Poll

Their sick chanting is beyond a joke. They are disgusting horrible bastards. Should steps be made

Yeah. Ban them from Anfield. Ban us from Old Trafford. These sick fucks are pathetic
No. Leave it as it is

Author Topic: Should Manchester United fans be banned from Anfield and our fans from there  (Read 3106 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Every fucking time we play these shitheads, all they do is laugh about disasters. I've seen that people are saying it's "OK because the scousers all sing about Munich every week and every home game"

Like fuck we do.

They are disgusting, horrible people and I think we have to ban the fuckers. I don't want to see these c*nts at Anfield again.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 02:49:07 pm by Andy @ Allerton! »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
No. A handful of wankers on both sides doesn't justify labelling several thousand people with the same moniker.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Anyone who sings about tragedies should just be banned from football stadiums for life. It must be easy nowadays for the club/police to pick them out of the crowd.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
No. A handful of wankers on both sides doesn't justify labelling several thousand people with the same label.

Fuck off. A handful on both sides? Did you even see what happened yesterday?

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
No. A handful of wankers on both sides doesn't justify labelling several thousand people with the same moniker.

"A handful" Fucking hell, delusional. And it's one side not both.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
No. A handful of wankers on both sides doesn't justify labelling several thousand people with the same label.

A handful of wankers? Get fucked mate. Every fucking time I go there it's 75%+ of their crowd.

Have you even been there? Every fucking game. Pretty much their entire crowd.

Could hear it clearly in the pub when I was watching it yesterday.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

A Mancunian handful maybe. And even then only if they were all as loud as Brian Blessed.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Needs to be highlighted more by the club.  We all heard it on the telly, pass that footage on to Man Utd, the police and the football authorities and ask why nothing is being done.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
A handful of wankers? Get fucked mate. Every fucking time I go there it's 75%+ of their crowd.

Have you even been there? Every fucking game. Pretty much their entire crowd.

Could hear it clearly in the pub when I was watching it yesterday.
Let me ask you Andy, if Liverpool had won yesterday would you be calling for a blanket ban on United fans at Anfield? And I presume you would have no problems with United banning all LFC fans from their ground as well? And if Liverpool meet United at Wembley at any time in the future do they leave the ground empty?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Let me ask you Andy, if Liverpool had won yesterday would you be calling for a blanket ban on United fans at Anfield? And I presume you would have no problems with United banning all LFC fans from their ground as well? And if Liverpool meet United at Wembley at any time in the future do they leave the ground empty?

You said it was a handful of wankers.

You are talking out of your arse.

In my post I clearly said they can ban our fans too.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
In no time teams would be looking for ways to get opposition fans banned entirely and every other team would be doing the same in order to even the score out. Football without opposition fans would be even more boring.

No idea how you sort out their endless vile chanting though, they seem to see it as part of their identity as a fanbase. I’m sure they even dragged out that old chant about Park Ji Sung just because it has a line about scousers.

It’s Liverpool v United at the end of the day, it’s never going to be hands across the away section and singing ‘We Are the World’ in unison. Not to excuse them for their shit repertoire.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 10:49:21 am by Father Ted »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

I think he would actually. They tend to be worse for this when we’re beating them and it’s all they have left to try and rile us.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
I think he would actually. They tend to be worse for this when we’re beating them and it’s all they have left to try and rile us.

It's the only way that something would be done about it

If we had a final against them at Wembley and our entire half was empty then they'd have to address it.

We can all hear it clearly every fucking time and the c*nts in the FA and the Premier League and the media all ignore it.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
The authorities need to treat it like they do racism or hate speech etc. Till that happens it won't stop.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan

It's nothing to do with the result. Also if you think we have 60,000 signing about Munich then you've obviously never been to Anfield.

Actually your comments are offensive.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 10:56:28 am by smicer07 »

Online Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
I take it you don't go the game? This is not "a handful", this is the whole of the away end and the majority of the home crowd at Old Trafford.

