Author Topic: The Klopp Template  (Read 1093087 times)

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
Re: The Klopp Template - Are we getting closer?
« Reply #480 on: May 15, 2018, 11:52:39 am »
ok...so we're stylistically close to City right? who will be the ones to beat next season.

I think our defence will be atleast on par with theirs next season if not already, going by the stats doing the rounds post-spurs game. God-forbid we don't have any more injuries, still got a Matip in the locker too which should help?

Anyway, the attack

Sergio Aguero 21 (30)
Raheem Sterling 18 (23)
Gabriel Jesus 13 (17)
Leroy Sane 10 (14)
David Silva 9 (10)
Kevin De Bruyne 8 (12)
Bernardo Silva 6 (9)
Fernandinho 5 (5)
Ilkay Gundogan 4 (6)
Nicolas Otamendi 4 (5)
Danilo 3 (3)
Fabian Delph 1 (1)
Vincent Kompany 1

Compared to us.....

Salah 32 (44)
Firmino 15 (27)
Sadio Mane 10 (19)
Philippe Coutinho 7 (12)
Emre Can 3 (6)

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 3 (5)
Dejan Lovren 2 (2)
Daniel Sturridge 2 (3)
Trent Alexander-Arnold 1 (3) Jordan Henderson 1 (1) Ings 1 (1) Ragnar Klavan 1 (1) Matip 1 (1) Robertson 1 (1) Solanke 1 (1) Wijnaldum 1 (2)

Our front 3 i'd say compares to their front 4.
Rest of the team need to step their game up - just a few more goals spread out would be nice. City to not have as many goals would also be nice. I don't think it's as bad as it seems, scoring 80+ is already very good but I guess every little helps!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #481 on: May 15, 2018, 12:03:39 pm »
According to Neil Jones we want an AM (Fekir) and another "multifunctional" forward to rotate with front 3.

That's pretty much spot on with the Chamberlain news.

Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: May 15, 2018, 12:07:23 pm »
According to Neil Jones we want an AM (Fekir) and another "multifunctional" forward to rotate with front 3.

Pretty happy if that's true. A couple of extra attacking players are needed.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: May 15, 2018, 12:08:14 pm »
Yeah, it sounds promising. Think we'll have a great transfer window this summer overall.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: May 15, 2018, 12:08:46 pm »
Pretty happy if that's true. A couple of extra attacking players are needed.
Yeah, it sounds promising. Think we'll have a great transfer window this summer overall.

I may have interpreted it wrong though.

When he's says creative midfielder I'm not sure if he means a deeper midfielder rather than an attacking midfielder.

But with Chamberlain out and Lallana injury problems we really could do with Fekir and a player who can play wide..

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #485 on: May 15, 2018, 12:12:21 pm »
That's the key bit though. If utd or spurs have had as many bad decisions we have had it would have all been in the papers etc.

The fact is people say luck evens out over a season. In the league that hasn't been the case for us.

If utd and spurs felt hard done by we would have heard about it. We seem to have bad decisions every game.
Spurs feel hard done by when they are not awarded penos for their best dives.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: May 15, 2018, 12:12:58 pm »

:lickin
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: May 15, 2018, 12:13:07 pm »
I may have interpreted it wrong though.

When he's says creative midfielder I'm not sure if he means a deeper midfielder rather than an attacking midfielder.

But with Chamberlain out and Lallana injury problems we really could do with Fekir and a player who can play wide..

Lallana should be fine now, I think, especially if he plays a part in the final.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: May 15, 2018, 12:13:15 pm »
Spurs feel hard done by when they are not awarded penos for their best dives.

Well they put a lot of practice in apparently so I can see why..

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #489 on: May 15, 2018, 12:13:24 pm »
From the progress thread:

The most interesting thing here for me is how our 2017-18 season is extremely similar to City's 2016-17 season. Only a difference in 2 points and 1 place in the table, but all the underlying numbers are very similar. So, now we need to do the same leap that they took this season and while it maybe harder for us to do that considering the differences in the resources available to both the sides in terms of spending, we have an equally good manager who we can be sure is getting us to take that leap and eventually get there.

Very interesting observation that.

So, on the face of it, what did City do?*

THE SYSTEM: -They switched to 4-3-3 last spring, having seen us have huge success with that system in the autumn/winter. Pep copied Klopp basically, with a few tweaks ;) We already play it, so this option isn't open to us, though of course changing to a different system is. If we sign another top attacker I feel we may see more of 4-2-3-1 next season, but still expect 4-3-3 to be the first-choice option. No major change here.

