Author Topic: Thank you Carra!  (Read 56045 times)

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Thank you Carra!
« Reply #520 on: February 14, 2024, 09:43:12 pm »
So never comment on anything anyone’s ever done wrong then?

you just need to check with red_mark first if it’s acceptable!

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: February 14, 2024, 09:51:44 pm »
Still think he's lucky he's still on tv after that spitting incident.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: February 14, 2024, 09:53:41 pm »
Clear the vast majority of people on here are fucking perfect. You clueless weirdos

Everything okay? Sensitive soul!

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #523 on: February 14, 2024, 09:58:21 pm »
So never comment on anything anyone’s ever done wrong then?

Comment on it. But the level of abuse is fucking absurd.

You'd think he'd wrote in the s*n the way people carry on here.

He might not be your cup of tea. But you have to accept you're posting allegedly as a Liverpool fan, on a Liverpool forum about an ex player who played 737 times for Liverpool.
I'm pretty sure that's 737 times more than most on here. In fact, unless your name is Ian Callaghan, it's more than you.

Online DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: February 14, 2024, 10:01:45 pm »

He might not be your cup of tea. But you have to accept you're posting allegedly as a Liverpool fan, on a Liverpool forum about an ex player who played 737 times for Liverpool.
I'm pretty sure that's 737 times more than most on here. In fact, unless your name is Ian Callaghan, it's more than you.

A mute during G & H tenure = absolute cowardly shithouse

Whatever he did on the pitch doesn't admonish that.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #525 on: February 14, 2024, 10:02:48 pm »
The pathetic parochial attitudes of Gerrard and Carragher would have run this club into the ground. Overseas managers are not in thrall to the equally pathetic and parochial media in this country either, so wouldn't have worried about the backlash of letting them go. Obvious then why we got a duffer like Hodgson in charge with these two brain addled fools in the squad.

Both of them became a millstone around the clubs neck by the time they left. Even Gerrard, whose last season was abject and one of the reasons we were humiliated at the end of the season. It was always a narrative of 'Rodgers fucked it all up' but ageing Gerrard was one of the primary reasons why every team was carving through the midfield like a hot knife through butter.

Online DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: February 14, 2024, 10:03:28 pm »
Speaks volumes about you and others that you believe he should be exempt from any criticism on account of racking up a load of appearances.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: February 14, 2024, 10:04:03 pm »

Where's the abuse?

He's an alleged Liverpool fan who spends a fair chunk of his time shitting on the club with millions of people watching/listening.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #528 on: February 14, 2024, 10:10:23 pm »

Again, not really sure what relevance playing for Liverpool has. If that makes you immune from any sort of criticism then someone needs to tell El Hadji Diouf

Online DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: February 14, 2024, 10:12:30 pm »
Still think he's lucky he's still on tv after that spitting incident.

There's far worse c*nts on tv. Was clearly the stupid manc aul lad he was aiming for. I can certainly sympathise with him over that incident.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #530 on: February 14, 2024, 10:24:41 pm »
Where's the abuse?

He's an alleged Liverpool fan who spends a fair chunk of his time shitting on the club with millions of people watching/listening.

You're right. He's clearly never been criticised or abused in here.

Speaks volumes about you and others that you believe he should be exempt from any criticism on account of racking up a load of appearances.

I didn't say he's exempt. There's few ex players who are exempt.

Personally the fucking nonsense spouted by fellas who never set a foot wrong goes slightly over the top.

Again, not really sure what relevance playing for Liverpool has. If that makes you immune from any sort of criticism then someone needs to tell El Hadji Diouf

Playing for Liverpool is one thing. The lad made 737 appearances. Equating him with Diouf is fucking disrespectful

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: February 14, 2024, 10:33:29 pm »
Where's the abuse?
have you read the thread? ;D

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: February 14, 2024, 10:44:36 pm »
You're right. He's clearly never been criticised or abused in here.

