Author Topic: The Republic of Ireland Football Thread (Not A Home Nation)  (Read 245093 times)

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: The Republic of Ireland Football Thread
« Reply #80 on: September 7, 2012, 10:59:48 pm »
It's the Republic of Ireland, not the Republic of James McClean.
if thats him he should shut the fuck up

your dead right
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: September 7, 2012, 11:10:07 pm »
guy in the pub said that "Kazakhstan are a strong side" so I dont know what all the fuss about only beating them 2-1 is all about.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Moldyman

• Heart and soul, one will burn.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: September 7, 2012, 11:13:26 pm »
guy in the pub said that "Kazakhstan are a strong side" so I dont know what all the fuss about only beating them 2-1 is all about.

did you see the game?

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: September 7, 2012, 11:26:46 pm »
did you see the game?
No, missed it, but I thought the sarcasm was obvious.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 7, 2012, 11:39:52 pm »
did you see the game?

At the start of 2002 WC, a buddy of mine declared that...'China are no mugs.'
Drunk he was, but it happens.

Offline Heighwayondawing

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on The Reds
« Reply #85 on: September 7, 2012, 11:51:17 pm »
At the start of 2002 WC, a buddy of mine declared that...'China are no mugs.'
Drunk he was, but it happens.

:D
The one most important thing that we all must remember, in case it slipped our mind, is this club is much more important and bigger than anybody. I'll never forget that and anybody that does is being a wee bit irresponsible and stupid I think because the club is more important than any one individual. The Club is, The Club.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #86 on: September 8, 2012, 02:02:56 am »
Horrific performance, really fucking bad. People criticising our performances at the Euros was one thing, but we were up against top class opposition, 2 of which went on to contest the final. Was a very good achievement getting there. When you're playing the likes of Kazakhstan though, we really need to be better than that and try to actually play some football. Couldn't give a fuck how far we travelled, it was Kazakhstan. Terrible tactics that really need to be changed if we are to have any chance of 2014.  Its glaringly obvious.

I'll support him but Trap is really putting his neck on the line with this stuff to be honest. We don't have a great squad by any means but we make ourselves look dreadfully bad. Not particularly looking forward to the Germany game.

Anyway, thankfully a good result and 3 points to start off is the main thing. Really have to improve on that though.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #87 on: September 8, 2012, 10:22:55 am »
To those dismissing last nights performance and looking at the bigger picture, get your head out of Traps arse. Iv always been a great supporter and have backed him numerous times in heated arguments, I appreciate what he's done so far I really do, but I'm starting to grow weary of performances like last night, whats particularly galling is he cant get the team selection right never mind the tactics which were embarrassing. He's infallible in the eyes of some, its unhealthy and not in the countries best interest.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #88 on: September 8, 2012, 10:34:28 am »
To those dismissing last nights performance and looking at the bigger picture, get your head out of Traps arse. Iv always been a great supporter and have backed him numerous times in heated arguments, I appreciate what he's done so far I really do, but I'm starting to grow weary of performances like last night, whats particularly galling is he cant get the team selection right never mind the tactics which were embarrassing. He's infallible in the eyes of some, its unhealthy and not in the countries best interest.
welcome aboard, i've been here for years.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #89 on: September 8, 2012, 11:24:57 am »

Look, there's no need for this carry one, it doesn't give your point any more credence.

If you know so much, why don't you do your coaching badges, and take us to Russia?

After McCarthy left, we opted for woeful mananger after woeful manager, and we got fuck all out of it, and finally the FAI delivered a top class manager, who far from needed to have the mighty Republic of Ireland, added to his CV. Trap gets results, and it's a results business.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #90 on: September 8, 2012, 11:56:43 am »
Look, there's no need for this carry one, it doesn't give your point any more credence.
Passive aggression doesn't gives yours either ;)
If you know so much, why don't you do your coaching badges, and take us to Russia?
I hate that attitude, I suppose whats the point in voting so if you dont have a degree in politics. You dont need badges to see last night was all wrong in all most every aspect.
After McCarthy left, we opted for woeful mananger after woeful manager, and we got fuck all out of it, and finally the FAI delivered a top class manager, who far from needed to have the mighty Republic of Ireland, added to his CV. Trap gets results, and it's a results business.
I'm Happy to see Trap out until the end of his contract Iv said this in the thread already, the FAI wont sack him because they'll go broke anyway. Iv always been a fan of Trap and have backed him all the way, I have been to plenty of Ireland games at home and abroad and it is my opinion that we need a change and I'm entitled to it.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 8, 2012, 12:03:09 pm »
So then, Lord Givemeflowingfootball, who would we replace him with?