THE CENTRE-BACK: -They added a £55m left-sided central defender in Laporte. We've already done this with £75m on van Dijk. While many would still like a partner for him, I don't expect this now that we have five options at the heart of our defence. Big season for Lovren and Matip ahead. No change here.

THE GOALKEEPER: -Bravo's shot-stopping had significantly let them down throughout 2016/17, so they upgraded him. I posted this in the Karius thread:

What's interesting here is that Ederson doesn't rank highly in terms of shot-stopping either - but clearly he's a fantastic all-round goalkeeper, and they face fewer shots than us anyway due to their better control of possession. Karius has clearly been an upgrade on Mignolet in terms of his sweeping, but our saves per goal is extremely similar to City's last campaign. Using the stats available and the good old eye test, I don't believe we can conclude that Karius has been an upgrade on Mignolet in terms of his shot-stopping. Like Mignolet, he makes some very good saves from distance, but you never feel like he can bail us out from the bigger, closer-range chances we concede. (In fact I think Mignolet's reflexes are of a naturally higher level - though of course he is much slower to close the angle. Swings and roundabouts)

City were ruthless with Bravo and have reaped the rewards. With Mignolet likely seeking first-team football elsewhere anyway, I think we should at least attempt to do the same, whilst acknowledging Karius' improvement and place in the squad - should he want it. Probable change here.

THE FULL-BACKS: -Sagna, Zabaleta, Clichy and Kolarov were all let go. Walker, Mendy and Danilo were brought in, with Delph converted from midfield. We have younger, better options here in Trent, Clyne, Robertson and Moreno, but are they title-winning full-backs? I think Trent and Robertson have shown a level recently which suggests they can be. Time is on their side. Clyne has shown in the past that he also could be. Given Gomez's ability to cover right-back, too, I would leave that flank alone until at least next summer. Moreno has been here four years now, though, and only fleetingly looked like fulfilling his potential. For me it's time to take a risk there and perhaps look to convert a left-footed winger, especially given Klopp's long-standing preference for a narrow, inverted left-winger. I love Robertson, and he should certainly start next season as first-choice, but an attacking project like Sessegnon who can also cover elsewhere could be a game-changer in the future. Equally, though, that player might just not be out there, in which case we stick with Moreno as back-up. Possible (small) change here.

THE MIDFIELD: ---> Perhaps the real parallel to their full-back conundrum last summer is our central midfield area. Their's was already more than sorted with Fernandinho, Gundogan, KDB and Silva; the best set in the league by a distance. Like our full-backs, we have a serviceable set of midfielders, but it's clearly a more important area of the pitch, with more pressing situations to sort out. We have a couple of ageing options in Lallana and Milner, a player coming to the end of his contract in Can, a player out until at least December in Oxlade-Chamberlain, and in Henderson and Wijnaldum two players who implement Klopp's off-the-ball strategy tremendously but are perhaps lacking in creativity once we win the ball back.

In the same way Pep's full-backs were holding his football back last season, perhaps the same is true of our midfielders, all in different ways, despite their undoubted best efforts? Let's say Keita is our 'Walker' for the midfield; a guaranteed dynamic game-changing upgrade. I feel confident the versatile 'Danilo' role (in midfield) can be shared between Lallana, Milner and Oxlade when he returns - a Maddison feels a year too early in terms of resources.

The question, then, becomes where do we use the 'Mendy' (ideally one who stays fit!) resources? Is it in holding midfield to directly replace Can and compete with Henderson, or do we look to semi-convert Wijnaldum into that role, allowing us to spend more money on a more attacking midfielder, perhaps one like Lemar or Fekir who can also play wide? This would also make sense should we look to use 4-2-3-1 more often.

An interesting conundrum for sure. If indeed one or the other, I'd be leaning towards the latter, given Wijnaldum's progression defensively/regression offensively and the lack of outstanding options out there for that holding role. Definite change here.

THE FORWARDS: -City also added depth to their attacking midfield/forward line in Bernardo Silva. He hasn't hit the ground running as much as I expected him to, but there's little doubting his pedigree as a footballer and a similar signing may be required for us to replace Coutinho's space in the squad (i.e. Lemar/Fekir). What's often forgotten, though, is that City also signed a quality young striker in Gabriel Jesus last January, having dismissed the talented Iheanacho as a long-term option. We have similar decisions to make on Solanke, Sturridge, Ings and Origi. I can't see more than one remaining in the squad next season, which means another player capable of filling that central spot feels a necessity, particularly if Brewster leaves. Is our Bernardo/Jesus one player capable of playing across the front line, rather than more of a wide player who can also fill in midfield? Or would the Wijnaldum conversion allow us to sign a more fixed forward as well as a a Coutinho replacement? And what of Harry Wilson? Definite change here.

