Author Topic: The FA Cup.  (Read 24319 times)

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The FA Cup.
« Reply #640 on: November 17, 2021, 10:11:20 pm »
Been a really fun watch hasn't it? Would like to see a penalty shootout.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: November 17, 2021, 10:22:23 pm »
^ Not happening, 5-3 Stockport  :D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #642 on: November 17, 2021, 10:23:14 pm »
Was already 3-2 by the time I turned over but it’s been a proper end to end classic.

And now 5-3 Stockport! Weren’t they in the Championship back in the late 90s?

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: November 17, 2021, 10:23:36 pm »
Dickheads and flares on the pitch now

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #644 on: November 17, 2021, 10:25:41 pm »
Dickheads and flares on the pitch now

That’s Stockport for you. Stuck in the 70s.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #645 on: November 17, 2021, 10:31:13 pm »
Was already 3-2 by the time I turned over but it’s been a proper end to end classic.

Stockport were 2-0 down after 6 minutes & 3-1 down after 30, & i switched on to see the equalizer.
#Sausages

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: November 17, 2021, 10:31:19 pm »
I think it should be fair game to twat anyone who runs on the pitch like that.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #647 on: November 17, 2021, 10:38:22 pm »
That’s Stockport for you. Stuck in the 70s.
Fuck all wrong with a pair of Birmo's  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #648 on: November 17, 2021, 10:39:21 pm »
What a game of football.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #649 on: November 17, 2021, 10:52:14 pm »
What a game of football.

:D

It must have been a belter!

Offline SK8 Red

• A spanking! A spanking!
  • Main Stander
  • Supporting since 1983 at a guess
« Reply #650 on: November 18, 2021, 09:35:13 am »
I went last night and apart from the idiots on the pitch my faith in football was restored

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: November 18, 2021, 09:38:17 am »

They were in a higher division than Man City in 98/99 (and did the double over them the year before).

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #652 on: November 18, 2021, 09:40:26 am »
They were in a higher division than Man City in 98/99 (and did the double over them the year before).

Yeah, fun times! Think in 98/99 City’s big local Derby of sorts was against Macclesfield Town. :D

Stockport with Kevin Francis and Andy Preece (I think) up front. Nice to see that stand you could see on the TV called the Danny Bergara stand. He was their manager in the early 90s, think he was from Uruguay.

Offline SK8 Red

• A spanking! A spanking!
  • Main Stander
  • Supporting since 1983 at a guess
« Reply #653 on: November 18, 2021, 02:01:02 pm »

Curly Watts and Les Battersby walked out and left Edgeley Park at 3 nil down in 1997. City were comedy back then and a joke, plastic club today.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: November 18, 2021, 04:11:10 pm »
Stockport v Bolton last night was the best game I've watched in quite some time.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #655 on: November 18, 2021, 04:17:03 pm »
Stockport v Bolton last night was the best game I've watched in quite some time.

To be honest watched a Scotland game and a Wales game and they weren't bad either, not in the same class as last night's though.

England's matches however are tedious.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #656 on: November 18, 2021, 06:32:17 pm »
The FA have ordered Exeter to replay Bradford after Exeter fielded 6 substitutions, the maximum is 5.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59330673
#Sausages

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #657 on: November 18, 2021, 06:59:01 pm »
The FA have ordered Exeter to replay Bradford after Exeter fielded 6 substitutions, the maximum is 5.

very lucky.

Wolfsburg did that in the German cup this season and where thrown out of the competition.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: November 18, 2021, 10:44:05 pm »

How did the officials fuck that up?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 10:46:10 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: December 5, 2021, 07:01:08 pm »
Fuck off Rat Boy and Co, Salford losing 2-0 at home to Non League Chesterfield ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #660 on: December 5, 2021, 07:01:37 pm »
Fuck off Rat Boy and Co, Salford losing 2-0 at home to Non League Chesterfield ;D

Time to sack another manager?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: December 5, 2021, 07:06:18 pm »
Time to sack another manager?

And bring in Ole.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: December 5, 2021, 07:06:58 pm »
And bring in Ole.

That would be brilliant ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: December 5, 2021, 07:55:39 pm »
And bring in Ole.

Neville sacking Ole next year would be funny.

Joke of a club/vanity project.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #664 on: December 5, 2021, 08:37:52 pm »
I remember Chesterfield in the semi finals against Boro in the late 90's, cracking semi final that.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #665 on: December 5, 2021, 08:45:06 pm »
I remember Chesterfield in the semi finals against Boro in the late 90's, cracking semi final that.

Chesterfield should have won too, Chesterfield had a shot off the bar but the ball went over the line but goal was not given, Boro ended up equalizing & got a replay, & won the tie after the replay.
#Sausages

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #666 on: December 5, 2021, 08:46:33 pm »
Off to Boreham Wood vs St Albans tomorrow, should be a good laugh. St Albans have been given about 28-30% of the ground which is not something I can recall happening often, but then I could be wrong. I know usually it's 15%.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: December 5, 2021, 08:57:17 pm »
Off to Boreham Wood vs St Albans tomorrow, should be a good laugh. St Albans have been given about 28-30% of the ground which is not something I can recall happening often, but then I could be wrong. I know usually it's 15%.

