Author Topic: Mauricio Isla on the way out of Udinese?  (Read 5459 times)

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
Mauricio Isla on the way out of Udinese?
« on: February 18, 2012, 02:26:58 pm »
Liverpool have been put on alert after Udinese's Mauricio Isla confirmed he is set to leave the Stadio Friuli at the end of the season.

Chile international Isla, who can play anywhere on the right flank, was heavily linked with a move away from Udinese in the January transfer window but the Italian club were unwilling to let him go.

But Isla, who suffered a season-ending knee injury against AC Milan last weekend, has spoken with Udinese's officials and is ready to move on, possibly to the Premier League.

"I talked to Gino Pozzo (son of Udinese owner Giampaolo), who decided to let me go at the end of the season," the 23-year-old told La Tercera.

"I do not exclude the possibility of staying as I was asked to stay for another year. But, for now, all I think about is recovering from this injury as soon as possible."

Isla's agent claimed earlier in February that Serie A rivals Juventus, Roma are also keeping an eye on his client.

"I think he is being tracked by Liverpool and other Italian clubs like Juventus and Roma," Leo Rodriguez told BK Sport. "I'm sure that these clubs have already initiated contacts with Udinese."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1023437/liverpool-on-alert-as-mauricio-isla-hints-at-udinese-exit?cc=3436

Quality player, great news if we're interested.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
Re: Mauricio Isla on the way out of Udinese?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 02:29:35 pm »
I think a deal is already in place. Kuyt's replacement as the all action, can play multiple roles guy.

Offline Dudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 02:32:31 pm »
Would be great signing if true. And he's foreigner!
"We do not need to give away flags for our fans to wave - our supporters are always there with their hearts and that is all we need. It's the passion of fans that helps to win matches - not flags."
- Rafael Benitez

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 02:35:48 pm »
Would be great signing if true. And he's foreigner!
We'll show him what love is.

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 02:38:37 pm »
I think a deal is already in place. Kuyt's replacement as the all action, can play multiple roles guy.

What makes you think a deal is in place?
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 02:43:24 pm »

Obviously ITK. ;)
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 02:45:27 pm »
Just about to post this, these are the type of signings we should be trying to make, everything's not black or white when you ain't in the Champions League, there are players like him available who'd improve us and help us get back to challenging at the top again, hopefully we see more of these type of links instead of looking at Premier League 'proven' players who'll never amass to anything more than simply half decent players who also think they've already achieved it all simply by signing for us.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 02:51:48 pm »

I'm just guesstimating. We were linked with him in January, Kuyt is being allowed to leave at the end of the season then Isla comes out and says he expects to leave at the end of the season. 2+22-1=5

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 03:22:39 pm »
Isla is a top player.

The only issue is where would he play in the first eleven if all are fit? As a squad player, he is an awesome awesome addition though.
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Emlynevermore

• Twinkletoes
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bounce!
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 03:25:23 pm »
Finishing 4th this season would help our case.  If Roma have any sense, they'll go balls out for him; he'd be perfect in Enrique's uptempo press-and-move game, probably at right back though.

You worry about explosive players who suffer knee ligament injuries.  Hopefully he returns at something approaching his best, wherever he ends up.
Forza Viola!
Sitting in my car near anfield I've just had an amazing idea. Why not get behind the team?

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 03:36:59 pm »
He's a brilliant player. He's not better than Glen Johnson though, and would we really sign a 'rightback' to play midfield? I mean it's possible, because he plays like more of a winger, but it'd be quite strange.

Can think of half a dozen clubs who have far more use for him than us. Chelsea and United for a start.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 03:39:23 pm »
Is he as versatile as he's been for me on FIFA?

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 06:48:48 pm »
I don't know if he is better than Johnson but he is a quality player that has continually improved since I first saw him at the World Cup in 2010.  I think we need to sign as many quality players as possible and we'll see how he compares to Johnson if he gets here.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 10:39:40 pm »
Isla is a top player.

The only issue is where would he play in the first eleven if all are fit? As a squad player, he is an awesome awesome addition though.

RM/RW.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 10:40:36 pm »
Is he as versatile as he's been for me on FIFA?

Can play anywhere on the right flank, and I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he started his career as a DM.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 12:21:25 am »
How serious is his knee injury? If ACL not sure we sign him till jan to see what his recovery is like

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 08:12:55 am »
I would be very happy to see him here, he seems to be a top young player. He could play either right back, winger or even defensive midfield I think.

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 08:18:07 am »
I plays mostly at either RB/LB don't think we need this kid. He does look decent though.
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 08:35:58 am »
Surely his versatility is part of the appeal. Covers for Lucas, Enrique (after Aurelio goes) and on the right of the park. I can see the sense in our interest.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 08:40:54 am »
Have to say that this season I haven't been convinced by Glen Johnson.  At times his decision making has been questionable and that's being kind.

