Author Topic: PL: Arse vs Liv 3-1 Saka 13 o.g. 45+3’ Martinelli 67’ Trossard 90+2’  (Read 33458 times)

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
Re: PL: Arse vs Liv 3-1 Saka 13 o.g. 45+3’ Martinelli 67’ Trossard 90+2’
« Reply #720 on: February 4, 2024, 08:45:16 pm »
More than Guardiola? How weird.
At least he has a reason to be arrogant. Don’t really care for either of them fwiw.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Huyrob

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #721 on: February 4, 2024, 08:46:40 pm »
I’m taking a positive.
Thiago got a few minutes
Trent got a few minutes
Robbo got a few minutes
Endo is back
Szob ( hopefully) will be available in a week or so.
Mo should be available in 2/ 3 weeks.
Al and Virg will never do that again.
Brad should be available soon… condolences to him.
Onwards and upwards.

Offline TheMan

• Main Stander
« Reply #722 on: February 4, 2024, 08:46:51 pm »
I really want Klopp to finish up with a title win. I think I want it too much, and I rarely get the things I want too much. This was a blow. A win would have really put the pressure on City and boosted us. Gutted really. I know people will say it was a bad day at the office, let's bounce back with a few wins etc. but our chances of winning the league lessened a good deal today. Gutted.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #723 on: February 4, 2024, 08:47:56 pm »
So poor. Thought we'd cracked it start of second half and would push on but pressing the self-destruct button with that second goal and we never looked like getting back into it.

Going from arguably our best performance in midweek to our worst performance of the season, this is the one where the injuries did take hold.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: February 4, 2024, 08:48:38 pm »
We haven’t played that bad in a long while. Wow that was bad.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #725 on: February 4, 2024, 08:50:27 pm »
I really want Klopp to finish up with a title win. I think I want it too much, and I rarely get the things I want too much. This was a blow. A win would have really put the pressure on City and boosted us. Gutted really. I know people will say it was a bad day at the office, let's bounce back with a few wins etc. but our chances of winning the league lessened a good deal today. Gutted.

No one expected us to win it and it’s in our hands with 15 games to go.

You either regroup and go again or give up.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Oh Jimmy Jimmy

• Main Stander
« Reply #726 on: February 4, 2024, 08:51:24 pm »
We all have an opinion.. Watching The Reds since the 60's in thousands of games entitles me to mine..

Absolutely, and your post was a good one. Not sure why people are being so precious, but maybe the modern generation can’t take a little bit of fair analysis - Jones, Elliott, Nunez, Gravenberch and Gakpo wouldn’t have got near a  Liverpool League  winning side….maybe they will develop, but not now.

Arsenal have bossed our midfield 3 times in 6 weeks…we badly missed Conor who has reenergised this team….time for Trent in midfield Jurgen.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #727 on: February 4, 2024, 08:52:56 pm »
Absolutely, and your post was a good one. Not sure why people are being so precious, but maybe the modern generation can’t take a little bit of fair analysis - Jones, Elliott, Nunez, Gravenberch and Gakpo wouldn’t have got near a  Liverpool League  winning side….maybe they will develop, but not now.

Arsenal have bossed our midfield 3 times in 6 weeks…we badly missed Conor who has reenergised this team….time for Trent in midfield Jurgen.

What a load of horseshit again.

Jones has been brilliant for months.

Nunez is also a striker.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2024, 08:54:29 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #728 on: February 4, 2024, 08:54:01 pm »
Can I tell some of the younger ones on here that in my day we could lose 7-8-9 games a season and still win the league, with City raising the bar we have to be almost perfect these days.
Arsenal are on par with us and in many ways better, this is a new team and can only get better. For me Jones, Grav, Elliot and even Gomez are not top notch and Nunez is not the type to win you games.
We have only really lost one game not counting the Spurs game and overall we are doing really well..

Why would we have to be perfect?

City have played 21 League games and dropped points in a third of them. They have already drew 4 and lost 3.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #729 on: February 4, 2024, 08:54:38 pm »
Still haven't lost in the league with 11 men on the pitch this season....
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #730 on: February 4, 2024, 08:56:05 pm »
Still put them out the cup.  :nirnir

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: February 4, 2024, 08:56:40 pm »
Why would we have to be perfect?

City have played 21 League games and dropped points in a third of them. They have already drew 4 and lost 3.

It's confusing to me that people ignore this everytime we drop points. Surely you'd be looking for the points of comfort after a loss.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #732 on: February 4, 2024, 08:57:23 pm »

It is absolute bollocks though.