My mate, who is a Red and has corporates at Anfield, is one of the St Albans owners, so I'll be supporting them tomorrow, hoping they then get us away in the 3rd round.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #668 on: December 5, 2021, 09:18:52 pm »
My mate, who is a Red and has corporates at Anfield, is one of the St Albans owners, so I'll be supporting them tomorrow, hoping they then get us away in the 3rd round.
Fair play Rob, same here, would love that! St Albans was technically my local team growing up. They tend to hover in the Conference South, but have made it up to the giddy heights of the Conference previously, but tend to head straight back down. Had the occasional 1st round ties resulting in thrashings over the last ten years, but even making to the 2nd round is the first time for 20 years I think - possibly more.

The 2nd Round or equivalent, of the FA Cup has been reached on five occasions but, to date, just one league scalp has been claimed when Brentford were defeated 5-3 in 1924.

They'll have to update the website, as Forest Green Rovers are a league team currently.

In all honesty, I don't tend to watch them too much as I think £16.50 advance, £20 on the gate, is a bit dear for non league, and go and watch Harpenden Town FC who my boss is chairman off who are 2-3 leagues below St Albans. My season ticket was £40 and I enjoy the away games as well. But obviously there's a lot of football fever around here at the moment so definitely getting involved! As a city just outside of London we have loads of people who support the London clubs. With my affection for England waning over the years, this is a brilliant chance for us all to go to a game together and support the same team. Really looking forward to it.

Best chance they'll have in a long time to make the third round I think considering the opposition are only the league above, rather than much stronger than that. Although I still imagine it will be a very difficult game as Borehamwood are doing quite well in their league.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #669 on: December 5, 2021, 09:23:05 pm »
Chesterfield should have won too, Chesterfield had a shot off the bar but the ball went over the line but goal was not given, Boro ended up equalizing & got a replay, & won the tie after the replay.
Yeah that's right, they were robbed, i remember Kevin Davies got a move to Southampton as well off that cup run.

I forgot it went to a replay.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: December 5, 2021, 10:05:51 pm »

Boreham Wood get very poor attendances for their level.  St Albans being down the road will boost the crowd with good away numbers.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #671 on: December 5, 2021, 10:09:17 pm »
Boreham Wood get very poor attendances for their level.
Would make sense. St Albans tends to be fairly tame as well, but I guess it's more of a once in a lifetime thing for St Albans fans than it is for Borehamwood, and we're not exactly a great team coming to visit. Borehamwood did ask for a similar allocation if it goes to a replay.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #672 on: December 5, 2021, 11:51:04 pm »
A shout out to my local football team, Kiddiminster Harriers firing their way into the 3rd round.

Hoping they draw Liverpool. I'll be conflicted as I've supported Kiddi for all of 3 games!!!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: December 6, 2021, 03:41:24 pm »
Would make sense. St Albans tends to be fairly tame as well, but I guess it's more of a once in a lifetime thing for St Albans fans than it is for Borehamwood, and we're not exactly a great team coming to visit. Borehamwood did ask for a similar allocation if it goes to a replay.

I think St Albans are capable more of getting good crowds in and are the league below. They were sold out in the last round.

Boreham Wood barely get a few hundred home fans while near the top of the National League (in a league with big ex league clubs who are getting crowds of 7 or 8 thousand. They played Tranmere at Wembley for promotion to the EFL and only took a couple of thousand down the road to Wembley. They haven't got much of a support base.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #674 on: December 6, 2021, 03:50:21 pm »
I think St Albans are capable more of getting good crowds in and are the league below. They were sold out in the last round.

Boreham Wood barely get a few hundred home fans while near the top of the National League (in a league with big ex league clubs who are getting crowds of 7 or 8 thousand. They played Tranmere at Wembley for promotion to the EFL and only took a couple of thousand down the road to Wembley. They haven't got much of a support base.
FA Cup of course, especially once the team gets near the final qualification stages/1st round, but league wise, week to week it's ok whenever I've been but never that great.

I'll accept that Borehamwood are worse, hopefully we can out do them tonight - could make all the difference ;D

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #675 on: December 6, 2021, 04:10:44 pm »
A shout out to my local football team, Kiddiminster Harriers firing their way into the 3rd round.

Hoping they draw Liverpool. I'll be conflicted as I've supported Kiddi for all of 3 games!!!

Fuck Kidderminster; Shaymen!!

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: December 6, 2021, 04:17:34 pm »
Fuck Kidderminster; Shaymen!!
Hey! Less of that!!!

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #677 on: December 6, 2021, 04:23:59 pm »
Hey! Less of that!!!

Was my home team would win but 2 quick goals in that first half put it to bed

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: December 6, 2021, 05:39:08 pm »
Was my home team would win but 2 quick goals in that first half put it to bed
FC Halifax? Kiddi are on form mate at the moment - they dispatched Grimsby in the last round so I was confident they'd beat Halifax too. Sorry

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #679 on: December 6, 2021, 06:18:29 pm »
FC Halifax? Kiddi are on form mate at the moment - they dispatched Grimsby in the last round so I was confident they'd beat Halifax too. Sorry

So was I but it would have nice for the Fax to make the 3rd round. Hope you get a decent draw.