Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3579463 times)

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #25920 on: May 2, 2024, 11:51:55 am »
The collar is a little bit off putting but other than that it's a decent kit. Ali's goalkeeper kit is a thing of beauty. Or maybe Ali being a thing of beauty makes everything look better?

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25921 on: May 2, 2024, 11:52:24 am »
Why id Mo doing a Charlie Chaplin impression?

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25922 on: May 2, 2024, 11:54:40 am »
I know we aren't the only club that do this, but does anyone else think it looks really stupid when the sponsor is a different colour than the badges? All gold or all white would look much nicer.

Hate the collar too. Couple of tweaks and it could have been really nice.

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #25923 on: May 2, 2024, 11:59:41 am »
The collar is a little bit off putting but other than that it's a decent kit. Ali's goalkeeper kit is a thing of beauty. Or maybe Ali being a thing of beauty makes everything look better?

I think that's the problem with having a generally very, very good looking team. You want to buy the shirt and forget that it's not going to look like that on you. Sadly I do not have the body of a Brazilian goalkeeping god, just the puny human form of someone who can barely catch a cold.

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25924 on: May 2, 2024, 12:00:14 pm »
Normally I think the home kits at least look decent if not pretty damn good but this is a truly hideous kit, probably the worst home kit for 10 years since that ugly 14/15 one. It’s annoying cos 90% of it looks nice, the pinstripes are fine, but the collar is horrific and ruins the whole thing, and the yellow/white triangles on the side made it look cheap.

It always amazes me that fans can come up with 10x better designs than the people who actually get paid for this shit.

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
« Reply #25925 on: May 2, 2024, 12:09:37 pm »
I do think it looks a lot like the LeBron shirts, which I thought were hideous but appreciate were probably not aimed at me. I wonder if they're trying something more likely to appeal to the US market, like how Venezia shirts became a fashion trend for a little while.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #25926 on: May 2, 2024, 12:12:06 pm »
I think that's the problem with having a generally very, very good looking team. You want to buy the shirt and forget that it's not going to look like that on you. Sadly I do not have the body of a Brazilian goalkeeping god, just the puny human form of someone who can barely catch a cold.

;D

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #25927 on: May 2, 2024, 12:13:49 pm »
Comfortably the worst home shirt ever.

This is the issue with having a new kit every season. All ideas get exhausted and then someone goes on a massive coke bender and this is what happens.

Nikes best efforts have been on the training range.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #25928 on: May 2, 2024, 12:17:53 pm »
The photoshoot for it is appalling ...  ;D
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #25929 on: May 2, 2024, 12:18:45 pm »

'Nike blamed for 2024/25 Liverpool new kit price increase':-

www.thisisanfield.com/2024/05/liverpool-blame-nike-for-2024-25-new-kit-price-increase

'Nike have been blamed for the rising price of Liverpool’s new home shirt following its launch on Thursday morning.

The cost of a standard adult shirt has gone up to £80 for 2024/25, while the same jersey in youth sizes now comes in at £60 – rises of just over £5 from last season.

Meanwhile, the match jersey worn by the players is priced at £125 (a £10 hike on last year’s version), with infant kits retailing at £52 (up by £7).

Sources have told This Is Anfield that this jump in price is down to Nike’s non-negotiable manufacturer’s suggested retail price, which has gone up by 8.5 percent for all of its clubs.'

^ more in the linked article.

'LFC Merchandise (Official and Unofficial) Thread' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=264852.0

'Bornprosper / Jomzajung etc' - cheap yet quality footy shirt thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=279241.720

:thumbup

« Last Edit: May 2, 2024, 12:27:24 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
« Reply #25930 on: May 2, 2024, 12:22:14 pm »
Isn't the match version essentially a garment that's not designed to be washed and worn multiple times, hence the players getting a new shirt every game?

