Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 584489 times)

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
Bit like the music and the Eagle fellas rocking up in Lord of the rings.
or Brian Blessed in Flash Gordon? 😂

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
One minor worry about Jota, I always feel he take a bit of time to warm up from an injury and fire on all cylinders. More so than some of our other players.

Still, coming off the bench for a few game is a great option.

Hmm... not sure about that.
Might have been the case before, but last time he came back from an injury he was banging them in straight away and did not stop.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Hmm... not sure about that.
Might have been the case before, but last time he came back from an injury he was banging them in straight away and did not stop.

Key is getting that first goal quickly. Did that last time and picked up where he left off. Last season he couldn't get his eye back in in front of goal when he returned
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
Timing of Trent’s & Ali’s return can be really good. Kelleher and Bradley have been outstanding up to now and I think Ali and Trent carrying some of the heavy workload now is perfect. This run in will be very intense and options with experience of this type of pressure are great to have. This pressure on the less experienced squad players (Quansah also for example) will be increasingly heavy as time passes.

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
Great to have two top GKs. I'd still give Kelleher the Europa League games based on his form with Becker playing the league games.

If Alisson is fit for Sunday and stays fit then Thursday should be Kelleher's last game of the season.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
If Alisson is fit for Sunday and stays fit then Thursday should be Kelleher's last game of the season.
That would be great reward to a player who has served us so well while Alisson has been injured.

Kelleher deserves to play in the remaining Europa League games. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
One minor worry about Jota, I always feel he take a bit of time to warm up from an injury and fire on all cylinders. More so than some of our other players.

Always thought he is like Matip. Comes back like he wasn't injured.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
I'd give Kelleher this Thursday, and possibly next Thursday, but that's it. Allisson for every other game. Kelleher will already have exceeded any expectations he had for gametime this season.

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
That would be great reward to a player who has served us so well while Alisson has been injured.

Kelleher deserves to play in the remaining Europa League games.

There shouldn't be any sentiment or reward involved, we're at the business end of the season and there's trophies to be won. The best goalkeeper in the world should be playing every game if he's fit enough as he gives us a better chance of winning those trophies. If Alisson hadn't have had an injury he'd be playing these games anyway. Kelleher has been great but his reward will be a winners medal if we win any further trophies.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
There shouldn't be any sentiment or reward involved, we're at the business end of the season and there's trophies to be won. The best goalkeeper in the world should be playing every game if he's fit enough as he gives us a better chance of winning those trophies. If Alisson hadn't have had an injury he'd be playing these games anyway. Kelleher has been great but his reward will be a winners medal if we win any further trophies.
Alisson hasn't played any Europa League minutes this season so it's wrong to say he would have been playing those games anyway.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1

Don’t all players?
Jones is rusty, Jota & Trent will be rusty too
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
Alisson hasn't played any Europa League minutes this season so it's wrong to say he would have been playing those games anyway.

He played in the Union home game in October :wave

Either way though when its come to FA Cup games Alisson has always played the important matches and Kelleher the earlier rounds if against lower opposition. From the quarters Alisson has always played, Klopp would have done the same here. Kelleher has done a great job but Alisson is several levels above and there's trophies to win so if he's fit then Kelleher's season should be over soon

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan

Either way though when its come to FA Cup games Alisson has always played the important matches and Kelleher the earlier rounds if against lower opposition. From the quarters Alisson has always played, Klopp would have done the same here. Kelleher has done a great job but Alisson is several levels above and there's trophies to win so if he's fit then Kelleher's season should be over soon

Kelleher was injured for that game.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Ali not in full training but seemed to suggest it’s good we are playing so often going forward.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
I'd give Kelleher this Thursday, and possibly next Thursday, but that's it. Allisson for every other game. Kelleher will already have exceeded any expectations he had for gametime this season.

Agreed. I'd actually try and get Alisson in next week if he can play it, regardless of the scoreline tomorrow, just for minutes. Kelleher has been very good but it's the deep end of a European competition now, take no chances, the best in the business has to play.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
Kelleher was injured for that game.

