Author Topic: The Klopp Template  (Read 1085712 times)

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Klopp Template - Are we getting closer?
« Reply #440 on: May 14, 2018, 11:05:05 am »
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #441 on: May 14, 2018, 11:18:10 am »
2 of the 3 teams that finished above us won't be getting the same luck again next season surely. Especially spurs due to their English golden boys. Take into account we lost points due to bad calls and they both gained along with champions league football distraction we'd be ahead of both.

If all fans are being honest we're the second best side in the league and deep down both of those would swap where they are for where we are in development.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: May 14, 2018, 02:54:01 pm »
Pearce gives some insight via Q&A on what we're planning on doing for the summer

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-news-transfer-rumours-live-14653356

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: May 14, 2018, 04:29:19 pm »
Pearce gives some insight via Q&A on what we're planning on doing for the summer

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-news-transfer-rumours-live-14653356

It's quite interesting that goalkeeper talk wasn't shut down. If Karius was guaranteed to be number 1 next year I doubt he'd have even bothered mentioning Alisson.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: May 14, 2018, 04:33:12 pm »
I believe if we can agree on a ''reasonable'' price for Alisson, we will sign him.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #445 on: May 14, 2018, 04:34:20 pm »
It's quite interesting that goalkeeper talk wasn't shut down. If Karius was guaranteed to be number 1 next year I doubt he'd have even bothered mentioning Alisson.

Gotta fill them column inches!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: May 14, 2018, 04:36:07 pm »
Gotta fill them column inches!

Wasn't a column tho.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #447 on: May 14, 2018, 04:37:50 pm »
Wasn't a column tho.

I more meant there are a lot more inches to fill with that story over the next few months, he can't go knocking all the rumours on their head and leaving himself nothing to write  ;D

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: May 14, 2018, 05:06:26 pm »
I believe if we can agree on a ''reasonable'' price for Alisson, we will sign him.
Do wonder about this. On balance, I'd prefer him to Karius - even if he wasn't that great against us in the semi, from what I've seen I still think he's a really good keeper. Sweeps like Karius but is a better shot stopper, and just has a bit more presence about him. That said, Loris has come on in leaps and bounds, and I'd have no problem at all with him being our first choice going into next season.

Also, with regards to the 'reasonable' price bit - I reckon that with the competition for his signature, and Roma's CL windfall from their run this year, they'll have little need of selling on the cheap, as they were forced to with Salah. Can quite easily seeing Alisson being £60m or more and if so, I think I'd rather stick with what we have.

My favourite bit of that interview was when Pearce said he'd heard fuck all about us being interested in Butland. My least favourite bit was when he said he'd heard fuck all about any agreement for Fekir.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: May 14, 2018, 05:11:40 pm »
The Canal+ journo who broke the Fekir news initially said not to expect anything before June 30th.  Also Ged has been to a few of our games recently.  He's tight with the Lyon owner.  ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: May 14, 2018, 05:28:25 pm »
Well said djozer, I do like that Pearce said that he expects things to start happening early June for us

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: May 14, 2018, 10:46:45 pm »
When does the Summer transfer forum open, window officially opens in a few days and need the latest instalment from Sega Diallo

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: May 14, 2018, 11:17:00 pm »
When does the Summer transfer forum open, window officially opens in a few days and need the latest instalment from Sega Diallo

The fact that the window opens ages before the CL final is going to message mods' heads up haha!

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: May 14, 2018, 11:30:51 pm »
Did I really come back from vacation to read 2 pages of someone claiming Douglas Costa is better than Mane?  Jesus...

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: May 14, 2018, 11:34:10 pm »
The fact that the window opens ages before the CL final is going to message mods' heads up haha!

If it's opening that early why do we have to wait until June 30th to hear news? I want that Fekir asap!
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: May 14, 2018, 11:35:20 pm »
Did I really come back from vacation to read 2 pages of someone claiming Douglas Costa is better than Mane?  Jesus...

