Author Topic: Premier League Fixtures 29th April - 4th May  (Read 45872 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Premier League Fixtures 29th April - 4th May
« Reply #2200 on: May 4, 2023, 10:31:04 pm »
I'd like to say I was shocked by Marriner's 'refereeing' but par for the course.

Certainly a red for Casimero. Certainly a red for Antony. Certainly let quite a few snidey tackles go and looked like a pen before the one he ended up giving. He looked massively upset that he knew the pen he had to give was an absolute stonewaller. Never seen a ref look so gutted.

If that's honest from him then he's a terrible referee and needs to be released from his contract.

The standard of refereeing in the Premier league is abysmal
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #2201 on: May 4, 2023, 10:31:38 pm »
Where is Ming the Merciless in his turtle neck saying what a shpeshal performansh it was

Haha brilliant. You bald bastard have it
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2202 on: May 4, 2023, 10:32:30 pm »
I'd like to say I was shocked by Marriner's 'refereeing' but par for the course.

Certainly a red for Casimero. Certainly a red for Antony. Certainly let quite a few snidey tackles go and looked like a pen before the one he ended up giving. He looked massively upset that he knew the pen he had to give was an absolute stonewaller. Never seen a ref look so gutted.

If that's honest from him then he's a terrible referee and needs to be released from his contract.

It's a 2nd yellow for Shaw aswell for deliberate handball

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2203 on: May 4, 2023, 10:33:32 pm »
Been saying since early on they're playing exactly the same way they did under Ole. Sit back, defend deep, counter with Bruno releasing it early to Rashford. It's cowardly and they almost never outplay the other team.

He's also doing the same as Ole and running the same 12 or 13 players into the ground with no clue how to rotate.

He's probably a better coach than the goblin-faced twat, but there's a definite emperor's new clothes vibe forming.

They opened up first couple of games and got picked apart by Brighton and Brentford playing Ten Hag's 'style'. He then did a Rodgers at Liverpool and quickly abandoned that and reverted to fast counters again which is how they played under Ole. They got in the likes of Casemiro who could beat up on a few shit teams to get a big halo as well.

It'd be a travesty if they won both cups and finished top 4 in his first season. They were banking on being able to rest players for the last couple of games to prepare for that final.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2204 on: May 4, 2023, 10:33:37 pm »
It's a 2nd yellow for Shaw aswell for deliberate handball
Is there a clip of the penalty, i would to see it

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2205 on: May 4, 2023, 10:34:35 pm »
It's a crowding of 4 players but no reason for his arm to be up there. No contact or anything. It's a yellow

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #2206 on: May 4, 2023, 10:34:56 pm »

Go back a couple of pages - Jason posted some links. :)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #2207 on: May 4, 2023, 10:35:22 pm »
Sadly I think Howard Webb will guide them home from here, especially if things get sketchy.

Newcastle's fixtures look more interesting...

True.  But I feel Newcastle is in better form and are a better team than MU.  13 to 3 in their last three matches (though the competition wasn't exactly challenging.) 
Still feel more confident of the Mancs dropping more points from here on out that NU. 

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2208 on: May 4, 2023, 10:36:42 pm »
Luke Shaw 'i got a little nudge but the hand shouldn't be there '

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2209 on: May 4, 2023, 10:37:43 pm »
He then blamed the foul before. Says it never was a foul..deflecting blame. He knows it's a deliberate hand ball 😂

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2210 on: May 4, 2023, 10:38:20 pm »
Fatman Shaw throwing his teammates under the bus.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2211 on: May 4, 2023, 10:39:02 pm »
Great interview by Mac Alister what a nice lad he seems.
Going home now to gorge on square sausage and Irn Bru.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2212 on: May 4, 2023, 10:39:14 pm »
Fatman Shaw throwing his teammates under the bus.
Would have to be a monster truck for him.
AHA!

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2213 on: May 4, 2023, 10:39:36 pm »

Add the way Colwill got an instant yellow and it’s mad refereeing

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2214 on: May 4, 2023, 10:40:49 pm »
Mac allister wants to be a red doesn’t he?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2215 on: May 4, 2023, 10:41:17 pm »
Luke Shaw 'i got a little nudge but the hand shouldn't be there '

He sounded deflated.