You would think we continually put out sides with 11 superstars. We had loads of players who won multiple titles who barely played International football. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #733 on: February 4, 2024, 08:57:44 pm »
Can I tell some of the younger ones on here that in my day we could lose 7-8-9 games a season and still win the league, with City raising the bar we have to be almost perfect these days.
Arsenal are on par with us and in many ways better, this is a new team and can only get better. For me Jones, Grav, Elliot and even Gomez are not top notch and Nunez is not the type to win you games.
We have only really lost one game not counting the Spurs game and overall we are doing really well..

The same Nunez that won the game at Newcastle?

The same Gomez who has been incredible all season?

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: February 4, 2024, 08:57:46 pm »
Awful today. Didn’t deserve a thing but somehow stayed in the game and our two most senior players gift wrapped Arsenal the win. It felt like with all the injuries a game too far. It happens they are a good team it’s one of those to move on from quickly and not dwell on it.

Hopefully get back to winning ways next week and players will start coming back.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #735 on: February 4, 2024, 08:57:46 pm »

You both seem to have forgotten that those sides all had players like the ones named. In fact not as good as some of those named. Your Joey Jones’s, Nigel Spackman’s, Sammy Lee’s, Brian Hall’s etc
All good players, all important players but not World beaters
« Last Edit: February 4, 2024, 09:00:30 pm by duvva 💅 »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: February 4, 2024, 08:57:53 pm »
Not a gimme for City tomorrow...

Offline Oh Jimmy Jimmy

• Main Stander
« Reply #737 on: February 4, 2024, 09:00:03 pm »
What a load of horseshit again.

Jones has been brilliant for months.

Nunez is also a striker.

Be nice for Curtis to do it in a big game when we really need him, but agree he has been good these past few months. 

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #738 on: February 4, 2024, 09:00:26 pm »
Not a gimme for City tomorrow...

I'm pretty sure city will win tomorrow and their game in hand but even then the title is still in our own hands if people want to look that far ahead.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: February 4, 2024, 09:00:32 pm »

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: February 4, 2024, 09:01:24 pm »

Except that there was no analysis. Just writing off extremely exciting young players, who have made excellent contributions so far this season, on the basis of one poor team performance. Also, Jones and Elliot have already been part of a league winning squad.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #741 on: February 4, 2024, 09:01:40 pm »
Be nice for Curtis to do it in a big game when we really need him, but agree he has been good these past few months. 

Which he has done.

We lost as the whole Team were poor today.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #742 on: February 4, 2024, 09:01:53 pm »
I’m actually glad Klopp pulled Trent off. He was awful and looked half arsed.

It’s so unfortunate what happened with Bradley because I am sure he wouldn’t have been as bad as Trent was today. It’s a testament to him that we’ve missed him so much.
YWNA

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #743 on: February 4, 2024, 09:04:03 pm »
I really hate losing to this Arsenal side. The same shit every time. They’re desperate to be us, so when they do beat us it means everything to them.

Their ridiculous anthem they’ve started playing before every match, which makes your ears bleed if you listen to the actual song, their shameless adopting of Allez Allez Allez. Arteta doing the fist pumps at the end of the game.

Enjoy this while it lasts, because you’re winning nothing this season.

Absolute Tryhard FC.

Been gifted 9 league goals in a row against us without having to earn them (we haven't given anything like that kind of charity against any other team), and they swan around like peak Barcelona.

Bunch of wankers. They'll drop points against shite soon enough, and they won't win anything of consequence any time soon either.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #744 on: February 4, 2024, 09:05:29 pm »
Can I just say..

It's not that there is "no room for error" now.

We only have to win 15 in a row if City win all their remaining games, now they have currently won 7 in a row....they always do like a 10 game winning run at some point but will they really do what they've never done and win 22 in a row??

I don't think so.
Let's just see how it all unfolds, especially as European footy starts up again.

They will drop points more than once more i think, so will we...Arsenal definitely will.

All part of the fun.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: February 4, 2024, 09:05:36 pm »
Bad day but shit happens.

The same players that some have deemed not good enough are the reason we’re in this position.

As long as we see this as a one off setback and kick on from here then there’s no reason why we can’t be in with a shout for the title come May.

Obviously the key thing is being a more lucky with injuries now as it’s clearly going to take its toll. Being in multiple competitions is great but you do almost need two first 11’s to be able to keep the energy levels high.