There's a huge difference between criticism and abuse though isn't there?

have you read the thread? ;D

Ha tbf I only looked back through the last page and there was nothing which stuck out.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: February 15, 2024, 12:48:59 am »
Carragher must have been casting mind control spells to be mediocre and washed up but still being picked in defence by Rafa every week and being given a fat contract. You'd almost think he was one of the two dressing room leaders, coming off a season where he played more than anyone else in the squad and we had the second best defence in the league. He must be shit, he couldn't more than 38 caps for England when Terry, Ferdinand, Campbell and King were all in their prime.

As for the rest, it's laughable. He's a bitter bluenose because he doesn't want to see one of the historic English clubs relegated because of a points deduction. He didn't torpedo his career by publicly speaking out against the club's owners, like practically no player in history ever has. He acts like a real pundit instead of an LFC TV commentator and is sometimes critical, so he must be a snide who hates the club. Some people need to wake up and realise how completely ridiculous they sound.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #534 on: February 15, 2024, 09:56:31 am »
Playing for Liverpool is one thing. The lad made 737 appearances. Equating him with Diouf is fucking disrespectful

I'm sure a lot of it is a bit OTT. He's a bit of a dick sometimes, I don't think its any deeper than that. I think we'd all like to see him be a bit more of a cheerleader for Liverpool when he's sat alongside Che Neville and Keane, who might as well be wearing their United shirts when they're on Sky. But he's certainly not particularly offensive, there's nothing he's done to suggest he's a terrible person. The worst maybe is being a bit self-serving with his contract, and support (or lack of) of certain managers.

But your point seems to be if you play for Liverpool, you shouldn't get criticised for anything. Its nonsense. Thats not particularly aimed at Carra, just anyone. Hence the Diouf comparison. If you're a twat, you're a twat. Playing for Liverpool has fuck all to do with it. There's loads who have potentially questionable 'personalities' away from playing for Liverpool. Gerrard, Fowler, Henderson (sportswashing), Firmino, Fabinho, Allison (politically with Bolsonaro), Pennant, Collymore, Diouf etc etc. And I dare say a lot more (pretty sure Emlyn Hughes was a big Tory for example, and also one of our very best).

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #535 on: February 15, 2024, 10:13:43 am »
Don't understand the comparisons between Carragher's and Henderson's contracts.

With one we were about to undergo a regime change that the player knew might result in him being disposed of so he selfishly made sure he got himself a nice long term contract with a pay rise before the new owners could do anything. The other was part of a nicely settled club whereby everyone knew what they were getting into and the potential consequences of it.

Now of course both players are fully entitled to look after themselves first and foremost, but Carragher used a completely underhand tactic to get what he wanted. Henderson himself played us a little bit but that's no different to negotiation tactics in every walk of life.

That Carragher contract was a disgrace. And after playing a big part in Benitez being hounded out and the appointment of Roy fucking Hodgson. People don't just have a bad opinion about Carragher because he's a Sky mouthpiece and talks shite on the telly.

Then with that extension we had the joy in his last season of paying him 100k a week for Rodgers to bring him on for 5 minutes at the end of every game, so he could reach appearance milestones. Then he ended up starting more which meant changing our whole tactics because we had to defend deep and stop playing out from the back.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #536 on: February 15, 2024, 10:24:11 am »
As for the rest, it's laughable. He's a bitter bluenose because he doesn't want to see one of the historic English clubs relegated because of a points deduction. He didn't torpedo his career by publicly speaking out against the club's owners, like practically no player in history ever has. He acts like a real pundit instead of an LFC TV commentator and is sometimes critical, so he must be a snide who hates the club. Some people need to wake up and realise how completely ridiculous they sound.

Spot on.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #537 on: February 15, 2024, 12:55:25 pm »
"Jamie is signing nothing unless you sort that c*nt Benitez" ('Philly' Carragher to Christian Purslow)

Also, Carragher/his entourage were very active in trying to veto this...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/oct/05/daniel-agger-new-contract-liverpool

Let's just say it wasn't out of altruistic concern about his injury record.