He didn’t ‘look’ deflated but there you go.

Morale seems fairly low though.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2216 on: May 4, 2023, 10:41:36 pm »
Reply #2117  page 53 of this thread. Post by oojason.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #2217 on: May 4, 2023, 10:42:10 pm »
No idea on his name but co Comms was Andy Townsend. 

The most turgid, lacklustre, uninspiring typical manc dross of a game and he's talking bollocks about scintillating free flowing football.

And Mariners face was like a slapped arse in panic mode at having to go to the monitor for the penalty.
Connor MacNamarra I think
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2218 on: May 4, 2023, 10:43:22 pm »
Loves a whinge doesn’t he. Hard to listen to.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2219 on: May 4, 2023, 10:43:28 pm »
Was my stream, they droned on for ages about Utds bullshit current record of most non 0-0 games of any team...

They'll be pleased as punch that prestigious record was saved at the death tonight.

Yep that's the one!

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #2220 on: May 4, 2023, 10:43:42 pm »
Antony kick is violent conduct red

Antony did enough in that short scene to get sent off twice. The kick was violent conduct as you've said. A blind man and his dog could see that he was annoyed at not getting the foul and just wanted to kick the other guy. Then he was screaming at the lino which could have been a booking, then he squared up with a Brighton player which was enough for at least another booking. Might even have been a dive in the first place. So, that's a red and at minimum two yellows. And what did we get? A booking for Antony and another booking for Dunk. Ridiculous...

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2221 on: May 4, 2023, 10:48:13 pm »
He then blamed the foul before. Says it never was a foul..deflecting blame. He knows it's a deliberate hand ball 😂

He's put his arm across and stopped the players progress. Straight forward foul

He's extremely fat and thick

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2222 on: May 4, 2023, 10:52:19 pm »
Antony did enough in that short scene to get sent off twice. The kick was violent conduct as you've said. A blind man and his dog could see that he was annoyed at not getting the foul and just wanted to kick the other guy. Then he was screaming at the lino which could have been a booking, then he squared up with a Brighton player which was enough for at least another booking. Might even have been a dive in the first place. So, that's a red and at minimum two yellows. And what did we get? A booking for Antony and another booking for Dunk. Ridiculous...

The worst refereeing performance of the season. He will surely be raked over the coals for that

If he thinks all of that game was normal this has to be his last season.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2223 on: May 4, 2023, 10:53:00 pm »
I watched that game and decided to pack it in in the 95th minute when Brighton had a cross whiz through everyone in the box.

so I missed what happened but thanks to Most Valuable Poster jason I'm a very happy guy now.

:)

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2224 on: May 4, 2023, 10:53:36 pm »
He's put his arm across and stopped the players progress. Straight forward foul

He's extremely fat and thick
Absolutely. It's a pen and a second yellow..they were lucky to not have 3 reds..that would never happen under Howard Webb's regime mind you

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2225 on: May 4, 2023, 10:57:49 pm »
they've got Newcastle and City to play so doubt they will win out, if they do they deserve it

Indeed. They've also been on the end of some terrible officiating this season

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2226 on: May 4, 2023, 10:58:00 pm »
Reply #2117  page 53 of this thread. Post by oojason.
Thanks. I looked back before and must of missed it. Jason does a great job with the clip

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2227 on: May 4, 2023, 11:00:24 pm »
It's a crowding of 4 players but no reason for his arm to be up there. No contact or anything. It's a yellow
I think that a harsh for a yellow considering it jumping and in aerial duel but it should be called a handball since it not a natural positioning and hit at close range. Im not sure how much he meant to do that why but it by rules a handball foul and a penalty it not deliberate enough imo for a yellow

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2228 on: May 4, 2023, 11:06:33 pm »
Amazing how Colwill picks up a yellow card for a slight pull of an arm, yet AWB does the same in the penalty box to Mitoma and it's no foul.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2229 on: May 5, 2023, 01:42:29 am »

My theory, Andy, is that there's a lot of cowardice among referees. If they can avoid it, they prefer not to make decisions that massively impact the game - giving Casemiro or Shaw a second yellow, or Antony a straight red, for instance.
What that does, though, is massively impact the game by being unfair to the other team, Brighton in this case. They've run Casemiro ragged so he has to commit two yellow card offences - why shouldn't they get rewarded for that?

