugh with his flying goal celebrations! He's gonna injure somebody one day, but you can't stop him, as watching him is just so bloody funny!!

Been thinking about the potential teams we have in the next round. How great is it that we now have Barca's nemesis striker on our team! Didn't he break a record for the most goals anybody has ever scored against Barcelona in consecutive matches?? Something like 7 goals in 3 games!

I love Nando!

Bring on anybody. So pleased with our performance tonight. Everybody did a good job and great to see Kuyt score and JAR playing a lot better.

Hoping for the same team against Mancs, with Babel definitely coming on as a supersub.
Above all else comes truth & justice.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #341 on: December 11, 2007, 11:30:29 pm »
happy with that.
people who think we should've played better or scored more...4-0 away in europe ffs.
the game was pretty much won after 10-ish minutes and rafa and the lads realised this and put in an excellent, mature performance to kill their game and pick them off as and when.
positives for me...

torres- 'nuff said

stevie...scoring for fun at the mo, getting back to his best...one first time pass he hit out wide to kewell was sublime.

babel- you just knew he would score when he came on, if he keeps it up and keeps learning then he'll be a star. his touch around the keeper, as someone else said, was just class.

kuyt- glad he got one bless him, he looks like such a nice lad, and theres a few on here lately who have been overlooking his contributions (i know he's not been in the best form but give him a break)  the epitome of a team player.

harrys coming along nicely...fingers crossed he stays well and eats his 5 a day and really shines in the later stages of this season.

aurelio- loving him more and more each week ( anyone else think he looks like marcus babels younger bro?)

and david pleats continued emergance as a bumbling comedy uncle who gets the names of hip bands wrong( good job sissosk...sisu...that malian fellow wasn't playing)

anyway...marseille werent great but aint it funny how a lot of these teams who get arse raped by us dont look great?....coincidence?? im not so sure

gerrard and carra "not backing rafa"- get a fcuking grip. why should they give the scumbag media whores anything to write about? don't read too much into it

i like rafas new cheeky smiles to the camera in post match interviews... it suits him, long may it continue, even in the face of barbed, antagonistic questioning

finally torres and babel against utd..not for me. one of the strikers needs to pass, and they both look to shoot unless they have no choice. bring babel on mid way through the second half with the game already won ( fingers toes and testicals crossed) and let him rub salt into the open wound.

right i think thats about it...well pleased, gonna sleep well tonight.

ps happy to finally be on rawk!!

Agree with much of that, great post for a newcomer and I won't even mention the lack
of punctuation ;D

Nice one mate.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
  • i fight the empire, i fix the robots.
    • imdb
« Reply #342 on: December 11, 2007, 11:36:28 pm »
cheers  phil man! :) but punctuation, at this time of night? after this many beers?

promise i'll try harder in future ;)

but thanks again for the welcome....means a lot

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #343 on: December 11, 2007, 11:36:36 pm »
While I wouldn't say no to getting Anelka as well, I thought Kuyt was excellent this evening and demonstrated what he could do more often if we had decent wingers

Kuyt played well today. He has suffered a dip in form a bit but in the circumstances i think thats acceptable. Remember the "Kuyt love-in" thread when he first joined us? Funny how fickle football fans are eh?

As for Anelka. Well when will people learn with that guy eh? Decent forward yes. And i loved his comments about Everton "dreaming" of signing him. But he would sign for us, and then want lto leave withing a year. FACT. Arsenal, Real, PSG, Man City, Fenerbache, Bolton all share similar traits. That Anelka wanted out within a year of joining them.
And his goal record? He was our number 9 for half a season and scored what? 5 goals? 6 maybe? Kuyt has 7 for this half of the season. No need to trade. Anelka didn't look that great last weekend when he had a gaping Anfield Road net to aim at.

My advice? Get over it.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline AmericanPoolFan

• RAWK's Gay Dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • why am I that
« Reply #344 on: December 11, 2007, 11:36:40 pm »
Babel is a super-sub. Put him on in the last 10 minutes of every game - he guarantees you a goal.

He is settling in quite nicely as a super-sub.  I think he'll have that roll for most of this year and then fight for a starting position next season... he is going to be class!

