Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2798049 times)

Offline NewHampshire_Exile

• Ambassador
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.YNWA.TV
Re: The NFL Thread...
« Reply #320 on: October 31, 2005, 09:30:38 pm »
you seems to have missed out the Pats score......

yet again players out injured - rookies starting - new contracted playrs in - bruschi back - and then they pull it back for a win at the end.

DO NOT write this team off yet.

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: October 31, 2005, 10:04:19 pm »

As  have you   ;)

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team of Messiers...
« Reply #322 on: November 1, 2005, 04:08:33 am »

yet again players out injured - rookies starting - new contracted playrs in - bruschi back - and then they pull it back for a win at the end.

Maybe because I posted the scores at 8:00 on Sunday...

New England looks like a shell of itself right now.
"They're the New York Giants; all run and no fun"--my brother at the Giants-Eagles game, Nov. 20, 2005

ManU fans--your 1999 European Cup is safe and sound in our museum

Mark Messier--The Captain, The Legend, The Messiah...11 forever

• Ambassador
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.YNWA.TV
« Reply #323 on: November 1, 2005, 07:30:21 pm »
Maybe because I posted the scores at 8:00 on Sunday...

New England looks like a shell of itself right now.
I know what time you posted. Just taking the opportunity to point out the pats score :D

you right about the shell though offense isn’t quite as good as last year – it’s the defense that worries me-  Brusci back helps but I can’t see them getting through another season with a patched up defense. A lot of the good things last year came from big defensie plays and turnovers. Not sure we’ll see so much of it this year and with the way New England plays that small % difference in play will mean a few more games against them.

May make the playoffs still! From then its anyones game!

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: November 1, 2005, 08:23:29 pm »
I know what time you posted. Just taking the opportunity to point out the pats score :D

you right about the shell though offense isn’t quite as good as last year – it’s the defense that worries me-  Brusci back helps but I can’t see them getting through another season with a patched up defense. A lot of the good things last year came from big defensie plays and turnovers. Not sure we’ll see so much of it this year and with the way New England plays that small % difference in play will mean a few more games against them.

May make the playoffs still! From then its anyones game!

The factors New England have going for them is that after the Colts game on Monday Night, their schedule is fairly easy and that division is atrocious.
"They're the New York Giants; all run and no fun"--my brother at the Giants-Eagles game, Nov. 20, 2005

Offline dirt,yclo

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #325 on: November 2, 2005, 11:35:17 am »
Cincinatti 21, Favre 14  (ha ha)

cincinnati  still going strong (well strong-ish)

the steelers are coming to get us.

but i think we will go to their place in a few weeks and DO EM

just remember u heard it here FIRST
cheers

simon :D

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #326 on: November 3, 2005, 01:31:52 pm »

Without Rodney Harrison and an ageing Corey Dillon, I am writing them off.  Not the same...  The Pats have been 'found out' as well I think.  The interesting game will be this coming Monday as the the Colts look really different - they have so many options in offense and the defense is just magnificent!

And yes, that Bruschi stroke was life threatening - strange the doctors allowed him back. 

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay calm, all is well!
« Reply #327 on: November 5, 2005, 02:30:07 am »

And yes, that Bruschi stroke was life threatening - strange the doctors allowed him back. 

strange yes, but can you believe his performance? pretty amazing 64 of 75 plays 11 tackles, not a bad day at the office coming off a stroke..haha...

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #328 on: November 6, 2005, 01:01:25 am »
so Brian, any tips on the footy today/tomorrow?? i know your on such a roll and all...... ;D

but seriously, i have very strange feeling you may pull something out of your arses this week, dunno why though!

something interesting below though. don't care what he says on the field he's possible the best there is so this may be the end of the eagles season..... T.O i hear miami is a nice place to live...... ;D

Owens suspended indefinitely by Eagles

By ROB MAADDI, AP Sports Writer
November 5, 2005
PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Terrell Owens can host an open house, exercise on his front lawn or practice a new touchdown celebration Sunday.

He won't be playing for the Philadelphia Eagles.

Owens was suspended indefinitely by the Eagles on Saturday, two days after he criticized the organization for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch two weeks ago.

The All-Pro wide receiver apologized Friday in a statement and later on his weekly radio show, but the damage already was done.

The Eagles issued a statement that said Owens was suspended ``for conduct detrimental to the team.'' The team added that it will have no further comment.

