Author Topic: Are you enjoying it?  (Read 172696 times)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Reply #320 on: February 5, 2017, 01:27:20 pm »
glancing back at the fixtures, there's only a couple of games ive really enjoyed since about November...so, no...not enjoying it that much...but as i consider the default position of the footy fan to be 50% optimism, and 50% discontent, it doesn't overly concern me
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #321 on: February 5, 2017, 01:58:55 pm »
Watching our games the last few months is the closest we'll ever probably get to living out Groundhog Day in real life. A true test of monotony.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #322 on: February 5, 2017, 05:38:34 pm »
Not since the Stoke game I've not.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #323 on: February 5, 2017, 05:41:15 pm »
Yep. Adversity can be positive in terms of how you bounce back from it. Our lads have painted themselves into a corner and now, together with Klopp, need to figure out what's wrong because everyone expects results; Klopp especially, I find his potential reactions exciting.

Sure, every loss is a gut punch, but it's still great loving this club.

Results aren't everything. We're still on for Top 4, and some of the longterm potential I find mouthwatering remains in place  :)

Offline DPB RED

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #324 on: February 5, 2017, 05:49:44 pm »
I was having a whale of a time until 2017;raised its ugly head and decided to give us a kick in the bollocks twice every week. My nuts are so sore now iam starting to walk and talk funny.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2017, 05:52:57 pm by DPB RED »

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #325 on: February 5, 2017, 06:11:09 pm »
Am I enjoying watching a world class manager losing against Hull etc? No of course I'm not.

Every game against "lower" quality teams is getting so predictable.

We are crap against teams who defend in numbers, who have tall defenders and one or two fast forwards.

Why do we perform well against the better sides but not against the rest? I'm beginning to think that it is attitude.
#JFT97

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #326 on: February 5, 2017, 06:25:59 pm »
No.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: February 7, 2017, 09:30:39 am »
Last dream I had this morning was Liverpool had Chelsea in the FA cup semi final and Everton had Arsenal.. that's the extent of my enjoyment so far this year.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline northern Monkey

• Kopite
« Reply #328 on: February 7, 2017, 09:56:54 am »
Good thread. Hadn't seen it during our good run but then I was too busy basking in our glorious play..

Hard to enjoy recent weeks but I absolutely was before that.  What I find more painful is the element of fans failing to grasp the meaning of "support" during bad times.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: February 7, 2017, 10:21:30 am »
Yes weirdly enough I am still enjoying it. While 2017 has been crap as far as results are concerned there is no denying. But I still feel incredibly optimistic for the future. For me it's just part of the journey we are making with Klopp. As he understands more about the Premier League and what he needs to do, it will be fascinating to see how he implements it all. We need more skilfull players to take advantage of all the possession we now create. That will be the next step and that excites me.  :)

As far as this seasons concerned one game at a time. We will get our winning streak back, we are too good not too. For all the bumps in the road that we hit, this is what will make it all the more worthwhile. No team gains success without moments such as these. We will get there and it will be these experiences that will make us stronger.

I'm enjoying the journey too.

It was fascinating seeing how much we improved with just the tweak from playing 4231 to going 433.  To bringing in Mane and Gini, moving Lallana to midfield and playing Milner at LB.  How during last summers transfer window everybody was trying to work out how the new lads would fit in or even how they would make a difference, and then the "Oh, that's worked well then, who'd a thought" surprise at how well we played.

I agree that without the poor performances and results there's nothing much to learn about what still needs to be done, who and where we need to strengthen, who out of the young lads can be trusted next season or further into the future, who can leave and who must stay.

Despite the bad run we're in, I'm looking forward to seeing how or if we can turn it around, I'm still excited about where we'll finish and contrary to the whinges about the lack of investment from the owners or Jurgens seeming unwillingness to spend big, if he can improve us again in the summer to the same extent we saw pre 2017, who cares how much we spend or profit from player ins and outs.

No journey is plain sailing, the ups and downs are what makes the destination even more exciting.  Some may think we'll never get there but we never will if we keep turning round and going home without trying.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: February 7, 2017, 10:31:55 am »
Yes, absolutely, overall. As a couple of posters have said above, temporary stumbling blocks at the moment. It is a conumdrum that Klopp & Co will have to figure out and that is grand because when we do then that's the low blockers and thats about 70% of who you are gonna face in this league.
I love having him as manager. I am delighted that he is there.
It has been great since he came and that is with a squad (team) that is pretty much stacked with players he inherited.

