Author Topic: Former LFC Player Watch ...  (Read 168414 times)

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Former LFC Player Watch ...
« Reply #280 on: September 5, 2013, 11:02:37 am »

Good to see that Krisztian Nemeth has managed to overcome all the injuries. He has started all 5 games for Roda in the Eredivisie this season, scoring in their win against Cambuur, and recording an assist in their other win against Den Haag.
"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

Offline Stringer123

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: September 9, 2013, 10:35:06 pm »
Andy Carroll has picked up another injury. The rumour is it will be another 3 months out but nothing official, so take it with a pinch of salt. Big blow for them if it's true.

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20130909/andy-carroll-update_2236884_3453082

Still can't believe that we managed to get Ł15.5m (up to Ł17.5m) back for him.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2013, 10:53:35 pm by Stringer123 »

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #282 on: September 12, 2013, 09:22:31 pm »
In a recent interview, Jonjo Shelvey mentioned this incident last season with West Ham fans at Anfield chanting "Harry Potter, he's coming for you"  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/N31xr5rTa4g?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/N31xr5rTa4g?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name</a>
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: September 16, 2013, 04:15:35 pm »
Voronin has just scored a hat trick, yes you read that right. Check this goal out from the game and all  :o - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5T9UKC-Ias#t=14

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: September 18, 2013, 04:16:51 am »
anyone remembers this kid Jonjo Shelvey? he was ace last night, scored a goal and had three assists for his team Swansea. very likely to turn into a pretty good player, if i was a betting man i'd say he'll get the chance to play for England again.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: October 13, 2013, 04:27:41 am »
Momo Sissoko, currently without a team, is working out at AS Monaco without a contract with former manager Claudio Rainieri.

http://www.ligue1.com/ligue1/article/sissoko-training-with-monaco-after-psg-release.htm

11/10/2013

After agreeing to leave Paris Saint-Germain, Mohamed Sissoko is now training with AS Monaco after specifically requesting to practice under Claudio Ranieri.
Mali international Sissoko is training with Monaco after approaching the principality side and their manager Ranieri. After spending the last six months on loan at Italian Serie A side Fiorentina, the 28-year-old Sissoko is looking for a more familiar environment, and believes he can find it thanks to the Italian coach.

"I asked to come and train here. I know Ranieri well. He coached me at both Valencia and Juventus."

Ranieri certainly has faith in Sissoko, having paid Liverpool ten million euros to secure the midfielder's services when in charge of Juventus in 2008.

With Sissoko having featured in only five games for Fiorentina last season, it is still unclear whether the towering Malian is battling to earn a contract at Monaco or simply trying to regain fitness. He would likely approve of a move to the Ligue 1 leaders, though given the summer signings of Jérémy Toulalan and Geoffrey Kondogbia, Sissoko knows the competition for midfield places promises to be fierce.

"It's quite complicated. The club and I will talk later."

---------------------

Good luck, Momo, and hope you land with a team soon!  You are Boss!

edit:  Better source
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 04:32:36 am by zabadoh »
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #286 on: October 13, 2013, 04:52:14 am »
Momo Sissoko, currently without a team, is working out at AS Monaco without a contract with former manager Claudio Rainieri.

http://www.ligue1.com/ligue1/article/sissoko-training-with-monaco-after-psg-release.htm

11/10/2013

After agreeing to leave Paris Saint-Germain, Mohamed Sissoko is now training with AS Monaco after specifically requesting to practice under Claudio Ranieri.
Mali international Sissoko is training with Monaco after approaching the principality side and their manager Ranieri. After spending the last six months on loan at Italian Serie A side Fiorentina, the 28-year-old Sissoko is looking for a more familiar environment, and believes he can find it thanks to the Italian coach.

"I asked to come and train here. I know Ranieri well. He coached me at both Valencia and Juventus."

Ranieri certainly has faith in Sissoko, having paid Liverpool ten million euros to secure the midfielder's services when in charge of Juventus in 2008.

With Sissoko having featured in only five games for Fiorentina last season, it is still unclear whether the towering Malian is battling to earn a contract at Monaco or simply trying to regain fitness. He would likely approve of a move to the Ligue 1 leaders, though given the summer signings of Jérémy Toulalan and Geoffrey Kondogbia, Sissoko knows the competition for midfield places promises to be fierce.

