Author Topic: ChatGPT / OpenAI / AI  (Read 24650 times)

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Re: ChatGPT / OpenAI / AI
« Reply #280 on: June 18, 2023, 01:23:59 pm »
A couple of pages back, someone was sounding the death knell for adobe. After spending s few hours using the betas of photoshop, I think adobe have just leapfrogged everyone in usable generative ai. This shit will save me hours!

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: August 5, 2023, 12:29:43 pm »
https://samplab.com/text-to-sample

For my fellow music producers. So far, AI music tools are helpful rather than career ending. This one allows you to generate samples to use in audio projects. Most of what it makes is garbage, but I've gotten a few interesting sounds out of it - in particular, drum hits.

I say this isn't career ending, but like everything AI, it likely will be for someone. I imagine the many companies that build sample libraries are quite worried by this.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #282 on: August 9, 2023, 11:21:00 am »
Just listening to some of the AI fake songs on Youtube like frank Sinatra singing guns n' Roses songs

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HyfQVZHmArA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HyfQVZHmArA</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #283 on: August 10, 2023, 10:32:56 am »
Just listening to some of the AI fake songs on Youtube like frank Sinatra singing guns n' Roses songs

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HyfQVZHmArA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HyfQVZHmArA</a>

That is pretty frightening. It is incredibly accurate, without knowing it is a complete fake, it would be really hard to tell/ Looks like it was tweaked by a someone that knew what they were doing at not a straight rip from AI.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #284 on: August 16, 2023, 11:25:09 am »
I thought I would ask AI to create a picture of what the typical person from Somerset looks like

Hmmm

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #285 on: August 23, 2023, 09:14:35 pm »
Haven't really looked too much into AI before, but decided to let AI transcribe an interview for me and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with Whisper. It works really well (especially if you use the large model). Of course, the text is far from what you'd want to read in written form as it's just spoken words written down, but it does a really good job recognising what's said. And the German accent where I live is pretty far from standard German. Really really impressive and will save a lot of time...

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #286 on: August 29, 2023, 12:18:10 pm »
Once upon a time, in a small food stall nestled within a bustling city, there lived a humble kebab named Kebert. Kebert was no ordinary kebab. He possessed a secret ingredient, a pinch of stardust, that imbued him with magical qualities. This stardust granted him the ability to evolve and transform in extraordinary ways.

For years, Kebert had been content with his role as a delicious street food, satisfying the hunger of passersby. However, deep within him, there was an unquenchable desire to break free from his culinary fate and pursue a greater purpose. Kebert dreamed of becoming the best dancer the galaxy had ever seen.

Word of Kebert's aspirations reached the ears of a mischievous chicken McNugget named Cluckster. Cluckster, known for his arrogance, scoffed at the idea of a kebab surpassing him in any form of entertainment. A rivalry was born between the two.

Meanwhile, Kebert's journey to become a skilled dancer began. Every night, after the food stall closed, Kebert would practice his moves under the moonlight. With each passing day, his stardust-infused body grew more agile and flexible. His meaty layers twisted and turned, resembling the fluidity of a seasoned dancer.

As Kebert honed his skills, a new character entered the story. A bad-tempered vindaloo dish named Vinnie. Vinnie had a fiery personality and despised the idea of anyone overshadowing his spicy reputation. He saw Kebert's dancing ambition as a threat to his own notoriety.

Vinnie, fueled by his anger, challenged Kebert to a dance-off, hoping to put an end to the kebab's dreams. Determined not to be intimidated, Kebert accepted the challenge, feeling a surge of confidence flowing through his stardust-transformed body.

The day of the dance-off arrived. The city was abuzz with excitement as spectators gathered to witness the showdown between Kebert and Vinnie. The atmosphere crackled with energy as the music started, and the two competitors took to the dance floor.

Kebert's movements were a mesmerizing blend of grace and precision. His layers swirled and twisted, defying gravity as he effortlessly executed breathtaking routines. The crowd erupted in cheers, astonished by the spectacle before them. Kebert's stardust-infused body seemed to radiate with an otherworldly glow as he danced his way into their hearts.