One more point, no-one ever gets what they want all the time, least of all on a football field. I am enjoying the ride tho' not enjoying some of our recent performances.

Offline Jfor83

• Main Stander
« Reply #331 on: February 7, 2017, 11:38:52 am »
Defo not this past month or so! Was sound before then :D
I enjoy going the game less and less as anfield is embarrassing.

Offline il_principino

• Main Stander
  • You will never walk alone!
« Reply #332 on: February 7, 2017, 12:10:52 pm »
For those who are overly depressed with the current progress of the squad and Klopp should read the reddit thread of BVB for some light at the end of the tunnel.

---Aesthetic is everything------

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #333 on: February 7, 2017, 03:19:59 pm »
6 years of Klopp. Enjoy the fucking ride you bunch of pussies.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #334 on: February 7, 2017, 03:23:42 pm »
6 years of Klopp. Enjoy the fucking ride you bunch of pussies.

Good one.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: February 7, 2017, 03:24:40 pm »
I love having him as manager. I am delighted that he is there.
It has been great since he came and that is with a squad (team) that is pretty much stacked with players he inherited.

He's a fantastic personality, seems a great fit with the club, good fun to listen to and watch, a great character. But is he doing as well as we expected/hoped, really?

54 - Jürgen Klopp has an identical record to Brendan Rodgers in his opening 54 Premier League games as Liverpool boss (W26 D16 L12)

Not worth adding this last bit as RAWK form dictates I'll be ignored/disbelieved/slagged to hell, but I am still for giving him the rest of the contract.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: February 7, 2017, 03:34:48 pm »
He's a fantastic personality, seems a great fit with the club, good fun to listen to and watch, a great character. But is he doing as well as we expected/hoped, really?

Not worth adding this last bit as RAWK form dictates I'll be ignored/disbelieved/slagged to hell, but I am still for giving him the rest of the contract.

It's worthless you cannot compare the seasons they have had, they're entirely different.

As for the question then I would say yes. He comes in October, revitalizes both the squad and fanbase, he takes us to two finals. Not a bad start.

This season, his first full season, he gets us playing wonderful football, we beat Arsenal away, we beat Chelsea away. We led the Premier League, we have scored more goals than anyone else. We are currently fourteen points better off than we were last season. Yes we're not going through a great spell now, but you what, every other team above us have had their bad runs this season too. We will get out of this. Maybe I can ask you a question, considering this is his first proper season what more where you expecting?

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: February 7, 2017, 03:37:48 pm »
I mean that's not bad considering we had a bunch of games that we heavily rotated for so we could get to the Europa League final. It's a good starting point as it was with Rodgers. If we have the same problems in 18 months time then we can talk about it not going as well as we hoped/expected, in the same way that Rodgers never was able to sort out some of his issues here which caused concern.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: February 7, 2017, 03:46:06 pm »
Well I'm still bloody enjoying it!

Best manager this club could hope for - fits like a glove.

1 and a half seasons of the man - 2 cup finals, more goals scored than any other team, into Feb and we're 1 point off 4th, 4 points off 2nd with that 2nd placed team due to visit us next weekend.

Scintillating football at times.

Never like seeing us go through bad patches but having Klopp at the helm makes it so much easier to deal with as you just know we'll see it through soon enough.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: February 7, 2017, 03:50:41 pm »
Maybe I can ask you a question, considering this is his first proper season what more where you expecting?

Maybe the ability to do something to halt an appalling run, remember this has not been against top teams (with the exception of Chelsea). Every game I've watched this year has been exactly the same, with more or less the same result. The only thing differing has been the colour of the oppositions kit. Surely he can do something to halt the slump. Perhaps in his defence 90% of our team are shite, I don't know. We have quite clearly been found out when teams from all leagues are successfully using the same tactics against us.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: February 7, 2017, 03:59:27 pm »
Maybe the ability to do something to halt an appalling run, remember this has not been against top teams (with the exception of Chelsea). Every game I've watched this year has been exactly the same, with more or less the same result. The only thing differing has been the colour of the oppositions kit. Surely he can do something to halt the slump. Perhaps in his defence 90% of our team are shite, I don't know. We have quite clearly been found out when teams from all leagues are successfully using the same tactics against us.

