Author Topic: Liverpool vs Sheffield United (Premier League) - 19:30, Thursday 4th April  (Read 15621 times)

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
True. Once we equalised against Luton, it was done.

Hopefully we buck the trend of starting slowly against the worst teams tomorrow and kill the game off early.

Is that what you're arguing here because I'm thoroughly confused what your point is.

Are you scared of Sheffield United, really?

You've literally conceded on the Luton home game and all you have left is a wobble against Burnley that ended 3-1.  At least 1 of those Fofana chances was going to be ruled out by VAR for handball offside and we had many chances before that to go up 2-0. 

As I keep saying, we create loads of chances at home and guess what, that ends up giving our opponents chances as well, not just the rubbish ones.  Your point isn't really valid, everyone gets a chance at Anfield.  Funny how you fail to mention the most obvious nearly banana skin in Fulham - but of course they don't sit in the table next Burnley.

Mate, grow a pair and stop being such a nervous nelly against a team that bookies can't even put up a price on it's such a certainty.

If you need something to worry about, worry about Sunday against Utd because we ain't winning that. ;)

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Is that what you're arguing here because I'm thoroughly confused what your point is.

Are you scared of Sheffield United, really?

You've literally conceded on the Luton home game and all you have left is a wobble against Burnley that ended 3-1.  At least 1 of those Fofana chances was going to be ruled out by VAR for handball offside and we had many chances before that to go up 2-0. 

As I keep saying, we create loads of chances at home and guess what, that ends up giving our opponents chances as well, not just the rubbish ones.  Your point isn't really valid, everyone gets a chance at Anfield.  Funny how you fail to mention the most obvious nearly banana skin in Fulham - but of course they don't sit in the table next Burnley.

Mate, grow a pair and stop being such a nervous nelly against a team that bookies can't even put up a price on it's such a certainty.

If you need something to worry about, worry about Sunday against Utd because we ain't winning that. ;)
Is English your first language because you can't seem to understand nuances? I mentioned our tendency to make heavy weather of it against relegation strugglers (backed up the trend of our performances against them and that doesn't mean we've not been winning) and you're talking about a solid midtable team. In a difficult period, it would be beneficial to put the worst teams away quickly to save legs. That's not me being scared or needing to "growing a pair", it's a lack of basic reading comprehension from you.

Anyway, you win. Have your medal ;D
« Last Edit: April 4, 2024, 01:56:26 am by MonsLibpool »

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
Is English your first language because you can't seem to understand nuances? I mentioned our tendency to make heavy weather of it against relegation strugglers (backed up the trend of our performances against them and that doesn't mean we've not been winning) and you're talking about a solid midtable team. In a difficult period, it would be beneficial to put the worst teams away quickly to save legs. That's not me being scared or needing to "growing a pair", it's a lack of basic reading comprehension from you.

Anyway, you win. Have your medal ;D

I'm sorry dude, I didn't mean to come so hard at you, it just annoys me when I spend a lot of time watching tape that someone then kind of just disregards my observations.  But that's my problem.

I know we all want the same thing here and need to stick together as a fan base and not go at each other so much in what will be a stressful time for sure over the coming weeks.

Peace brother. 8)

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
Great OP Jack.
Excited for this will be interesting how minutes are managed here

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
It’s not insurmountable.

A GD swing of 8 in 9 games is fuck all, especially when we have a game in hand.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
After 32 games, I think.

Cheers mate, we need to manage that.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Get the win anything else is a bonus.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Will be interesting for the data nerds to uncover some kind of correlation between people discussing cricket scores in here, and people losing it in the half time thread when it’s 0-0. There may be further crossover with mouth-frothers in the Gakpo thread if he gets a 10 minute cameo.

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
It would be great just to have a straight forward 2 win. Nothing is going to be easy at this stage so just get the job done and move on.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
Get an early goal and the flood gates should open. These lot give up the most chances in the league so as long as long as we start with a bit of tempo it should be way too much for them.

Wonder if we rotate as much as Arsenal and City did today given it’s our easiest fixture on our paper and we’ve got the animals on Sunday.

Yep. This is exactly why we need to start a strong side. Get an early lead, have it won then make as many changes as we like for a stress free last half hour. The danger of starting a heavily rotated side is that we start slowly possibly concede and then the whole game becomes stressful as we have to bring on our best players to push frenetically for a result.

Offline Red-4-Ever

• Anny Roader
Will be interesting for the data nerds to uncover some kind of correlation between people discussing cricket scores in here, and people losing it in the half time thread when it’s 0-0. There may be further crossover with mouth-frothers in the Gakpo thread if he gets a 10 minute cameo.

:lmao

It would be great just to have a straight forward 2 win. Nothing is going to be easy at this stage so just get the job done and move on.

Yes please!

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
Not really Jill for me, on the contrary, it's rather us doing a fantastic job in the face of that.

They have denied us a goal and possibly points with the Diaz fiasco, denied us a last second nailed on pen against city (6 point swing!); so I would say it's us that are doing a great job of continuing to score goals and win games. We don't score against city and have that pen denied it's a 0-1 loss and 6 point swing, we don't score against spurs, same again, etc, etc.

The fact we are doing so well in the face of such shocking decisions is a testament to how incredible Klopp and the team are doing. We can only hope that continues, as like others have said, we will need them to do that.

whole lot of fucking mentality monsters.

while we are all here whining. this team is seriously something else.

hopefully a clean sheet this game and just build from there. hope to see elliot start as i expect sheffield to park the bus from the first minute. and of course the time wasting which the c*nt in black will gladly help them with

i predict us having 80% of possession yet have more fouls and more cards then sheffield

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
Get the win anything else is a bonus.

that's where I am at. Points are all important. If we can win our games and keep the pressure on and see what happens when they have to play their CL games. I am sure both will drop at least a couple of points before the end.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Jürgen Klopp has said Liverpool will not focus on improving their goal difference against Sheffield United as the wrong attitude would be “the biggest enemy” at Anfield.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Finally matchday.