Vinnie, not one to be outdone, unleashed his own fiery dance moves. His vindaloo-infused steps were intense and energetic, but lacked the finesse and elegance of Kebert. Despite his efforts, Vinnie's anger and lack of control hindered his performance.

As the dance-off reached its climax, Kebert's stardust-powered dance moves overwhelmed Vinnie's fiery display. The crowd erupted in thunderous applause, declaring Kebert the undisputed champion of the galaxy's dance floor.

From that day forward, Kebert's name became synonymous with dance excellence throughout the galaxy. He traveled from planet to planet, captivating audiences with his unique talent. Kebert's rivalry with Cluckster and Vinnie faded into the background as they realized the true beauty and artistry of his dance.

And so, the humble kebab, through evolution and determination became the best dancer the galaxy had ever seen!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #287 on: September 2, 2023, 07:26:38 pm »
After Tradas effort, here's mine after asking does Forest of Dean man 😂.
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: September 2, 2023, 08:45:50 pm »
An excellent, thought provoking, yet inconclusive pod on the subject from one of the world's leaders in knowledge of the subject.
https://open.spotify.com/episode/5u64GZHQcAzvQgmEWiodtm
https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/mustafa-suleyman-will-ai-save-or-destroy-humanity/id1665265193?i=1000625685186

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #289 on: October 9, 2023, 09:51:52 am »
This is the funniest article I've read in ages: Humans can’t resist breaking AI with boobs and 9/11 memes. Click through to read the full article and check out some of those amazing links.
The AI industry is progressing at a terrifying pace, but no amount of training will ever prepare an AI model to stop people from making it generate images of pregnant Sonic the Hedgehog. In the rush to launch the hottest AI tools, companies continue to forget that people will always use new tech for chaos. Artificial intelligence simply cannot keep up with the human affinity for boobs and 9/11 shitposting.

Both Meta and Microsoft’s AI image generators went viral this week for responding to prompts like “Karl marx large breasts” and fictional characters doing 9/11. They’re the latest examples of companies rushing to join the AI bandwagon, without considering how their tools will be misused.

Meta is in the process of rolling out AI-generated chat stickers for Facebook Stories, Instagram Stories and DMs, Messenger and WhatsApp. It’s powered by Llama 2, Meta’s new collection of AI models that the company claims is as “helpful” as ChatGPT, and Emu, Meta’s foundational model for image generation. The stickers, which were announced at last month’s Meta Connect, will be available to “select English users” over the course of this month.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #290 on: October 9, 2023, 11:49:58 am »
This is the funniest article I've read in ages: Humans can’t resist breaking AI with boobs and 9/11 memes. Click through to read the full article and check out some of those amazing links.

I reckon they do know what stupidity humanity will try. But it's those things that generate buzz around a new release.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: November 6, 2023, 09:12:37 am »
Has anyone used co-pilot or similar?  I'm in the trial period, and probably in a sweetspot for it.

//Write me an app served over https that responds to a request on route test
//update this to use puppeteer to render a payload sent on route prnt to html and save the result as pdf.

And it's working.  Now that's taken me about 10 mins.  Probably 2 hours, to half a day of googling and trying.
I am probably not using it right, it's not AI, it's just very good usage of google results.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #292 on: November 6, 2023, 09:22:48 am »
Has anyone used co-pilot or similar?  I'm in the trial period, and probably in a sweetspot for it.

//Write me an app served over https that responds to a request on route test
//update this to use puppeteer to render a payload sent on route prnt to html and save the result as pdf.

And it's working.  Now that's taken me about 10 mins.  Probably 2 hours, to half a day of googling and trying.
I am probably not using it right, it's not AI, it's just very good usage of google results.

OMG you do realise that code sends nuclear codes to terrorist groups don't you!!!!!