I find it amazing that you think he hasn't been. He will have had a week to work with the team, and I imagine they will be working on things in training. But seriously sometimes it does take a while to stop a slump. Spurs went through a stage when they had only won one game in ten. So even there it's not immediate. It can take a while to halt a run like this, especially when the team's confidence has taken a hit.

But if you really think he has been doing nothing then you don't know this manager well. He will find a solution, and once we do we can build again. But all in all this has been a positive season and one slump in form doesn't make it any less so.

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #341 on: February 7, 2017, 04:01:18 pm »
Enjoyed last season a lot more.

Was enjoying till November'ish.

Going the game since then has been one kick in the balls after another.

You can enjoy moments, individual games, theres a lot of truth in that I think, football being about days or nights rather than seasons. I'll remember games I enjoyed that had nothing riding on them but its not the same level of enjoyment. If we beat spurs I'll love that in the moment but in the back
of my mind I'll know it really counts for very little.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: February 7, 2017, 05:10:48 pm »
Don't really post on here that much anymore due to the utter shite that gets spouted and the constant bickering, especially since the turn of the year. Find myself browsing on my phone more out of habit than choice due to using the usually excellent forum for nearly a decade. Don't really know what has made me post this either to be honest, maybe it's just to vent some frustration, maybe offer some rational and realistic thinking of our season, or time, under Klopp so far.

7, 6, 8, 7, 2, 6, 8. My old man sent me an email with that as the subject title. I knew straight away what it was; one of those fucking stupid number 'trick sequences' and for a brief moment I was trying to figure out the next number. Part of the problem is people started to think the next number was 1. It probably isn't. It did quickly dawn on me (I think the 2 gave it away due to it looking out of place) that it is in fact our league positions over the last few years. Well, it's not even a 'few' years as it's more than half a decade. Two 8th placed finishes, two 7th placed finishes and two 6th placed finishes in 7 seasons of football. Yet, when we find ourselves in fifth place, able to move within 1 point of 2nd by close of play next weekend, I'm seeing Klopp should be gone (not so much on here as on Twitter), that we are in a crisis and even the Echo likening him to Brendan. I love Brendan by the way, but Klopp is different fucking gravy. Granted 2017 hasn't exactly been great, but the fact we are still where we are a run of results which fits right in with most of our last 7 seasons, we still find ourselves right in the mix at getting back to the Champions League. I miss that music so much, goosebumps every time.

We're sitting in 5th, 4 points behind a Spurs side who have finished above us with much more frequency than they ever have done. A side who has got together a fantastic group of players who are consistent and play a good brand of football with a coach tipped to go to the very top. We are 3 points behind a City side with surplus amounts of cash, a very strong squad with a world class forward and one of the best coaches of this era. Laughably people said they were in crisis a few weeks ago. Then again those people said Chelsea were too after losing to us and Arsenal and that we were on course for the title. Amazing how quickly things can change. We're also 1 point behind an Arsenal side who are always fucking there and won't budge from the top four spots yet every year we ask if it is the year they finally miss out. This year possibly more than ever although I wouldn't be putting any money on it. We are also a point ahead of a United side who have spent a lot of money on some very good players under a manager who has been there and done it in this league. Ourselves? We don't make any big noises in the transfer market and are getting on with things with a relatively weak squad when injuries and luck deplete it over busy periods. Losing both Coutinho and/then Mane was a massive blow doing the most busiest time of the season and we have suffered because of it. It's not the sole reason, but it is a huge reason. You take any of those other sides two best players out consecutively over the christmas and new year period and they'd suffer too.

Klopp being seemingly reluctant to drop Emre Can from midfield even when he has our best midfield (based on this season) available doesn't help. I'm a big Emre fan and it appears Klopp is too. So hopefully he plays his way out of this current rut, which isn't as bad as people are making out. But I do want to see the other 3 in midfield again for now. Also, his refusal to let Sakho just apologise, serve his time and come back in when our first choice centre back pairing cant string a consistent run of games between them doesn't help. That situation gets magnified with their deputies being a midfielder who's legs are so shot he has been moved to back up centre back, and a young lad who's barely played a senior game in the position and has had horrible injury problems are two other big factors. We have Klavan as well, who looks a decent back up but due to the first choice two being unavailable far too much he has played more than he should and has been exposed. I'm on the fence with the Sakho situation and certainly don't want to go over it but what I will say is that Klopp deserves to and has earned enough trust to allow us to back him on that decision. Because I know he will rectify it in the summer. And while on the subject of defenders, we are plodding along with good, honest Milner at left back. A great player to have in the squad who will be a good player anywhere on the pitch, but over a prolonged period he will get caught out and any weaknesses exposed in unfamiliar positions if he spends too much time there. Again, Klopp has earned our trust and will rectify it in the summer. I simply refuse to believe he won't. Add to this that a striker who has shown has a world class scoring touch refuses to buy into the philosophy and that world class touch seemingly disappearing, it's a fucking miracle we are where we are. And I haven't even mentioned the goalkeeping situation. Miracle indeed.