You've had too many Margarita's mate. No one thinks that.

Offline U-238A

• Main Stander
« Reply #456 on: May 14, 2018, 11:54:29 pm »
Does anyone have any statistics on how many chances we concede in in the first 70 or so minutes compared to the last 20? People complain about our defence and keeper but I'm hypothesising the drop in midfielder and front 3 pressing intensity as the culprit.

Offline LondonLFCFan

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #457 on: May 15, 2018, 12:32:27 am »
Karius could keep improving. He has the opportunity to, and Klopp probably likes his work rate. imho.

He has to face Salah, Mane and Firmino everyday during training. Definitely improved quite a bit since January.

Think a bit more work during training dealing with Trent and Robbo crossing the ball in to our front 3, and corners with VVD and Lovren in the box would be the best training any goalie will ever get.  ;)

Klopp might have seen something he likes that we have not realised to have persevered with him ?  :)
We are in good hands now under Klopp and FSG. Fantastic time as LFC supporter. Exciting times !

We will never forget you Mr Rafa Benitez for what you have done for us. Thank you.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=256378.msg6822596#msg6822596

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=293625.msg10340260#msg1034

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: May 15, 2018, 12:33:36 am »
Does anyone have any statistics on how many chances we concede in in the first 70 or so minutes compared to the last 20? People complain about our defence and keeper but I'm hypothesising the drop in midfielder and front 3 pressing intensity as the culprit.
Not chances but number of goals conceded by minute. Interesting that the Top 4 score most goals between 76-90+ minutes but us and Spurs concede more goals in this period than at any other time.

http://www.soccerstats.com/timing.asp?league=england
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:35:09 am by Agent99 »

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: May 15, 2018, 12:56:20 am »
Not chances but number of goals conceded by minute. Interesting that the Top 4 score most goals between 76-90+ minutes but us and Spurs concede more goals in this period than at any other time.

That is interesting, nice one. Sort of fits with the idea of both teams being hard running pressing sides, who might be expected to tire at the very end of games. We don't seem to do that well in the first 15 minutes either. This season we seem to have been a bit slower early doors, compared to last season when we often seemed (from memory) to start really quickly and try and blow teams away early on.

Interesting that we appear, from those stats, to have our best periods in the middle 15 of each half. Just happenstance or the result of some facet of the way we play?

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #460 on: May 15, 2018, 01:05:42 am »
Wasn't a column tho.

Then it is promoting his coumn.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: May 15, 2018, 01:16:16 am »

I suppose the games against West Brom and Stoke come to mind although it was the tail end of the season when our players were almost running on empty.
I doubt it'll happen but we need a plan B.

Offline Mizerooskie

• Kopite
« Reply #462 on: May 15, 2018, 01:24:09 am »

The home stats here are staggering.

36 scored - 4 conceded before the last 15 minutes

In the last 15?  9-6.

Offline U-238A

• Main Stander
« Reply #463 on: May 15, 2018, 02:01:32 am »

Nice. Thanks. Suppose that the correlation between chances conceded and goals conceded would be quite close. You can see that we're struggling in the final 15 minutes of the game. The eye test will show you that the midfield and front 3 always drop off - whether by design or due to fatigue (likely the latter). Depth in midfield and forwards is more likely to improve on our conceding late goals than defenders/a new GK. Granted we only have 3 subs for 6 positions, but a healthy rotation with little to no drop in quality will take this team to the next level.

The home stats here are staggering.

36 scored - 4 conceded before the last 15 minutes

In the last 15?  9-6.

Meanwhile United are 10-0. Trademark Mourinho closing out games.

I suppose the games against West Brom and Stoke come to mind although it was the tail end of the season when our players were almost running on empty.
I doubt it'll happen but we need a plan B.