Aye mate. There's some selective and short-term memories on display from a few people in here who do know better.

Some info and videos on Jamie Carragher...

[snip]

'When We Needed Them Liverpool’s Players Stood Tall' (2021): www.theanfieldwrap.com/2021/04/writing-liverpool-players-stood-tall (with reference to his silence on G&H)

Carragher, and Hodgson arriving as manager: www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=336545.msg16219933#msg16219933

Carragher signs two-year extension to stay at Liverpool until 35 (2012): www.theguardian.com/football/2010/oct/15/jamie-carragher-contract-extension-liverpool-2013

A summary of Carragher's new contract with pay rise the night before the takeover of the club (2012): www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294373.msg10437634#msg10437634

'Carragher said the internal strife swelled in the aftermath of the May 2007 Champions League final defeat to AC Milan when Benitez demanded that Hicks and Gillett quickly invest more money in the squad. "These words sparked a chain reaction that brought problems into the open, almost cost (Benitez) his job a couple of months later, riled Liverpool's owners into an ill-fated meeting with Juergen Klinsmann, and ended Hicks' and Gillett's honeymoon relationship with The Kop (fan base)," Carragher wrote.

Carragher on why he stayed quiet on Gillet & Hicks ownership: www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=264872.msg8515016#msg8515016

“I totally understand why some of the fans were frustrated we didn’t speak out,” says Gerrard. “When I’m down with England I hear stories about what big players have said at their clubs, but when me and Jamie speak we’re worried people might say, ‘Does he think he’s bigger than Liverpool?’ So it was a horrible situation as I wanted to come out and use my status to help but I was terrified of it backfiring.

“Should I say something? Would it make a difference? Who are we to criticise our bosses? They were the questions I kept asking myself and at times they were on the tip of my tongue. But if I’d wanted to speak to the owners I couldn’t, they were never there. It was a mess.”

Carragher agrees: “Maybe me and Stevie should have come out when we had the power and said something, but we’re from here. We love the club and never like saying anything negative about it. It’s what we believe in. So whatever is thrown at you, you feel you have to take it."

“The game wasn’t played on the pitch but off it. Political games. It became a bad soap opera. I wasn’t just thinking about my game. I was thinking, ‘Whose side should I be on?’"

^ Yet it was somehow okay for Reina, Agger & Masch to speak out - because they weren't from around Liverpool? And the protesting fans who all love Liverpool too... And Carragher claims he didn't even know 'whose side he should be on'... (staying quiet throughout - and then accepting a contract extension from Purslow hours before the takeover of the club gives a pretty clear indication of just 'whose side' he was on).

'Gerrard and Carra' (+ Purslow & media friends) - player power vs Rafa? (October 2010): www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=265543.msg7618445#msg7618445

'Carragher's Career Extension Symptomatic Of Deep-Rooted Problems': www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/3052

'Jamie Carragher suspended as Sky pundit over spitting incident' - www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/12/jamie-carragher-dropped-by-danish-broadcaster-after-spitting-incident

'Carragher returns to Sky role for first time since spitting incident' - www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jamie-carragher-set-return-sky-12841674

c*nts the pair of them.

For the above and various other reasons. It doesn't matter how many appearances made - that's people demonstrating an unquestioning attitude towards 'famous people / heroes / celebs etc' to the point of approaching blind fealty and excusing away any criticism that comes the 'famous people's / heroes / celeb's' direction.

For what they did on the pitch - superb stuff... some may even say it makes them 'LFC legends'. But for others on here, it is a similar vein to how some view Souness... whilst what he did on the pitch makes him an time legend... and what he did off the pitch as manager makes him a c*nt. Souness' legacy is blemished - to what point - is up to us, the individual. Some people can separate it (on the pitch vs off the pitch) more easily than others - for some it clouds or damages any legacy or even discussion. For others, his off-pitch actions may always overshadow what he did accomplish on the pitch.

