Author Topic: Injury news only thread. *  (Read 1931408 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: Current injury updates? not a transfer speculation thread
« Reply #7360 on: December 30, 2016, 06:54:18 pm »
Does being paid more mean their muscles heal quicker?
yep. I noticed mine healed quicker when I got a part time Job on minimum wage instead of being on the dole.

Then when I got a full time job, wow I was like a new man. Felt like I could run through walls.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline tellusajoke

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7361 on: December 30, 2016, 11:51:24 pm »
yep. I noticed mine healed quicker when I got a part time Job on minimum wage instead of being on the dole.

Then when I got a full time job, wow I was like a new man. Felt like I could run through walls.

:lmao :lmao :lmao
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7362 on: December 30, 2016, 11:58:04 pm »
Its a lot of games but they're paid well

And loads of games at Xmas has always been the way. Its nothing new so get over it

Yes, they are paid well so let's over play then and get a bunch of muscle injuries to key players so we can all come in here and complain about how thin our squad is and wonder why it's taking so long for players to get fit again. 

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7363 on: December 31, 2016, 11:08:45 pm »
Any news on what was up with Hendo? His thread has been locked for some odd reason.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7364 on: December 31, 2016, 11:11:04 pm »

;D Bless you.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7365 on: December 31, 2016, 11:16:52 pm »
Any news on what was up with Hendo? His thread has been locked for some odd reason.

He had some pain in his heel that isn't the one he has plantar fasciitis in, but it might just be minor and nothing to worry about. His thread got locked because of bickering.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7366 on: December 31, 2016, 11:17:56 pm »
Don't think so, alls that has been said is that they think it was his heel again (by Klopp)
Hope it's not too serious as he's been fucking brilliant this season for us and think our midefield will struggle without him  :(

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7367 on: December 31, 2016, 11:42:46 pm »
He had some pain in his heel that isn't the one he has plantar fasciitis in, but it might just be minor and nothing to worry about. His thread got locked because of bickering.

Bickering?  In the Hendo thread?  I don't believe it.   :P

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7368 on: January 2, 2017, 07:16:03 pm »
Do we know when we can expect Coutinho,  Matip and Hendo back?  And any news on Sturridge and Milner?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7369 on: January 2, 2017, 07:19:18 pm »
Do we know when we can expect Coutinho,  Matip and Hendo back?  And any news on Sturridge and Milner?

Coutinho was in training last week so its now 2 weeks until a league game. Maybe a bench appearance for Saints?

Henderson is said to be out for 10 days so again based on that Utd away is a suitable target.

Matip i have no idea what is keeping him.

Sturridge suffered a knock and Klopp said it shouldnt be that bad. Klopp also said that Milner suffered a knock but as they were not sure they didnt risk it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7370 on: January 2, 2017, 08:05:57 pm »
Does anyone have any clear news on how long Matip will be out for?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7371 on: January 2, 2017, 08:20:20 pm »

No - because after the first game it was time to "manage" it game to game - but here we are 5 games and 3 weeks later. Blah.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7372 on: January 2, 2017, 08:23:12 pm »
Phil will get some minutes this weekend, surely. Ideal game for him to come off the bench.

See how he reacts, more minutes against Southampton - in from the start against United.

Looking forward to seeing him on the pitch again, feels longer than just over a month!

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #7373 on: January 3, 2017, 05:39:49 pm »
Hope Sturridge's injury is solely impact. Very painful but not likely to lead to any long term muscle strain etc. - fingers crossed.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #7374 on: January 3, 2017, 05:47:59 pm »

Hopefully until the day after the AFCON callup, as news outlets are reporting he's "expected" to attend. Part of me would like us to take this one to court, FIFA wouldn't stand a chance, but I fear it would drag on.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7375 on: January 3, 2017, 05:50:35 pm »
Hopefully until the day after the AFCON callup, as news outlets are reporting he's "expected" to attend. Part of me would like us to take this one to court, FIFA wouldn't stand a chance, but I fear it would drag on.

I know I've been reading about him being "expected" to attend as well. It was coming from a BBC journalist, I just hope the club fight this. We need him back in the team as soon as possible.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7376 on: January 3, 2017, 05:59:31 pm »

I wouldn't worry, the club seem to have no concerns about any actual punishment for Matip not going to the training camp. Some quotes from the link I've posted below -

"This could spark an ugly club vs. country row, with there previously being suggestions that Cameroon could call for FIFA to suspend the players that pulled out from club action for the duration of the tournament.