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #92 on: September 8, 2012, 12:07:01 pm »
So then, Lord Givemeflowingfootball, who would we replace him with?
No need for the condescending tone, it is possible to talk about football without sounding like a tart.

To answer your question Id have Mick back and I think he would love to do the job again as well. 

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 8, 2012, 12:11:25 pm »
No need for the condescending tone, it is possible to talk about football without sounding like a tart.

To answer your question Id have Mick back and I think he would love to do the job again as well. 
You're the one telling people they have their head up the arse, of a managerial great.

Wouldn't mind seeing Mick back, myself, not at the expense of Gio though.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: September 8, 2012, 12:12:04 pm »

Yup. Or has been said, Rafa. If we can afford to pay Trap, we can afford to pay him

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: September 8, 2012, 01:36:50 pm »
I don't know whats going to be done if anything, players looked lost again; hoofing the ball only to lose it again and kazakhstan playing one twos all around us.

Nobody has any belief in this system anymore, not the fans, the media nor the players and you just get the feeling that this is going to be a wasted campaign

McClean's tweet alone is enough to know there is unrest there and its only a matter of time before rifts begin to open

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: September 8, 2012, 01:47:32 pm »
Nobody with any sort of face can tell me that Gio says "OK lads, more of the same, go out there and hoof the ball wherever, grazi".

Look at England over the years, and the talent they had on hand, yet they quality of football was painful to watch.

Nobody in our team suits the game you all want.

Walters, Doyle, Long, all carthorses.

Midfield is unattractive and the defence isn't much better.

Westwood is a quality keeper.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #97 on: September 8, 2012, 02:51:46 pm »
Nobody in our team suits the game you all want.
Stop being so dramatic please I dont expect Ireland to play like Spain, but a team that plays a semblance of modern football might be nice. How in Gods name can you condone what went on last night as a result is a result, we barely created a clear cut chance all game and if it wasnt for shocking Kazakh defending we would have lost. Last night was nearly as bad as Cyprus and San Marino, but I suppose the San Marino game is alright as well because they got the win. You might not think it, but we are better than that.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: September 8, 2012, 02:57:56 pm »
Stop being so dramatic please I dont expect Ireland to play like Spain, but a team that plays a semblance of modern football might be nice. How in Gods name can you condone what went on last night as a result is a result, we barely created a clear cut chance all game and if it wasnt for shocking Kazakh defending we would have lost. Last night was nearly as bad as Cyprus and San Marino, but I suppose the San Marino game is alright as well because they got the win. You might not think it, but we are better than that.

Who's condoning what went on last night? Our players are supposedly good enough, they shouldn't have needed an instruction manual how to beat Kazakhstan. "Follow steps A through to H", we should have been able to throw a few nuts and bolts to the side, and still ended up with a healthy looking cabinet.

It's reminding me of Liverpool last season, the players acting the bollocks, but of course, the manager takes the flak.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #99 on: September 8, 2012, 03:15:17 pm »
Blaming the players, that does remind me of last season alright. Here's a glaring example for you, two strikers one who plays in the Championship were used on the wing instead of two premiership wide players one of which has been a star for his club in the last season, this player was also used in center midfield in the Serbia game, not on the wing his undoubted natural position, what the fuck is that about? Its like he's trying get us on his back.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 8, 2012, 03:17:55 pm »
Blaming the players, that does remind me of last season alright. Here's a glaring example for you, two strikers one who plays in the Championship were used on the wing instead of two premiership wide players one of which has been a star for his club in the last season, this player was also used in center midfield in the Serbia game, not on the wing his undoubted natural position, what the fuck is that about? Its like he's trying get us on his back.

Cox and Walters?

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #101 on: September 8, 2012, 03:36:46 pm »
Cox and Walters?
Yes

Also what coach couldn't do what Trap is doing at the moment, its so limited.