I've been going the game for over 60 years and yesterday was the most concerted effort at goading us with hateful bilious songs. This has been going on for decades now, and as someone who was at Hillsborough, lost a friend that day, I'd have banned any fan base that attacks the memory of the 97. There will have been lots of Reds there yesterday who still have issues with that day in Sheffield, why should we have to put up with this?

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
It's nothing to do with the result. Also if you think we have 60,000 signing about Munich then you've obviously never been to Anfield.
I have been regularly to Anfield and never heard singing, but I can barely make out the muffled chanting half the time. It's probably my ears. I'm sure Old Trafford has wankers doing horrible shit, just as I am sure that Liverpool has its own horror groups. Now, you can argue the toss about who is good or bad, better or worse etc. all I am saying is 1] this anger to ban fans is driven largely by results 2] blanket bans label everyone a criminal and nobody should want that as it will make bad blood even worse.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
But that’s just it. Any time we bring it up they respond as if it’s tit for tat. It absolutely isn’t. You might find isolated incidents of small groups of our fans doing something stupid but you never hear anything en masse like you do from them multiple times, every time we play them. Complete false equivalence.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Fucking hell, imagine coming in here and having a go at our own after that yesterday, sickening. You def need hearing tests by the sound of it.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

No idea how you sort out their endless vile chanting though, they seem to see it as part of their identity as a fanbase. I’m sure they even dragged out that old chant about Park Ji Sung just because it has a line about scousers.

And that one is somewhat culturally insensitive as well, if not down right offensive.

Another one they ought to be apologising for.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
I have been regularly to Anfield and never heard singing, but I can barely make out the muffled chanting half the time. It's probably my ears. I'm sure Old Trafford has wankers doing horrible shit, just as I am sure that Liverpool has its own horror groups. Now, you can argue the toss about who is good or bad, better or worse etc. all I am saying is 1] this anger to ban fans is driven largely by results 2] blanket bans label everyone a criminal and nobody should want that as it will make bad blood even worse.

Honestly get fucked mate.

Have you fuck been to Anfield if you think anyone sings about Munich thesedays.

You're an embarrasement.

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
Was at the Southampton game (new annie road stand) and heard announcements several times over the tannoy system that tragedy chanting is illegal and should be reported. It could be clearly heard by away fans. Was something similar announced at OT yesterday?
If so - solution should be quite simple. Make the announcement that tragedy chanting is not allowed. Security cameras can then identify each fan singing and their names are linked to their seat via the ticketing system. Quite an easy job to deal out fines/bans/revoke season tickets etc. 
this is what should be done.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan

You're an embarrasement.
We certainly don't sing about it. Liverpool is more about supporting the team.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
Was at the Southampton game (new annie road stand) and heard announcements several times over the tannoy system that tragedy chanting is illegal and should be reported. It could be clearly heard by asay fans. Was something similar announced at OT yesterday?
If so - solution should be quite simple. Make the announcement that tragedy chanting is not allowed. Security cameras can then identify each fan singing and their names are linked to their seat via the ticketing system. Quite an easy job to deal out fines/bans/revoke season tickets etc. 

They’d have to throw out half the stadium if they did that though.

I think Fergie one year made a half hearted attempt to tell them it wasn’t on before we went there (maybe someone from our side did the same, ignoring that the unpleasant over the line chants are largely one way these days) but it clearly didn’t make much difference.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They should be banned from Anfield and have no home fans at any game until they deal with the problem.

There's obviously a handful of wankers in our fan base. There's eye witness accounts of c*nts yesterday doing Munich gestures, and the c*nts lobbing flares that landed in the disabled section. Identify those rats and ban them for life.

Theirs however is a literally thousands of people for pretty much 90 minutes every time we play them.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
They’d have to throw out half the stadium if they did that though.

I think Fergie one year made a half hearted attempt to tell them it wasn’t on before we went there (maybe someone from our side did the same, ignoring that the unpleasant over the line chants are largely one way these days) but it clearly didn’t make much difference.
Who cares if it’s half the stadium?  The technology and data is all there to do this. It would soon stop it. Banning all fans etc is much more harsh than only banning those that sing it.
As someone posted - Imagine if it was a racist chant? - solution would be used pretty sharpish.