"It's quite complicated. The club and I will talk later."

---------------------

edit:  Better source

Went downhill so incredibly quickly. The last games of his for us, he couldn't complete a pass to save his life. He was so bad I actually felt sorry for him.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: October 13, 2013, 05:18:06 am »
Well, he played professionally for 4 years after that for Juve and PSG, so I assume he recovered, more-or-less.  I doubt that he was at the same level as before the eye injury, but at 28 he should still be in his physical prime, except for the injuries to his legs (broken foot, muscle strains, knee surgery)

But he's very comparable to Lucas Leiva in FIFA '13... ;)

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: October 14, 2013, 10:14:22 pm »

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #289 on: October 14, 2013, 11:00:19 pm »

We need a CM last I checked, if Wenger can bring Flamini back, we can bring Momo home.

Best midfield in the world....

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #290 on: October 15, 2013, 04:22:25 am »
Oh, the irony

Harry Kewell named Melbourne Heart captain

http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/a-league/harry-kewell-named-melbourne-heart-captain-20130904-2t4lr.html?

Uh...who remembers how fucking brilliant he was at Leeds? Was absolutely chuffed to bits we got him and not Duff.

Even his first six months here - he got 12 goals or something by Christmas.
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #291 on: October 15, 2013, 10:39:39 am »
Uh...who remembers how fucking brilliant he was at Leeds? Was absolutely chuffed to bits we got him and not Duff.

Even his first six months here - he got 12 goals or something by Christmas.

Personally I though he was also awesome in the 05/06 season when he was an almost ever present in the 'Gerrard-Momo-Alonso-Kewell' midfield

Great goal in the derby I seem to remember that season

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: October 15, 2013, 12:38:24 pm »

Diego Cavalieri starting for Brazil in their friendly against Zambia.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: October 15, 2013, 03:52:33 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-transfer-rumour-mill-6182520

Finally, former Liverpool player Stephen Wright was elbowed by Barnet player-manager Edgar Davids during the closing stages of Sunday's Conference clash at The Hive.

Wright, a former Liverpool and England Under 21 defender, was struck by Davids while trying to wrestle the ball from the former Juventus star to take a free-kick.

Both players were sent off but Wright, 33, came out the worse, with team-mate David Artell tweeting: "Edgar Davids should be ashamed of himself. Wrighty needs a skin graft in his mouth the hole is that big."

Footage of the incident here:  http://bcove.me/oc63ffij (UK only)

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: October 15, 2013, 04:55:39 pm »
what happened to the white Drogba? is he still injured?
YNWA

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: October 16, 2013, 09:19:02 am »

Maxi Rodriguez has scored a brace in Argentina's 2-3 loss to Uruguay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnVx7sI2Q0I

Offline Fredo C

• Anny Roader
« Reply #296 on: October 16, 2013, 12:05:08 pm »
It seems more apt to ask my question here:

I read that Kacaniklic scored against Germany the other day. It was his 3rd goal in 14 games for Sweden at the age of 22. I haven't seen much of him since we swapped him, LDV and some cash for PFK, but is he anything special or is Fulham about his level?

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: October 23, 2013, 04:56:28 pm »
Nathan Eccleston has joined Carlisle on loan from Blackpool

http://www.carlisle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=334613

--------------------

Graham Kavanagh hasn't wasted much time in moving into the transfer market following his permanent appointment as Carlisle manager.

Lee Miller being sidelined is a blow but Kavanagh has moved to bring in a player with premier league and championship experience by signing Nathan Eccleston (formerly of Liverpool) on loan from Blackpool.

Injury has disrupted his season to date with Blackpool, however this loan move will give him the chance to get some football under his belt and build up his fitness with Kavanagh excited to bring him in.

He told the official website: 'I'm hoping Nathan's going to bring pace, energy and quality to the team.

'I watched him quite a bit when he was at Liverpool but I think he's had a bit of a difficult period recently.

'He's had one or two loan moves which haven't worked and I think he will feel he has a real point to prove. He now needs to move his game to the next level and find some consistency. Hopefully he will do that with us.'