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #2230 on: May 5, 2023, 02:40:47 am »
My theory, Andy, is that there's a lot of cowardice among referees. If they can avoid it, they prefer not to make decisions that massively impact the game - giving Casemiro or Shaw a second yellow, or Antony a straight red, for instance.
What that does, though, is massively impact the game by being unfair to the other team, Brighton in this case. They've run Casemiro ragged so he has to commit two yellow card offences - why shouldn't they get rewarded for that?

VAR has made that even worse, because it gives refs and linos a way to not be at fault when they get something wrong by just not doing anything and hope VAR solves it for them. It's even more obvious with linos and the way they don't give offsides. We got a corner on Wednesday from a sequence where one of our player was a million miles offside. Lino didn't give it even when the chance was over. So had we scored from the corner it would have stood I think as VAR can't "ungive" the corner. In my view linos have gotten more reluctant to give offsides due to VAR even when you take into account the times where they let play go on to the raise their flag when the attack is over.

For me that's the wrong approach to VAR. It should be there as a safety net after the ref or the lino have made a decision on the pitch. The problem is too often it's used differently in a way where the ref or lino just doesn't make a decision in the knowledge that VAR will do something, if there's a decision to be made...
« Last Edit: May 5, 2023, 02:43:50 am by stoa »

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2231 on: May 5, 2023, 06:11:19 am »
Absolutely. It's a pen and a second yellow..they were lucky to not have 3 reds..that would never happen under Howard Webb's regime mind you

The special treatment they get never ends. We'd be worried about Brighton for 4th if these were reffed fairly.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Jesse Pinkman

• Main Stander
« Reply #2232 on: May 5, 2023, 06:45:57 am »
VAR has made that even worse, because it gives refs and linos a way to not be at fault when they get something wrong by just not doing anything and hope VAR solves it for them. It's even more obvious with linos and the way they don't give offsides. We got a corner on Wednesday from a sequence where one of our player was a million miles offside. Lino didn't give it even when the chance was over. So had we scored from the corner it would have stood I think as VAR can't "ungive" the corner. In my view linos have gotten more reluctant to give offsides due to VAR even when you take into account the times where they let play go on to the raise their flag when the attack is over.

For me that's the wrong approach to VAR. It should be there as a safety net after the ref or the lino have made a decision on the pitch. The problem is too often it's used differently in a way where the ref or lino just doesn't make a decision in the knowledge that VAR will do something, if there's a decision to be made...

I'm on the fence on this one, particularly for offisde. What about decisions where the linesman raises too early for a blatantly onside goal? Raheem Sterling being miles onside versus Man City comes to mind and that turned out to be very pivotal in the title race.
On Sterling:
Were spurs not happy to pay like £7-9m for him? I'd be giving Levy a call tonight to give him an option buy.
He's so over rated its ridiculous. Every time he plays he looks completely out of his depth and has done for about 9 months now.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2233 on: May 5, 2023, 09:25:17 am »

The linesmen is meant to give the offside as long as no goal scoring chance develops. If he didn't raise his flag and we got a corner, he didn't think it was offside, so never would have with or without VAR.

That's not having VAR that's at fault, that's a linesman being shit.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Perseus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2234 on: May 5, 2023, 04:28:05 pm »
If Brighton win their two games in hand they'd be above us  >:(

Arsenal (A)  City (H)

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2235 on: May 5, 2023, 04:35:43 pm »

United fans have kicked up a ridiculous stink about casemeiros correct red card at old Trafford

Non stop, on every platform possible

He knew it. No 2nd yellow

Antony was going around trying to boot people because his cheaty little mate Rashford didn't get a free kick 10 seconds previous before

He knew it. No red

Shaw no 2nd yellow I'm of the opinion he just didn't want to compound the misery

It was a truly abhorrent performance

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Perseus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2236 on: May 5, 2023, 04:51:27 pm »
Didn't Man Utd get a penalty for the exact same thing after the final whistle against Brighton a couple of years ago?

Yep 2-3

United’s September 2020 visit to the Amex, which nobody will ever forget for all the wrong reasons.

The full time score was Manchester United 3-2 Brighton – but that only told half the story of a controversial 97 minutes which ranks as one of the strangest games in Albion history.