Let’s see what happens but ultimately as this is the last few months of one of our greatest managers, I’ll be damned if I don’t just embrace everything that comes it’s way.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #746 on: February 4, 2024, 09:05:51 pm »

Is this the same Gomez who Klopp was praising to the skies only the other day?  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #747 on: February 4, 2024, 09:06:54 pm »
Brentford did the double over them last year.
Oh! the old other teams will help us out argument. Well that's worked well  in the past.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: February 4, 2024, 09:07:51 pm »
When Amir makes sense you know the rest of you moaning fuckers are in the wrong.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: February 4, 2024, 09:08:14 pm »
Not gonna blame anyone but Nunez is just such an important player for us, with his movement he creates so much space. For himself and others. It’s noticeable when he doesn’t play.

But overall it feels like a game where we weren’t just in it as much and a bit tired. We will be even better next game.

Offline Oh Jimmy Jimmy

• Main Stander
« Reply #750 on: February 4, 2024, 09:08:36 pm »
You both seem to have forgotten that those sides all had players like the ones named. Your Joey Jones’s, Nigel Spackman’s, Sammy Lee’s, Brian Hall’s etc

Yes, and these players all looked good when the had the world class champions beside them,…today we were without Mo, Dom, a fit Trent, Robbo, and Virgil and Ali decided to wait until the biggest game of the season to have a brain fuck. It happens.

Not speaking for Cormack, but what really annoys old timers like me is someone like Nunez coming in, not convincing, and being treated as a cult hero. At 1- 1, hi m blazing that wild shot over when he should have played it across the box is unforgivable, and as far away as a Liverpool player as you are likely to see.  But hey, let’s sing his name..

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #751 on: February 4, 2024, 09:08:51 pm »
Well that was depressing.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: February 4, 2024, 09:09:00 pm »
Oh! the old other teams will help us out argument. Well that's worked well  in the past.

The point is you're treating this Man city side like they are Brazil 1970 for fucks sakes. 

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: February 4, 2024, 09:09:55 pm »
Yes, and these players all looked good when the had the world class champions beside them,…today we were without Mo, Dom, a fit Trent, Robbo, and Virgil and Ali decided to wait until the biggest game of the season to have a brain fuck. It happens.

Not speaking for Cormack, but what really annoys old timers like me is someone like Nunez coming in, not convincing, and being treated as a cult hero. At 1- 1, hi m blazing that wild shot over when he should have played it across the box is unforgivable, and as far away as a Liverpool player as you are likely to see.  But hey, let’s sing his name..

Unforgivable  ;D

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #754 on: February 4, 2024, 09:10:49 pm »

But Nunez has been excellent this season.

Aren’t supporters meant to support ?

Online DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #755 on: February 4, 2024, 09:11:33 pm »
You both seem to have forgotten that those sides all had players like the ones named. In fact not as good as some of those named. Your Joey Jones’s, Nigel Spackman’s, Sammy Lee’s, Brian Hall’s etc

I remember Gary Albett and David Burrows real weaklinks in that 87-88 side

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #756 on: February 4, 2024, 09:11:55 pm »
We need 12 wins and that includes beating City.
I think we’ll need a win at one of Yernited, Everton and Villa too or at least a couple of draws.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: February 4, 2024, 09:12:09 pm »
My response is to both you and Cormack mate. Everyone of our great teams have had players who people think weren't worthy. Some people even thought Hatley wasn't good enough. Some thought Whelan was a lucky man to be in such a great side.
Fagan & some fans had a disdain for Craig Johnson but I loved him.
There's examples for every great era.
Rafa's era wasn't spectacular but if we had Mane instead of Kuyt we'd have won more. And so on and so on.

But re Curtis Jones - those remarks need a pull. He's a fine footballer, he really is part of this seasons drive to where ever we're going. Without Jones we wouldn't be on for a quadruple.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: February 4, 2024, 09:12:30 pm »
I can take the defeat but the ease with which we were tactically and physically dominated by Arsenal was hugely worrying. I think the fact they're further down the line in paying off the stadium has allowed them to buy players like Rice, who was simply outstanding today. I still can't work out if Arteta is a great manager or if he just has an incredible squad but he has made the Emirates as tough to play at as Highbury.

Sorry, this is absolute bollocks. Are you 'The North Bank' under a different username?

Even if they've paid off the stadium, there's no way they should be able to outspend us. We are by any parameter a bigger club, have a far bigger fanbase, far higher revenues, have massively outperformed them since 2016 (with the exception of last season) in every possible way, and have sold far more players for big money.

Arsenal have taken loans and risks to bankroll their absolutely massive spend. No one should be justifying if and saying it's completely normal that their net spend is four times ours since 2019.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2024, 09:33:06 pm by decosabute »

Online hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #759 on: February 4, 2024, 09:12:49 pm »
The point is you're treating this Man city side like they are Brazil 1970 for fucks sakes. 
The point is they've won the title how many times since Klopp has been here? ffs. Don't rely on others, do it yourself.