Owens' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, refused to comment.

It's unlikely Owens will be paid for sitting out this game, though neither the team nor Rosenhaus would discuss the situation. Owens is scheduled to make $3.5 million in base salary this season, so the suspension would cost him more than $200,000 per game if it's without pay.

The collective bargaining agreement states that a player can be suspended for up to four games without pay for conduct detrimental to the team. However, the Eagles could decide to pay Owens to stay home the rest of the season.

In 2003, Tampa Bay declared wideout Keyshawn Johnson inactive for the final six games and sent him home because of differences with coach Jon Gruden. Johnson was paid his full salary.

No matter, it's clear Owens won't be back in Philadelphia next year. He already put his house in Moorestown, N.J., up for sale. The price? A measly $4.4 million.

Owens has been angry with the Eagles since management refused to redo his contract just one season into the seven-year, $48.97 million deal he signed when he came to Philadelphia in March 2004.

Without Owens, the struggling Eagles (4-3) will line up with unproven rookie Reggie Brown at one of the wideout spots for an important game at Washington (4-3) on Sunday night.

This is the second time Owens has been suspended during his controversial 10-year career. In 2000, he was suspended one game by San Francisco coach Steve Mariucci following his infamous touchdown celebrations on the Dallas Cowboys' famed star logo at the center of Texas Stadium.

Owens clashed with management this summer and earned a one-week exile from training camp after a heated dispute with coach Andy Reid, which led to a bizarre workout on his lawn in front of neighbors and reporters.

Owens got in trouble this time after taking shots at the team and quarterback Donovan McNabb in an interview with ESPN.com on Thursday.

Owens was upset there was no in-stadium acknowledgment of his 100th career TD reception in a victory over San Diego on Oct. 23. An announcement was made in the press box.

``That right there just shows you the type of class and integrity that they claim not to be,'' said Owens, who became the sixth receiver in NFL history to reach the milestone. ``They claim to be first class and the best organization. It's an embarrassment. It just shows a lack of class they have. My publicist talked to the head PR guy, and they made an excuse they didn't recognize that was coming up. But that was a blatant lie. Had it been somebody else, they probably would have popped fireworks around the stadium.''

Owens also said the Eagles would be undefeated with Green Bay's Brett Favre at quarterback.

``A number of commentators will say he's a warrior, he's played with injuries,'' Owens said, referring to Favre. ``I feel like him being knowledgeable about the quarterback position, I feel like we'd probably be in a better situation.''

Owens said on his radio show he merely was agreeing with the opinion of Michael Irvin, the former Dallas wideout and current ESPN broadcaster.

``This is one I really regret,'' Owens said of the interview, adding that some clips were taken out of context. ``I said earlier in the interview that we would have a better record if Donovan wasn't injured.''

Owens previously said on his radio show that he'd prefer to play with Indianapolis' Peyton Manning over McNabb or any quarterback. Last year, Owens couldn't stop praising McNabb after joining the Eagles following eight seasons in San Francisco.

But their relationship soured after Owens took a verbal swipe at McNabb's performance in Philadelphia's loss to New England in the Super Bowl. McNabb responded harshly and the two feuded throughout the summer, not speaking to each other for a prolonged period.

McNabb, a five-time Pro Bowl quarterback who has led the Eagles to four consecutive NFC championship games, has played through several injuries this season, including a sports hernia that will require surgery. He has thrown for 2,034 yards, 15 TDs and seven interceptions while going through some tough stretches.

Owens has 47 catches for 763 yards and six TDs this season.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: November 6, 2005, 01:14:55 am »
Christ Almighty...lets not get on my betting records as of late...its fucking killing me...

Anyway, the soap opera in Philly continues, they just really have to cut ties with him, he's a cancer on the team, and it seems he'd be that way on any team he goes to really if you know what I mean, don't think you'd really want him on Miami, of course the talent is incredible, but way too much  baggage if you ask me...

Watch for the Packers to get a win this weekend, Charlie Batch (3rd String QB) for the Steelers is at the helm, no Big Ben, he's out with knee surgery...  The door is open for a Packer win at Lambeau in what will surely be a close grind it out game if they can pull it out...

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #330 on: November 6, 2005, 01:47:22 am »
Owens is a five star, ocean going pain in the ass and a certifiable head case who wears out his welcome wherever he goes. Can ya get any more selfish than this clown? He loves being the center of attention and the media obliges him accordingly. Its pathetic.