In this context it is not similar to Gerrard and Carragher. Gerrard and Carragher are not above criticism for what they did/do off the pitch... simply because of what they did on the pitch for us - or the number of appearances made by them; heads need to be wobbled if anyone truly believes that strawman offering.

c*nts the pair of them. Superb players for us... yes. of course. Yet still c*nts.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: February 15, 2024, 01:09:56 pm »
Carragher agrees: “Maybe me and Stevie should have come out when we had the power and said something, but we’re from here. We love the club and never like saying anything negative about it. It’s what we believe in. So whatever is thrown at you, you feel you have to take it."

“The game wasn’t played on the pitch but off it. Political games. It became a bad soap opera. I wasn’t just thinking about my game. I was thinking, ‘Whose side should I be on?’"

^ Yet it was somehow okay for Reina, Agger & Masch to speak out - because they weren't from around Liverpool? And the protesting fans who all love Liverpool too... And Carragher claims he didn't even know 'whose side he should be on'... (staying quiet throughout - and then accepting a contract extension from Purslow hours before the takeover of the club gives a pretty clear indication of just 'whose side' he was on).

Carragher's concern wasn't Hicks and Gillett. It was his next contract, it was keeping his place in the team, it was getting rid of Benitez who knew Carragher's time was up and wanted to phase him out (while Carra's Dad and brothers were going round the city calling Rafa for everything and setting a lot of the bad energy towards Rafa).  It was positioning himself with the next manager and with Purslow so he could keep his place and get his contract. It was cosying up to Sky so he had that option when he retired.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #539 on: February 15, 2024, 01:43:21 pm »
Carragher's concern wasn't Hicks and Gillett. It was his next contract, it was keeping his place in the team, it was getting rid of Benitez who knew Carragher's time was up and wanted to phase him out (while Carra's Dad and brothers were going round the city calling Rafa for everything and setting a lot of the bad energy towards Rafa).  It was positioning himself with the next manager and with Purslow so he could keep his place and get his contract. It was cosying up to Sky so he had that option when he retired.

Agree with this.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #540 on: February 15, 2024, 02:50:51 pm »
Carragher and Gerrard were and are both self-serving c*nts.  It's well documented what happened leading to Rafa's exit and beyond, the same people who didn't want to see it in 2010 don't now.  Gerrard has since took Saudi money whereas Carragher uses his pulpit on Sky to shit on the club on regular occasions.  Bollocks to both of them imo.

Good football players (well, on average - Gerrard was great, Carragher was maybe slightly above average), not great human beings and they certainly didn't love the club the way some seem to think they did and do.  I respect fully what they did on the pitch but I ain't gonna admire them beyond that.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 02:52:33 pm by JP! »
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: February 19, 2024, 05:58:07 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68045257

Carragher on Roy Hodgson:

"Former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher told this reporter that it was the time Hodgson told his players they needed to have "a bit more of Manchester United" about them that he realised he would never make it at Anfield, the manager's comments demonstrating a lack of understanding of Liverpool's DNA and history."

It was you Jamie lad who wanted Rafa gone and replaced by an English manager (who'd buy English players so your wives could socialise a bit more) in the first place you pillock.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: February 19, 2024, 10:03:42 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68045257

Carragher on Roy Hodgson:

"Former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher told this reporter that it was the time Hodgson told his players they needed to have "a bit more of Manchester United" about them that he realised he would never make it at Anfield, the manager's comments demonstrating a lack of understanding of Liverpool's DNA and history."

It was you Jamie lad who wanted Rafa gone and replaced by an English manager (who'd buy English players so your wives could socialise a bit more) in the first place you pillock.