Eccleston probably hasn't developed as it was hoped he would, but he's still a very good footballer.

This loan move is a good one, which could potentially be so important for all concerned...

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: October 23, 2013, 05:05:38 pm »
Daniel Ayala to join Middlesbrough on loan from Norwich on initial 3 month loan deal with possible season long extension.

-------

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/daniel-ayala-boro-complete-loan-6226633

Boro today completed the loan signing of Norwich defender Daniel Ayala as they move to beef up at the back.

The Spanish stopper has been an on-off transfer target since the summer.

Despite not having a permanent manager in place, chairman Steve Gibson and chief executive Neil Bausor pushed through deals for the central defender quickly to strengthen a fragile rear-guard.

The move for Ayala is a three month loan deal and when the transfer window opens in January the club may extend it until the end of the season.

Ayala was in training this morning and goes straight into the squad for Friday's match with Doncaster.

Boro came extremely close to signing unsettled Norwich defender Ayala both on transfer deadline day and again before the QPR match last month and still retain an interest in the Spanish defender.

On the second attempt to sign the former Liverpool man, terms were agreed and the player had passed a medical and was poised to sign when a Norwich team-mate picked up a knock in training and the Premier League club pulled the plug as they needed Ayala as cover.

Then boss Tony Mowbray said they had come “within 15 minutes” and had even printed up a shirt with his name on the back.

----------

Phil Babb is managing Hayes & Yeading.  http://www.hertsandessexobserver.co.uk/Sport/Blues-News/Amazing-comeback-from-battling-Blues-brings-late-heartbreak-for-ex-Liverpool-defender-20131019164528.htm

----------

Mark Gonzalez is playing with CSKA Moscow, playing in the CL. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 05:13:48 pm by zabadoh »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: October 23, 2013, 05:30:51 pm »
Insua is at Atl Madrid? Didn't realise that.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: October 29, 2013, 03:59:03 pm »
Krisztian Nemeth is doing well at Roda JC in the Erdivisie.  7 goals in 14 matches.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2013/10/27/a-goal-every-other-game-hungarian-former-liverpool-starlet-final/

Djibril Cissé is playing at FC Kuban Krasnodar in the Russian Premier League.  They drew 1-1 with Swansea in Europa League last week.  Cissé scored the injury time penalty to secure the draw.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 04:05:12 pm by zabadoh »

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: October 29, 2013, 04:08:24 pm »
Antonio Nunez - after playing alongside Dani Pacheco at Huesca last year, he is now at Deportivo La Coruna.

Speaking of Dani Pacheco - he joined Alcorcon when they were unbeaten and top of the league. Since he joined, they have one just one game in eight and have dropped from first to fifteenth in the table. To add to his woes, he is now injured and has yet to score a league goal in his six appearences.

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: October 29, 2013, 10:25:48 pm »
Krisztian Nemeth is doing well at Roda JC in the Erdivisie.  7 goals in 14 matches.

Not a surprise really, since he's always had the talent. Good to see that he has finally managed to regain his fitness.

Offline Sgt. Pepper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: October 30, 2013, 07:26:36 pm »
Scored the winning goal against PSV at the weekend... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5e2bCJ88808#t=61

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: November 4, 2013, 06:45:53 pm »
Andrea Dossena, now playing for Sunderland, red carded in horror tackle on Hull City's David Meyler to send Sunderland down to 9 men, in a 1-0 loss at KC Stadium

http://www.101greatgoals.com/pictures/andrea-dossenas-shocking-tackle-on-hulls-david-meyler-sunderland-down-to-9-men/

------------

Alexander Kačaniklić was awarded a consolation goal off a Wayne Rooney deflection that was initially called an own goal, in Fulham's 1-3 loss to Man Utd.

http://asia.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2012-2013/rooney-and-van-persie-combine-to-help-united-sink-fulham_sto3987931/story.shtml

PFK!

