Author Topic: Cody Mathès Gakpo  (Read 322825 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Cody Mathès Gakpo
« Reply #3840 on: March 18, 2024, 05:51:14 pm »
He has run himself into the ground lately and is on a decent goal-scoring run. I don't really see where the criticism is coming from.

People need somebody to blame.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #3841 on: March 18, 2024, 06:02:42 pm »
He has run himself into the ground lately and is on a decent goal-scoring run. I don't really see where the criticism is coming from.

We lost a game, did you not see? There must be blame apportioned

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3842 on: March 18, 2024, 06:07:23 pm »
I don’t think he’s been that poor that we need to discuss solutions on how to utilise him, I think he’s used OK I just think he isn’t producing at the standard required. His issue is he just isn’t the profile of wide player that Klopp likes which means he either has to play in midfield or as a 9. He’s behind two players as the 9 and hasn’t looked comfortable in midfield when tried there. It’s not a Minamino situation where he’s never going to force his way in, but with the season where it’s at now it does look like he’ll be on the bench most games the other 4 forwards are fit.

We haven’t seen a lot of him out wide, he looks more comfortable pulling there but Klopp has never given him a proper go on the left which is really curious. He used to play Origi out wide when he would occasionally play so it’s odd Gakpo hasn’t had a run there. He’s probably looked at his worst when tried on the right or in midfield. The coaching staff seem to think his best position for us is as a 9. 12 months ago I’d have agreed wholeheartedly, he looked like he could be our new Bobby, with more physical gifts and potentially a greater shooting threat, but it hasn’t happened for him. When he has played he hasn’t been able to get into the type of rhythm needed to be a false 9 and he hasn’t provided the goal threat to be a classic 9. I think he makes some good runs off the ball but his teammates don’t tend to find him or even try to find him, yet when Darwin comes on he’s like a magnet.
You see. I wouldn't have any issue if this is the kind of post in this thread one day after the game. But just go back to the first few pages right after the game. Some absolutely horrendous takes, demanding him to be sold or sent to the reserve, saying he makes the ones around him worse (as if a player can have that power lol), etc. And I've already debunked that myth about him being anonymous with backed up stats so those people should hang their heads in shame. Fucking Carragher I hope Klopp calls him out next press.

Yesterday was simple the case where a team weren't playing very well and the subs weren't able to elevate them. And by subs I mean all the subs (including Elliott too - got the goal but via a deflection, then made the mistake that directly led to the loss), but somehow Gakpo took all the criticism. I just don't see the logic in it. If plan A is not working then plan B is the one to be criticized? And not just plan B, a specific part of plan B lol.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #3843 on: March 18, 2024, 06:11:18 pm »
I think the challenge for Gakpo recently is that he’s had poorer performances in our 2 perceived biggest games. In between he’s done fine. But as one of only 2 fit forwards in the League Cup final he was disappointing. Fairly or unfairly, as the senior centre forward he didn’t really step up in that game. Yesterday, away at United he comes on winning 2-1 and it coincides with the performance deteriorating. Gakpo individually struggled to get into the pace of the game. I think it’s pretty unlucky for him that it coincided with the team performance falling away.

More than any of the other 4 forward options think Gakpo  needs the team to be doing well around him. He’s not as likely to grab a goal out of nowhere or provide the swashbuckling solo run you can get from the other 4. He’s more of a cog in the wider machine, and as such when that machine isn’t fully functional I don’t think you see the best of Gakpo.

Gakpo shouldn’t be recurving abuse. Equally he should receive support from the crowd next time he’s on the pitch. However, it’d be naive not to think he’s under some kind of pressure. In some quarters the sympathy and empathy for him won’t be as great. He’ll need to show courage to get through this spell. In addition, with potentially 5 forwards fit and us entering the business end of the season there’ll potentially be less opportunity for the 5th choice, something which Gakpo would clearly be if everyone was fit.

I still like Gakpo as a player. I think most fans do. He’s just struggled in some high profile games and as such the spotlight could be on him. Needs to be given support but also show the strength of character to bounce back. Every player needs that if they are to succeed at a club like Liverpool.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline PEG2K

• Kopite
« Reply #3844 on: March 18, 2024, 07:29:45 pm »
I think the challenge for Gakpo recently is that he’s had poorer performances in our 2 perceived biggest games. In between he’s done fine. But as one of only 2 fit forwards in the League Cup final he was disappointing. Fairly or unfairly, as the senior centre forward he didn’t really step up in that game. Yesterday, away at United he comes on winning 2-1 and it coincides with the performance deteriorating. Gakpo individually struggled to get into the pace of the game. I think it’s pretty unlucky for him that it coincided with the team performance falling away.