What he did at the start I'll never forget he restored pride no doubt, but I see no progression with him, he's too stubborn. Brady came up with the ludicrous idea of the players going to Trap and to ask him to change the system, Brady by the way was supporting Trap.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 8, 2012, 03:46:48 pm »
Yes

Also what coach couldn't do what Trap is doing at the moment, its so limited.

What he did at the start I'll never forget he restored pride no doubt, but I see no progression with him, he's too stubborn. Brady came up with the ludicrous idea of the players going to Trap and to ask him to change the system, Brady by the way was supporting Trap.

We've just come home from a Euros, our first major tournament in a decade, and as bad as the results were, it was silly mistakes that really cost us, and now we've just won the opening game of our World Cup campaign.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #103 on: September 8, 2012, 04:02:26 pm »
We've just come home from a Euros, our first major tournament in a decade, and as bad as the results were, it was silly mistakes that really cost us, and now we've just won the opening game of our World Cup campaign.
Thats so overly simplistic, we were the most archaic team in that Euros, still playing 4-4-2, the world has moved on, it serves teams well in qualification, but up against better opposition it is farcical. This is how bad it is I play football in Kerry District League Division Two, not a very high level as you can imagine, but most clubs play with one up front and one holding midfield player, it doesn't always end like that, but that is still the approach.   

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 8, 2012, 04:04:45 pm »
Thats so overly simplistic, we were the most archaic team in that Euros, still playing 4-4-2, the world has moved on, it serves teams well in qualification, but up against better opposition it is farcical. This is how bad it is I play football in Kerry District League Division Two, not a very high level you can imagine, but most clubs play with one up front and one holding midfield player, it doesn't always end like that, but that is still the approach.   

It's not overly simplistic, they're the facts.

Who would our holding midfielder be?

Our strength is our forwards, so one up top would not be a clever use of resources.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #105 on: September 8, 2012, 04:20:56 pm »
It's not overly simplistic, they're the facts.
It is of course, shows a complete of a lack of awareness of how we play and where we are going
Who would our holding midfielder be?
Id like to see this tried, might want to adopt something more defensive against Sweden and Germany away, but against the rest we should look at creating something substantial instead of the embarrassing situation of last night.

Andrews
Mcgeady  McCarthy  McClean
                   Doyle   
                       Long

Our strength is our forwards
Is it though, none of them seem to score too often

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: September 8, 2012, 04:30:10 pm »
It is of course, shows a complete of a lack of awareness of how we play and where we are going
We've just returned from Poland, and we're quite possibly off to Rio.

Id like to see this tried, might want to adopt something more defensive against Sweden and Germany away, but against the rest we should look at creating something substantial instead of the embarrassing situation of last night.

Andrews
Mcgeady  McCarthy  McClean
                   Doyle   
                       Long
In reality, that's a 4-4-2, and extremely like the formation we play at present. We already have one of the strikers playing deeper, unless of course you're referring solely to the personnel?

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #107 on: September 8, 2012, 04:38:11 pm »
We've just returned from Poland, and we're quite possibly off to Rio.
Haha, you're on the wind up now.
In reality, that's a 4-4-2, and extremely like the formation we play at present. We already have one of the strikers playing deeper, unless of course you're referring solely to the personnel?
Forgot to say and dont tell Sledge to lump hopeless balls into the box all day :P

If you think everything is rosy in the garden thats your opinion, but I do think we're better than that and that wont change my opinion and I'll also still be going to Lansdowne for the Germany game whatever team is out there.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 8, 2012, 04:44:31 pm »
Haha, you're on the wind up now.
I'm not, I just trying to introduce some perspective.

If you think everything is rosy in the garden thats your opinion, but I do think we're better than that and that wont change my opinion and I'll also still be going to Lansdowne for the Germany game whatever team is out there.

I don't think everything is rosy in the garden, there are some selections I don't agree with, but at the end of the day, we get results.

We'd all love to see lovely football being played, but as we seen last season with Liverpool, good football is no good, without results.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 8, 2012, 05:13:03 pm »
McClean should not have posted that tweet and glad to see hes apologised for it today but he has a right to be angry. It is a fucking joke, he should be in the starting 11. The team selection was wrong, the tactics(if there were any) were completely wrong. Its overwhelmingly obvious.