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: November 6, 2005, 03:23:19 am »
He is such an ass its unreal,but then he allways was.

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: November 7, 2005, 04:57:40 am »
NFL Scores for Week 9 (no Pats score yet, I know):

Kansas City 27, Oakland 23 (best game of the day; Chiefs choose to go for the win on the last play of the game and run it in to win it)

Jacksonville 21, Houston 14 (Jags looked awful for most of the game but still beat the hapless Texans)

Cleveland 20, Tennessee 14 (Nobody in the Titans' secondary knows how to tackle)

Cincinnati 21, Baltimore 9 (Bengals just outclassed the awful Ravens in Baltimore)

Carolina 34, Tampa Bay 14 (Panthers are most complete team in the NFC right now; demolished the Bucs in Tampa)

San Diego 31, NY Jets 26 (Tomlinson 4 TD's; Chargers almost get beat at the end by surprising Jets comeback.  Jets headed for 5-11 season).

Minnesota 27, Detroit 14 (Vikings win convincingly between two awful teams)

Atlanta 17, Miami 10 (Not as close as the score indicated; Vick has his best passing game of the year and still gets bitched out by the media)

NY Giants 24, San Francisco 6 (Giants played awful; but the Niners would get their heads handed to them by USC; Eli gets his first away win)

Seattle 33, Arizona 19 (Alexander's 88 yard TD run broke this game open; Cardinals as always are inept)

Chicago 20, New Orleans 17 (Another heartbreaker for the Saints; Chicago at 5-3 is 2 games in front in a horrible division and get the Niners next week)

Pittsburgh 20, Green Bay 10 (Polamalu's fumble recovery and run for a TD broke this open; Packers already have contract ready for Reggie Bush next season)

Washington 17, Philly 10 (Redskins shut down the Eagles run game, like everyone else has done so far; the s*** is about to hit the fan in Philly).

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: November 7, 2005, 05:27:26 am »
Getting towards that time of season when some coaching/front office positions will be put under the pump.

Any odds on the first sackings of the season?
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: November 7, 2005, 05:42:10 am »
Getting towards that time of season when some coaching/front office positions will be put under the pump.

Any odds on the first sackings of the season?

Mike Sherman (Packers), Mike Tice (Vikings), Steve Mariucci (Lions), Dom Capers (Texans), Brian Billick (Ravens)

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: November 7, 2005, 11:57:09 am »
Mike Sherman (Packers), Mike Tice (Vikings), Steve Mariucci (Lions), Dom Capers (Texans), Brian Billick (Ravens)

Don't think Sherman will get sacked as Favre has made is publicly clear that if Sherman goes, Favre will retire, doesn't want to start over in a new system he said...

And yes, Packer fans across the nation and the city of Green Bay welcome Reggie Bush with open arms...

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: November 7, 2005, 05:50:12 pm »
Don't think Sherman will get sacked as Favre has made is publicly clear that if Sherman goes, Favre will retire, doesn't want to start over in a new system he said...

And yes, Packer fans across the nation and the city of Green Bay welcome Reggie Bush with open arms...

If Reggie Bush is not the top pick in the NFL draft next April I will be absolutely shocked.  I know teams with the top pick love to find franchise QB's, and Leinart could be a franchise QB in the NFL, but Bush is a slightly stronger and taller version of Tomlinson...

Other than Leinart there aren't any real franchise QB's who are going to go pro (I think the chances of Vince Young and Brady Quinn going to the NFL after this season are slim).

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Steve Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela and now ScouserTommy37. Stop the repression!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Will there ever be a Rainbow ?
« Reply #337 on: November 7, 2005, 05:54:42 pm »
If Reggie Bush is not the top pick in the NFL draft next April I will be absolutely shocked.  I know teams with the top pick love to find franchise QB's, and Leinart could be a franchise QB in the NFL, but Bush is a slightly stronger and taller version of Tomlinson...

Other than Leinart there aren't any real franchise QB's who are going to go pro (I think the chances of Vince Young and Brady Quinn going to the NFL after this season are slim).

Strating to hope the Jets finish the year last so we can draft Leinart we need a qb for next year.
Come on RAWK lets ave it and you can bring your fuckin dinner as well.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/ <-- Read this JFT96

MICHAEL SHIELDS YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

"If Jamie Carragher were Italian, we'd build entire dynasties around him." Corriere della Sera

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: November 7, 2005, 06:02:13 pm »
Isn't Reggie Bush a junior? I'd love to see him stay at USC and complete the 4 year stay and get his degree. The lure of the money is too much for these kids though especially since careers can be wiped out at any time on any play.