Offline gob

• Stopper.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A Jamais Les Premiers
« Reply #345 on: December 11, 2007, 11:36:48 pm »
Two last photos for sweet dreams  ;D :

The  teams :

fourth goal of Babel :

Offline Dave Mc

• Legacy Fan
  • I 'll be back for breakfast
« Reply #346 on: December 11, 2007, 11:36:55 pm »

All I can to performance is

BOOOOOOOO!!! ;D
Mark Noble is a shithouse!! - Phil M, 5/3/08

Offline FernandoTorrestieri

• Kopite
« Reply #347 on: December 11, 2007, 11:37:03 pm »
I still want us to SIGN NASRI! He had some great moments for l'OM

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: December 11, 2007, 11:38:11 pm »
My post match thoughts.

Torres is class.

Babel is a super-sub. Put him on in the last 10 minutes of every game - he guarantees you a goal.

The rest of the team is class. Kewell is coming back to form, class act, Gerrard is the nuts, the defense is mean.

However, Kuyt is terrible. Every time i see him play, i think, "what does Rafa see in him?". I don't want to bang on about his limitations as a player after such a great night, but the guy is woeful. We need to find an effective partner for Torres, because we don't have one. Crouch is immense, and in a 4-3-3, he's the perfect one to spear head the attack, helped by two of either Kewell, Benayoun, Babel or Pennant, but it's clear him and Torres isn't working at as a duo.

Yeah, you're a moron.  ;D

I agree with most of what you've said except Gerrard, Kewell, Torres AND KUYT played really well. Torres' goal was absolutely sublime, I reckon that is the best goal he has scored in his Liverpool career.

When Kuyt drops back to defend he allows Gerrard the chance to get forward, just as he did for the penalty he won. Kuyt held the ball up brilliantly all game and his decision making was excellent. He scored the goal which effectively killed the game off just after half time too. I don't think there was another player on the pitch who was as hungry for victory (and a goal) as Kuyt was tonight.

Offline rotistgeil

• Unflabbable in the face of lesbian scenes in public park.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #349 on: December 11, 2007, 11:38:18 pm »
Great result, enjoyed myself, not nervous anymore.

Offline dumbat

• Kemlynite
« Reply #350 on: December 11, 2007, 11:38:45 pm »
great win and everyone played so well, including those who have copped a bit of flak recently. we are scoring goals for fun these days and it's excellent to watch

people who managed to find any negatives about this performance deserve a slap

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #351 on: December 11, 2007, 11:39:46 pm »
fantastic performance from the reds tonight and it certainly cheered me up after saturdays dissappointment and i had GERRARD 1st goal and liverpool 3-0  :o :o There wasnt a bad player for liverpool everyone done their bit but torres is the main man and keep him fit we will be there or thereabout for the championship.BRING ON THE DIRTY MANCS
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: December 11, 2007, 11:39:48 pm »
dirk kuyt done what he was bought for in his last two game SCORED thats all you can ask for

Offline elrojoyoda

• Legacy Fan
  • The Dream Team
« Reply #353 on: December 11, 2007, 11:40:36 pm »
Absolutely made up with that ;D

Was convinced it was going to be an emotional rollercoaster, thanks to the 2 early goals it ended up being less fraught!

Well done to Rafa and the boys! Bring on the draw next Friday....
Follow me on Twitter @RojoYoda

Offline Tuesday

• Kopite
  • Alright Aldo?
« Reply #354 on: December 11, 2007, 11:41:24 pm »
Now for the biggie!  A win against the ultimate shite of all time is enough to make this a brilliant week.

Shithole city.  Shitbag fans.  Shitbag Sky TV.  3-0 against all that's wrong with football would be the end to a fucking great week.
Sound as a pound!

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: December 11, 2007, 11:42:00 pm »
Don't know which one Pleat is, co commentator or what?

Anyway, I was watching on RTE where Houghton was co commentating. There was just no reaction   from him at all. Even when we scored, nothing! Turned over and there was just so much more enthusiasm about it on UTV.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: December 11, 2007, 11:43:19 pm »
I'm happy with Kuyt right now.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline bt7cadillac

• Anny Roader
« Reply #357 on: December 11, 2007, 11:44:09 pm »
Not sure if this has been covered but why was there no sponsor on our kit tonight  ???
Oh my god it's Russell Crowe

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #358 on: December 11, 2007, 11:44:47 pm »
Not sure if this has been covered but why was there no sponsor on our kit tonight  ???

French law.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: December 11, 2007, 11:45:13 pm »
cant advetise beer in france , but they eat horses snails and frogs legs  :o