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: November 4, 2013, 09:08:35 pm »
http://www.rsca.be/go/fr/article/34503/mohamed_sissoko (French)

Mohamed Sissoko (28 years, formerly Auxerre, Valencia, Liverpool, Juventus and PSG) has accepted an invitation from Anderlecht to train for a few weeks with the first team. The Franco-Malian has terminated his contract with PSG and it is free for the month of September. He is an experienced and powerful defensive midfielder. Both parties will decide at the end of the training period if they materialize their collaboration.  (Google translate)

Offline Fredo C

• Anny Roader
« Reply #306 on: November 5, 2013, 07:19:21 am »
http://www.rsca.be/go/fr/article/34503/mohamed_sissoko (French)

Mohamed Sissoko (28 years, formerly Auxerre, Valencia, Liverpool, Juventus and PSG) has accepted an invitation from Anderlecht to train for a few weeks with the first team. The Franco-Malian has terminated his contract with PSG and it is free for the month of September. He is an experienced and powerful defensive midfielder. Both parties will decide at the end of the training period if they materialize their collaboration.  (Google translate)

He's been there for a couple of weeks already, very likely to sign for them.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: November 5, 2013, 08:19:36 am »
Melbourne Heart captain Kewell has clocked up 66 minutes of the 360 minutes his club has played this season. Fortunately, he’s on the minimum salary of 50k per year, apparently.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Melbourne Red

• Kopite
« Reply #308 on: November 5, 2013, 09:32:17 am »
Michael Owen in Melbourne today.
Owns Brown Panther which ran in the Melbourne Cup today - unplaced but ran ok.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: November 12, 2013, 05:57:53 pm »
Dani Ayala had a dramatic match for Boro last weekend:  He was at fault for Watford's 2 goals, but headed home an injury time equalizer.  http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/350143/Middlesbrough-2-Watford-2-Daniel-Ayala-enjoys-a-weight-lift-after-quitting-the-gym

He's on a 3-month loan at Boro from Norwich City.

--------------

Paul Konchesky plays for Leicester City.

Adam Hammill is at Huddersfield Town.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 06:25:43 pm by zabadoh »

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: November 18, 2013, 05:59:10 pm »
Riise looking towards the end of his career at Fulham:

http://www.teamtalk.com/premier-league/9030549/Transfer-news-John-Arne-Riise-yet-to-decide-what-his-future-holds

Riise remains undecided
Monday 18th November 2013 15:54

John Arne Riise would like to leave Fulham in January, but remains undecided when it comes to where a move will take him.

With his contract at Craven Cottage running down, the Norwegian full-back finds himself on the fringes of the first-team fold.

No extension will be put to him before the end of the season, with Martin Jol looking to move forward with different options.

Were Riise to stick around on the banks of the Thames, he would likely see little competitive action.

For that reason, he hopes he will be granted an exit when the winter transfer window opens.

A return to his homeland, possibly at Lillestrom where his brother Bjorn Helge is on the books, has been mooted, but Riise is yet to make a definitive call on what his future will hold.

The 33-year-old defender told TV2 Sporten: "I have lived abroad for almost half of my life.

"The time might be right to move home in the New Year. It would be cool to end my career together with my brother in Lillestrom.

"But I haven't made a final decision about what I will do yet. In any case, I feel as though I can play for another four or five years."

-------

As noted elsewhere  Momo's trial with Anderlecht came to an end without an agreement.  Possibly wage or play demands got in the way.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 06:05:59 pm by zabadoh »

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #311 on: November 25, 2013, 01:42:13 pm »
Krisztián Németh, Re-finding Nemo
24 NOVEMBER ON FEATURES   

Features writer Bence Bocsak looks at the return to form of the man who once carried the hopes of a nation.

A whole nation’s hope was rested on Krisztián Németh following his emergence as a potential superstar. Hungary was finally going to have a true great playing for them, after years of struggle. Nemeth was going to lead this nation back to our glory days; he was going to be a Premiership star playing alongside Fernando Torres for Liverpool forming a deadly partnership with the Spaniard. Unfortunately though it wasn’t to be...

Németh’s career commenced with his local club Győri ETO where he spent a couple of years as a youth player before being snapped up by MTK Budapest, the club where he’d make a name for himself. Németh only spent a couple of months at his new club’s Academy before he was promoted to the first team, whilst also earning rave reviews with some eye catching performances for Hungary’s youth international sides.