Plan B is doing what we did against Man City first leg UCL 2nd half. Kept them to 0 shots on target all game. Some people think City had an off day - I think we did well enough to make it look that way. 9/10 games they play they're up against a low block and 9/10 times they demolish it. That's what's required on a week to week basis. If it can be done against the best attack in the land, then we have the players to do it now. The template is there and what we have is a strong foundation. But to keep it going once a week, sometimes twice a week, is tough. Only our midfield and CB from our first 11 need upgrading. The rest is squad depth.

Meanwhile you look at Arsenal, United, Chelsea - the feeling around those clubs is that half, if not more, of the first 11 need replacing. We're in a good position.

edit: removed double post
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 02:40:18 am by U-238A »

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #464 on: May 15, 2018, 03:35:43 am »
Klopps taken this team minus Lallana, Kieta, half a Couhtino and half a Van Dijk from his initial planning and qualified fourth and made the CL final. Its nothing short of spectacular. Closer? He took us right there. Just need to add the sufficient depth to keep it ticking over twice a week for a title tilt. Play a good top 7 mini-league and roll up the rest of em. If he scoops up 2-3 more off the same shelf in the off season its boogie time. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
« Reply #465 on: May 15, 2018, 03:51:11 am »
We generally have fuck all on the bench, a few injuries stretch our squad further than United and City. Signing Keita, and replacements for Coutinho and Can (and maybe even an extra attacker) should rectify this next season.

Does anyone remember those reports back in january from the journo who broke the Coutinho to Barca news, who said that basically we have his replacement identified but won't be able to get the deal done till the summer, and that he was a name that hadn't been mentioned by the press as yet (who were mostly linking us with a move for Lemar at the time), seems like Fekir is the most likely candidate to have been that guy now. It seems unlikely that we would have finalized a deal for him before the end of the season, that rarely happens, however all signs suggest we will move for him, and that suggests that we have probably at the very least got encouragement from initial inquires with Fekir's management and Lyon themselves.

If Jorginho goes to City, we will surely move for someone else as the Can replacement. There is fuck all reliable info out there about who that could possibly be at this stage, so maybe a deal for Jorginho isn't completely out of the question as yet? There's been some pretty strong links for Weigl to Arsenal, if we miss out on Jorginho that surely seems like a good option to hijack that deal, I doubt Weigl would choose Arsenal over us at this stage, and in terms of money you'd think we'd have the edge over them as well.

I wonder if Dortmund could stomach selling us Weigl and Pulisic in the same window though? They seem to have accepted their status as a selling club at this point.

2 or 3 top players + Keita would take us up to the very elite level for me, then we could regularly have the kind of quality on the bench we see at the likes of City, Real and United, this season hasn't been that bad really for injuries if you compare to previous seasons and other teams, to be consistent enough to win the league we need more depth, particularly with our high energy style of football.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 03:52:44 am by Bob Sacomano »

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: May 15, 2018, 09:33:20 am »
Would we expect Klopp to want a greater goalscoring contribution from midfield next season? Looking at the topline stats for our midfielders, it was a disappointing season for some in terms of individual return. Henderson had one goal and one assist in the league, Gini had one goal and two assists, Milner had no goals and three assists. The two that impressed were Can and Ox. Emre had 3 goals and 5 assists in the league (plus another three goals in the CL), while Ox had 3 goals and 7 assists (and two more goals in the CL).

With Emre likely gone and Ox perhaps not contributing until December/January, it will be interesting to see if midfield production is something Klopp prioritises in the market. I suppose Naby Keita ticks a massive box - six goals and five assists in the Bundesliga this season, eight and eight the previous year. Perhaps with the goalscoring prowess of our front three, we don't need goals from midfield, but I'd be interested to see if Klopp looks to add someone else in the middle of the park with a track record of scoring and assisting.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #467 on: May 15, 2018, 10:42:19 am »
The Canal+ journo who broke the Fekir news initially said not to expect anything before June 30th.  Also Ged has been to a few of our games recently.  He's tight with the Lyon owner.  ;D

He works there doesn't he? Ged's not just tight, he's part of the team there!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: May 15, 2018, 10:44:06 am »
He works there doesn't he? Ged's not just tight, he's part of the team there!

He does, yeah, I think he’s their general manager.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: May 15, 2018, 10:57:54 am »
I liked the 4-2-3-1 against Brighton personally. Our problem against park the bus sides is usually that our front three are jam packed into their defence with no space to operate in. A striker to drop the balls to them would maybe force some of their defenders to go out of position or give us a chance from outside the box. Solanke can be a very good target man but he needs to improve on his physicality and be more imposing.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #470 on: May 15, 2018, 11:06:37 am »
If all fans are being honest we're the second best side in the league and deep down both of those would swap where they are for where we are in development.

We are not the 2nd best team in the league......we were the 4th best this year. You can't keep on turning a blind eye to the results over a season and say we deserved more........we got what we deserved. We may be the best or 2nd best attacking team and best to watch when we are on form but the results don't lie. We had big problems conceding poor goals and throwing away leads. This will be sorted but for now we are 4th best.
#JFT97

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: May 15, 2018, 11:20:18 am »
We are not the 2nd best team in the league......we were the 4th best this year. You can't keep on turning a blind eye to the results over a season and say we deserved more........we got what we deserved. We may be the best or 2nd best attacking team and best to watch when we are on form but the results don't lie. We had big problems conceding poor goals and throwing away leads. This will be sorted but for now we are 4th best.

Take away a few of the refereeing howlers we've had this season and we finish 2nd. We're as good as, or better than the rest of them bar City. We've just been hurt by our European run and outrageous officials.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: May 15, 2018, 11:22:31 am »

We made Europe a priority in the last month or so which didn't help our league position much, to be fair. Overall we are better than fourth place.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: May 15, 2018, 11:23:54 am »
Take away a few of the refereeing howlers we've had this season and we finish 2nd. We're as good as, or better than the rest of them bar City. We've just been hurt by our European run and outrageous officials.

Points tally is what it is, we are 4th and that's how good we were. Each and every team has their (often valid) excuses as why they're actually better than what the points tally tells.

Our excuses are most valid, though  :)

The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: May 15, 2018, 11:25:52 am »
Points tally is what it is, we are 4th and that's how good we were. Each and every team has their (often valid) excuses as why they're actually better than what the points tally tells.

Our excuses are most valid
, though  :)
That's the key bit though. If utd or spurs have had as many bad decisions we have had it would have all been in the papers etc.

The fact is people say luck evens out over a season. In the league that hasn't been the case for us.

If utd and spurs felt hard done by we would have heard about it. We seem to have bad decisions every game.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: May 15, 2018, 11:27:08 am »

The fact is people say luck evens out over a season.

Biggest lie in football
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: May 15, 2018, 11:29:22 am »

Disagree. Goal difference is a good indicator as well. We are the second best. But for some absolutely shocking decisions and getting through to final we finish 2nd. But 2nd/4th doesn't make much difference.

It's funny really as one decision either against spurs, stoke, utd etc which was determined by the refs you'd agree we are the second best team..
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 11:31:14 am by clinical »

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: May 15, 2018, 11:31:50 am »

And if my auntie had bollocks...

We've been the 4th best team in the league this season, but the best PL team in Europe. Where that puts us overall I don't know, it doesn't really matter. I'm certain we would have finished above Spurs without CL commitments, but we didn't. We'll beef up the squad and next season hopefully deal with the strain of both competitions better.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: May 15, 2018, 11:32:06 am »
If United didn’t have de Gea, they would have finished beneath us.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: May 15, 2018, 11:33:57 am »
If United didn’t have de Gea, they would have finished beneath us.

If spurs didn't dive they would have.

If we got a pen against stoke we finish above spurs. These ridiculous decision that have gone against us cost us and shouldn't mean we are only the 4th best team.

People say the league doesn't lie. It's a good indicator of course but never tells the whole story.

Also look at the odds we are the second favourites for next season..there's a reason for that lads.