Author Topic: The 'Football was invented in 1992' Sly Sports Premier League draft - discussion  (Read 17676 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Hi, gonna be on and off intermittently today so you can just miss me out and I'll pick when I can.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
There’s a third left winger from that era that I nearly picked who’s reputation seems to have fallen a bit because of his time spent somewhere a bit closer to home.

Hello!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Ah shit. Forgot about Overmars! This is where putting a list together would be helpful!

Hehe he's a good option since he played on both wings. So he'll be out right while Ronaldo is left.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Hehe he's a good option since he played on both wings. So he'll be out right while Ronaldo is left.

Way better on the left though, how often did he play on the right?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Way better on the left though, how often did he play on the right?

Quite a few times.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Quite a few times.

Not sure he did for Arsenal though? Maybe more in his youth or after his move to Spain
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Hello!

There he is! He was such a talent at Leeds. And his time here is clouded by us not being very good as a team when he joined, and then the unfortunate cup final injuries. But he was our best player for a lot of 03/04 along with Gerrard. And Rafa trusted him and he played pretty much whenever he was fit. He was there when we won away at Marseille in 07/08 linking up with Torres which you kind of forget.

And at Leeds he was obviously incredibly raw and exciting. I endorse Elzar’s pick!

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Have messaged Hazell and Mikey

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Let's see what city player that oil money-loving traitor Mikey picks nows.

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Let's see what city player that oil money-loving traitor Mikey picks nows.

Haha, did consider it, but they’re mostly gone, which must mean somebody else has been picking them too!
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mate, we're not doing a Superhero draft currently.  ???

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
FFS Betty.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
FFS Betty.

:D

Thought he might be popular.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
:D

Thought he might be popular.

Completely forgot about him to be honest. Ah well.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Do I embrace the hipsters of the 90's or go serious? Draft's have changed since the golden age.  ???

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Do I embrace the hipsters of the 90's or go serious? Draft's have changed since the golden age.  ???

Follow your heart, my boy.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Good pick from a vintage era Bobby. Deserves a vote for chipping Schmeichel alone.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Follow your heart, my boy.

Going with serious fatso. Times have changed mate.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Gah, I had Zabaleta earmarked for my next pick. That’ll teach me to actually try and think one move ahead.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Assume Spain is ok for Costa's nationality as he played way more for them and did so during his Chelsea spell.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Assume Spain is ok for Costa's nationality as he played way more for them and did so during his Chelsea spell.

I’d have thought so. That’s who he represented.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Gah, I had Zabaleta earmarked for my next pick. That’ll teach me to actually try and think one move ahead.

I had Tevez for mine! Two great picks this late on.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Never try to be clever in these things. Always backfires.

Yep, whoever they have the most caps for is their nationality in this.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Never try to be clever in these things. Always backfires.

Yep, whoever they have the most caps for is their nationality in this.

Wasn’t trying to be clever! Was just debating whether to get him or Nobby in first and went for a winger thinking full backs would be easier to come by. We shall see!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
LAs picking the shit partner.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
LAs picking the shit partner.
Nah, Vertonghen was the real backbone of that defense. No defender called Toby can ever be taken seriously.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No player named after the first month of the year should be taken seriously either. His full name is January.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
No player named after the first month of the year should be taken seriously either. His full name is January.
Still, better than being named after the family's poodle.  ;D

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Philippe Albert > both of those pretenders

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The yard dogs are coming out ;)

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mousa Dembele is criminally underrated player - had him earmarked for a later round, which doesn't bode well.  ;D
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Yeah, it started with Azpilicueta.  ;D

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

I was going to go with shite, but that's a politer way of putting it

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
:lmao that picture

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Great pick, Bobby. Now there's a properly underrated player.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I was going to go with shite, but that's a politer way of putting it
Pfft matic was one of the best midfielders for 4 years, proper hard bastard as a well.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Great pick, Bobby. Now there's a properly underrated player.

Merci, Mon ami. No love for Philippe Albert? He’s almost French! As Nicky says, he’s gotta have kudos on here for the Schmeichal chip surely?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Good pick from a vintage era Bobby. Deserves a vote for chipping Schmeichel alone.

“And I would just love it if we beat them”

Boss Tash too
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Merci, Mon ami. No love for Philippe Albert? He’s almost French! As Nicky says, he’s gotta have kudos on here for the Schmeichal chip surely?

Look up a few posts  ;)

Philippe Albert > both of those pretenders

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Eww a toe sucking ginger little shit.