Carragher who spent half of his book saying how much he loved Alex Ferguson.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #543 on: February 21, 2024, 02:43:37 pm »
Carragher and Gerrard were and are both self-serving c*nts.  It's well documented what happened leading to Rafa's exit and beyond, the same people who didn't want to see it in 2010 don't now.  Gerrard has since took Saudi money whereas Carragher uses his pulpit on Sky to shit on the club on regular occasions.  Bollocks to both of them imo.

Rafa went to China, bollocks to him too surely?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: February 21, 2024, 11:05:23 pm »

Really unfair to equate Gerrard and Carra in respect of sportswashing. Gerrard took Saudi blood money while carra stayed away from the World Cup and was outspoken about the selection of Qatar being corrupt.

Cara’s annoying as a pundit but he’s demonstrably a much better human being than Gerrard.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: February 21, 2024, 11:15:09 pm »
Really unfair to equate Gerrard and Carra in respect of sportswashing. Gerrard took Saudi blood money while carra stayed away from the World Cup and was outspoken about the selection of Qatar being corrupt.

Cara’s annoying as a pundit but he’s demonstrably a much better human being than Gerrard.

Gerrard just comes forward as a bit thick.. carra playing his cards correct all the time - back then and still now with being best mates with neville and keane - still stabbed rafa in the back..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Online GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #546 on: February 22, 2024, 11:06:13 am »
I don't read any football media any more or tune into the punditry pre and post-game stuff. Just watch the game and that's it.

A lot of people are saying he dumps on Liverpool all the time, what examples are there? I'm not being facetious, asking genuinely.
JFT97

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #547 on: February 22, 2024, 11:20:53 am »
I don't read any football media any more or tune into the punditry pre and post-game stuff. Just watch the game and that's it.

A lot of people are saying he dumps on Liverpool all the time, what examples are there? I'm not being facetious, asking genuinely.

I don't know but he was on CBS covering champions league last night and doing laps around the studio when we scored.

It's bullshit thinking he doesn't like us. Clearly bollocks

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #548 on: February 22, 2024, 11:52:57 am »

Sorry that may have been the wording of the post, I don't think they're equitable fwiw I just think both of them have been problematic.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #549 on: February 22, 2024, 02:21:23 pm »
I don't know but he was on CBS covering champions league last night and doing laps around the studio when we scored.

Not really. It shows what each media outlet want from their pundits. CBS used to be quite good - until they dumbed down and went for 'super bants' and 'over the top antics' between the pundits/analysts (with some atrocious flirting/innuendo with the female presenter; usually Abdo?) - rather than focus on the actual football.

Many pundits (and commentators to an extent seem) to be like performing seals - and you can see and hear the difference in styles between the various media outlets they are employed by - or for the international feeds.

Besides, how they behave in front of a camera / behind a microphone - with instructions on to 'find the story', act up, 'follow the agenda'. have a 'HEATED DISAGREEMENT' for the social media clicks... may be far different from how they are in real life. However, Carragher has proven time and again on Sky he is happy to put the knife in on Liverpool, or go over the top, or bite his tongue - whatever his paymasters... who he owes his post-playing career to after the spiting incident - decide.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 02:23:25 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: February 22, 2024, 04:39:51 pm »

He's likely got a love/hate relationship with the club. The first 18 years or so of his life by his own admission he hated LFC with a passion and was the biggest blue in Bootle. He did more than laps around the studio when Michael Thomas scored in 1989 (which he took delight in accounting). That's therefore part of who he is as a fan.

He comes from a family of bitter Evertonians who went to watch him when he was playing for Liverpool, but were ultimately still blues and hate us and were happy to all stir the shit with Rafa.

Also a bit of cognitive dissonance as he might like to see the club do well but also loves to publicly stick the boot in when we don't, particularly defensively for his own ego and legacy.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: February 23, 2024, 12:06:47 pm »

You won't get many examples because clear cut examples don't exist.  What happens is similar to how his playing career is read by some,  he has quite an abrasive personality, which is probably amplified for Tv/Entertainment, so understably some people don't like him and that affects the way they look at everything.