The fact some people were even talking about the title highlights just how much good work Klopp has done but also how some of our fanbase has become deluded. Maybe deluded is too strong (not for some mind) but I'm surprised at just how many people thought we could do it. Top four was my hope for the season, fighting for it being the bare minimum. The aforementioned problems plus the horrible luck with Coutinho and Mane meant it would all get a little difficult at some point. i'll admit I didn't think we'd see such a bad run of form but then I didn't think we'd see such a good run at the beginning of the season. Maybe if we'd have evened all the results out a bit more people wouldn't have been deluding themselves of the title and others wouldn't have been calling crisis now? I'm just glad we got ourselves into such a good position that we can dust ourselves down now and go again and it shouldn't affect us too much.

I don't even know if this post even belongs in this thread so I will just have to add; yes I am fucking enjoying it. If you're not, just type Jurgen Klopp into Youtube, look at a few gifs, watch a few vids of that manic laugh. Maybe watch that Dortmund game again, or some highlights from earlier in the season. You'll enjoy it then and might even get behind everyone. If you don't; fuck off.  :wave
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: February 7, 2017, 05:14:43 pm »
Don't really post on here that much anymore due to the utter shite that gets spouted and the constant bickering, especially since the turn of the year. Find myself browsing on my phone more out of habit than choice due to using the usually excellent forum for nearly a decade. Don't really know what has made me post this either to be honest, maybe it's just to vent some frustration, maybe offer some rational and realistic thinking of our season, or time, under Klopp so far.

7, 6, 8, 7, 2, 6, 8. My old man sent me an email with that as the subject title. I knew straight away what it was; one of those fucking stupid number 'trick sequences' and for a brief moment I was trying to figure out the next number. Part of the problem is people started to think the next number was 1. It probably isn't. It did quickly dawn on me (I think the 2 gave it away due to it looking out of place) that it is in fact our league positions over the last few years. Well, it's not even a 'few' years as it's more than half a decade. Two 8th placed finishes, two 7th placed finishes and two 6th placed finishes in 7 seasons of football. Yet, when we find ourselves in fifth place, able to move within 1 point of 2nd by close of play next weekend, I'm seeing Klopp should be gone (not so much on here as on Twitter), that we are in a crisis and even the Echo likening him to Brendan. I love Brendan by the way, but Klopp is different fucking gravy. Granted 2017 hasn't exactly been great, but the fact we are still where we are a run of results which fits right in with most of our last 7 seasons, we still find ourselves right in the mix at getting back to the Champions League. I miss that music so much, goosebumps every time.

We're sitting in 5th, 4 points behind a Spurs side who have finished above us with much more frequency than they ever have done. A side who has got together a fantastic group of players who are consistent and play a good brand of football with a coach tipped to go to the very top. We are 3 points behind a City side with surplus amounts of cash, a very strong squad with a world class forward and one of the best coaches of this era. Laughably people said they were in crisis a few weeks ago. Then again those people said Chelsea were too after losing to us and Arsenal and that we were on course for the title. Amazing how quickly things can change. We're also 1 point behind an Arsenal side who are always fucking there and won't budge from the top four spots yet every year we ask if it is the year they finally miss out. This year possibly more than ever although I wouldn't be putting any money on it. We are also a point ahead of a United side who have spent a lot of money on some very good players under a manager who has been there and done it in this league. Ourselves? We don't make any big noises in the transfer market and are getting on with things with a relatively weak squad when injuries and luck deplete it over busy periods. Losing both Coutinho and/then Mane was a massive blow doing the most busiest time of the season and we have suffered because of it. It's not the sole reason, but it is a huge reason. You take any of those other sides two best players out consecutively over the christmas and new year period and they'd suffer too.