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: November 7, 2005, 06:38:28 pm »
Isn't Reggie Bush a junior? I'd love to see him stay at USC and complete the 4 year stay and get his degree. The lure of the money is too much for these kids though especially since careers can be wiped out at any time on any play.

He's a junior, but if he's projected to be the top pick in the draft, there's almost no way he's staying in school.  USC lucked out when Leinart decided to stay; I'd be astounded if Reggie Bush stays because his stock cannot get any higher.  If USC wins the national championship (which I think they will) Bush is as good as gone to the NFL.

Brady Quinn will almost surely stay in school as his heart is dead-set right now at delivering ND a national championship; Vince Young is going to stay in school because he's not highly rated enough as a QB who can throw the ball and because he wants to deliver Texas a national championship.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2005, 06:42:04 pm by NY-AmericanRed »

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: November 7, 2005, 07:02:44 pm »
From what I saw of Marcus Vick the other night he better keep his ass in school too!

Offline a partridge in seat_5c

• blames English football
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: November 7, 2005, 08:43:55 pm »
can someone please explain to me why the Detroit Lions are so consistently bad year on year?

they must be the worst side ever

I think it's all fixed, just to piss me off
 :wanker

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: November 7, 2005, 09:13:47 pm »
can someone please explain to me why the Detroit Lions are so consistently bad year on year?

they must be the worst side ever

I think it's all fixed, just to piss me off
 :wanker
They're a mess, you're right. Management has to take most of the blame for some dreadful decision making. Four years ago they brought in a guy with no experience whatsoever (Matt Millen) to be the new GM and its been a nightmare since. Millen hired an inept head coach and the draft choices under his guidance have been poor. Somehow he's still got a job but they've gone backwards that's for sure.

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: November 7, 2005, 09:36:29 pm »
Andy Reid and the Eagles have benched Terrell Owens  :banned for the rest of the year...

Philly is in absolute chaos...and I love it.

;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 7, 2005, 09:38:31 pm by NY-AmericanRed »

• Ambassador
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.YNWA.TV
« Reply #344 on: November 7, 2005, 09:57:05 pm »
tonight from NEw England I bring you..

the Colts _ pats game - 4 blokes, an Irish bar and draft beer at $1 a pint.

including smithwicks.

I'll post when I sober up. about thursday I reckon!

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: November 7, 2005, 11:23:44 pm »
From what I saw of Marcus Vick the other night he better keep his ass in school too!

I think that is unfair. The kid is still a Jr., and the Miami Defense was like a quicker version of the Pats' Defense.  Vick didn't have much protection, did he now...  In a year, he will be ready for the NFL.

Offline Vinay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: November 7, 2005, 11:25:36 pm »
Andy Reid and the Eagles have benched Terrell Owens  :banned for the rest of the year...

Philly is in absolute chaos...and I love it.

;D ;D ;D

The Eagles are a fucking joke right now, since last month really. The debacle yesterday should knock some sense in them now, and yeah, forget the playoffs.

Offline Vinay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: November 7, 2005, 11:36:48 pm »
In talking about next year's crop of QB's for the draft, please don't overlook:
Reggie Mc Neal (Sr.) Texas A&M
Jay Cutler (Sr.) Vanderbilt
Walter Washington (Sr.) Temple (They will probably convert him to RB in the NFL anyway)
Brodie Croyle (Sr.) Alabama
Bruce Eugene (Sr. + 1, like Leinhart) Grambling (That is I-AA for you, but still quality!)

All these kids are good enough to play in an NFL team (I am tired of seeing weak ass QB's wasting people's time on national TV during the week-ends.  I don't wanna offend anyone, but it is a pain watching Harrington, Bollinger/Testaverde, Boller, Dilfer these days innit.  Look at The Chargers, they have 2 quality QB's.)  The Pats are cocky - they don't have decent cover for Brady - don't even dare telling me Flutie is good cover..  The Titans had the opportunity of taking Jason White, but it is still a crippled McNair embarrassing himslef every week, with a mediocre Volek as QB.