More than any of the other 4 forward options think Gakpo  needs the team to be doing well around him. He’s not as likely to grab a goal out of nowhere or provide the swashbuckling solo run you can get from the other 4. He’s more of a cog in the wider machine, and as such when that machine isn’t fully functional I don’t think you see the best of Gakpo.
This is what I have been implying about him for a long time. He's a system player rather than a one man army type player like Diaz. That means he needs to be placed in the right position with the right role. He's not the type who can single-handedly drag a non-performing team out of the mud.

First of all, he played as LW for PSV and no. 10 for The Netherlands and he hasn't been used in those roles for us at all this season and you wonder why he's not at his best. This season we have moved away from the false 9 role with the addition of the technical midfielders, and that's why he performed better last season and Nunez is excelling this season in the central role. Secondly you can look at his skillset, no further than in his performances for us last season (so that no one can say he only performs in a weaker league), and see from that video that the bad things people are saying about him recently aren't true. He's almost a complete attacker: can pass, cross, link-up play, dribble, drive with the ball, and finish. And his speed of thought and football IQ aren't low either. He actually assisted more than scored when he played for PSV. It's the Eredivisie of course and his numbers should certainly go down in the PL, but that speaks volume about the type of player he is. I've seen enough to know there's a big player in there and I think many agree with that. He's going through a dip in form and confidence while being played out of position. Yesterday he started as RW, then wandered through the center, ended up on the left at times, made some runs behind the defenders, while also dropping deep too. Just doesn't have a clear identity in the team and I think it's the coaching staff should take the responsibility for this.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 07:33:23 pm by PEG2K »

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #3845 on: March 18, 2024, 08:18:56 pm »
Once again, please can someone show me where someone's said 'It's Gakpo's fault we lost'?
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline PEG2K

• Kopite
« Reply #3846 on: March 18, 2024, 08:32:55 pm »
Once again, please can someone show me where someone's said 'It's Gakpo's fault we lost'?
I dont know why you keep arguing this on a semantic basis to justify the bad reaction of a whole fan base. Worse things have been said in this thread and much worse have been said elsewhere.

A better way to put it is "why is he getting the most hate after a game where he's not the biggest problem?"

And as for your request, the guys at Redmen TV literally said he cost us the game https://youtu.be/MoGhwkkeMPk?t=554

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3847 on: March 18, 2024, 08:47:00 pm »
I'm not saying they are always right, they've got their fair share of terrible signings and I think I was very vocal about their record back ten years ago, while not necessarily endorsing Brendan having a go at it either given his poor track record of signings as well (e.g. just one of their signing in Cissokho, I'm sure he wasn't a Brendan signing for example).

But in recent years, their recruitment has been very very good, and Klopp's abilities to get the best out of them showed vindication that they were targeting the right players. The right recruitment and the right manager. Keep those responsibilities and lines drawn.

So if it was believed that Klopp and co got bigger sway in things over the last couple of years, then I honestly think that was a mistake. And Gakpo is an outcome of such disjointed approaches. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Gakpo's biggest problem is he's not used in his normal position, they have played him in a number of different positions and that can be difficult for a player especially if they are not getting a run in the team and are in and out of it, all of the time. How good would any player be without proper rhythm, it's probably one of the most important things.

Going back to the system they are putting in place, it's not perfect as all systems have good and bad issues in them. But your point about Klopp being able to get the best out of players is a relevant point here. People will often use Salah to beat him up with, as he didn't initially want him. But the point is whose to say had they got him the player Klopp wanted, that he wouldn't still have able to get the very best out of that player. It's what makes Klopp what he is. I just think with some people there is almost this weird obsession with Michael Edwards, as if he can do no wrong, where as we both know, everyone can get it wrong from time to time. None of this is an exact science and what we all need to remember here especially with all these stats, the players are human beings and they can suffer loss of confidence, which makes them appear a lot worse than what they actually are. I think that is part of Gakpo's problem at the moment and he seems a quiet lad, so perhaps suffers more from issues like these.