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan

You're an embarrasement.
Did you even read the first line? You are an idiot if you think Liverpool is full of 100% innocents and United 100% villains.

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
Who cares if it’s half the stadium?  The technology and data is all there to do this. It would soon stop it. Banning all fans etc is much more harsh than only banning those that sing it.
As someone posted - Imagine if it was a racist chant? - solution would be used pretty sharpish.
See, that's a viable solution everyone can get behind. But blanket bans? Not convinced.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Did you even read the first line? You are an idiot if you think Liverpool is full of 100% innocents and United 100% villains.

I've been to pretty much every home game for nearly 40 years.

I used to be a steward for ten of those. We have c*nts in our fanbase, like every other one and we used to have some shithouse chants. But they have been stopped.

If you got up and did a munich gesture now at Anfield, you'd either be shouted at and told to fuck off, dragged off by a steward or arrested - and fucking quite rightly.

It isn't accepted. Our fan base pretty much self-polices and I've seen a few c*nts knocked out over the years.

The muncih chants on-masse and the gestures are not welcome. They are not accepted. Because of tragedies of our own. It's not on any more and shit like that doesn't happen any more.

At Old Trafford - and I've been about 30 or 40 times - every fucking time - it's pretty much the entire ground laughing about men, women and children being crushed to death at a football match, wall pushing gestures and disgusting chants. It's not a minority - it's pretty much the entire fucking ground for the entire fucking 90 minutes and nothing is done.

We had a few c*nts away doing 'munich gestures' and I hope the club collar them, ban them for life and jail the fuckers. We also had a couple of twats that threw flares into the disabled fans zone. They should be getting a fucking 20 stretch in strangeways. c*nts.

But in this case, it's a couple of braindead fucking wankers letting everyone down and getting rightly slagged off by everyone. No one thinks they are heroes or great. We think they are c*nts.

The difference is because it's their entire fucking ground, every fucking week - even when we don't play them - they think it's fine and fucking dandy.

Don't compare us with them - there is no comparison and it's every fucking time we play them.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan

And you're a complete idiot if you think yesterday was "a handful" of Mancs. You are coming across horrendously here.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Handful?  Have you ever been there?

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
I've been to pretty much every home game for nearly 40 years.

I used to be a steward for ten of those. We have c*nts in our fanbase, like every other one and we used to have some shithouse chants. But they have been stopped.

If you got up and did a munich gesture now at Anfield, you'd either be shouted at and told to fuck off, dragged off by a steward or arrested - and fucking quite rightly.

It isn't accepted. Our fan base pretty much self-polices and I've seen a few c*nts knocked out over the years.

The muncih chants on-masse and the gestures are not welcome. They are not accepted. Because of tragedies of our own. It's not on any more and shit like that doesn't happen any more.

At Old Trafford - and I've been about 30 or 40 times - every fucking time - it's pretty much the entire ground laughing about men, women and children being crushed to death at a football match, wall pushing gestures and disgusting chants. It's not a minority - it's pretty much the entire fucking ground for the entire fucking 90 minutes and nothing is done.

We had a few c*nts away doing 'munich gestures' and I hope the club collar them, ban them for life and jail the fuckers. We also had a couple of twats that threw flares into the disabled fans zone. They should be getting a fucking 20 stretch in strangeways. c*nts.

But in this case, it's a couple of braindead fucking wankers letting everyone down and getting rightly slagged off by everyone. No one thinks they are heroes or great. We think they are c*nts.

The difference is because it's their entire fucking ground, every fucking week - even when we don't play them - they think it's fine and fucking dandy.