Klopp being seemingly reluctant to drop Emre Can from midfield even when he has our best midfield (based on this season) available doesn't help. I'm a big Emre fan and it appears Klopp is too. So hopefully he plays his way out of this current rut, which isn't as bad as people are making out. But I do want to see the other 3 in midfield again for now. Also, his refusal to let Sakho just apologise, serve his time and come back in when our first choice centre back pairing cant string a consistent run of games between them doesn't help. That situation gets magnified with their deputies being a midfielder who's legs are so shot he has been moved to back up centre back, and a young lad who's barely played a senior game in the position and has had horrible injury problems are two other big factors. We have Klavan as well, who looks a decent back up but due to the first choice two being unavailable far too much he has played more than he should and has been exposed. I'm on the fence with the Sakho situation and certainly don't want to go over it but what I will say is that Klopp deserves to and has earned enough trust to allow us to back him on that decision. Because I know he will rectify it in the summer. And while on the subject of defenders, we are plodding along with good, honest Milner at left back. A great player to have in the squad who will be a good player anywhere on the pitch, but over a prolonged period he will get caught out and any weaknesses exposed in unfamiliar positions if he spends too much time there. Again, Klopp has earned our trust and will rectify it in the summer. I simply refuse to believe he won't. Add to this that a striker who has shown has a world class scoring touch refuses to buy into the philosophy and that world class touch seemingly disappearing, it's a fucking miracle we are where we are. And I haven't even mentioned the goalkeeping situation. Miracle indeed.

The fact some people were even talking about the title highlights just how much good work Klopp has done but also how some of our fanbase has become deluded. Maybe deluded is too strong (not for some mind) but I'm surprised at just how many people thought we could do it. Top four was my hope for the season, fighting for it being the bare minimum. The aforementioned problems plus the horrible luck with Coutinho and Mane meant it would all get a little difficult at some point. i'll admit I didn't think we'd see such a bad run of form but then I didn't think we'd see such a good run at the beginning of the season. Maybe if we'd have evened all the results out a bit more people wouldn't have been deluding themselves of the title and others wouldn't have been calling crisis now? I'm just glad we got ourselves into such a good position that we can dust ourselves down now and go again and it shouldn't affect us too much.

I don't even know if this post even belongs in this thread so I will just have to add; yes I am fucking enjoying it. If you're not, just type Jurgen Klopp into Youtube, look at a few gifs, watch a few vids of that manic laugh. Maybe watch that Dortmund game again, or some highlights from earlier in the season. You'll enjoy it then and might even get behind everyone. If you don't; fuck off.  :wave

It is good to see you post on here again. Great post.  :wellin

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #344 on: February 7, 2017, 06:33:35 pm »

Good post mate.  :wellin

It is hard to enjoy the weekly guff that is served up by the team at the moment but Klopp is the man to turn it round.

Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: February 7, 2017, 11:41:53 pm »

7, 6, 8, 7, 2, 6, 8.........

That'll do me.

Offline Joff123

• Anny Roader
  • They say our days our numbered
    • Twitter
« Reply #346 on: February 9, 2017, 10:20:50 am »
We are still 5th and a four points off 2nd.. who we play saturday so that could be reduced to 1.

I'm still enjoying and we'll go full steam ahead in the league now we have our best squad/11 back together.

Onwards and upwards, no time for sulking or moaning, whats done is done.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: February 9, 2017, 12:43:45 pm »
We are still 5th and a four points off 2nd.. who we play saturday so that could be reduced to 1.

I'm still enjoying and we'll go full steam ahead in the league now we have our best squad/11 back together.

Onwards and upwards, no time for sulking or moaning, whats done is done.

I think we'll beat Spurs on Saturday and with the long rest after the game, we'll be back to our very best for our next game.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: February 9, 2017, 05:13:59 pm »
I'm enjoying the football.  The ups and downs - which are expected when we are building something under Klopp.

I'm not enjoying our fans constant negativity, slagging off certain players or FSG when we have a few bad results.

Patience is needed. 

YNWA - we are currently in a storm, but if we show faith and patience hopefully we'll see that golden sky sooner rather than later.

Dortmund weren't instantly great under Klopp, it took two years for him to change the squad, coach them into that impressive team. 

We need more 'believers' too many 'doubters' here at present.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: February 9, 2017, 05:20:30 pm »
I'm enjoying the football.  The ups and downs - which are expected when we are building something under Klopp.

I'm not enjoying our fans constant negativity, slagging off certain players or FSG when we have a few bad results.

Patience is needed. 

YNWA - we are currently in a storm, but if we show faith and patience hopefully we'll see that golden sky sooner rather than later.

Dortmund weren't instantly great under Klopp, it took two years for him to change the squad, coach them into that impressive team. 

We need more 'believers' too many 'doubters' here at present.

:wellin

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: February 10, 2017, 06:51:58 am »
First mini-crisis for Klopp. You'd be crazy to enjoy the last few weeks but the most dissappointing thing has been the bed wetting from so many fans. Yes people have a template to beat us but we have a thoughtful manager who's bound to find solutions. We'll find a way out of the slump. How soon? fuck knows but we'll get there. The enjoyment will return.

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #351 on: February 10, 2017, 09:58:55 pm »
Definitely not enjoying, how can anyone enjoy the football we're playing at the moment? It's not all red and rosey. Beginning of the season was beautiful, I want us to play like that again. Ofcourse there'll be ups and downs but the way we're playing right now is just painful viewing. Hopefully it gets sorted soon.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: February 10, 2017, 10:06:34 pm »
Definitely not enjoying, how can anyone enjoy the football we're playing at the moment? It's not all red and rosey. Beginning of the season was beautiful, I want us to play like that again. Ofcourse there'll be ups and downs but the way we're playing right now is just painful viewing. Hopefully it gets sorted soon.

We will play like that again, we just need to regain some confidence and belief. The summer will bring changes, hopefully with European football to look forward to.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: February 10, 2017, 10:09:46 pm »
7, 6, 8, 7, 2, 6, 8.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4NO-h9PFum4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4NO-h9PFum4</a>

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: February 10, 2017, 10:14:21 pm »
No I'm not. Sloppy fucking losses against poor teams. Conceding 50 fucking goals a season. Goalkeepers, bad full backs .... no wingers ..... no Mascherano DM .....  no 20 a goal season striker since Torres (Suarez seems a fever dream)

.... no, same as last 5 seasons  :(

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #355 on: February 10, 2017, 11:29:40 pm »
Still am generally, purely for the fact that Klopp is ours.

But if there's a single person who can say categorically they are...in this specific thread on RAWK, then they must be lying. Because this current run of form is bringing out the very worst in our fans, and that's sad to see. The S*n boycott, a programme about Lovren and refugees, one of our best players getting a contract extension, a tribute walkway outside Anfield, Steven Gerrard returning as youth coach. All used by the same people to slag the club off. It's unrelenting at the moment. I know there's various 'RAWK Meltdown' threads and accounts on various 5th rate forums, but this is the first time I've witnessed it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: February 10, 2017, 11:40:04 pm »
Still am generally, purely for the fact that Klopp is ours.

But if there's a single person who can say categorically they are...in this specific thread on RAWK, then they must be lying. Because this current run of form is bringing out the very worst in our fans, and that's sad to see. The S*n boycott, a programme about Lovren and refugees, one of our best players getting a contract extension, a tribute walkway outside Anfield, Steven Gerrard returning as youth coach. All used by the same people to slag the club off. It's unrelenting at the moment. I know there's various 'RAWK Meltdown' threads and accounts on various 5th rate forums, but this is the first time I've witnessed it.

Wise up Pops. We've won 1 trophy in 10 years and we laugh at Arsenal?

.... no fucking maverick .....

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #357 on: February 10, 2017, 11:43:24 pm »

Good...point? I think?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: February 10, 2017, 11:57:23 pm »

I don't laugh at or care about Arsenal. Although if we'd been as well run for the last 20 years we'd be in a much stronger position financially.  Then again only people who achieve nothing in life spend their time lamenting the past.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #359 on: February 11, 2017, 01:10:58 am »
I am as gutted as anyone at our recent string of losses, especially with the timing of one of them and why it would have meant something big to me..

But we are in a bad patch, you have to overall be enjoying it surely? We are at the right end of the table and the points margin is still doable, our manager alone makes every press conference a delight, even the losses are heartening because he's protective, but you know behind closed doors he's taking no shit.

Even in this lame little period, LFC is making me dream  :)