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: November 10, 2023, 10:58:04 am »
https://www.theregister.com/2023/11/09/robot_kills_employee/?td=rt-3a

(won't post the text as it's probably copyrighted?)

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: November 10, 2023, 11:07:08 am »
I mean, maybe switch off the machine before working on it or maybe don't lie under it?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #295 on: November 13, 2023, 11:45:35 am »
https://www.theregister.com/2023/11/09/robot_kills_employee/?td=rt-3a

(won't post the text as it's probably copyrighted?)

ROTM A man in his 40s was crushed to death by a robot at a produce-sorting facility in South Korea Tuesday after the machine apparently mistook him for a box of vegetables.

According to Korean media, the technician was diagnosing a problem with the robot's sensor package at the Donggoseong Export Agricultural Complex, ahead of a planned test run of the equipment Wednesday.

While the man was checking to see whether the sensor electronics were working properly, the robot reportedly took hold of him using its arm and tongs, crushing his face and chest. Officials believe the system misidentified the man as a box of food and tried to lift him up.

The victim was taken to the hospital, where he died as a result of his injuries.

The South Gyeongsang province plant has been using this robot to move food packages onto pallets for about five years, and it has come in extra handy when there's been a shortage of manpower, we're told.

The Korean-language Yonhap News Agency report, through machine translation, talks of the 'bot normally handling boxes of paprika; Western media is taking that to mean bell peppers seeing as it's a produce-sorting facility.

An official at the complex told reporters the accident occurred after a change to the plant's workflow to make the robot more efficient, requiring the aforementioned testing, and called for better safety measures to be established. The slain technician worked for the manufacturer of the robot, it is said.

This is hardly the first incident of an autonomous system harming a human. Last month an empty self-driving Cruise robotaxi hit and then proceeded to drag and trap a woman who had seconds earlier been struck by a human hit-and-run driver and fallen in the way of the autonomous vehicle.

The incident left the woman in critical condition and Cruise's operations in limbo amid an investigation by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. As we reported Wednesday, Cruise issued an update to its self-driving taxis to prevent similar incidents.

Beyond agricultural, industrial, and transportation industries, datacenters are looking to robots to address personnel shortages. Last month, Microsoft listed an opening for a Hardware Automation Team Manager to oversee among other things the use of robotic systems throughout its network of datacenters.

The opening was listed after an outage at a Microsoft facility in Australia which the tech behemoth admitted was exacerbated by a shortage of staff onsite.

Oracle has also been trialing robotic systems including Boston Dynamics four-legged robodogs. Meanwhile at the OCP summit in October, Meta and Jtec demoed a robotic server cart capable of carrying entire datacenter racks weighting 1,500kg around. However, the system is still awaiting final safety tests. ®
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #296 on: November 23, 2023, 12:11:22 pm »
Some interesting 'background' on what could have been happening in the background of all the firing, hiring and rehiring over the past few weeks.

OpenAI researchers warned board of AI breakthrough ahead of CEO ouster, sources say

Ahead of OpenAI CEO Sam Altman’s four days in exile, several staff researchers wrote a letter to the board of directors warning of a powerful artificial intelligence discovery that they said could threaten humanity, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters.

The previously unreported letter and AI algorithm were key developments before the board's ouster of Altman, the poster child of generative AI, the two sources said. Prior to his triumphant return late Tuesday, more than 700 employees had threatened to quit and join backer Microsoft (MSFT.O) in solidarity with their fired leader.

The sources cited the letter as one factor among a longer list of grievances by the board leading to Altman's firing, among which were concerns over commercializing advances before understanding the consequences. Reuters was unable to review a copy of the letter. The staff who wrote the letter did not respond to requests for comment.

After being contacted by Reuters, OpenAI, which declined to comment, acknowledged in an internal message to staffers a project called Q* and a letter to the board before the weekend's events, one of the people said. An OpenAI spokesperson said that the message, sent by long-time executive Mira Murati, alerted staff to certain media stories without commenting on their accuracy.

ome at OpenAI believe Q* (pronounced Q-Star) could be a breakthrough in the startup's search for what's known as artificial general intelligence (AGI), one of the people told Reuters. OpenAI defines AGI as autonomous systems that surpass humans in most economically valuable tasks.