He was quickly becoming one of the best strikers in the world at his age level. Therefore unsurprisingly he got his opportunity to showcase his talent for MTK Budapest’s first team towards the end of the 2005/06 season making 12 appearances and finding the net twice.

The following year, Németh’s quality became more and more evident as he established himself as a regular member of MTK. He bagged 12 goals in the Hungarian league that year and constantly faced media attentions due to speculation over his future. Many of Europe’s top clubs were after the Hungarian, however the eventual choice of Németh was Liverpool as he signed a three year contract with the Reds alongside his compatriot Andras Simon.

He began his Liverpool career on fire and helped the club’s Reserve side lift the Reserve Premier League in his first season, finishing the campaign as the top goalscorer. Many were now claiming it was only a matter of time until Németh got his chance for the first team.

During the summer of 2008, Németh made his first senior appearance for the Reds in a friendly match against Villareal. What followed next was an outstanding cameo from Németh again Rangers a couple of weeks later. The Hungarian assisted Yossi Benayoun’s goal before winning a penalty to ensure Liverpool’s victory.

Németh even had the chance to go out on loan that summer with a number of potential suitors looking to acquire the Hungarian’s services for a year including Leeds United.

However the striker was adamant that he wanted to fight his way into Benitez’s first team plans and thus refused to go out on loan.

6 months later though, still without a first team appearance Németh decided that he wanted a taste of competitive first team football and was subsequently sent out on loan to Championship side Blackpool.

Unfortunately his loan spell was cut short after fracturing his cheek bone on his debut and as a result he was sent back to Liverpool which came as a real disappointment for the Hungarian, and more worryingly injuries continued to affect his career whilst his time at Liverpool.

In the summer of 2009, he was finally fit and sharp raring to go and undoubtedly enjoying some of the best moments of his career.

First he bagged a brace for the Reds’ first team in Singapore and shone throughout the other friendly games he featured in, exciting Liverpudlians around the world as it appeared the striker was finally making his breakthrough.

Later that summer Németh also led Hungary to a third place finish in the U20 World Cup beating Italy in the semi-finals thanks to an extra time brace from the Liverpool striker. It was an achievement that brought a lot of hope for the nation back home as well as confirming further just how much potential Németh possessed.

However Németh’s latter years at Liverpool proved to be a real struggle for the Hungarian.

In the 2009/10 season the striker might have had a look in due to Liverpool’s injury problems with the likes of Fernando Torres being sidelined for much of the campaign. It subsequently meant the Reds finishing outside of the top four and ultimately led to Rafa’s sacking.

You can only wonder what would have been if Németh was in contention, however instead the Hungarian was sent out on loan in the summer to AEK Athens. Admittedly the forward struggled with injuries himself with the Greek club, an ankle injury which he sustained on international duty with Hungary would rule him out for several months during the latter stages of the campaign. Overall Németh showed glimpses of his quality at AEK as he managed to find the net just three times in 19 appearances for the club.

Following Benitez’s departure as manager of Liverpool, Roy Hodgson was the man who took over. The current England coach made some baffling decisions in the transfer market purchasing the likes of Chrisitan Poulsen and Paul Konchesky. However with Liverpool’s lack of striking options upfront, arguably one of the most shocking dealings he undertook was selling Németh to Olympiacos.

Németh struggled to fit into the Greek side’s first team plans and continuous injury problems prevented him from making a real claim for first team opportunities. Therefore he was loaned out to Olympiacos Volos.

Németh unfortunately continued to sustain little niggles here and there that halted his development as well as his performances at Volos with him only finding the back of the net once in 13 appearances.

Shockingly to add to his misery his contract was terminated with Olympiakos at the end of the season making Németh a free agent. However with no European suitors and still carrying an injury, the Hungarian struggled to find a club for himself. For most he was too much of a gamble to take and subsequently it left Krisztián in a bad state. Arguably the year 2011 was the darkest time of his short career thus far.

In the end he didn’t find a club for himself and returned to the team where it all began for him at MTK Budapest. During his short return to the club the Hungarian was mainly there to keep his fitness levels up and only made a few brief appearances for MTK who were battling to get back to the first division of Hungarian football following their shock relegation the previous year. Memorably Németh did manage to grab a goal on his return against Soproni VSE.