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #25931 on: May 2, 2024, 12:36:33 pm »
£80 :lmao

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25932 on: May 2, 2024, 01:02:51 pm »
£80 :lmao

Thats why I've been using DHGate or the other one I used last year for the lads kits. Little prick has sussed it out and kicked off "am I only worth a fake kit?" the twat and as I'm taking his brother for flying lessons (he's paying but I pay the fuel to get to Blackpool and back) I'm only fair to get him a genuine one this season - fucking hate the idea of paying £80 when I've been getting player versions for £15 :butt
Jurgen YNWA

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #25933 on: May 2, 2024, 01:04:34 pm »
I was going to ask what would you know about trying to recreate a mid 80s Italian vibe but then realised I’d picked in the wrong username.

;D
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #25934 on: May 2, 2024, 01:33:27 pm »
This kit release came a bit out of the blue - I thought we'd have to wait a couple of weeks.

The shirt's okay. Not sure about the collar, but it doesn't look too tight. Those of us with short necks are grateful.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25935 on: May 2, 2024, 01:54:57 pm »
If it's inspired by our 84 team anyone ask  Souness what he thinks of these?  ;D

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #25936 on: May 2, 2024, 02:02:01 pm »
If it's inspired by our 84 team anyone ask  Souness what he thinks of these?  ;D
You have to ask where Pogba was in all of this
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25937 on: May 2, 2024, 02:03:52 pm »

Hmmm, that kit came out in 1982 though
Jurgen YNWA

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25938 on: May 2, 2024, 02:12:25 pm »
Really like it. Everything is a lot more subtle than in the leaks as well. Especially with no shield behind the Liver Bird

The collar could be better but I think most people will like it come the end of the season

As usual, a load of auld people who would never buy a kit anyway cry about it and it goes and sells millions anyway. And if anyone thinks adidas are gonna be any better...

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25939 on: May 2, 2024, 02:18:28 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/photos-players-wear-2024-25-liverpool-home-kit-first-time

Where they all told not to smile
They obviously did this the day after Klopp told them he was leaving.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #25940 on: May 2, 2024, 02:26:53 pm »
How is Alisson going to play with a fucking trenchcoat on? Eh Nike? Did you think of that?!?

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpools-new-goalkeeper-kit-next-season-unveiled

Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25941 on: May 2, 2024, 02:38:22 pm »
Those outfits!  :jester

"There's a dressing up box in the corner - just grab something and stick it on.  Don't worry if it doesn't fit".

No wonder they all look so glum.

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25942 on: May 2, 2024, 02:47:15 pm »
The shirt is fine. The collar kinda ruins it a little bit, but I don't mind it too much.

I say it every year, but whether we love or hate a kit I think depends mostly on what we do in it. Certain shirts I struggle to look at if we have a shit season. Similarly have fond memories of kits that we win trophies in.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #25943 on: May 2, 2024, 03:15:58 pm »
This season's was great..best for a long time...a proper Liverpool FC kit....this new thing looks like a shit 90's Man U shirt....the only positive is that now this one is out I'll be able to pick up this season's off DH Gate for the price of a couple of pints ..
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25944 on: May 2, 2024, 03:39:52 pm »
so happy to not have to spend money on this. even at a DHgate I wouldn't waste the time.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #25945 on: May 2, 2024, 03:52:45 pm »
The shirt is fine. The collar kinda ruins it a little bit, but I don't mind it too much.

I say it every year, but whether we love or hate a kit I think depends mostly on what we do in it. Certain shirts I struggle to look at if we have a shit season. Similarly have fond memories of kits that we win trophies in.
You are right. The 2000/2 and the 2004/6 kits were not great but you immediately associate them with the treble and the european cup

Mind you the 2019/20 was the perfect marriage of a great kit and season. It was wonderful

I do think some classic homes got lost due to a lack of success, last seasons was pretty good but it wasnt a great season
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25946 on: May 2, 2024, 03:56:53 pm »
Those outfits!  :jester

"There's a dressing up box in the corner - just grab something and stick it on.  Don't worry if it doesn't fit".