I don't know if this guy could be a direct replacement.  I wouldn't want him because of his versatility but rather the runs he makes from deep and his attacking threat.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 09:02:11 am »
He's brilliant.  And very versatile from what I've seen of him.  He's quick and possesses good technique as well.  Very good player to have.  Would be great to get him because I think he can easily slot into the second central midfield role.   
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 09:03:36 am »
Can play anywhere on the right flank, and I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he started his career as a DM.

I may be wrong but I think he even played in central defence one game at the World cup after a couple of others got sent off.  Can't be sure if though, could just be my mind playing tricks on me.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 09:12:40 am »
As a right-flank utility player, this guy's a Swiss Army knife compared to the plastic Dutch 'spork' we currently have.

Still, we're not an all-expenses rehab clinic like we've been for Serie A imports previously, so I'd expect Brukner and team to take a long hard look at this knee injury.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:15:50 am by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 10:00:46 am »
A right footed Aurelio with a better track record regarding his fitness, I'd love it if we have him. The guy can be employed at RB, RW, DM & CM. Would be a shrewd piece of business by the club if we manage to sign him.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline my name canged back to tucker?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, 10:20:16 am »
Have to say that this season I haven't been convinced by Glen Johnson.  At times his decision making has been questionable and that's being kind.

best right back in the league for me, defensively sound and great going forward, superb footballer

Offline Hank Scorpio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 11:19:44 am »
best right back in the league for me, defensively sound and great going forward, superb footballer
He's certainly capable of brilliance but too often I think he finds himself in good positions down the right and fails to take advantage of the opening because he either delays his pass or just makes the wrong pass.

He also seems to let players have shots at goal when he should be making it more difficult for them to get off a clean strike.  Cost us goals this season.

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, 04:02:58 pm »
Is he on a free after the season ends? If not, any idea what would be the fee in the region of?
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2012, 06:48:16 pm »
Is he on a free after the season ends? If not, any idea what would be the fee in the region of?

Probably 10 million or something.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2012, 07:39:19 pm »
I don't want to put the cat amongst the pigeons here, but has anyone else heard the rumours that Glen Johnson might be off in the summer?
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2012, 07:44:25 pm »
I don't want to put the cat amongst the pigeons here, but has anyone else heard the rumours that Glen Johnson might be off in the summer?
To?
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 07:50:58 pm »
Would love to sign Isla.

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 07:52:28 pm »

Offline R

• Main Stander
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 08:58:26 pm »
It'd be nice to have him playing for Liverpool since he's quality as a player and as a person. He's pretty similar to Alexis (Sánchez) - both humble, versatile, etc. They're even best friends, that's one of the reasons they understand each other in such a way while playing together. They did in Udinese and they still do in the national team.

Err. His surgery went right and he's supposed to be back in about three months which is sad because we'll probably won't have him for the qualification match against Bolivia... (I see Brazil 2014 so far away with the fat ass Borghi - come back Bielsa! :'()

So yeah, I'd love to see El Huaso Isla in Liverpool red.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2012, 01:19:34 am »

We gave him a new contract recently and Comolli was waxing lyrical about him. He's been playing well since then, why would we want rid? Or does he want out?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 01:32:04 am »
Thats just down to personal hygiene and the weather that mate.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2012, 04:02:57 am »
As a right-flank utility player, this guy's a Swiss Army knife compared to the plastic Dutch 'spork' we currently have.

Still, we're not an all-expenses rehab clinic like we've been for Serie A imports previously, so I'd expect Brukner and team to take a long hard look at this knee injury.

Dirk Kuyt has been close to useless in the attacking third this season (with notable exceptions) but show the guy some respect huh? as in, that thing he's earned throughout his years here with his hard work

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 08:43:54 am »
Johnson has been linked with Real Madrid all season, they want to move Sergio Ramos inside to centre back it seems so they are on the market for a right back, if Rafa rocks up at the Bernabeu I would expect a bid.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2012, 08:48:03 am »
If Rafa rocks up at the Bernabau do we get our Xabi back?

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2012, 11:30:06 am »
Johnson has been linked with Real Madrid all season, they want to move Sergio Ramos inside to centre back it seems so they are on the market for a right back, if Rafa rocks up at the Bernabeu I would expect a bid.
They have Arbeloa though.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2012, 03:52:34 pm »
To?

Barca or Real apparently. As I say, it's only a rumour and I'm not saying it's a certainty by any means. Apparently there's something in his contract that not everyone at the club is happy with, and when he signed his new contract, him and his agent refused to have it removed. But what do I know? I'd be gutted if this was in any way true because I really rate him.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.