Personally, I feel a goalkeeper, one midfielder and one forward are the three imperative signings to our squad. Exactly what profile/calibre/positions these take up remains to be seen. Beyond that, we have decisions to make at CB, LB and potentially another midfielder/forward. It's all a question of who's available and where we consider the most urgent areas to fill.

*I'm not saying we should copy them. We have a different manager with a different set of resources, ideas and players. Just thought it would be interesting to follow up that observation. Similarly to City, with the right 3-4 signings on top of Keita, I think we can definitely take massive steps forward next campaign.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:15:33 pm by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: May 15, 2018, 12:13:59 pm »
Lallana should be fine now, I think, especially if he plays a part in the final.

He's missed more games than Sturridge for Klopp. Not sure how we can rely on him

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: May 15, 2018, 12:15:00 pm »
He's missed more games than Sturridge for Klopp. Not sure how we can rely on him

We don't have to rely on him, but he's a good player to have when fit. Klopp is a big fan of his.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: May 15, 2018, 12:16:11 pm »
We don't have to rely on him, but he's a good player to have when fit. Klopp is a big fan of his.

Yeah of course. As long as he's seen as part of the squad rather than key player that's fine.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #493 on: May 15, 2018, 12:16:27 pm »
The big difference is that Sturridge never played so he never got the chance to injure himself, Lallana has been a regular.

Lallana has made the joint 6th most appearances under Klopp (same as Henderson and more than Coutinho) despite and injury ravaged season.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:18:09 pm by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: May 15, 2018, 12:19:30 pm »

This would make sense to me. In Fekir, you'd have someone who can fit in with the current front three and play alongside them in certain games (similar line-up to Saturday, perhaps). He'd also be able to rotate into the front three if necessary. Then the second player is more of a rotation option, probably someone younger who Klopp can mould into a star. Not sure if our budget would stretch, but this is where a Pulisic makes sense. Having the ability to select three or four from Mane, Salah, Firmino, Fekir and Pulisic would be unreal (perhaps literally so) and would also massively improve our bench options. 

As an aside, I just saw that Julian Weigl didn't make Germany's World Cup squad. I know Babu has spoken a lot about how he was the next iteration of Klopp's ideal number six, arriving as he did just after Klopp left. I wonder if he's someone he'd consider again now that we're apparently in the market for one? He'd be available for a full pre-season, which is a huge benefit - but I think Tuchel may have his eye on him for PSG.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: May 15, 2018, 12:25:57 pm »
This would make sense to me. In Fekir, you'd have someone who can fit in with the current front three and play alongside them in certain games (similar line-up to Saturday, perhaps). He'd also be able to rotate into the front three if necessary. Then the second player is more of a rotation option, probably someone younger who Klopp can mould into a star. Not sure if our budget would stretch, but this is where a Pulisic makes sense. Having the ability to select three or four from Mane, Salah, Firmino, Fekir and Pulisic would be unreal (perhaps literally so) and would also massively improve our bench options. 

As an aside, I just saw that Julian Weigl didn't make Germany's World Cup squad. I know Babu has spoken a lot about how he was the next iteration of Klopp's ideal number six, arriving as he did just after Klopp left. I wonder if he's someone he'd consider again now that we're apparently in the market for one? He'd be available for a full pre-season, which is a huge benefit - but I think Tuchel may have his eye on him for PSG.

If we got Fekir, a winger and a deeper midfield player along with Keita I don't think anyone can be unhappy with that.

Of course many will like 1 or 2 more but those 4 players would take us up a level in terms of the squad.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: May 15, 2018, 01:37:48 pm »

Makes sense completely. We definitely need another attacker but due to Oxlade-Chamberlain’s injury we do need another midfielder who is creative.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: May 15, 2018, 01:48:16 pm »
If we got Fekir, a winger and a deeper midfield player along with Keita I don't think anyone can be unhappy with that.

Of course many will like 1 or 2 more but those 4 players would take us up a level in terms of the squad.
Agreed. I think a GK might be needed if Mignolet leaves but I would be happy with getting top quality players in those three positions. I think the defence has done enough over the second half of the season with Karius in goal and VVD to start the season as out first choice.