So for instance he renews a contract not long before a takeover is completed and those Carragher critics will conclude as fact and state for decades that;  he conspired with Purslow, his dad, his wife and his girlfriend on the side to oust Rafa, as Rafa was gonna ease him out, politicked his way to getting an english manager who would play him and then strong armed purslow to push his contract extension through before a new regime or any pesky kids would veto his dastardly plan.  YOu can almost hear the Godfather music in the background, in the heads of some of these posters.

Hours of Carra venerating LFc players is overlooked, (like hours of Carra, putting everything on the line playing for us is also overlooked) to find a situation or 2 where a LFC player is blasted and Carra doesn't run to their defence on TV, or Carra himself blasts a player for making bad mistakes that cost us dearly and these are presented as proof of him apparantly shitting on LFC.  Or as these posters would put it; jealous jamie, jealously protecting his own somewhat tarnished legacy by attempting to deface players who are putting his career in the shade, all for the sake of his bloated ego.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #552 on: February 23, 2024, 02:57:36 pm »

That’s like the perfect example of him, absolutey well on the bandwagon and ready to act the complete clown to rub it in his fellow pundts’ face when all is well with Liverpool. But equally willing to go the other way when they are struggling.

Carragher is basically a classic Twitter Bandwagon fan, which is fitting whe you see how he and Neville behave on there. It’s not a surprise that the whole deal with them both is to appeal to the banter brigade of football fans.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #553 on: February 24, 2024, 04:20:48 pm »
I always remember him refusing to play right back when we nearly won the league in 08/09 against Middlesbrough, I think Skrtel ended up playing there and getting destroyed by Downing. Self serving is the perfect description for him.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: February 25, 2024, 02:47:44 pm »
Cnut.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: February 25, 2024, 02:54:11 pm »
Willing to bet if he could start his career again, he'd choose the cheats over us any day. Little dickhead, no respect for him whatsoever. Watch him run laps round the studio today if we win, hypocrite!

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: February 25, 2024, 02:59:16 pm »
Willing to bet if he could start his career again, he'd choose the cheats over us any day. Little dickhead, no respect for him whatsoever. Watch him run laps round the studio today if we win, hypocrite!

Easy trophies with no graft. He wouldn't be good enough for a Jurgen side anyway. He'd happily let his arse eat bench splinters at Abu Dhabi.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: February 26, 2024, 09:46:17 am »
Easy trophies with no graft. He wouldn't be good enough for a Jurgen side anyway. He'd happily let his arse eat bench splinters at Abu Dhabi.

Respectfully I disagree. He was an excellent centre-half and a leader on the pitch. He was integral to us winning the Champions League in 2005.

Still think he's badly letting himself down by being a stooge for Sky Sports, and he should have been absolutely slating the officials all through Jurgen's time here.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: February 26, 2024, 10:03:42 am »
Respectfully I disagree. He was an excellent centre-half and a leader on the pitch. He was integral to us winning the Champions League in 2005.

Still think he's badly letting himself down by being a stooge for Sky Sports, and he should have been absolutely slating the officials all through Jurgen's time here.

He's got influence but won't use it. Has he ever even mentioned the fact we get a Manchester ref every week? Neville even getting a dig in about Mike Dean being a 'Scouser' yesterday. Of course the pompous prick Dean corrected him (he's from the Wirral).

There's no way Neville would let it go unsaid if United were getting screwed by Scouse referees.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #559 on: February 26, 2024, 10:51:13 am »
He's got influence but won't use it. Has he ever even mentioned the fact we get a Manchester ref every week? Neville even getting a dig in about Mike Dean being a 'Scouser' yesterday. Of course the pompous prick Dean corrected him (he's from the Wirral).

There's no way Neville would let it go unsaid if United were getting screwed by Scouse referees.
And Dean's a massive Tranmere fan and more than a few of them have an odd bitterness towards us.