Don't compare us with them - there is no comparison and it's every fucking time we play them.
There were arrests made by the GMP so clearly 1] they are not putting up with it 2] not every single fan is in favour of the chanting.
https://theathletic.com/5348763/2024/03/17/fa-police-tragedy-chanting-man-utd-liverpool/
And for those saying I am coming across horrendously, I don't care, I am not going to glibly label everyone a criminal just because I am upset my team lost. That's what they do on GOT.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

It appears our club don't give a fuck if it happens

I've asked the question via live chat.  I was advised to report it to Greater Manchester Police and Manchester United, but that LFC wouldn't do anything with my report or wish to investigate or take any action against the individuals.  I relayed that it wasn't right that the essential line from LFC was that they wouldn't be interested in investigating or taking any action themselves, but the buck remained firmly passed.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
There were arrests made by the GMP so clearly 1] they are not putting up with it 2] not every single fan is in favour of the chanting.
https://theathletic.com/5348763/2024/03/17/fa-police-tragedy-chanting-man-utd-liverpool/
And for those saying I am coming across horrendously, I don't care, I am not going to glibly label everyone a criminal just because I am upset my team lost. That's what they do on GOT.

You are coming across as a tit because it's much of their fanbase. Every fucking year. Year in. Year out.

Did you even watch the game? I watched it in the pub yesterday in town as it was my mates birthday, and even there above the noise of the pub, you could hear it clear as day for the whole match.

Are you actually fucking deaf?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
If it was just a handful then I'd agree with you, but it's virtually all of their stadium and the overwhelming majority of their away support too.

Hillsborough survivors and the bereaved families deserve so much better. The club have a duty of care. Ban the imbeciles until they learn how to behave like civilised human beings rather than brainless savages.

Edit:

Just to add that my thoughts have absolutely nothing to do with the result. I've been saying this for years. I was at Old Trafford the season after Hillsborough and they were at it then. They are still at it today, but far, far worse. They've become emboldened because they get away with it year after year after year...

I was all for police and stewards picking off offenders and the courts making examples of them in order to get the message out far and wide like they did with racism. That's all it took to turn the tide there. Just picking off offenders and exposing them and dealing with them. The masses at games soon fell into line. There hasn't been anything like enough proactive work done on this subject though, so it persists. As it stands, I'd ban the lot of them until the grow up and act like civilised human beings.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 12:27:49 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Arrests  :lmao They made one arrest. Couldn't be more of a token gesture if they tried.

Do you honestly believe it was only a handful of people singing those songs yesterday? If so then you must have been watching on mute.

10-20 people don't come across like that on TV. It was thousands.

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
You are coming across as a tit because it's much of their fanbase. Every fucking year. Year in. Year out.

Did you even watch the game? I watched it in the pub yesterday in town as it was my mates birthday, and even there above the noise of the pub, you could hear it clear as day for the whole match.

Are you actually fucking deaf?
You are coming across like a Nazi. You want to label everyone a criminal and ban them. Literally a criminal as the police arrest those who tragey chant. You want to ignore due process and argue that anyone who follows united is a criminal in your eyes. And that is wrong. And anyone who agrees with that because they are upset and offended are also wrong. And you can say you heard X,Y and Z until you are blue in the face but it won't alter the fact that you want to tarnish the innocent along with the guilty.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Was at the Southampton game (new annie road stand) and heard announcements several times over the tannoy system that tragedy chanting is illegal and should be reported. It could be clearly heard by away fans. Was something similar announced at OT yesterday?

We had an announcement in the away end but I heard it pre-game on the concourse so not sure if it was heard in the stands or if they give them out in the home end at OT.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
If it was just a handful then I'd agree with you, but it's virtually all of their stadium and the overwhelming majority of their away support too.

Hillsborough survivors and the bereaved families deserve so much better. The club have a duty of care. Ban the imbeciles until they learn how to behave like civilised human beings rather than brainless savages.
They are doing that though. It's clear they are targetting what they see as the leaders to serve as a warning to others. Perhaps it needs greater effort. But Andy is talking about blanket bans. Everyone is banned, and that can only lead to tit for tat. Clubs need to work with police and government to solve this, not arbitrarily ban all fans.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
They are doing that though. It's clear they are targetting what they see as the leaders to serve as a warning to others.

;D You're a clown. It was worse than it's ever been yesterday, one arrest does fuck all.