However, it has been reported that Liverpool don’t fear any development on that front."

"It is clear why Broos would wish to call upon him against Burkina Faso, Guinea-Bissau and host nation Gabon in the AFCON’s Group A, but he likely has no leg to stand on in this dispute."

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/01/cameroon-manager-still-expecting-joel-matip-report-afcon-duty/

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7377 on: January 3, 2017, 06:06:54 pm »
Fuck international football the daft Cameroonian twats. He's been injured for weeks and weeks yet they want him to go play in their shitty tournament. Fuck off.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7378 on: January 3, 2017, 06:08:00 pm »
I wouldn't worry, the club seem to have no concerns about any actual punishment for Matip not going to the training camp. Some quotes from the link I've posted below -

"This could spark an ugly club vs. country row, with there previously being suggestions that Cameroon could call for FIFA to suspend the players that pulled out from club action for the duration of the tournament.

However, it has been reported that Liverpool don’t fear any development on that front."

"It is clear why Broos would wish to call upon him against Burkina Faso, Guinea-Bissau and host nation Gabon in the AFCON’s Group A, but he likely has no leg to stand on in this dispute."

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/01/cameroon-manager-still-expecting-joel-matip-report-afcon-duty/

Yeah, no actual details of anything there, really. Certainly nothing to say why the club should feel Matip will be immune from punishment. The rules are clear on this. They wouldn't stand up in front of the court of arbitration for sport, clearly, but do we want to go to that length? If FIFA suspend the player, that's it until any hearing is over, which would probably take longer than the term of the ban to happen.

I'm not panicking, but I don't see any real reason to be complacent about this.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7379 on: January 3, 2017, 06:11:54 pm »
You cannot be forced to represent your country if you have decided (and informed them) that you do not want to play for them.

I'd absolutely love a country to try to legally force someone to do so - it's not fucking conscription.

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7380 on: January 3, 2017, 06:14:44 pm »
Matip should just retire from international football, he can always reconsider later on if he changes his mind.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7381 on: January 3, 2017, 06:14:44 pm »
If you want more, someone posted a link to these tweets on the Liverpool FC subreddit -

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ  7h
Cameroon team manager Hugo Broos says he's still expecting Joel Matip to turn up to their training camp later. (@JohnBennettBBC)

John Bennett ‏@JohnBennettBBC  5h
@AnfieldHQ It was the team manager who said it. Alphonse Tchami. Basically looks after players/logistic etc. Coach is Hugo Broos.

John Bennett
‏@JohnBennettBBC
@AnfieldHQ No worries. My guess is he won't be in 23 named tomorrow and Cameroon won't pursue it but worth watching. All the best.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7382 on: January 3, 2017, 06:16:48 pm »
Does Hugo Broos have his own line of aftershave, too?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7383 on: January 3, 2017, 06:50:57 pm »
This is the Guardian's take on it.

Liverpool standing firm in Joel Matip Africa Cup of Nations row
• Jürgen Klopp believes defender has retired from international duty
• Cameroon’s Hugo Broos playing hardball and threatening sanctions

Liverpool insist they have no desire to get into a club vs country row over Joel Matip’s availability for Cameroon and only want to support the player’s own decision not to go to the Africa Cup of Nations.

The club are resigned to losing Sadio Mané to Senegal’s involvement in the tournament this month, but understood the situation with Matip was different. He has not played for Cameroon in over a year after a disagreement with the national team, while still a Schalke player, and said as long ago as September that he did not wish to be considered for the Cup of Nations.

Liverpool actually thought Matip had retired from international football, but if so the Cameroon coach Hugo Broos did not appear to get the message and named him in his squad. The German-born defender still has no intention with joining up with Cameroon in Gabon but Broos has indicated he may ask Fifa to invoke sanctions. If the ruling body suspects Liverpool of influencing the player’s decision or preventing him from joining up – something the club are adamant is far from the case – they could prevent him playing domestic games for the duration of the tournament.

Matip has been sidelined over the festive period with an ankle injury but Liverpool expect him to be ready for a return soon. They would be surprised were Fifa to take action against the player, for they were under the impression Cameroon had accepted the fact of his retirement some time ago. Speaking on the subject last month Jürgen Klopp said he was relaxed about the situation. “The players make these decisions by themselves, there is nothing the club can do,” the Liverpool manager said.

