Author Topic: Liverpool vs Leicester City, Anfield, 30th December 2017 at 3.00pm Pre Match  (Read 28655 times)

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
Like most roads around the country mate, made of earth, loam, gravel or bituminous spray sea

They’re a grey colour with poor markings and pot holes everywhere too

;D
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
I think Salah will be rested for one game and Firmino the other, with Salah playing through the middle in whatever game Firmino doesn’t start.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Salah rested today so he can start v Burnley and Everton.Firmino to start today and then play v Everton.

Mané has had a lot of rest recently so I expect him to be quite involved.

Those are my guesses.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
I think Salah will be rested for one game and Firmino the other, with Salah playing through the middle in whatever game Firmino doesn’t start.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Salah rested today so he can start v Burnley and Everton.Firmino to start today and then play v Everton.

Mané has had a lot of rest recently so I expect him to be quite involved.

Those are my guesses.
Mane being involved is imperative for me. Really needs some game time.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No idea what the team will be but I'd be surprised if mane isn't in it. Another three points please!

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
Another three points please!

Or else here is an exclusive snapshot of reds all around the world during New Year's Eve

Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline luckyluke

• A proponent of intercourse during accelerated perambulation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super bonanza extravaganza
Milner probably comes in as LB in one of the next two games as well? Hard to see Robertson lasting two games in the space of 48 hours after the amount of game time he has been getting lately with Moreno's injury.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
I am on for winning manager of the month in our work fantasy footy and need to make a decision on making Salah or Coutinho my captain. My gut instinct is that he (Salah) will play against Leicester and rest against Burnley
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Klopp Your Hands

• And Stompp yer feet!
  • Kopite
  • If you're a Kopite and you know it Klopp ur hands!
I’ll take any kind of win really.

The signing of VvD might make the current CBs pull up their socks and have a blinder in the next couple of games. Migs too if he is playing is seeing we aren’t faffing about and will probably be 100% focussed.

I’ll go with 3-1, never comfortable playing them.
At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I am on for winning manager of the month in our work fantasy footy and need to make a decision on making Salah or Coutinho my captain. My gut instinct is that he (Salah) will play against Leicester and rest against Burnley

Well the leaked team has Salah starting today

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Leaked team?

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Leaked team?
https://twitter.com/LFC_RV/status/946997268569362432

Roopa Verified account @LFC_RV
5h5 hours ago
#LFC XI vs Leicester City: Karius; TAA, Lovren, Matip, Robertson; Can, Milner, Coutinho; Firmino, Mané, Salah 🔴

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Leaked team?

Well some people on twitter have posted the XI so take it with a pinch of salt but apparently it’s:

Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Lovren, Robertson, Emre Can, Milner, Coutinho, Mané, Salah, Firmino.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
I hope those are guesses hate it when teams get leaked early.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good

Its not rocket science to be fair.

Sturridge, Henderson and Moreno we all know are injured.

Really wouldn't take more than three or four guesses to get it right based on whoever is left.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Yep..I don't mind as much if it's posted a couple of hours before the match but that team was leaked really early this morning. It might not give the opposition any significant advantage in this case but if it continues to be a regular occurrence, as it did during that one period under BR, then it does reflect poorly on the management group.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer

I will take that with a pinch of salt......but I hope it's right !
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Well some people on twitter have posted the XI so take it with a pinch of salt but apparently it’s:

Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Lovren, Robertson, Emre Can, Milner, Coutinho, Mané, Salah, Firmino.

I would be very surprised to see all 4 attacking players start.

Although maybe that was the aim of all the earlier rotation? They are now ready for 2 games in 48 hours? But doubt it!
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan

Not saying this isn’t going to be the team but I would be really surprised if, after all the rotating he has done, Klopp plays all 4 of Coutinho, Mane, Salah, and Firmino and doesn’t rotate most of the side for the Burnley match.  I’d hope that he learned a lot from what happened last year and basically set up just about 2 completely different starting 11’s for these two games.  We have the quality in the squad to do it. 

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
Yep..I don't mind as much if it's posted a couple of hours before the match but that team was leaked really early this morning. It might not give the opposition any significant advantage in this case but if it continues to be a regular occurrence, as it did during that one period under BR, then it does reflect poorly on the management group.

Totally get the point you are making but do people really think that opposing teams have people scouring twitter looking for leaked teams?