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3848 on: March 18, 2024, 08:48:31 pm »

Gakpoo
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3849 on: March 18, 2024, 08:51:38 pm »
I think the frustration with him has been hitting a tipping point for a lot of people, which is why his thread is so active even though he was just a substitute. If he's working hard every game and things just aren't coming off then I think his thread doesn't see as much activity, but he just doesn't look all that bothered when he plays and to come on in that game and look so disinterested is a big red flag.

He is a weird one because his stats don't match up at all with what you see when watching him, he gets good numbers but then you watch him press and it just looks like he's going through the motions.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3850 on: March 18, 2024, 08:56:22 pm »
I think the frustration with him has been hitting a tipping point for a lot of people, which is why his thread is so active even though he was just a substitute. If he's working hard every game and things just aren't coming off then I think his thread doesn't see as much activity, but he just doesn't look all that bothered when he plays and to come on in that game and look so disinterested is a big red flag.

He is a weird one because his stats don't match up at all with what you see when watching him, he gets good numbers but then you watch him press and it just looks like he's going through the motions.

That's because he does a lot of the unselfish work which people don't notice, he's not flamboyant like a Nunez who gets so much love. But I enjoy watching him play when he's on song, he's got intelligence and can link play up when he's on it. He is just going through a rough patch now, which is why people need to stay with him rather than lash out at him.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3851 on: March 18, 2024, 08:59:32 pm »
Yesterday was simple the case where a team weren't playing very well and the subs weren't able to elevate them. And by subs I mean all the subs (including Elliott too - got the goal but via a deflection, then made the mistake that directly led to the loss), but somehow Gakpo took all the criticism. I just don't see the logic in it. If plan A is not working then plan B is the one to be criticized? And not just plan B, a specific part of plan B lol.

There's some utter garbage going around about Gakpo. The bit in bold is why we lost the game, Elliott and Endo got in each other's way and United did the one thing they're good at - attack on the break and score a goal. That had fuck all to do with Gakpo.

We scored three goals against an average Manchester United Team. That should have been enough, and it's conceding FOUR goals that lost us the tie.

Some people in here and elsewhere need to wind their necks in and get off the lad's back.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #3852 on: March 18, 2024, 09:15:00 pm »

And as for your request, the guys at Redmen TV literally said he cost us the game https://youtu.be/MoGhwkkeMPk?t=554

Must be fuckin true then.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3853 on: March 18, 2024, 09:15:24 pm »
We have like 8 pages of bashing on Gakpo since the ManU game, while players like Gomez, Elliott and Salah have a few comments.
It's absurd.

I also find it absurd to focus on the attack when lost 3-4, and we were ahead for most of the minutes that Gakpo played.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3854 on: March 18, 2024, 09:17:27 pm »
Best supporters in the land...? Fuck off, this place has gone down the shitter.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3855 on: March 18, 2024, 09:24:21 pm »

Not just this place which certainly isn't as bas as others. Fucking spoilt c*nts though, imagine what they'll be like after a few years of mediocrity. They don't know how good we have it.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3856 on: March 18, 2024, 09:35:29 pm »
We have like 8 pages of bashing on Gakpo since the ManU game, while players like Gomez, Elliott and Salah have a few comments.
It's absurd.

I also find it absurd to focus on the attack when lost 3-4, and we were ahead for most of the minutes that Gakpo played.

Considering the tremendous effort of all the players including the ones mentioned above we should just appreciate that many of that have had numerous games recently and it would be totally understandable considering the injuries if some had an off game. We were never going to win every single game anyway, that was always pie in the sky. I am just crossing everything that they all come back safely from the wretched internationals in one piece.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3857 on: March 18, 2024, 09:40:21 pm »
Not just this place which certainly isn't as bas as others. Fucking spoilt c*nts though, imagine what they'll be like after a few years of mediocrity. They don't know how good we have it.

