Author Topic: The I'm a fat bastard and trying to lose weight thread aka JoeyC's skiving zone  (Read 484292 times)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
It's 3 months since I went Vegetarian,  stopped eating meat, any kind of meat and I've not felt fitter or stronger.
Funny you should say that buddy. Whilst I've not gone completely veggie, I've recently made some changes to my diet and now I can easily go one week to the next without eating any meat what so ever. Feeling tip fucking top I have to say ;) 8)

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
At one point around June 2014 I was 23 stone. I managed to get it to 13.2st. Didn't keep it at that weight. Mostly spinning.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
At one point around June 2014 I was 23 stone. I managed to get it to 13.2st. Didn't keep it at that weight. Mostly spinning.
Fucking hell! That's both startling and hugely impressive! Did you make loads of crackling afterwards? ::) :lickin :)

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah yeah yeah, whatever.

So you lost 10 stone did you?

Prove it   :)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Down to 16st 3lbs today, that's 5lb off in 11 days, best bit is, it's coming off the middle, I can see my shape changing.

Out for a Greek meal with the wife tomorrow so got to be really good and active during the day.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
Down to 16st 3lbs today, that's 5lb off in 11 days, best bit is, it's coming off the middle, I can see my shape changing.

Out for a Greek meal with the wife tomorrow so got to be really good and active during the day.

Good work mate, that's a good start, I'm hovering at 15'0 and 1/4 for the last couple of days. Will be a big psychological barrier when I get under 15. Definitely makes a difference though, face looks a bit more chiselled and definitely can see a difference in the stomache
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good work mate, that's a good start, I'm hovering at 15'0 and 1/4 for the last couple of days. Will be a big psychological barrier when I get under 15. Definitely makes a difference though, face looks a bit more chiselled and definitely can see a difference in the stomache

Cheers.

You'll break the barrier soon, what did you start at?

Can't believe I got down to 14st 10lb from 16st 7 or thereabouts just over 2 years ago. An all inclusive holiday in Jan 2015 and then a bad year last year wrecked it all.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
My weight isn't coming down on the scales but I'm making some progress as a couple of people have said I'm looking a bit thinner and my jeans are feeling much looser. You can always tell by your clothes as they say. I've been running and doing bits of weights a couple of times a week so maybe I've built some muscle.

I'm fucked with the flu at the moment though, really struggling to get out of bed at times, aching all over, sore throat, headache, feeling shitty. So I'm the exercise and diet isn't regulated, I'm living off lemsips and water really. Hopefully by next week I'll be over it and can get back into my routine and try and lose some proper weight for the summer months.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My mate who I go the gym and football with is complaining to me how he's fat.

He weights more than me, but is trim as fuck. It's doing my head in ;D

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
Down from 198 to 194 this week. 7lbs loss in 2 weeks, very happy with that. Just 9lbs more to go.

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
I decided to go on the beer over the weekend and had a takeaway Saturday night so went from 210 to 212  :butt

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
im going back full time gymming and dieting.

clothes arent fitting

pic taken of me yesterday i was horrific looking

need to sort it out
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I decided to go on the beer over the weekend and had a takeaway Saturday night so went from 210 to 212  :butt

That'll drop off this week, I put 2lb on too over the weekend, night out with the wife o. Saturday. I know I'll have got rid of that by Wednesday and will lose another pound or two. Just don't make it a regular thing and you'll be ok.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.

Yeah, don't worry about that too much. The occasional indulgence wont hurt you. You probably weigh a little heavier due to the likely high salt content of your food (which could or could not be offset by some dehydration from the alcohol depending on when you got weighed).

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I was 12 stone 4 on the Saturday night, went out on the bike on Sunday at 5.30am, pedalled the 8 mile to Newcastle Central Station where I met 2 mates.  We got on the 6.30 train to Carlisle then cycled home from there.  Later that evening I was on the scales and was 11 stone 12 meaning I lost 6 pounds in one day of cycling. 
Yeh of water weight. cycling is great cardio though and gives good definition to legs for people who can't be arsed with leg day.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Yeh of water weight. cycling is great cardio though and gives good definition to legs for people who can't be arsed with leg day.
i used to do spinning twice a week

was good. never found it easy.

first time i went in the instructor was absolutely stunning, was thinking "nice little bike ride, and i get to look at her" that was wrong

by the end of it i hated her. but it would have been shit when if easy. even when i was fitter than ever i found it tough. way it should be.

i went back the gym last night anyway. half hour of step machine. extra top on etc. just to sweat a lot of shyt out. back hopefully again tonight etc

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
i went back the gym last night anyway. half hour of step machine. extra top on etc. just to sweat a lot of shyt out. back hopefully again tonight etc

Step machine is the way forward for cardio, there's no hiding on it and it's a great way to finish a leg day.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Step machine is the way forward for cardio, there's no hiding on it and it's a great way to finish a leg day.
burn around 30 calories a minute.