Hate this type of response. By this logic, none of us on here should be giving opinions on the game at all seeing as we don't have coaching badges. The reality is you don't need coaching badges to see that last night's performance was all over the shop. Yes, we won our opening WC qualifier, but we should have won it a lot more comfortably than that. Outplayed by Kazakhstan for fucks sake and extremely lucky to leave with the 3 points. As I said, I'll support the side and the manager, which is why I worked my ass off to get to the Euros but fucking hell like, fix the obvious problems in the team and at least try give ourselves a bit of hope for 2014..
« Last Edit: September 8, 2012, 05:15:20 pm by CorKopite »
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #110 on: September 8, 2012, 05:16:22 pm »
Still moaning some of you. Wow you won.

McClean needs to sort himself out - lad is becoming too big for his boots.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: September 8, 2012, 05:19:10 pm »
Hate this type of response. By this logic, none of us on here should be giving opinions on the game at all seeing as we don't have coaching badges. The reality is you don't need coaching badges to see that last night's performance was all over the shop. Yes, we won our opening WC qualifier, but we should have won it a lot more comfortably than that. Outplayed by Kazakhstan for fucks sake and extremely lucky to leave with the 3 points.

Of course you can give opinions, but stop badgering Trap about what he should do, when he is getting results.

If you want results, and a quality of football to suit your desires, go get your coaching badges.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 8, 2012, 05:25:35 pm »
The team selection was wrong, the tactics(if there were any) were completely wrong.

Fucking behave yourself.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 8, 2012, 05:28:20 pm »
McClean needs to sort himself out - lad is becoming too big for his boots.

You can't say that in here, the McCleaners will send furious PMs to you.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: September 8, 2012, 05:53:49 pm »
Of course you can give opinions, but stop badgering Trap about what he should do, when he is getting results.

If you want results, and a quality of football to suit your desires, go get your coaching badges.

I just gave my opinion. I went to most of the home Euro qualifiers, I worked my ass off to get to all 3 of the games in Poland and I will aim to get to as many WC qualifiers this year as possible. I support the team and manager but thats not to say they're immune from criticism. If my form of criticism comes across as badgering to you, well quite frankly I couldn't give a shit. It is what it is. You can put your fingers in your ears and pretend that everything is rosey but last night was pathetic. It really was. It was the worst Irish performance I've seen in years and a big improvement in team selection/tactics/player performance is needed sharpish if we are to have any hope of Brazil. Leave out the coaching badges spiel will you. Completely pointless.

Fucking behave yourself.

:lmao ,yes your highness.

Go on then, what do you reckon the tactics were last night?

You can't say that in here, the McCleaners will send furious PMs to you.

McCleaners? Just because people can see how glaringly obvious it is that a certain player should be in the team doesn't mean they have some sort of undying allegiance to that player like you like to make out. Get over yourself.

Offline RedHopper

• Hopping to a mightily lofty position and enjoying the view. If only custom titles could be in proportion to the member's average post length? My, what fun we could have! Imagine the sheer edification to be derived from testing the character limi
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #115 on: September 8, 2012, 05:56:13 pm »
Scraping a win against one of the worst teams in europe is not "getting results". It's scraping the bare minimum possible because the other team are over 120 places beneath us in the fifa rankings and have only ever won two home games. were you saying the same thing when we beat san marino with a goal in the fourth minute of injury time?

It's desperately miserable shite to watch, and I don't care what giovanni trapattoni has won in the past. His only tactic for any situation seems to be Big man/little man rigid 4-4-2 in three solid lines so we have to hoof the ball long. Part of the reason that we must be paying him so much is that such a manager is rare nowadays.

Our four best players in the premiership at the moment are Long, McClean, mcCarthy and Gibson. One of those begrudgingly made the team last night, the striker was one of three strikers played on the wing, while the winger sat on the bench. The other midfielder (and everton haven't lost a league game he played) has just pissed off because of the way that he was treated.

Trap doesn't realise he is dealing with only limited resources. He can't keep burning his bridges with so many players. He can't keep dragging them all over the world to Ireland squad call ups, and then for them never to play a game. You can't just stick to the same XI and the same formation particularly when things go really badly it must drive the rest of the squad crazy.