What's that got to do with me replying to the statement "Alisson hasn't played any Europa League matches this season"?

Agreed. I'd actually try and get Alisson in next week if he can play it, regardless of the scoreline tomorrow, just for minutes. Kelleher has been very good but it's the deep end of a European competition now, take no chances, the best in the business has to play.

This guy gets it.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Jota will be the difference now. We would have ran out easy winners against United with him in the team. Honestly believe we are winning the title this season iv'e become more and more confident as the weeks go by. The way the squad have handled the injury crisis has been nothing short of amazing and to be only behind on goal difference with 7 to go is very exciting. These lads coming back now will push us over the finish line. Come on you Reds  :champ :champ
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd

He played one game while Kelleher was injured.

Kelleher will play the remaining Europa League games, like the EFL cup. 

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
I personally think the plan would have been play Kelleher in the group games and then Alisson in the knockouts, but of course he got injured so it's been Kelleher throughout bar the USG game. I completely agreed with that at the start of the season, was obviously nice for Kelleher to get the minutes in very winnable games. Klopp has said loads of times over the past few years 'it's his competition' in regard to both of them (Alisson usually getting everything bar the League Cup, but usually we've been in the Champions League, where he'd obviously still be playing in if we were in it).

Maybe he will keep Kelleher in should we progress, I just don't really see the point of not going back to Alisson even though we can win it with Kelleher. I think if Alisson is fit but he starts Kelleher next Thursday, he'll stay in for the potential semis and final. Any result tomorrow and I think Ali should play the second leg. Win comfortably and he has a nice game to come back and get 90 minutes in. If we win a tight game however, or draw/lose, there's just no benefits to not starting your best keeper, perhaps the best keeper in general. It might be harsh on Kelleher but as long as Alisson is here he'll always be the back up, and he's played close to 30 odd games already this season. Not bad going for a deputy.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 02:20:55 pm by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
What's that got to do with me replying to the statement "Alisson hasn't played any Europa League matches this season"?

You know  :wave

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ali is in full training.
I think he shpuld play Thursday as a good bit of prep for Sunday

The Boss has previously played Ali in games that were supposed to be for Kelleher when it was a case that Ali needed the minutes.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Kelleher will play the remaining Europa League games, like the EFL cup. 
can't say that with any degree of certainty

Allison played the chelsea FA cup final final last time we went deep in two competitions, and he's already played the Arsenal FA cup game this season (when Kelleher was available).

Tends to be the case that as the business end of non-league cup tournaments we play our number 1. Find it most likely that'd be the case if we're fortunate enough for the question to arise this season.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp also said Jota and Trent had been around the first team for longer….

We will see!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
can't say that with any degree of certainty

Allison played the chelsea FA cup final final last time we went deep in two competitions, and he's already played the Arsenal FA cup game this season (when Kelleher was available).

Tends to be the case that as the business end of non-league cup tournaments we play our number 1. Find it most likely that'd be the case if we're fortunate enough for the question to arise this season.
If we're equating domestic cup competitions to European competitions, the Europa League is the EFL and the Champions League is the FA Cup.

Kelleher has tended to play all EFL cup games and I don’t expect that to change in the Europa League. Klopp won’t forget how much he’s helped us out this season and bench him for the rest of the season. Besides, why give Alisson more opportunities to get injured again.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
Maybe just wait and see? :D Kelleher has for sure demonstrated he's more than capable of playing first team games. Of course Alisson is the better keeper, he's the best in the world, but he's coming back from a muscle injury and as daft as it may seem to limit a goalkeepers minutes, it wouldn't be particularly wild to do that on this occasion.

Some of those saying we should just play Alisson in every game if he's fit would absolutely lose their shit if we played him in the second leg in Italy and he got injured.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Ali is in full training.
I think he shpuld play Thursday as a good bit of prep for Sunday

The Boss has previously played Ali in games that were supposed to be for Kelleher when it was a case that Ali needed the minutes.