Given vast computing resources, the new model was able to solve certain mathematical problems, the person said on condition of anonymity because the individual was not authorized to speak on behalf of the company. Though only performing math on the level of grade-school students, acing such tests made researchers very optimistic about Q*’s future success, the source said.

Reuters could not independently verify the capabilities of Q* claimed by the researchers.

'VEIL OF IGNORANCE'

Researchers consider math to be a frontier of generative AI development. Currently, generative AI is good at writing and language translation by statistically predicting the next word, and answers to the same question can vary widely. But conquering the ability to do math — where there is only one right answer — implies AI would have greater reasoning capabilities resembling human intelligence. This could be applied to novel scientific research, for instance, AI researchers believe.

Unlike a calculator that can solve a limited number of operations, AGI can generalize, learn and comprehend.

In their letter to the board, researchers flagged AI’s prowess and potential danger, the sources said without specifying the exact safety concerns noted in the letter. There has long been discussion among computer scientists about the danger posed by highly intelligent machines, for instance if they might decide that the destruction of humanity was in their interest.

Researchers have also flagged work by an "AI scientist" team, the existence of which multiple sources confirmed. The group, formed by combining earlier "Code Gen" and "Math Gen" teams, was exploring how to optimize existing AI models to improve their reasoning and eventually perform scientific work, one of the people said.

Altman led efforts to make ChatGPT one of the fastest growing software applications in history and drew investment - and computing resources - necessary from Microsoft to get closer to AGI.

In addition to announcing a slew of new tools in a demonstration this month, Altman last week teased at a summit of world leaders in San Francisco that he believed major advances were in sight.

"Four times now in the history of OpenAI, the most recent time was just in the last couple weeks, I've gotten to be in the room, when we sort of push the veil of ignorance back and the frontier of discovery forward, and getting to do that is the professional honor of a lifetime," he said at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit.

A day later, the board fired Altman.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/sam-altmans-ouster-openai-was-precipitated-by-letter-board-about-ai-breakthrough-2023-11-22/
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: November 23, 2023, 01:02:09 pm »

"Ahead of OpenAI CEO Sam Altman’s four days in exile, several staff researchers wrote a letter to the board of directors warning of a powerful artificial intelligence discovery that they said could threaten the rich"

Just edited for realism

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: November 28, 2023, 09:10:44 pm »
I can only assume that if they feel they are close to achieving super intelligence with AI, then they must have figured a way of connecting it up to the bullens wall.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: December 1, 2023, 12:28:57 pm »
Who's using chatgpt or copilot or similar for their work?  Who is working for companies that are encouraging it?
I'm using it daily, I can't say how much time it's saving. Maybe an hour or more a day already.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #300 on: December 1, 2023, 07:58:03 pm »
Who's using chatgpt or copilot or similar for their work?  Who is working for companies that are encouraging it?
I'm using it daily, I can't say how much time it's saving. Maybe an hour or more a day already.

I use ChatGPT a few times a week for queries I have if I can't get a script quite right or complex SSRS expressions.

We also had a demonstration in work of it correctly converting a long Oracle script into an SQL script that was needed for a change of database engine and the script worked perfectly. Saved days or recoding work
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: December 12, 2023, 08:59:42 am »
Buzzy Startup Just Dumps AI Model That Beats GPT-3.5 Into a Torrent Link

https://gizmodo.com/mistral-artificial-intelligence-gpt-3-openai-1851091217

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: January 4, 2024, 06:52:01 pm »
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo LK-99 Superconductor is back :D

https://twitter.com/pronounced_kyle/status/1742588127628361809

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #303 on: January 4, 2024, 07:30:33 pm »
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo LK-99 Superconductor is back :D

https://twitter.com/pronounced_kyle/status/1742588127628361809
Odds against it being genuine….