The want it all generation.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #3858 on: March 18, 2024, 09:40:51 pm »
I think fans have the right to criticize players. We are a big club and certain expectations should be met. With all due respect if we start supporting mediocre players just because u need to be behind them then we should stop accepting that we are a big club. He’s been here now for a year and a half and his impact is quite minimum. We still dont know what his best position is. He only impacts the game when we are winning and not when we need him the most. It happens too often and fans have the right to question that. He came on against City and didnt do anything at all. Now imagine Jota coming on instead of him against City and the game would have been different same against United. I dont think he has the quality to succeed here but if he manages to turn it around here and becomes a succes then fair play to him.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3859 on: March 18, 2024, 09:42:03 pm »
I think fans have the right to criticize players. We are a big club and certain expectations should be met. With all due respect if we start supporting mediocre players just because u need to be behind them then we should stop accepting that we are a big club. He’s been here now for a year and a half and his impact is quite minimum. We still dont know what his best position is. He only impacts the game when we are winning and not when we need him the most. Its supporting that happens too often and fans have the right to question that. He came on against City and didnt do anything at all. Now imagine Jota coming on instead of him against City and the game would have been different same against United. I dont think he has the quality to succeed here but if he manages to turn it around here and becomes a succes then fair play to him.

No wonder Jurgen is leaving.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #3860 on: March 18, 2024, 09:44:20 pm »
No wonder Jurgen is leaving.
Yeah Jurgen is leaving because we are questioning if Gakpo has the qualities to succeed here or not. Stop being a drama queen and accept that people can have a normal discussion about a players ability and if he can succeed here or not. Its not like we are blaming him for everything bad that happens in this world *sigh*

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3861 on: March 18, 2024, 09:46:24 pm »
I think fans have the right to criticize players. We are a big club and certain expectations should be met. With all due respect if we start supporting mediocre players just because u need to be behind them then we should stop accepting that we are a big club. He’s been here now for a year and a half and his impact is quite minimum. We still dont know what his best position is. He only impacts the game when we are winning and not when we need him the most. Its supporting that happens too often and fans have the right to question that. He came on against City and didnt do anything at all. Now imagine Jota coming on instead of him against City and the game would have been different same against United. I dont think he has the quality to succeed here but if he manages to turn it around here and becomes a succes then fair play to him.

A mediocre player in your opinion perhaps but not in mine, and if he hasn't got a natural position perhaps it should also be the responsibility of the coaching team to find that out. But I notice you don't even question them. There have been games where he has scored and also made important contributions but naturally you don't mention those as it's all about attacking him rather than looking at him with a more open eye. As for this place judging players it wasn't so long ago many wanted to see the back of Joe Gomez and we all know what has happened since.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3862 on: March 18, 2024, 09:50:34 pm »
Yeah Jurgen is leaving because we are questioning if Gakpo has the qualities to succeed here or not. Stop being a drama queen and accept that people can have a normal discussion about a players ability and if he can succeed here or not. Its not like we are blaming him for everything bad that happens in this world *sigh*

It's called support, no need for a pitch fork wielding mob to persecute one player who's suffering a loss of form trying to find his feet.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #3863 on: March 18, 2024, 09:53:26 pm »
A mediocre player in your opinion perhaps but not in mine, and if he hasn't got a natural position perhaps it should also be the responsibility of the coaching team to find that out. But I notice you don't even question them. There have been games where he has scored and also made important contributions but naturally you don't mention those as it's all about attacking him rather than looking at him with a more open eye. As for this place judging players it wasn't so long ago many wanted to see the back of Joe Gomez and we all know what has happened since.
And i respect your opinion mate. To each his own. And i agree 100% with u on the coaching part. If they cant find his best position till now then u also need to question why we even bought him without a proper plan. The difference between him and Gomez for me is, that Gomes showed his qualities before. So we know when Gomez is on form that he can be a very good player. For me Gakpo hasnt showed that enough. But again it he manage to succeed here then fair play to him.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3864 on: March 18, 2024, 09:59:42 pm »
It's called support, no need for a pitch fork wielding mob to persecute one player who's suffering a loss of form trying to find his feet.

It's a football forum mate, it's not like we're holding up banners outside his house. There's nothing wrong with people having opinions on a player as long as they're constructive. If you don't like it you can just not read it, instead of trying to gatekeep player threads and shut down any discussion you don't like.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3865 on: March 18, 2024, 10:05:14 pm »

Gakpo shouldn’t be recurving abuse. Equally he should receive support from the crowd next time he’s on the pitch. However, it’d be naive not to think he’s under some kind of pressure. In some quarters the sympathy and empathy for him won’t be as great. He’ll need to show courage to get through this spell. In addition, with potentially 5 forwards fit and us entering the business end of the season there’ll potentially be less opportunity for the 5th choice, something which Gakpo would clearly be if everyone was fit.

