Author Topic: Problem with Yahoo  (Read 3103 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Problem with Yahoo
« on: January 16, 2015, 10:20:44 pm »
I am having a problem with my e-mail account at the moment. Although my inbox is showing as having 67 e-mails in it when I open it I can only see 6. The others are showing as unread e-mails, but when I try and open them, I can't do it. Does anyone have any idea about what may be wrong please?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
Re: Problem with Yahoo
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 10:45:11 pm »
I am having a problem with my e-mail account at the moment. Although my inbox is showing as having 67 e-mails in it when I open it I can only see 6. The others are showing as unread e-mails, but when I try and open them, I can't do it. Does anyone have any idea about what may be wrong please?
Have you tried the usual browser problem fixes, like 1)  clearing cache and 2)  flushdns
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
Yahoo Mail
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 01:34:24 pm »
Hello Guys,

Bit of a random one, but do email providers such as Yahoo block emails from abroad, notably Europe? Reason I ask is I have been busy planning our road trip to Germany over the last few months, which has involved sending emails back forth to Germany.

I have had no issues recently, but last week and over the weekend I sent a good few to gaffs around Germany, but literally have not had a single reply which is bizarre.

Call it paranoia, but can they treat it as spam (the replies arent in my spam folder), and block them?
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Yahoo Mail
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 01:54:38 pm »
With the amount of rubbish (from both home and overseas) that does get through and ends up in my spam folder on Yahoo, I doubt that they'd block legitimate replies.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 02:01:35 pm »
oh,,so your not happy you got some email,oops
bollocks

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 02:50:15 pm »
oh,,so your not happy you got some email,oops

Errr, no - I am concerned I havent got replies to emails I sent.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 03:07:49 pm »
Just popped in to say I hate yahoo mail, wish I'd never made it my main email.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 03:09:12 pm »
Errr, no - I am concerned I havent got replies to emails I sent.
  8)
bollocks

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 07:05:41 pm »
Hello Guys,

Bit of a random one, but do email providers such as Yahoo block emails from abroad, notably Europe? Reason I ask is I have been busy planning our road trip to Germany over the last few months, which has involved sending emails back forth to Germany.

I have had no issues recently, but last week and over the weekend I sent a good few to gaffs around Germany, but literally have not had a single reply which is bizarre.

Call it paranoia, but can they treat it as spam (the replies arent in my spam folder), and block them?

Have you considered that your email might be ending up in their spam folders? It's perfectly conceivable - I have all sorts of important messages end up in Spam because Gmail misinterprets various Billet Doux from my local dominatrix.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 07:41:49 pm »
Hello Guys,

Extremely unlikely they block them because they are from Germany. If they're not in your spam folder, they probably have just not replied.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Problem with Yahoo
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2020, 04:23:35 pm »
I am wondering if anyone has had this problem on yahoo mail before. I just went into my email account and suddenly I get this message telling me to turn off my ad-blocker. The message gives you about twenty seconds to either disable or pay a monthly charge. I am curious whether this is genuinely yahoo, or is it a con? Thanks.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2020, 04:25:33 pm »
Sounds like a scam. I also use Yahoo Mail and I've never had an issue with that. Have you emailed customer service?

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2020, 04:26:57 pm »
Sounds like a scam. I also use Yahoo Mail and I've never had an issue with that. Have you emailed customer service?

Haven't done so far, but think I will do. Thanks.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2020, 04:27:35 pm »
Sounds dodgy.

I don't get this on my hotmail or my aol email.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2020, 04:29:25 pm »
I use through a browser and never seen that, as has been said its dodgy. Install another browser and try again - assuming your not using an app, if you are uninstall and reinstall the app. Try another device.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2020, 04:38:23 pm »
Thanks guy, I will try a new browser as suggested.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2020, 07:18:55 pm »
Sounds like they are trying to get you to sign up for Yahoo Mail Pro.

Yahoo Wants You to Pay for an Ad-Free Version of Its Notoriously Hacked Email Service

https://gizmodo.com/yahoo-wants-you-to-pay-for-an-ad-free-version-of-its-no-1796456334

I know this isn't very useful because it is not easy to move email provider from somewhere you have been years, but screw Yahoo... terrible company.

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2020, 08:26:55 pm »

Yahoo Wants You to Pay for an Ad-Free Version of Its Notoriously Hacked Email Service

https://gizmodo.com/yahoo-wants-you-to-pay-for-an-ad-free-version-of-its-no-1796456334

I know this isn't very useful because it is not easy to move email provider from somewhere you have been years, but screw Yahoo... terrible company.
I second that. I have a Yahoo account through Sky, it's basically my spam filter, any shite I sign up for, I use Yahoo. Wouldn't dream of using it for anything important.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2020, 01:03:45 am »
I can't login now either, i type in my user/email address, then password, i then get a verification page, type in some random letters, then goes back to login page, mine is sky/yahoo. :no

I managed to login after turning adblock off, cheeky greedy c*nts, they can fuckoff if they think i'm going to pay for an ad free version. :no
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 01:07:28 am by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2020, 05:33:46 pm »

I have just spoken to my brother about it and he has said the same, it is an attempt by yahoo to persuade you to disable the ad-blocker and sign up with their other one. I am mostly relieved it wasn't a scam. I am going to sign up with gmail now anyway, as I am wary of the security on yahoo. Thanks everyone for sending that.

Offline Rymildet

• Boys Pen
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2022, 07:18:56 pm »
Hi there
Sorry for bumping old thread but I just can't log in. My login and password are 100% correct, what am I supposed to do?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2022, 09:58:54 pm »
Hi there
Sorry for bumping old thread but I just can't log in. My login and password are 100% correct, what am I supposed to do?

If you say that your login and password are incorrect then what's stopping you logging in? It's possible you've been hacked and someone has changed your password..

Are you running anti-virus/ad-blockers or the like? Are you on a VPN? Have you got pop-ups disabled? All these things might impact your ability to logon.

Even though you are sure that your username/password is correct, have you tried a password reset on it?

Have you inspected your browser web page (Right click and 'inspect' on Firefox or Chrome)

What errors are you seeing there?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Lalesa

• Kemlynite
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2022, 02:50:00 am »
I remember I also couldn't log in to my yahoo account. I tried various ways but didn't succeed. I ended up checking the yahoo reviews on this website where someone recommended trying to disable pop-ups and reset a password. Fortunately, it worked.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 02:15:52 am by Lalesa »

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2022, 07:37:13 am »
if you can't use any of the recovery options - phone or recovery email address - and you 'think' you haven't been hacked then use another browser first to see if you can login on that

oh, and another device if possible
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend