Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool, Fabio Carvalho  (Read 126559 times)

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool, Fabio Carvalho
« Reply #920 on: January 20, 2024, 09:15:24 pm »
Angry?

Just want to curb a bit any shallow optimism based on a game where he really didn’t play well at all. He scored a lucky goal, but looked mostly unfit, leggy and frankly lazy.

Has a long way to go to prove himself.

Wasn't he man of the match?

Not saying everyone who has ever got MOTM deserved it entirely but MOTM is quite far from your assesment. 

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: January 20, 2024, 09:21:32 pm »
I'll admit i missed at least 15 minutes from the start and 20 from the end, but he didn't look remotely lazy for me.

if anything, given he was supposed to be the second highest player up the pitch, he was over-occupied with helping his side defend their right back against Sunderland's best player (clark? dont know the player)

earned/took a few fouls too, including a couple of brave ones where he knew he'd get hit late, which you wouldnt expect from a player who's not putting their all in

his volley'd goal deserves big praise, regardless of the deflection. the co-commentator called it absolutely spot on (link below). the goal also demonstrated Carvalho's main calling card from when he's played for us - an uncanny knack to find himself space in the box

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/13051993/deflected-fabio-carvalho-volley-gives-hull-crucial-lead-at-sunderland

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: February 24, 2024, 01:07:30 pm »
Just scored a belter for Hull :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #923 on: February 24, 2024, 01:12:08 pm »
Good to see him doing well, can't help but feel he could have proved useful staying with us though. Fair enough if the manager didn't want to play him but you look at cup games like Southampton, Europe and even moments where we might need something in the league.

The next manager might want to take a look at him but we should still be able to sell for profit. A prem side with a better plan for him could make things work but it might also suit him going to a Championship side who'll possibly come straight back up like Leicester/Leeds/Southampton have this year.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: February 24, 2024, 01:26:02 pm »
Good to see him doing well, can't help but feel he could have proved useful staying with us though. Fair enough if the manager didn't want to play him but you look at cup games like Southampton, Europe and even moments where we might need something in the league.

The next manager might want to take a look at him but we should still be able to sell for profit. A prem side with a better plan for him could make things work but it might also suit him going to a Championship side who'll possibly come straight back up like Leicester/Leeds/Southampton have this year.
Talented lad who it seems Klopp just didn't fancy for whatever reason, new boss very well might feel differently. But at worst, we should be able to profit on him as you say. It's why I don't know why there's some folk who cry about getting in young talent like this even if it doesn't pay off initially.

Regardless, I will always think fondly of the lad for that winner Vs Newcastle. Even though it ended up being a shite season, still a moment that sticks in my mind. Was on holiday watching game in a bar and place went off, great stuff.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: March 9, 2024, 03:33:10 pm »
Another goal

Just scored to put them 1-0 up against Leicester

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #926 on: March 9, 2024, 04:10:35 pm »
Another goal

Just scored to put them 1-0 up against Leicester

Missed a pen before that though.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: March 9, 2024, 05:17:50 pm »
What a strange time for them to select him to take his first penalty in proprt adult football (unless they don't select before the game, and players on the pitch chose/let him)

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: April 30, 2024, 03:13:20 pm »
Fulham fined £75,000 over Carvalho rule breach

Fulham have been fined £75,000 by the Premier League and given a suspended six month ban "from registering any academy players currently or previously registered with another club".

The punishment, external relates to a payment made by the Cottagers to Balham Blazers FC following Fabio Carvalho's move to Liverpool.

Attacking midfielder Carvalho joined Fulham's academy from Balham Blazers in December 2014.

The Premier League said, external Fulham "accepted breaches of the Premier League rules in relation to player registrations".

The judgement about the issue added the London club "has accepted that the payment of the settlement sum pursuant to the Carvalho agreement and/or settlement agreement are breaches of rule U.38".

The club's ban is suspended for one year and started on 15 April, 2024.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: May 1, 2024, 12:05:52 am »
From reading that they got a ban and a fine for paying Balhem Blazers when Fulham sold him to us? That sounds wrong?

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: May 2, 2024, 09:58:47 am »
From reading that they got a ban and a fine for paying Balhem Blazers when Fulham sold him to us? That sounds wrong?

I think it is because he was only 12 when he left there, so it was not counted as a true "transfer" and it's a lot more regulated as to what compensation they are allowed to pay.

Details are here (although quite a bit is redacted):

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2024/04/30/029f4d04-3f34-4eb7-a081-a24fd1b9ccd2/Sanction-agreement-between-the-Premier-League-and-Fulham-FC-April-2024.pdf

It all seems a bit odd.

They made an agreement with Balhem Blazers back in 2015, but never told any authority about it.
They finally got around to discussing it with the authorities in 2021 - but only the FA and EFL because they had just been relegated from the PL.
When Carvalho went to Liverpool in 2022, BB were entitled to payment under the agreement - but Fulham were now in the PL and the PL said no, that's against our rules. However it seems that Fulham paid the money anyway a year later, then reported themselves to the PL.

I suspect Fulham had backed themselves into a corner where legally they owed the money to BB, but it was against PL rules to pay them. (Weird that it was presumably fine under EFL rules though).

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #931 on: May 2, 2024, 10:01:43 am »
Big day for him and Tyler Morton on Saturday.......hopefully they'll squeeze into the playoff places.....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.