Would love the rumours of Ousmane Dembele to be true.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: May 15, 2018, 02:25:45 pm »
Thought this would be the most appropriate place to post, a brilliant article on Klopp by Melissa Reddy:

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/the-inside-story-of-how-jurgen-klopp-weathered-the-worst-to-lead-liverpool-to-the-champions-league-final-178445

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: May 15, 2018, 02:28:22 pm »
Would love the rumours of Ousmane Dembele to be true.
That's not possible without losing one of our current front 3?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: May 15, 2018, 02:32:21 pm »
We're not getting Dembele.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: May 15, 2018, 02:32:48 pm »
That's not possible without losing one of our current front 3?

We won't be losing any of those three regardless.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: May 15, 2018, 02:41:35 pm »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: May 15, 2018, 02:42:05 pm »
We won't be losing any of those three regardless.
We won't be getting Dembele either.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: May 15, 2018, 02:42:46 pm »
We won't be getting Dembele either.

Yeah, we don't need him.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #505 on: May 15, 2018, 02:45:17 pm »
Thought this would be the most appropriate place to post, a brilliant article on Klopp by Melissa Reddy:

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/the-inside-story-of-how-jurgen-klopp-weathered-the-worst-to-lead-liverpool-to-the-champions-league-final-178445

There really should be a thread for interviews with him or articles on him, cos when he speaks, he's always worth listening to / reading!

The stuff about Coutinho is telling, the personal side of it, very typical of Kloppo.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: May 15, 2018, 02:49:34 pm »
Interesting article on Statsbomb on how Nabil Fekir would potentially fit at Liverpool, should he join:

https://statsbomb.com/2018/05/is-nabil-fekir-good-enough-for-liverpool/

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: May 15, 2018, 03:14:18 pm »

That's a high quality article, well worth a read.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #508 on: May 15, 2018, 03:17:12 pm »

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: May 15, 2018, 03:19:16 pm »

It's a fantastic read and deserves its own thread.

He's such a colossal figure, not just literally, but figuratively as well. Fantastic manager, even better person. Reminds me of another manager of ours, who's managing at Tyneside. Would have taken a bullet for Rafa, would take one for Jurgen and more.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: May 15, 2018, 03:33:14 pm »

Great article.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: May 15, 2018, 03:34:01 pm »
It's a fantastic read and deserves its own thread.

He's such a colossal figure, not just literally, but figuratively as well. Fantastic manager, even better person. Reminds me of another manager of ours, who's managing at Tyneside. Would have taken a bullet for Rafa, would take one for Jurgen and more.

Don't want to deviate from the purpose of the thread but reading the Klopp article has reinforced my view that the skill set needed to manage a club like ours effectively is huge and requires skills that cannot be taught just by attending a few courses or by being an ex - pro.

When you look at the examples of leadership in that article, the judgement calls, knowing when to intervene and when to back off and do nothing. Taking responsibility, but at the same time trusting others to do their jobs. Knowing when and how to challenge colleagues to perform. These are all skills of a top class manager - in any field.
Unless a club can keep buying the best players each year for a coach to organise, e.g. City, then skills like Klopp's are essential for any club looking to punch at or above its weight. Which is why I find it hilarious when fans or pundits regularly chirp up with names of recently retired players as potential candidates for big jobs. They do not have the faintest idea of the skills needed to do the job properly.
And for the reasons above, I really do hope that United "give it Giggseh" at some point.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: May 15, 2018, 03:43:59 pm »

Good article but the only reason I am able to get through an entire article by Reddy is the fact that she has access and gets decent scoop. Her writing style is incredibly hard to read otherwise.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #513 on: May 15, 2018, 03:46:52 pm »
Good article but the only reason I am able to get through an entire article by Reddy is the fact that she has access and gets decent scoop. Her writing style is incredibly hard to read otherwise.

I've seen a few people say this, really don't mind it myself.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: May 15, 2018, 03:52:12 pm »

Yes, like I said I don't mind it to a large extent because they're usually insightful, but they are a far hard read. Something about her sentence framing seems off, to me at least (glad to know there are a few others like me too! )

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #515 on: May 15, 2018, 03:56:54 pm »
Don't want to deviate from the purpose of the thread but reading the Klopp article has reinforced my view that the skill set needed to manage a club like ours effectively is huge and requires skills that cannot be taught just by attending a few courses or by being an ex - pro.