I still like Gakpo as a player. I think most fans do. He’s just struggled in some high profile games and as such the spotlight could be on him. Needs to be given support but also show the strength of character to bounce back. Every player needs that if they are to succeed at a club like Liverpool.

In other words, he's not particularly good and doesn't shine unless others are also playing well? I see this defence of players a lot - cough Naby Keita cough - and I don't think it's the legitimate defence of a player that people think it is.

Sure, some players are more individualist than others. It's my biggest gripe about Diaz, for example. For all his raw talent, I don't think he connects with or elevates others often enough.

Not every player needs to be a world beater for the machine to run ... but I'm not sure what this supposed cogging Gakpo has been doing entails? I thought he rose to the occasion second half against Luton, but otherwise he's been MIA for months now and I don't see a great deal of ability or character for things to turn round.

I'd be using him in the Europa to give others a break but that says it all really.

Offline PEG2K

• Kopite
« Reply #3866 on: March 18, 2024, 10:38:40 pm »

You see, the bold parts are the problem here. It's all "look" and "feel" because most football fans assess the game via impression. The prime example would be Ozil at Arsenal back then, because of his laid back style. Then it happened to him again when Germany were losing. People kept saying he didn't bother but he had been playing the same way all his career. Havertz is another one and now it's happening with Gakpo. I guess it has something to do with the way they run or move their body. All 3 are tall, skillful players but not fast.

But as I already posted the stats, he had as much touches and passes as Diaz and Nunez combined in the ET and covered the most ground out of the 3, so he was clearly involved. And the notion that he didn't bother yesterday is just a false impression. Just think about it, only because he was involved then he "fucked up" the 5v2, got the unlucky rebound that led to Antony goal, and got the corner that led to Diallo goal. If he was actually anonymous then none of that would have happened lol.

And that's why you have to wonder how his stats don't match up with what you see, because what you think you see is not actually what happens, rather an impression. Think. If he actually doesn't bother then how an earth is he #5 in our team in the pressing stats that was posted earlier in the season?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 10:40:35 pm by PEG2K »

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3867 on: March 18, 2024, 10:39:17 pm »
Unfortunately for the lad most people need to point a finger especially after yesterday.  Makes people sleep easier, they know where the problem was and the reason why we lost.  Puts everything into context in minds that are in turmoil and allows a return to normality.

Gakpo came on in the 77th minute, yes 77th minute.  By this time we should have been over the hill and far away with a half empty stadium echoing to Scouse victory chants. 

It was a shit day at the office and Gakpo should not carry the can. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3868 on: March 18, 2024, 10:45:12 pm »

Its actually not his application i have a problem with its his agility, acceleration and style. He seems a bit too flat footed unless hes moved up a gear or two. If he gets the ball to feet he takes an age to go anywhere and his one useful skills seems to be running in one direction. It just takes him an age to get the motor started.

In terms of finishing hes not exactly good in the air or clinical like Jota and he doesn't have the same tenaciousness as Nunez.

I will say though that maybe hes been overused and its just becoming more evident. Hes probably scored more than Origi ever did but big Div can do it when it matters and thats a key difference.

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3869 on: March 18, 2024, 11:08:08 pm »

But we’re a right shower’a bastards when we lose….
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3870 on: March 18, 2024, 11:18:42 pm »
like a bunch of spoiled whinging whining 4 year olds.

WAAAAH - WE LOST!!

WAAAAH - WE DIDN'T WIN BY ENOUGH GOALS!

WAAAAH - NOT FAIR!

WAAAAH - IT'S HIS FAULT!

WAAAAH - HE MADE A MISTAKE!

WAAAAH - WHY DID WE BUY HIM!

WAAAAH - I DON'T LIKE HIM!

WAAAAH - I DON'T LIKE THE WAY HE RUNS!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 11:23:56 pm by SamLad »

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3871 on: March 19, 2024, 07:03:16 am »
like a bunch of spoiled whinging whining 4 year olds.

WAAAAH - WE LOST!!

WAAAAH - WE DIDN'T WIN BY ENOUGH GOALS!

WAAAAH - NOT FAIR!

WAAAAH - IT'S HIS FAULT!

WAAAAH - HE MADE A MISTAKE!