No wonder they all look so glum.

You're joking about a year and millions of ££ has probably gone into that entire shoot and what they wear, no offence to marketing like but it's a joke of a job.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #25947 on: May 2, 2024, 05:07:12 pm »
I'm pretty certain now that no shirt will ever match the 125th anniversary jersey of 2017/18. Goddamn thing was a work of art.

That day we wore it for the first time, we could have beaten Brazil 1970 in that shirt, let alone beaten Middlesboro to qualify for the CL

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #25948 on: May 2, 2024, 05:09:36 pm »
I'm pretty certain now that no shirt will ever match the 125th anniversary jersey of 2017/18. Goddamn thing was a work of art.

That day we wore it for the first time, we could have beaten Brazil 1970 in that shirt, let alone beaten Middlesboro to qualify for the CL

I still have wet dreams thinking about that shirt. I prayed we would win the title in it but it was not to be. New Balance made some classy shirts for us.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25949 on: May 2, 2024, 05:12:11 pm »
New 1 looks sound in promo pics tbf

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25950 on: May 2, 2024, 05:15:38 pm »
All red as Shanks started

It is all red, no?

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25951 on: May 2, 2024, 05:18:40 pm »
I do think some classic homes got lost due to a lack of success, last seasons was pretty good but it wasnt a great season

I think the guiltiest kit for this is the home shirt we wore between 2010 - 2012. Was a huge fan of it when it was first revealed (despite it being the first non-Carlsberg sponsored shirt we had) but looking at it now makes me a little bit sick in the mouth, because I can't not associate it with Roy Hodgson.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25952 on: May 2, 2024, 05:34:43 pm »
I think the guiltiest kit for this is the home shirt we wore between 2010 - 2012. Was a huge fan of it when it was first revealed (despite it being the first non-Carlsberg sponsored shirt we had) but looking at it now makes me a little bit sick in the mouth, because I can't not associate it with Roy Hodgson.

This make you feel better?

Jurgen YNWA

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25953 on: May 2, 2024, 05:43:32 pm »

It didn't help that it felt like a really weird cut/ shape. It also had a subtle sort of diamond texture that looked quite nice but felt really rough if you were to move your hand across it. Really odd for a top kit designer like Adidas. It's either that or 14-15 for our worst home shirt of the last 15 or 20 years for me.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #25954 on: May 2, 2024, 05:45:49 pm »
The collar on this new one gets worse every time you see it. Pure man united stuff, fucking horrible.

That 2017/18 kit was lovely. The one we had this season nice too.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #25955 on: May 2, 2024, 07:36:33 pm »
£125 for that.  :lmao

DHGate aren't even getting £16 from me for a copy this time.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #25956 on: May 2, 2024, 07:43:02 pm »
Absolute gash. I always associate the start of our decline with that shite Adidas kit with the 3 shoulder stripe bollocks. This feels exactly the same. All those Nike kits have been poor compared to the new balance stuff.
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25957 on: May 2, 2024, 07:47:41 pm »
Here's the thing. I don't mind a madder kit, and based on early rumuors and mock-ups I was actually expecting to really like this one. Now that its released, I'm struggling to form an opinion. I certainly don't think it's terrible, but I don't think I'd buy it for myself either. It's actually quite impressive that a kit could be so overstated and at the same time so weirdly unmoving. I like the funky pin stripes. No idea what to make of the collar. I dislike the bits under the arms rather intensely.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2024, 07:57:35 pm by StevoHimself »

Offline Jay012345

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • How many topics?
« Reply #25958 on: May 2, 2024, 07:51:41 pm »
Trying to like it, just cant. Saw the promo video, and still couldn't like it. Design is weird, the collar is nasty. Hope the second and third is better.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25959 on: May 2, 2024, 08:38:41 pm »
Shit kit