He’s not. Klopp confirmed in presser.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
If we're equating domestic cup competitions to European competitions, the Europa League is the EFL and the Champions League is the FA Cup.

Kelleher has tended to play all EFL cup games and I don’t expect that to change in the Europa League. Klopp won’t forget how much he’s helped us out this season and bench him for the rest of the season. Besides, why give Alisson more opportunities to get injured again.

Why play Alisson at all then? He might get injured. Might as well tell him to retire, the risk is too great!

I'd put money on Alisson starting any semi final and final in the Europa League at the most and I think he'd start the second leg of the quarter final as well.

You know  :wave

I really don't. Someone said he hadn't played any minutes, I pointed out that he had played minutes so a factual error was corrected. No idea what your point has got to do with it though.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Why play Alisson at all then? He might get injured. Might as well tell him to retire, the risk is too great!

I'd put money on Alisson starting any semi final and final in the Europa League at the most and I think he'd start the second leg of the quarter final as well.

I really don't. Someone said he hadn't played any minutes, I pointed out that he had played minutes so a factual error was corrected. No idea what your point has got to do with it though.
Yeah, Klopp was more positive about Jota and Trent. No need to rush him.
W

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm not. Europa is evidently a lot bigger/more important than the league cup (and FA cup too, which has this season been deemed important enough for Alli to start in).

well, of course Klopp "won't forget" the contribution, but you only need to look at how much Clark has featured lately (or Danns. Or Kostas) to see that a serious football club plays their best players when they have the chance.
Some of those saying we should just play Alisson in every game if he's fit would absolutely lose their shit if we played him in the second leg in Italy and he got injured.
;D be serious

he got his most serious injury for us while training anyway - so if we were to follow the logic of those who think limiting his games will help prevent injury, we would be better off limiting his training (which playing games does reduce)
my guess too
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 04:32:32 pm by classycarra »

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
I'm not. Europa is evidently a lot bigger/more important than the league cup (and FA cup too, which has this season been deemed important enough for Alli to start in).
well, of course Klopp "won't forget" the contribution, but you only need to look at how much Clark has featured lately (or Danns. Or Kostas) to see that a serious football club plays their best players when they have the chance.;D be serious
Yeah I'm not sure comparing Kelleher's contribution to Clark's handfull of appearances really works as any sort of proof of what will happen in the future.

If the Europa League is evidently more important than the League Cup (and FA cup too, which has this season been deemed important enough for Alli to start in), why has Alisson only played one game out of four he's been avaialble for (and that was when Kelleher was injured)?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah I'm not sure comparing Kelleher's contribution to Clark's handfull of appearances really works as any sort of proof of what will happen in the future.

If the Europa League is evidently more important than the League Cup (and FA cup too, which has this season been deemed important enough for Alli to start in), why has Alisson only played one game out of four he's been avaialble for (and that was when Kelleher was injured)?
surprised you need to ask, but it's because the standard in the europa last 8 is greatly superior than the standard in the group stages (where we regularly started the likes of ben doak and other very unproven players on the way to coasting through a very easy group draw)

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ali all the way now for me, or definitely from the semi's on and league games, Kelleher has had plenty of game time this season so should be happy enough.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
;D be serious

he got his most serious injury for us while training anyway - so if we were to follow the logic of those who think limiting his games will help prevent injury, we would be better off limiting his training (which playing games does reduce)

100% serious! There’s been carnage in here whenever a player has got injured during a game

Online kop306

• Anny Roader
does anyone know what injury thiago has ?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

all of them.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan

What is odd is that he picked up the injury against Arsenal. We didn't see him limp off or anything yet he's out for the season? Hard to believe he carried on with a torn muscle if that is what it is.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
What is odd is that he picked up the injury against Arsenal. We didn't see him limp off or anything yet he's out for the season? Hard to believe he carried on with a torn muscle if that is what it is.

He wasn't on the pitch long enough to limp off it.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
he’s dead Jim
W

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'

His whole body has turned into high quality biscuits.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
he’s dead Jim

Can you fix him?
I'm a doctor, Jim, not a miracle worker.