WAAAAH - WHY DID WE BUY HIM!

WAAAAH - I DON'T LIKE HIM!

WAAAAH - I DON'T LIKE THE WAY HE RUNS!

Supporters are humans Sam, they have emotions, they have opinions (right or wrong), people are allowed to be fucked off after being beaten by our rivals. That emotion and spirit is why we are the best supporters around, we aren’t fake robots fans.

I’ve yet to see anything which crosses a boundary in any player thread.

I watched Van Dijk and Klopp during the Utd match and they were not happy all game, constantly berating players, so clearly we aren’t alone in thinking we weren’t at our best.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3872 on: March 19, 2024, 07:14:13 am »

Never with our own though pal.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3873 on: March 19, 2024, 07:24:35 am »
With all due respect if we start supporting mediocre players just because u need to be behind them then we should stop accepting that we are a big club.

What a line that is :duh

We supported Djimi Traore, Dudek, Baros and Smicer in Istanbul. Supporting a player who pulls on a Liverpool shirt is you know…your job, regardless of what you think of their ability (and in this case it’s a good player anyway, just one who hasn’t quite exploded yet)

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #3874 on: March 19, 2024, 08:25:20 am »
What a line that is :duh

We supported Djimi Traore, Dudek, Baros and Smicer in Istanbul. Supporting a player who pulls on a Liverpool shirt is you know…your job, regardless of what you think of their ability (and in this case it’s a good player anyway, just one who hasn’t quite exploded yet)
Ofcourse u support them but lets not use istanbul as an comparison because that match was a miracle above miracle. Anyway, lets hope he exploses soon because we need him now.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3875 on: March 19, 2024, 09:08:36 am »
Ofcourse u support them but lets not use istanbul as an comparison because that match was a miracle above miracle. Anyway, lets hope he exploses soon because we need him now.

I couldn't care less what match you want to use, even if its a Hodgson one with Konchesky and Joe Cole. Only supporting players you think are good is an absolutely awful attitude.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #3876 on: March 19, 2024, 10:51:12 am »
He has scored 13 goals for Liverpool so far this season, where that's quite decent contribution for me, despite finding himself in and out of Jurgen Klopp's starting XI.

Keep supporting him, he'll become good.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3877 on: March 19, 2024, 10:51:26 am »
I couldn't care less what match you want to use, even if its a Hodgson one with Konchesky and Joe Cole. Only supporting players you think are good is an absolutely awful attitude.

My mindset is always support the player so long as they are actually putting the effort in and not taking the piss out the club.

In my 25 years supporting, I think only Paul Konchesky is the one who failed that test after he and his mum starting mouthing off about us as fans.

Otherwise however good or bad they were the players are trying to win for us so they deserve our support. 

Poulsen by the time he got to us could not run, tackle, or pass, but he tried every single game so he deserved a level of respect, wasn't his fault he was signed by Hodgson.

Gakpo does try, he does put the effort in. He looks slightly chilled in his style of play but that's just how he plays, I don't doubt he is trying at any point. Whether he is good enough for us is a question for the summer, but while he is here he is trying and he deserves support every time he plays

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3878 on: March 19, 2024, 11:22:14 am »
My mindset is always support the player so long as they are actually putting the effort in and not taking the piss out the club.

In my 25 years supporting, I think only Paul Konchesky is the one who failed that test after he and his mum starting mouthing off about us as fans.

Otherwise however good or bad they were the players are trying to win for us so they deserve our support. 

Poulsen by the time he got to us could not run, tackle, or pass, but he tried every single game so he deserved a level of respect, wasn't his fault he was signed by Hodgson.

Gakpo does try, he does put the effort in. He looks slightly chilled in his style of play but that's just how he plays, I don't doubt he is trying at any point. Whether he is good enough for us is a question for the summer, but while he is here he is trying and he deserves support every time he plays

Diouf?

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #3879 on: March 19, 2024, 11:23:12 am »
I support the club not the players. We are big club and certain expectations should be met. If the players are not from the requiered quality then they should leave. For god sake its not like we are standing outside their houses with torches. Konchesky, Jovanovic, Jay spearing, Poulsen and Joe Cole. All honest players and gave their all for the club, but they didnt have the quality to play for us and have been rightly moved on. Nobody is questioning his commitment to the club or anything else. Am just questioning his ability as a player to play for a big club like ours.