I want to see a clinical ruthless Liverpool tonight - not missing chance after chance  ;D

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
Someone is gonna get a pasting soon, it's either tonight or Sunday, hopefully both  ;D

Also, Mo is overdue a hat trick

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Jürgen Klopp has said Liverpool will not focus on improving their goal difference against Sheffield United as the wrong attitude would be “the biggest enemy” at Anfield.
Thank you. Complacency is an enemy.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Yes, turn up with the right attitude as always and get the game won.

In the event that we do get comfortably ahead, it should be in the back of the mind, but that is something as the game plays out.

We should naturally get a few here, but it is Liverpool. so no surprise to see us 0-1 down early doors before we come through comfortably 3-1.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Think we have only kept 1 clean sheet in the last 12 or something at Anfield - although we have probably won most of these games (haven't checked the results), but lets keep a clean sheet tonight please.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan

Which is right.

Buuuuttttt if we did get say 3-0 up early, we'd be silly not to see it as an opportunity to really close the gap on Arsenal.

Basically I wouldn't want us to take the foot of the pedal if/when the game is wrapped up.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
All this toalk of goal difference is scaring the shit out of me. I would be over the moon with any kind of win and no injuries or suspensions. Mega-bonus if we don't concede first, extra-giga-bonus if we keep a clean sheet.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Not gonna lie, all the gd talk just makes me nervous. Sheffield will put 11 trained professionals who were good enough to make the Premier League on the pitch. Lets just get 3 points in the bag, and then sure if the chance arises by all means lets hammer them, but the way life works we will probably squeeze by these 1-0 and then rack up the 7-0 against the mancs.  Which is to say nothing ever really goes to script.

counting chickens in the Prem is a mistake. These have more than 0 points so some teams regret taking them lightly.

5 for Mo would be nice though  ;D 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
Sorry but anyone saying "just get any sort of win" is being too shitty-knickers. I won't be happy with anything less than a 4 goal margin, to take advantage of Arsenal "only" getting 2 against Luton while even nudging further ahead of City. These are one of the very worst 4-5 teams who have EVER played in the Premier League, we are well rested, no fresh injury worries, and at home.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Sorry but anyone saying "just get any sort of win" is being too shitty-knickers. I won't be happy with anything less than a 4 goal margin, to take advantage of Arsenal "only" getting 2 against Luton while even nudging further ahead of City. These are one of the very worst 4-5 teams who have EVER played in the Premier League, we are well rested, no fresh injury worries, and at home.

You'd still take 1-0 though.

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
Trust the squad, keep the big guns in reserve if needed, we cannot field the same team 3 times in a week
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Yeah, because that's how football works.
Three points and no injuries is the most we should hope for, anything else is just a bonus we shouldn't even think about - let alone expect like many do here.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
Think last time everyone going on about how many goals we should/will score was Mancs at home.

Win, then count the goals.

Offline crewlove

• Main Stander
Sheffield had 2 draws in their last 2 two matches against Fulham and Bournemouth, which looking at where they are in the table is probably something. They seem to concede more than less though, especially against better opposition - 6 against Arsenal, 5 against Brighton and 5 against Villa in February and March.

Still, first and the most important thing is to win. I don't think our goal difference will massively improve after tonight but hope to be wrong. We seem to play adequately to occasion, another slow start or conceding first won't surprise me.

Just win and then prepare for Sunday.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Whilst we are in the driving seat table wise, wins are all that matter.

Chaotic end to the season coming, and we need to manage the energy and minutes of the players, not blow our load trying to increase GD, and risk burnout near the final games.

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
Had a look at their fan forum, none of them tempted to put a bet on their team at 25:1 odds and one of them booked a romantic meal out with the missus to avoid watching, (many not watching)
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
Think last time everyone going on about how many goals we should/will score was Mancs at home.

Win, then count the goals.

Yeah, if we'd scored loads of goals in that game, we'd have won it comfortably!
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬

Klopp's not going to say "this lot are not much better than a pub side, and we should be looking to score a shed load against them" is he?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Let's add a third variable, those people are also data nerds.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
and that attitude explains why so many players get criticism when they are perceived to have underperformed.

we all want to end the game with a big scoreline, of course that's the hope. but it's human beings playing the game ffs, not robots.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Get the result wrapped up first and if/when Sheff United drop off or drop their heads then we can look to cash in and try and rack up the score. We have to earn that right though.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers

Even if they are one of the worst 4-5 teams to ever play in the PL, we've thankfully never gone into a game against the 3-4 poorer teams than them expecting at least a four goal win. Thats not how football works, and good job we won't go in with that attitude.

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite

I totally agree. I dropped a 20 on 4-0, with a tasty payoff

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
I totally agree. I dropped a 20 on 4-0, with a tasty payoff
so I guess that will explain why you lose your shit if we scrape a 1-0 or 2-0.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
I would like to think the words goal difference are not mentioned once by our lads in the hours before this game. Wrong attitude to go into a game with.

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
so I guess that will explain why you lose your shit if we scrape a 1-0 or 2-0.

I was joking. I’ll be happy with any win (maybe a 20 poorer  ;D). I have never lost my shit with a 1-0 win. Ever.