The West Brom right-back Allan Nyom also told Broos he wanted to stay at the Hawthorns to keep his place in Tony Pulis’s side.

Liverpool standing firm in Joel Matip Africa Cup of Nations row https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/03/joel-matip-liverpool-cameroon-africa-cup-of-nations-hugo-broos?CMP=share_btn_tw
« Last Edit: January 3, 2017, 06:53:38 pm by jillc »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7384 on: January 3, 2017, 07:00:55 pm »
I wonder if his injury becomes an issue where we don't take any risks and it helps him not get called up?

Odd that you can't retire if they don't want you to.  I understand it's to stop clubs stopping players from competing, but what about the free will of the player?  Seems utterly irrelevant here.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7385 on: January 3, 2017, 07:03:45 pm »
I wonder if his injury becomes an issue where we don't take any risks and it helps him not get called up?

Odd that you can't retire if they don't want you to.  I understand it's to stop clubs stopping players from competing, but what about the free will of the player?  Seems utterly irrelevant here.

The other point is he made this decision when he was at his last club. So how can we be held responsible for it? Like you said, you cannot force someone to play international football if they really don't want to. This will be a nonsense if they involve us in any way.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #7386 on: January 3, 2017, 07:42:59 pm »
You can't be forced to play surely
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7387 on: January 3, 2017, 09:11:20 pm »
Fuck international football the daft Cameroonian twats. He's been injured for weeks and weeks yet they want him to go play in their shitty tournament. Fuck off.
laughed at this

Its fucking laughable isn't it though. He's injured, he's not interested TAKE A FUCKING HINT

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7388 on: January 4, 2017, 11:43:00 am »
The other point is he made this decision when he was at his last club. So how can we be held responsible for it? Like you said, you cannot force someone to play international football if they really don't want to. This will be a nonsense if they involve us in any way.

Yeah, surely we could argue part of the reason we signed him was because we knew he wouldn't be going to future ACON tournaments and if we'd known different we wouldn't have signed him. Not sure if that would make him available again though if they wanted to make a stand.  Would he an interesting case were it another club in the middle of it!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7389 on: January 4, 2017, 08:24:10 pm »
He's not been named in the final squad, so we've nothing to worry about anymore. ;D

Offline d1ward

• Kemlynite
« Reply #7390 on: January 5, 2017, 02:38:55 pm »
Glad that's over, fuss over nothing really. What's more of a concern is his injury, I really hope it isn't one where they try to rest it and it needs surgery after all.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #7391 on: January 5, 2017, 05:14:15 pm »
Matip will be back in full training in a couple of a days according to the man himself. Brilliant news before what is probably a game of the season at OT and boy could we use him there.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7392 on: January 5, 2017, 05:19:41 pm »
Matip will be back in full training in a couple of a days according to the man himself. Brilliant news before what is probably a game of the season at OT and boy could we use him there.
Great news! ;D

Offline morrisonlfc

• Main Stander
  • Life is only a dream
« Reply #7393 on: January 5, 2017, 05:19:50 pm »
Has there been any further updates regarding Coutinho?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7394 on: January 5, 2017, 05:28:35 pm »

given that he is in full training I think h should be back very shortly.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7395 on: January 5, 2017, 06:35:35 pm »
I'm hoping he gets a few minutes in the cup game so he's ready to go fuck United up!  8)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7396 on: January 5, 2017, 06:36:17 pm »
Matip....

"[It's] getting better and in a few days I hope I'll be back in full training," the centre-back told Liverpoolfc.com.

"That's the plan but you never know how it will go. We are really positive and hope that this chapter is closed.

"It was my left ankle, a ligament was damaged. At the beginning it needed rest but after this I wanted to play too early.

"Three or four weeks before the West Ham game was the first time I really felt it and I still wanted to play a little bit too early.

"But now, I'm on a good way."

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #7397 on: January 5, 2017, 07:29:23 pm »
Hopefully he can get in a week's training before United.
YWNA

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7398 on: January 5, 2017, 10:25:58 pm »

I came in here to ask if Phil was in training but didn't need to!! :)

Brilliant news.

Hopefully he gets 15 mins against Saints midweek ready for the Mancs.

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #7399 on: January 5, 2017, 11:10:57 pm »

Is it full training (with the team) or still on his own?

Any word on Hendo/Milner/Daniel?