January 2012 proved to be the month where Németh’s revitalisation commenced. Once again match fit and determined to prove his doubters wrong. For the manager of RKC Waalwijk, Ruud Brood, Németh’s eagerness to get back to his best was admirable and therefore the Dutch coached signed the Hungarian.

Németh became an instant hit in the Eredvisie, playing just off the striker – a role he wasn’t even relatively familiar with; he helped to guide Waalwijk to one of the European spots in the league.

Now only a play off was left to determine their fate. RKC convincingly beat FC Twente in the 1st round however they fell short in the second and despite Nemeth scoring against Vitesse they suffered a 5-2 loss on aggregate. Nevertheless though, it appeared the Hungarian striker was finally back to his best.

With the departure of Ruud Brood from RKC - the manager who placed faith in Németh when he required it the most, there was no surprise that the Hungarian followed his coach to Roda.

At his new club Németh was no longer guaranteed a place in the starting line-up, and with star striker Malki ahead of him in the pecking order, the Hungarian had to make do with playing just behind the striker once again. His goal tally suffered as a result with Németh only managing to score twice all season, although that may have been partly down to Roda’s poor performances as the club merely escaped relegation from the Eredvisie.

This campaign, Malki left Roda opening up the door for Németh to play in his preferred role. Thus far I think it’s fair to say that the Hungarian has grabbed the opportunity with both hands and has been on an incredible run of form lately scoring four times and giving two assists in his last 6 matches.

Furthermore he has also bagged his first international goal for Hungary against Estonia and it appears he’s showing signs of his former self.

Unfortunately for Németh his career was blighted with injuries early on which has quite clearly affected his sharpness, he’s not as fast as he used to be, whereas before he very much relied on his pace to speed past opponents and put the ball into the back of the net. Nowadays he’s much more of a technical player who has a few tricks up his sleeve allowing him to hold the ball up when he plays upfront ultimately bringing others into play. He’s also become more clinical in front of goal and his confidence has evidently increased. Watching him on his current form is super and I hope it never stops.

More importantly if he continues to score on a regular basis and dominate matches for Roda, he’ll easily end up with 15-20 goals and 10-15 assists come the end of the campaign. We have seen players with that kind of stats go onto bigger and better things from the Eredvisie and many have also ended up in the Premier League. Therefore there’s a good chance that sooner or later we could see Németh make the step-up to a so called big league and continue his quest to prove his potential.

Personally if I was Németh, I’d probably opt to join a club in the Spanish, Italian or German top flight which is physically lighter than the Premier League. Especially with his injury record moving to England could be detrimental to his career as you need to have a high standard of fitness to be able to compete in the Premier League. For me the intensity and the pressure would be too much for him. Whereas in the Bundesliga or the Liga BVA he’ll get more space on the ball and will be in an environment that he’s more suited to and he’ll subsequently be able to flourish.

Nevertheless at the moment I’m just hoping he continues his extraordinary run of form, as with Németh we’re used to witnessing disappointment, mostly due to injuries. However if he keeps fit and finds the back of the net regularly there’s no doubt that he’ll be an asset for Roda and the National team.

http://www.hungarianfootball.com/2013/11/krisztian-nemeth-re-finding-nemo/
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline rvk_1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #312 on: November 26, 2013, 01:16:57 pm »
my colleague who is a hammer says a source at the club told him that its curtains for AC.

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #313 on: November 26, 2013, 01:28:09 pm »
Mikel San José scored for Bilbao yesterday.
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #314 on: November 26, 2013, 02:16:15 pm »
Mikel San José scored for Bilbao yesterday.
He's turned into a decent player.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: November 27, 2013, 09:33:47 pm »
Marvin Pourie came on as a sub tonight for FC Copenhagen against Juve in the Champions League.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: December 3, 2013, 04:01:28 pm »
QPR have signed Benayoun on an 18 month deal.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline U13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: December 14, 2013, 05:57:09 pm »
Nemeth just scored a very tidy goal for Roda against NEC to put them 0-2 up

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: December 21, 2013, 04:04:37 pm »

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: December 22, 2013, 12:05:20 pm »

Nemeth looking good for Roda against Ajax. You could see that he has regained his fitness. The talent was always there.