But if it is?  It’s changes the world.  It would be the single most important bit of science in the 21st century.

But if you can get something to superconduct at -23, you can surely get one to work at +23.  Skeptical until this can be replicated  though

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: January 4, 2024, 07:38:23 pm »
Well claims it's been replicated a couple of times but...you know...........China

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #305 on: January 4, 2024, 07:40:29 pm »
Well claims it's been replicated a couple of times but...you know...........China
To be fair, there is a potentially reasonable excuse as to why their sample did work last time and no one else’s did. 

But, time will tell.  I’m not getting my hopes up yet,
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: January 5, 2024, 10:29:46 pm »
Wearing my dunce hat, why are superconductors in the Ai thread?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: January 5, 2024, 10:36:49 pm »
Couldn't find a Superconductor thread and didn't want to start one as the last one was false alarm :D

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: January 6, 2024, 04:59:55 am »
Cheers. Certainly interesting enough to be here!

Offline Bullan

• I can't believe I ate the whole thing...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speed of The Sound Of Loneliness
« Reply #309 on: January 6, 2024, 07:55:33 am »

We rolled out Github Copilot in June last year, one of the first companies over here to do so , and we are about to sign with OpenAI for Enterprise ChatGPT , we get our API stuff via Azure as they have better prices.
I've been testing out AI in all of the tool stack I run and so far found it a mixed bag.
I hate every ape I see.
From chimpan-a to chimpan-z,
No, you'll never make a monkey out of me.
Oh, my God, I was wrong,
It was Earth all along.
You finally made a monkey...

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: February 6, 2024, 07:10:09 pm »
https://arxiv.org/pdf/2401.03408.pdf

Apparently, some AIs are showing a propensity for escalation of conflict in war games scenarios. Not unlike the 80s film, where hey have a habit of going nuclear.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: February 13, 2024, 11:15:09 am »
Edit:

Write a sad story about a goalkeeper named Jordan who has little arms and was always angry. He plays for a team named Everton who would then go on to get relegated after many mistakes from jordan. The focus of the story should be how embarrassingly little his arms are

I like it

Sat at my desk and I swear this is one of the funniest things I've read in ages.  I have tears of silent mirth in my eyes.

Did ChatGPT honestly come back with this?

:lmao

Jordan had always been self-conscious about his arms. They were short and stubby, barely long enough to reach the crossbar when he stood on his tippy-toes. He had always been a goalkeeper, and his lack of height and long arms had never been a problem before. But as he grew older and the competition got tougher, he began to realize that his small arms were a liability.

Despite his limitations, Jordan was a fierce and passionate player. He had a fire in his belly that drove him to succeed, and he was determined to prove everyone wrong. He worked hard in training, pushing himself to the limit and beyond, always striving to be better.

But as the season went on, Jordan began to make mistakes. He misjudged crosses and failed to punch the ball clear. He allowed soft goals to slip past him, and his confidence began to falter. The fans started to jeer and boo, and Jordan grew angrier and more frustrated with each passing game.

Things came to a head when Everton, Jordan's beloved team, were relegated from the top division. It was a crushing blow for the club, and the fans were furious. They blamed Jordan for the team's failure, pointing to his lack of height and small arms as the reason for their downfall.

Jordan struggled to find a new team after Everton's relegation. His confidence was shattered, and he felt like a failure. He fell into a deep depression, unable to shake the constant feeling of embarrassment over his small arms.

Despite his best efforts, Jordan was unable to regain his form. He made mistake after mistake, and his new team soon grew tired of his inability to perform. They released him from his contract, and Jordan was left without a club.

He drifted from team to team, never quite finding his footing. He was constantly reminded of his small arms and the mistakes he had made at Everton, and he grew more and more bitter and angry.