I will keep updating with more QB's as I get to know their status.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 02:05:39 pm by Vinay »

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: November 7, 2005, 11:40:17 pm »
tonight from NEw England I bring you..

the Colts _ pats game - 4 blokes, an Irish bar and draft beer at $1 a pint.

including smithwicks.

I'll post when I sober up. about thursday I reckon!

jesus, smithwicks, 1$ a pint?!  Almost worth the commute from LI!

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: November 8, 2005, 05:54:05 am »
Colts waxed the Pats, 40-21.  Indy's clearly the cream of the crop in the NFL.

New England will make the playoffs not because their team is great this year, but because the division is abysmal.

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: November 8, 2005, 05:59:58 am »
Couple of pretty bad play calls made by the Pats: onside kick that gifted field position to the Colts in the 3rd was pretty disastrous, it only cost 3 points in the end but it was the game killer.

Brady still had a fantastic game...but the Pats defence is shot to pieces with all those injuries.

Expect the Colts 'unbeaten for the season' media stuff to start up in the next couple of games. They are red hot and have to be Super Bowl favourites right now.
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: November 8, 2005, 06:08:29 am »
Couple of pretty bad play calls made by the Pats: onside kick that gifted field position to the Colts in the 3rd was pretty disastrous, it only cost 3 points in the end but it was the game killer.

Brady still had a fantastic game...but the Pats defence is shot to pieces with all those injuries.

Expect the Colts 'unbeaten for the season' media stuff to start up in the next couple of games. They are red hot and have to be Super Bowl favourites right now.

The team that nobody is talking about that I think will knock the Colts off in the regular season is Jacksonville...they always play the Colts very hard.

Offline Vinay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: November 8, 2005, 02:12:24 pm »

Bad calls no bad calls, they got their ass kicked royally mate. We just have to accept that. The Colts were having none of it, and showed their ruthless approach when they went for a 4th down and for the 2 point conversion at 40-21.

• Ambassador
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.YNWA.TV
« Reply #353 on: November 8, 2005, 03:20:17 pm »
jesus, smithwicks, 1$ a pint?!  Almost worth the commute from LI!

bad news - the price is $2 as I found out. was still able to take the edge off the pats defeat.

that defense needs some help now!

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: November 8, 2005, 03:59:39 pm »
Bad calls no bad calls, they got their ass kicked royally mate. We just have to accept that. The Colts were having none of it, and showed their ruthless approach when they went for a 4th down and for the 2 point conversion at 40-21.

The Colts only punted once in the entire game, and that was with about 1:20 left in the 4th quarter after the game was already completely out of reach.

I thought they were rubbing it in just a little bit by going for 2 when they were up 40-21, because at that point you knew the blowout was on.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: November 9, 2005, 01:43:00 am »
Anyone see Terrell Owens' press conference and lame apology today? The only person in this guy's corner is that slimey agent of his, Drew Rosenhaus. Listening to Rosenhaus you'd swear Owens was the greatest thing since sliced bread and a wonderful humanitarian instead of being arguably the most selfish athlete in North American sport. Of course he's just representing his client the best way he knows how! Fuckin' comical.

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: November 9, 2005, 04:12:17 am »
Anyone see Terrell Owens' press conference and lame apology today? The only person in this guy's corner is that slimey agent of his, Drew Rosenhaus. Listening to Rosenhaus you'd swear Owens was the greatest thing since sliced bread and a wonderful humanitarian instead of being arguably the most selfish athlete in North American sport. Of course he's just representing his client the best way he knows how! Fuckin' comical.

agree wholeheartedly...unbelievable that...

Rosenhaus and Owens both are a disgrace.

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: November 9, 2005, 05:35:07 am »

Rosenhaus just wants his 10% of the contract if you ask me...he's ticked that no team will give TO a long term, big money deal; therefore his own earning power as the guy hanging off TO's coattails is mostly lost.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: November 9, 2005, 12:17:53 pm »
Rosenhaus just wants his 10% of the contract if you ask me...he's ticked that no team will give TO a long term, big money deal; therefore his own earning power as the guy hanging off TO's coattails is mostly lost.
Clearly. Rosenhaus doesn't give a shit about Owens because he's got about 90 other NFL players as clients. He knows full well the guy's an asshole but like you say, he sees dollar signs disappearing in front of his eyes.

Offline rasher

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: November 10, 2005, 09:22:33 pm »
anyone going to the JETS-RAIDERS game on Dec 11th?????