When you look at the examples of leadership in that article, the judgement calls, knowing when to intervene and when to back off and do nothing. Taking responsibility, but at the same time trusting others to do their jobs. Knowing when and how to challenge colleagues to perform. These are all skills of a top class manager - in any field.
Unless a club can keep buying the best players each year for a coach to organise, e.g. City, then skills like Klopp's are essential for any club looking to punch at or above its weight. Which is why I find it hilarious when fans or pundits regularly chirp up with names of recently retired players as potential candidates for big jobs. They do not have the faintest idea of the skills needed to do the job properly.
And for the reasons above, I really do hope that United "give it Giggseh" at some point.

I keep repeating it, and people who don't know what they're on about keep denying it :D

But "Coaching" and "Management" are two separate things.

And both require talent. Playing level doesn't have any bearing on it. Coaching badges have no bearing on it. It comes down to how you relate to people, how well you use teaching methods (Barca regularly hire ex- or current teachers over ex-pros at La Masia, because pedagogy is more important than playing), whether you have a vision for players to buy into, and how well you communicate. The management side also includes how you manage upwards (your bosses), how you manage the media (keeping good PR and reducing bad PR), how you keep players motivated when they're not playing, how you keep them happy to remain at the club when they're contract is up or when someone else wants to buy them, and how you deal with those players once they've made up their mind to leave. Then there's also the organization of the background staff, their motivation and contracts, their recruitment and retention, the bridge between the youth system and the first team, and the overall progressive vision of the club as a whole.

You look at "pure" coaches - Pep, Rodgers, Martinez, even Hodgson to an extent - and you see clashes with non-playing/coaching staff, occasionally with coaching staff, usually a singular vision of how to play, often very demanding about the players they want in, and also regularly having players who don't quite "fit" with what they're doing.

Then you look at "pure" managers, like Klopp, like Ancelotti, like Ferguson, like Clough, like Sir Bob - and you see less singular footballing "visions", a lot of great PR work, everyone happy to be working with them, adaptable systems of play based on the players they have, and generally manage their boards quite well. They tend to let their players express themselves according to their skills, rather than be slaves to "the system", and as a result, they create more diverse teams than the managers in the paragraph above. Even for Klopp - if you look at his league numbers versus his Euro knockout numbers, you'll see a stark difference. In the league, it's Gegenpressing and possession. In Europe, it's almost defensive counter-attack - the perfect "Cup" tactics.

It's rare to get one who is good at both parts of the job. Shanks, Rafa, Cruyff, Herrera, Mourinho in his prime (but not now). Good on the training field, good in the board room.

These are generalizations of course, and there's a good spectrum for managers/coaches to fit into. But the key distinction for me is that Klopp is a manager, more than a coach. He's obsessed more with fitness than he is with tactics, more with organization than with detail, more with individual components than with the "groupthink".

This means he will bend rather than break under any pressure, in my opinion. Which is why he's a great option for us. I reckon he'll outlast Pep at City. And if he can outlast Pep, then I reckon only Klopp's Liverpool at that point will be able to make the step up to fill the gap, if we haven't already.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: May 15, 2018, 04:06:55 pm »
In light of the above from PoP....if Klopp is given untill 2022 without being hounded out, surely we will win the league. Well, you'd hope anyway....football is killing me I wanna take a backseat on it already! I'm waiting for that number 19

For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: May 15, 2018, 04:10:06 pm »
In light of the above from PoP....if Klopp is given untill 2022 without being hounded out, surely we will win the league. Well, you'd hope anyway....football is killing me I wanna take a backseat on it already! I'm waiting for that number 19

I hope any idiots thinking of hounding him out will be drowned out very quickly but yeah, I can see us challenging for the title much more consistently soon enough and we should be able to get number 19 and maybe more with Klopp.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: May 15, 2018, 04:17:13 pm »
I hope any idiots thinking of hounding him out will be drowned out very quickly but yeah, I can see us challenging for the title much more consistently soon enough and we should be able to get number 19 and maybe more with Klopp.

oh they were warming up their windpipes around the end of last year....but got thwarted by a great CL run (especially if we win the big eared bastard)

The best thing that could have happened is this CL run increasing the buy-in for Klopp (for players not fans)......and not just for those players already here but potentials.

Will help get closer to this Klopp template, whatever it will be
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #519 on: May 15, 2018, 04:49:07 pm »

Yeah I don't see the problem either.