Eventually, Jordan retired from professional football. He was only in his mid-20s, but he felt like his career was over. He spent his days alone, consumed by his anger and regret. He never forgot the embarrassment of his small arms, and he never found peace.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: February 16, 2024, 10:07:52 am »
The new OpenAI Sora videos are quite impressive/scary.

https://openai.com/sora

The historical footage from gold rush California is really good. Lots of these sorts of videos could quickly become the default way to generate content for advertisers, perfect for a 30-60 second promo without any of the logistical faff.

Marquess Brownlee has done a decent video on YouTube about it. Why hire a drone pilot and video editor when you can just ask this to make a short video of a beach front scene from height.

The pace of change in this technology is mad.
"We come here for the winning!"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: February 16, 2024, 10:41:07 am »

The historical footage from gold rush California is really good. Lots of these sorts of videos could quickly become the default way to generate content for advertisers, perfect for a 30-60 second promo without any of the logistical faff.

Marquess Brownlee has done a decent video on YouTube about it. Why hire a drone pilot and video editor when you can just ask this to make a short video of a beach front scene from height.

There are a few mutant horses and people in that video :D but yeah looks great and wil be perfect in no time at all

So that's Pictures sort, Video sorted, Chat sorted

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #314 on: February 16, 2024, 02:40:18 pm »

I was coming in here to reference that exact video! It is insane how fast it has moved on and like he says in the video, it's only going to keep getting better and better from here.

As of today, those videos are the worst it gets.
JFT97

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #315 on: February 16, 2024, 06:58:12 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2fAPgOCjToA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2fAPgOCjToA</a>

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: February 17, 2024, 06:59:52 pm »
Was here to post about that. It’s astounding how much it’s come on. In a couple of years it’ll be making feature films. Crazy.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #317 on: February 18, 2024, 04:29:52 pm »
I wonder if these AI features can be incorporated into consoles and games?

And might see the birth of new types of games.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: February 18, 2024, 07:18:09 pm »
Was here to post about that. It’s astounding how much it’s come on. In a couple of years it’ll be making feature films. Crazy.

It's utter dogshit.

Instead of getting rid of the mundane tasks that we waste our lives working on for a pittance, it's being used to replace the good bits about being human - arts and creativity. No interest in reading an AI novel, listening to AI generated music, or watching an AI film. Completely pointless. Scrape the data from all human creative endeavours thus far, put it in a database, and regurgitate it with six fucking fingers. Utter shite.

People calling themselves 'prompt artists' as well, what a fucking joke. "Beautiful. Amazing. High definition picture of a fucking dog turd. Leica. National Geographic." Here's a prompt for you, get in the fucking bin you jumped up Twitter biffs, pretending you've conquered creativity when all you are doing is sending humanity further down the fucking U bend.

I'm with Ned Ludd.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: February 18, 2024, 10:19:54 pm »
It's utter dogshit.

Instead of getting rid of the mundane tasks that we waste our lives working on for a pittance, it's being used to replace the good bits about being human - arts and creativity. No interest in reading an AI novel, listening to AI generated music, or watching an AI film. Completely pointless. Scrape the data from all human creative endeavours thus far, put it in a database, and regurgitate it with six fucking fingers. Utter shite.

People calling themselves 'prompt artists' as well, what a fucking joke. "Beautiful. Amazing. High definition picture of a fucking dog turd. Leica. National Geographic." Here's a prompt for you, get in the fucking bin you jumped up Twitter biffs, pretending you've conquered creativity when all you are doing is sending humanity further down the fucking U bend.

I'm with Ned Ludd.

Yes, I made that precise point a year ago on this thread. My reaction was more horror than awe.

I work in the creative industry. I can see so much of my income disappearing in the next 2-5 years because of AI. And the net result will be more profit and less costs for companies that already try to pay artists as little as possible.

AI will bring about greater wealth inequality and incredible job losses. Ned Ludd would be setting fire to data centres.

One problem, though, is eventually you may not know you’re reading, watching or listening to the work of AI.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 10:21:29 pm by thejbs »