The major part of the reason that gibson simply gave up was because he was dragged over to poland and the Ukraine, and even the humiliation of the starting two midfielders in their totally unsuitable formation wasn't enough to get him on the pitch. Instead the clubless Paul Green, who wasn't even in the original squad played ahead of him.

Robbie Keane has scored one goal from open play in his last 13 appearances for ireland (against estonia away) yet he is always in our team, even though he can barely move, and doesn't contribute at all from open play. Trap keeps referring to him being like totti. Which leads me to suspect that he's gone completely insane.

The truth be told, we made an absolute meal of qualification the last time out, and us making it was down to the weakness of the group we were drawn in. We didn't beat slovakia, we miraculously got one point off russia and we kept getting overrun in midfield by even the weakest teams in the group. sure we bumbled to a bunch of one goal victories, and drew a bunch of other games, but jesus christ we are completely unwatchable. We managed to scrape through thanks to amazing individual performances by Richie Dunne, and Shay given, but look what happened to us when we couldn't rely on them to bail us out at the european championships.

The only two games I've been to under trap have been the home legs of the two playoffs, and on both occasions I was given a ticket. I used to go to all the games under Kerr and Mccarthy, Even friendlies. and it's only partially due to how expensive tickets have become, and how there's less cash floating around. He may have been the perfect manager to take over after steve staunton, but that was a long time ago, and it didn't take him long to teach us his basket of tricks. Now we're paying him so much money, it would bankrupt the FAI to pay him off. The FAI is now the the back pocket of Denis "silvio" o'brien, and John Delaney is still earning more than barrack Obama.

It looks like we're stuck with him until either the end of these qualifiers, or if he gets sick in the mean time. But already the mood is turning very ugly, and we're starting to see a lot of the serious anger that accompanied the end of Mick McCarthy's reign. The switzerland game at home in 2002 is about as angry as I've seen a football crowd, and It takes a hell of a lot for the Irish fans to boo the team and the manager off the pitch, but I could see it happening if we get stuffed by Germany.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 8, 2012, 05:59:57 pm »
I just gave my opinion. I went to most of the home Euro qualifiers, I worked my ass off to get to all 3 of the games in Poland and I will aim to get to as many WC qualifiers this year as possible. I support the team and manager but thats not to say they're immune from criticism. If my form of criticism comes across as badgering to you, well quite frankly I couldn't give a shit. It is what it is. You can put your fingers in your ears and pretend that everything is rosey but last night was pathetic. It really was. It was the worst Irish performance I've seen in years and a big improvement in team selection/tactics/player performance is needed sharpish if we are to have any hope of Brazil. Leave out the coaching badges spiel will you. Completely pointless.
Again, I haven't said everything is "Rosey in the garden", but as long as we're getting results, I couldn't give a fuck how we played.
:lmao ,yes your highness.
Flattering, but unnecessary.

Go on then, what do you reckon the tactics were last night?

Win the game.

McCleaners? Just because people can see how glaringly obvious it is that a certain player should be in the team doesn't mean they have some sort of undying allegiance to that player like you like to make out. Get over yourself.

Showed a lack of respect to the country, his teammates, and himself with his outburst on Twitter.

While you're all clammering to get McClean into the team, I'll be applauding the players on the pitch, the ones getting results.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: September 8, 2012, 07:06:23 pm »

Our four best players in the premiership at the moment are Long, McClean, mcCarthy and Gibson. One of those begrudgingly made the team last night, the striker was one of three strikers played on the wing, while the winger sat on the bench.
What three strikers played on the wing?

The other midfielder (and everton haven't lost a league game he played) has just pissed off because of the way that he was treated.

Treated like the limited footballer that he is?

Of the players that doesn't make the starting 11 regularly, Long is the one that can feel most aggrieved, but he's a great professional, loves playing for his country, and gets on with the job,  he's not in it to massage his own ball sack.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #118 on: September 8, 2012, 07:46:06 pm »
Win the game.
:lmao

Even Paul Ince would come up with something better than that.

Of the players that doesn't make the starting 11 regularly, Long is the one that can feel most aggrieved, but he's a great professional, loves playing for his country, and gets on with the job,  he's not in it to massage his own ball sack.
Long has spat the dummy before, he knows better now.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 8, 2012, 07:48:32 pm »
:lmao

Even Paul Ince would come up with something better than that.
What has Paul Ince got to do with anything?