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
(my snip)Also interesting is how Lovren reacts to VVD news. I am guessing he has known about it for a long while, but it's him who loses out the most when the games thin out a bit and we can afford to play a regular backline (which you would think has Matip and VVD at its heart). I recall Lovren snapping at or walking away from interviewers who asked him about VVD in the summer. Contrast this with Klavan who seems more content and understanding of his role. Don't get me wrong - I expect a professional performance from everyone - but it's surely something of a dynamic on Dejan's mindset.
Another interesting point is that when they were at Southampton (admittedly not at the same time), Lovren appears to have been generally considered the better player by their fans, commentators and metrics. I expect to get pelters for that, especially given who is flavour of the month of the two, but that was how it was back then. Remember, our scouting team would have known about van Dijk, but chose to spend 7 times more on Lovren then (when vvd came to them for £3m ish, Lovren was over three times that for them as well, but earlier), and Van Dijk was out injured for about a third of his time there, a far worse injury record. We (probably mainly Klopp) have managed to extrapolate a remarkable market value from such a small playing sample. I am of course expecting him to be brilliant, when settled in.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool vs Leicester City, Anfield, 30th December 2017 at 3.00pm Pre Match
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2017, 01:07:44 pm »
Can and Milner in midfield, yikes.

Offline The Final Third

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool vs Leicester City, Anfield, 30th December 2017 at 3.00pm Pre Match
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2017, 01:10:17 pm »
Totally get the point you are making but do people really think that opposing teams have people scouring twitter looking for leaked teams?

That's hardly likely to be the case to be fair but information gathering these days doesn't have to be actively performed..apps and programs do that for you as does social media sharing..information is instantly disseminated these days. With regards to leaked teams it can become a real concern if the leak is a regular and timely one I suppose.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2017, 01:18:01 pm »
That's hardly likely to be the case to be fair but information gathering these days doesn't have to be actively performed..apps and programs do that for you as does social media sharing..information is instantly disseminated these days. With regards to leaked teams it can become a real concern if the leak is a regular and timely one I suppose.

Right, but then we would see all clubs releasing fake 11’s from multiple accounts on social media before every game. 

Offline The Final Third

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2017, 01:35:15 pm »
Right, but then we would see all clubs releasing fake 11’s from multiple accounts on social media before every game.

Yeah that's not what we're talking about is it..

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2017, 01:39:48 pm »
https://twitter.com/LFC_RV/status/946997268569362432

Roopa Verified account @LFC_RV
5h5 hours ago
#LFC XI vs Leicester City: Karius; TAA, Lovren, Matip, Robertson; Can, Milner, Coutinho; Firmino, Mané, Salah 🔴

Is there any reason to trust them? Have they been accurate before? A verified tick doesn't mean anything other than that the person can prove that they are who they say they are.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2017, 01:46:14 pm »
Is there any reason to trust them? Have they been accurate before? A verified tick doesn't mean anything other than that the person can prove that they are who they say they are.
No idea mate. Someone had asked for the leaked team, so just posted with the source.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2017, 01:48:23 pm »
Y.N.W.A.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2017, 01:48:52 pm »
Can and Milner in midfield, yikes.

If true rather have them playing this type of team than against Burnley where we will need to be more patient and try and unlock them - Burnley is a game where Lallana or Coutinho should start - maybe both.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2017, 01:50:11 pm »

Nice to see Phil Brown’s still making good use of that earpiece.

Offline Yanwoo

• Internet. Serious business.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2017, 01:51:15 pm »

Is that Jason McAteer in the background providing security?

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2017, 01:53:27 pm »
Prediction: a mistake by one of our defenders, followed by a shot of van Dijk in the crowd.

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2017, 01:54:12 pm »
dont both Mane and Salah will fly off after this game abd back before FA?...so.. rest them now?!
FAN= with one eye open to see all the goodies of a player, with the other eye and ear shut....

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2017, 01:54:55 pm »
Is Lallana ready to start yet? He's not played much since coming back, so I guess not, but I hope it's soon. We'll need him in the upcoming games.

Offline Yanwoo

• Internet. Serious business.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2017, 01:54:56 pm »
Prediction: a mistake by one of our defenders, followed by a shot of van Dijk in the crowd.

Ha...yeah. Maybe shaking his head, or his head in his hands?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2017, 01:55:03 pm »

Capon klaxon

Needs some Milk Tray and sausages

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2017, 01:55:32 pm »

Lol almost a certainty. As is one of the centre backs making a cracking tackle and a shot of vvd with "I guess they didn't need to spend so much derpp de derp"

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2017, 01:55:45 pm »
Leicester under Ranieri and Shakespeare were "not guts, no glory", but Southampton under Puel last season was a proper nightmare. Didn't beat them in 4 games, and the 0-0 at Anfield in the league was a proper shit show. I'm wary of Puel employing the same tactics today - after all, why change a formula that's worked against us for him several times in the past.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2017, 01:55:48 pm »
dont both Mane and Salah will fly off after this game abd back before FA?...so.. rest them now?!

Available for Burnley too.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2017, 01:56:06 pm »
Nice to see Phil Brown’s still making good use of that earpiece.

:lmao brilliant spot

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2017, 01:56:53 pm »
I'd be quite pissed of at that if I was a Southampton fan given that he's still their player. But I'm not a Southampton fan, so fuck them. Great to see him at a big club for the first time in his career.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT