Author Topic: Luis Díaz (Luis Fernando Díaz Marulanda)  (Read 433619 times)

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Luis Díaz (Luis Fernando Díaz Marulanda)
« Reply #4120 on: March 10, 2024, 06:59:00 pm »
Maybe I’m a bit glass half full but the lad left everything on the pitch and did everything but score … kept creating all game long and showed real commitment … the one on one .. a couple of inches the other way and he’d be the hero …

I’m with you. He was really unlucky today. Worked his arse off. A couple of times he just didn’t quite have the finishing touch, a couple of times the ball in to him made it impossible for him. But he never gave up believing. Small margins in the end.

Offline art03

• Kopite
« Reply #4121 on: March 10, 2024, 07:37:24 pm »
He played great. I think we don't appreciate how fast paced the game was at those crucial moments. I believe Darwin got used to it now and you can see the results. I have no doubt that Diaz will get there too. Unlucky not to score at least 1 of those chances.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4122 on: March 10, 2024, 07:41:28 pm »
He played great. I think we don't appreciate how fast paced the game was at those crucial moments. I believe Darwin got used to it now and you can see the results. I have no doubt that Diaz will get there too. Unlucky not to score at least 1 of those chances.

It shouldn't take 4 seasons to get used to it.

Maybe this is just what he is, he's not unlucky its just poor finishing.

I guess the encouraging thing is his making more of these type of runs, but at 27 he should really be approaching more of  polished article.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4123 on: March 10, 2024, 07:43:49 pm »
Let’s not forget he had to put in the full 90 minutes as well. Again.

His work rate is off the scale. But the sheer number of minutes he has had to play recently is going to have an effect on his performance. I dread him getting injured.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4124 on: March 10, 2024, 07:44:31 pm »
He is clearly in tune now. He's just not the most composed in front of goal and this isn’t based on only this game. If he could improve on that aspect of his game, he'll be bagging 20 per season.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 07:49:45 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #4125 on: March 10, 2024, 07:46:13 pm »
Will have to watch the highlights to see how big his miss was but that mazy run he did was off the charts…put in a solid performance when on the wing

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #4126 on: March 10, 2024, 07:53:45 pm »
Brilliant today. Anyone saying he’s not good enough is bonkers. Yes he should probably have scored at least one of those chances. But they aren’t dissimilar to the kind of chances Darwin was missing before and he’s more of a striker.
Diaz runs players into the ground, anyone who wants rid, should leave themselves
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4127 on: March 10, 2024, 07:55:54 pm »
Brilliant today. Anyone saying he’s not good enough is bonkers. Yes he should probably have scored at least one of those chances. But they aren’t dissimilar to the kind of chances Darwin was missing before and he’s more of a striker.
Diaz runs players into the ground, anyone who wants rid, should leave themselves

His best game by a mile.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4128 on: March 10, 2024, 07:59:58 pm »

Quite strange because the statisticians only had us missing 2 big chances in the whole game.
That’s because he never got a shot off on two occasions because his first touch was poor so it doesn’t count as a missed chance.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline swish

• Main Stander
« Reply #4129 on: March 10, 2024, 08:00:09 pm »
he had walker on the backfoot in that 2nd half, Also if he goes down from the rodri challenge thats a 2nd yellow

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4130 on: March 10, 2024, 08:01:57 pm »
That’s because he never got a shot off on two occasions because his first touch was poor so it doesn’t count as a missed chance.

Yep, his best opportunity was actually not the little cross/pass Nunez gave to him from the right wing, but when he was basically clear on goal if he had a better touch from a central pass from i think Nunez again?

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4131 on: March 10, 2024, 08:02:55 pm »
Well done to him

Nunez got the benefit of the doubt for ages despite missing chances, Luis deserves the same. He's getting into the positions

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #4132 on: March 10, 2024, 08:06:30 pm »
Played very well outside the box but needs to be taking the chances when the margins are so thin in games like these.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4133 on: March 10, 2024, 08:06:43 pm »
Yep, his best opportunity was actually not the little cross/pass Nunez gave to him from the right wing, but when he was basically clear on goal if he had a better touch from a central pass from i think Nunez again?
Yeah Nunez set him up twice and Salah once.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4134 on: March 10, 2024, 08:08:35 pm »
 Championed this kid for a while, exceptional is going lightly in praise. Key to everything we do and a ‘ first name on the team sheet’ player. Just needs to start hitting the back of the net and he’s probably the best player in the league then.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #4135 on: March 10, 2024, 08:30:24 pm »
Absolutely outstanding today, barely any players have Walker on toast (barring Mane), hes got that yard of pace back after the injury, he wants to take on defenders at every opportunity, energy levels off the scale, brilliant to see.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4136 on: March 10, 2024, 08:31:46 pm »
Absolutely outstanding today, barely any players have Walker on toast (barring Mane), hes got that yard of pace back after the injury, he wants to take on defenders at every opportunity, energy levels off the scale, brilliant to see.
👍

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4137 on: March 10, 2024, 08:53:00 pm »
Thought Walker marshalled him well in the first half, but fuck me what a second half he produced. If he’d put one of those chances away you’d be talking about an all time performance there.

The lad will be devastated that he didn’t get us over the line today, so hopefully we pick him up as fans in our next match.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #4138 on: March 10, 2024, 09:07:16 pm »
Ridiculously brilliant with the ball at his feet. Dribbled at though he had magnets on his boots.

A shame his finishing was off, as it would have been a historic performance.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #4139 on: March 10, 2024, 09:09:53 pm »
He’s playing himself back into form. Brilliant player, just needs little of that composure in front of the goal and then he’ll be one best in the league, I’m sure of it.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4140 on: March 10, 2024, 09:14:31 pm »
Love his hard work and industry, but the simple fact is that he doesn't have the composure to be good enough to start for the best team in Europe. 

If you could swap him out for a young Mane you would everyday of the week.  Is a young Mane-like available?  No idea.  If not he'll do just fine and an excellent squad / rotation option.

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #4141 on: March 10, 2024, 09:25:11 pm »
Maybe his best performance in a Liverpool shirt that since before his injury last year. Just didn't have the finishing. That run middle of the second half when he somehow wins a corner after being challenged like 5 times running from the halfway line was insane.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4142 on: March 10, 2024, 09:27:40 pm »
4 weeks ago he couldn’t beat an egg, now he’s beating his own shadow. 

He’s coming into a hot streak of form. He will score goals. No doubt.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4143 on: March 10, 2024, 09:57:41 pm »
Love his hard work and industry, but the simple fact is that he doesn't have the composure to be good enough to start for the best team in Europe. 

If you could swap him out for a young Mane you would everyday of the week.  Is a young Mane-like available?  No idea.  If not he'll do just fine and an excellent squad / rotation option.

Yes, I would imagine Sadio would have scored one of those chances. But players like Sadio don’t come along very often.

Luis Diaz is an exceptional player in his own right and one of the best out there in that position currently

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4144 on: March 10, 2024, 10:00:14 pm »
he had walker on the backfoot in that 2nd half, Also if he goes down from the rodri challenge thats a 2nd yellow
Yeah, but it wouldn’t have been

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4145 on: March 10, 2024, 10:04:03 pm »
He was outstanding, aside from his finishing. The one-on-one in the second half was the type you'd see Mane take in games like this.

Incredible energy though. Just needs to score more.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4146 on: March 10, 2024, 11:10:26 pm »
Championed this kid for a while, exceptional is going lightly in praise. Key to everything we do and a ‘ first name on the team sheet’ player. Just needs to start hitting the back of the net and he’s probably the best player in the league then.

I mean, you know we have Nunez and Salah right?  Nunez for example has 10 goals and 7 assists, despite missing numerous more chances than Diaz and hitting the woodwork 12 times - or a goal involvement every 93 mins. Diaz has played 3 full games worth of minutes more, and only has 6 goals and 3 assists or one every 204. No way he would be close to Nunez even if he did start scoring more chances and Nunez didn't (Nunez is underperforming his xG by 3, Diaz by 2 - so Nunez has been more wasteful).

Diaz and Jota for me are clearly our third/fourth best attackers, both a level below Salah and Nunez. Fantastic third/fourth choices, but to pretend Diaz wouldn't just somehow be better than Salah and Nunez, but be the best in the league, off the back of one (very) good performance when he wasted our best 4 chances (2 created by Nunez, 1 each byac and Salah) is hyperbolic to say the least

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
« Reply #4147 on: March 11, 2024, 12:06:21 am »
I mean, you know we have Nunez and Salah right?  Nunez for example has 10 goals and 7 assists, despite missing numerous more chances than Diaz and hitting the woodwork 12 times - or a goal involvement every 93 mins. Diaz has played 3 full games worth of minutes more, and only has 6 goals and 3 assists or one every 204. No way he would be close to Nunez even if he did start scoring more chances and Nunez didn't (Nunez is underperforming his xG by 3, Diaz by 2 - so Nunez has been more wasteful).

Diaz and Jota for me are clearly our third/fourth best attackers, both a level below Salah and Nunez. Fantastic third/fourth choices, but to pretend Diaz wouldn't just somehow be better than Salah and Nunez, but be the best in the league, off the back of one (very) good performance when he wasted our best 4 chances (2 created by Nunez, 1 each byac and Salah) is hyperbolic to say the least
While the other poster was indeed hyperbolic about Diaz, you seem like on a mission to shove Nunez into the conversation of any of our other forwards bar Salah (thank god he's a legend already).

The weirdest one for me was when Jota was credited with an assist for earning a penalty and you jumped in his thread to say that should not count as an assist because earning a foul in the box has nothing to do with skills (!?) and Nunez is a far more creative player than Jota.

Offline Red Giant

• da red giant asshole
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4148 on: March 11, 2024, 12:16:08 am »
Put in a real shift. Couldn't believe he had the energy to sprint at the last minutes. Missed just a bit of composure in exactly the right moments. Should have tested the keeper on at least 4 or 5 opportunities throughout the game.
Needs to learn from Jota when it comes to chance conversion as you don't need to score a perfect goal everytime.
Hopefully we keep him fit as he is an important player.
Forza Lucho ❤️

Offline swish

• Main Stander
« Reply #4149 on: March 11, 2024, 12:18:53 am »
Yes, I would imagine Sadio would have scored one of those chances. But players like Sadio don’t come along very often.

Luis Diaz is an exceptional player in his own right and one of the best out there in that position currently

100 percent, look what the cheats spent on grealish, diaz for what he cost us is a bargain

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4150 on: March 11, 2024, 12:32:45 am »

Jota is arguably our 3rd best attacker but he isn't a level below anybody this season.

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #4151 on: March 11, 2024, 02:15:47 am »
I find it more frustrating when Diaz missed the chance to set up Darwin for a 1-on-1, as compared to the one he missed himself. It was a prime example of my main critique of Diaz, where he tends to keep his head down and dribble without clear purpose. Its been the same since day 1. You can't fault his desire and energy, but for a 27-year old wide attacker, you would expect him to make better decisions on the pitch. Curtis Jones was in similar situation and was guilty for holding onto the ball unnecessarily for too long,  but he has made great strides in improving with regards to that. Remains to be seen for Diaz.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #4152 on: March 11, 2024, 02:49:57 am »
Caused a lot of chaos today, like he used to do early in his time here. Just ran City into the ground second half. Good to see him back to his best.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4153 on: March 11, 2024, 02:58:27 am »
Fantastic today, not sure he misses those chances without being Diaz, if that makes sense.

think he is our most dangerous forward but not unfortunately for other teams not the most clinical.

the work he does off the ball is underrated. and also energizer bunny got nothing on diaz

seems to be coming back to his best in beating players getting into dangerous positions. class is permanent form is temporary

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #4154 on: March 11, 2024, 08:52:25 am »
think he is our most dangerous forward but not unfortunately for other teams not the most clinical.

the work he does off the ball is underrated. and also energizer bunny got nothing on diaz

seems to be coming back to his best in beating players getting into dangerous positions. class is permanent form is temporary

Nunez is our most dangerous forward.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4155 on: March 11, 2024, 09:05:53 am »
To think some were arguing he would struggle against Walker haha

Had him on toast multiple times

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #4156 on: March 11, 2024, 09:13:36 am »
Personally find him tough player to watch at times.

I love him, he works his socks off, has passion, is direct... but I feel he has low football IQ and that is really detrimental to us but also his game.

What I mean by low football IQ is that he seems to make the wrong choice often and yesterday was full of examples, run into trouble when an easy pass was on, cross to the wrong area, not shooting when he should, taking extra touches etc.

OBVIOUSLY it is a highly stressful game with a lot of tension and it's easy to comment on this from my couch at home, but I found him very frustrating yesterday.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4157 on: March 11, 2024, 09:19:04 am »
The footwork late on where he left two for dead on the half way then ran the length of their half was a joy to watch, phenomenal skill
Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4158 on: March 11, 2024, 09:30:50 am »
The footwork late on where he left two for dead on the half way then ran the length of their half was a joy to watch, phenomenal skill

Yeah. He had incredible heart and energy, and skill! It’s a great combination, got us 80 yards up the pitch and won us a corner. And he’s done loads of that recently (maybe not from 80 yards out!). You have to take the rough with the smooth with him. His finishing isn’t as strong as our other forwards, although he’s improved his output but I don’t think anyone else gives you that out ball in the same way.

Feel like he could have rounded the keeper for that one on one, keeper looked like he’d planted his feet a bit, but it all happens so fast. I find it hard to be too critical about him.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4159 on: March 11, 2024, 10:26:28 am »
Needs to score more. Think he could and should be a 20 goal a season player easy with his skillset and pace. Performances wise he is electric