Very unfit but gonna keep battling. Clear the pipes, shake off the cobwebs.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Went Tuesday and Wednesday. Dropped off a bit but tonight I went late as not in work tomorrow. Hence late post

45 mins step machine. Hoody on. 1200 calories

Feeling much better. Golf tomorrow, football saturday

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
burn around 30 calories a minute.
45 mins step machine. Hoody on. 1200 calories
Holy Fuck that's insane! I manage 630 cals on the cross trainer in about 43-44 mins and I think I'm the boss lol ;D ;D ;D

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Holy Fuck that's insane! I manage 630 cals on the cross trainer in about 43-44 mins and I think I'm the boss lol ;D ;D ;D
but you probably weigh half my weight

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
Just the 1lb loss this week, not the end of the world but a bit dissapointing after dropping just under 5lbs last week.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
I was 108 kg in 2014, with 2.5-3.5 hours of daily exercise and cutting garbage food, i have lost 20 kg in 4 months following this thread and using myfitnesspal, but now back to 107 kg, mostly because of giving up on exercise after marriage, last 8 months.

Now back to this thread, starting with 1 hour 45 mins paced walk, cutting latte (i was having almost every single day) and bread. I will keep you posted. Let's get to work.

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
37 days in and I am down to 14 11 and 3/4 so I have lost 10 and 1/4 lbs which I am pleased about. Got a new t shirt on today that I was bought for xmas but was too tight for me and fits nicely today which is a good feeling.

Not done brilliantly in terms of cutting down on everything but a combination of cutting down on drink, big dinners and getting back into running has made a big difference. Next barrier is 14 stone so hopefully will get there by mid May

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That'll drop off this week, I put 2lb on too over the weekend, night out with the wife o. Saturday. I know I'll have got rid of that by Wednesday and will lose another pound or two. Just don't make it a regular thing and you'll be ok.

Was full of cold that week so ended up retaining the added weight as I did nothing and ate comfort food, was still at 16st 5lb last Friday. Down to 16st 2lb this morning, so thats 3lb gone in a week. I've stopped dropping the kids at school in the car and am walking them again (getting a car was good and bad at the same time), so I'm doing a mile in total with the 1/2 mile walk from the car park to work.
Jurgen YNWA

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Little bike ride for me earlier, 1652 calories burned.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1669269855

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Little bike ride for me earlier, 1652 calories burned.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1669269855
No climbing...means it doesn't count. :P
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No climbing...means it doesn't count. :P
I dunno what it's like where you are but boy ohh boy was it windy here this morning, those 40 miles have nearly killed me, I'm aching all over the place.  I was gonna go to Hexham but turned back with 6 mile to go because I'm an amateur      and a soft c*nt  haha    :)

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Down to 183 now.

13 to go.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
was hungover yesterday. vest, shirt and hoodie on. 45 mins step machine

felt about a stone lighter after it but was quite tired and light headed after. the amount i sweated and the hangover not a nice mix

but did feel quite good after to sweat out all that shit

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You know you're just sweating out water & salt?

http://www.livestrong.com/article/437759-can-you-sweat-off-weight/

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
True but did feel better for it

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
It has taken 9 months but lost just over 3st now and feel fantastic for it.

About a month ago I started a couch to 10k programme, in an effort to get fitter. I did a C25k one about 3 years ago but I struggled with that to be honest, but a month into this one and I'm flying - finding it easier than I thought and doing longer runs now inbetween the days I'm following the programme. Going to try and do a Parkrun on Saturday to see how I feel.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
well done ciara

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Start
14 st 2 lbs

Current
12 st 9 lbs

Destination
11 st 3 lbs
Flatlined about 12st 8lbs because even though I've been hitting the gym, I've been eating out and drinking every weekend.

Another little push prior to my holiday should see me down to 12st 4lbs and then go again when I get back ::) ;D
« Last Edit: May 4, 2017, 06:01:36 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm 10lbs down since I started monitoring again at the start of Feb. There's been many time when I've been out for dinner or got a takeaway and a few beers, so it could be more, but I don't feel like I'm starving myself.

12 more to go then we'll see. Holiday end of August so it's possible.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
I'm 10lbs down since I started monitoring again at the start of Feb. There's been many time when I've been out for dinner or got a takeaway and a few beers, so it could be more, but I don't feel like I'm starving myself.
Unless you're a fucking sadist I just don't think this works. If you deny yourself everything, eventually you snap and splurge like a mutha fucka. Better to take it steady and allow yourself the odd indulgence here and there I reckon!

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Unless you're a fucking sadist I just don't think this works. If you deny yourself everything, eventually you snap and splurge like a mutha fucka. Better to take it steady and allow yourself the odd indulgence here and there I reckon!
yeah i think so too. need the odd treat as there is only so much fruit and veg one can eat

ive to do hell and back soon. so i decided to go back to do doing outdoor running. treadmill running is killing my back and i cant do more than 2 miles or 20 minutes. outdoor running didnt feel so bad. just under 3 miles last night (i could have done more). can easily increase that

gym will be just for step machines, weights etc
« Last Edit: May 5, 2017, 10:01:42 am by Hellrazor »

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
Do you run every day?

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.

12 more to go then we'll see. Holiday end of August so it's possible.
It's not possible to train properly on a negative caloric intake...where's the fuel that you need to power your activities coming from.

On a cut you're at your weakest because you're working but not fueling the engine. Take it from me, you can't starve yourself and work out properly.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"