Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
The Boozer / Re: Struggling with depression
« Last post by Black Bull Nova on Today at 12:57:54 am »
It's not the reaction of others that bothers me - I'm so short sighted that I can't see them anyway - it's more that I've lost the stamina and when it's a struggle it's easier to give up. I was regularly doing 45mins of laps non-stop three times a week, and struggling to manage 20 or less feels really dispiriting. I know I'm going to feel better for just going and doing it no matter how much actual exercise is done but it begins to feel like such a long journey back to where I was. (It doesn't help that both my work schedule changed a bit and the pool that I could go to on the way to the office first thing in the morning closed, so threw me off in terms of keeping a routine. Much easier to talk yourself out of it if it's 20mins by bus each way.) Just feels like another thing I want to be good at but am not, or plan to stick to but don't. We're all our own worst enemy sometimes, aren't we?

I had a motivation last year as I wanted to get fit and get practice in in the hope of going snorkelling on holiday - in the end I hurt my foot and couldn't do more than paddle, but I know sticking to it helped me do all the walking I wanted to do. Unfortunately I can't book another trip to somewhere warm enough to swim in the sea for a while (unless Southport is warmer than I remember?)
It's warm enough, it's finding the sea that's the problem.
The Tory scum government will do a backhand deal with the authorities to let the corrupt bas*ards off.

Even Andy Burnham will probably try to put in a good word for them when Labour get in power at the end of the year, I doubt Starmer has any backbone for this kind of thing. The whole thing stinks, they'll get away with it on some technicalities regarding 'lack of cooperation' and transparency issues.

Meanwhile, the fury from supporters will only become more intense. Only have to look at the reaction to their latest 'win', it's been wall to wall negativity.

I think the only way something is actually done is if supporters, not just Liverpool ones, of teams throughout the PL,  start boycotting games, go out to protest etc. They can't ignore that.

However looking at how Spurs and West Ham fans recently embarrassed themselves I think it's blatantly obvious that will never happen. Fans are too busy laughing at Liverpool or Arsenal not winning than actually trying to do something and change the PL.

So at moment we are looking at a fine and that's it.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Last post by oojason on Today at 12:54:53 am »

Final 10 minutes of the Wolves match - with Anfield singing 'I Feel Fine' to Klopp throughout: https://ok.ru/video/7355470514698?fromTime=2687 (at 86m 40s into the video)

^ or a 10 minute 220mb download file here: https://mega.nz/file/sK0GSLBJ#5DmQwDyX3uzQYv8CyVP8l6GCmeXefL3z2NLHS0jkWCc

mpre content in the 'Liverpool Audio/Video Thread', here: www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.msg19455866#msg19455866 (and then scroll down)
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Arne Slot confirmed
« Last post by Clint Eastwood on Today at 12:34:10 am »
Welcome. Can't wait for his presser, if new managers still get those.

Not sure what to make of the whole 'he's accepted the title of head coach rather than manager' thing. Does it really mean anything or is it a technicality? Strange that it seemed like an important detail.
« Last post by Tonyh8su on Today at 12:19:59 am »
Gutted to hear there was a lap of honour yesterday. It’s honestly my favourite part of the last home game and has been since I was a boy. That definitely wasn’t communicated correctly. The emotion post YNWA yesterday was intense for me anyway. I definitely didn’t expect a lap. I certainly wouldn’t have left had I known.

But like others I can’t believe George didn’t play YNWA. Yes it was lovely we all sang it but the moment deserved it played.

Ah look I dunno I’m a broken man after the emotions yesterday. I don’t know if I’ve ever cried like that for that long.
« Last post by Sinyoro on Today at 12:02:35 am »
Welcome Arne Slot, we have your back.

Best wishes
YNWA
General Football and Sport / Re: The NHL Thread
« Last post by Johnny Aldridge on Today at 12:01:31 am »
Energy is building over here right now, especially with the win in Edmonton last night. All the pressure on the Oilers tomorrow night.

Tonight’s the big un…
« Last post by Johnny Aldridge on Yesterday at 11:59:12 pm »
Huge news. Gigantic, in fact.

Oh My Golly, I’m Amazed!
« Last post by Red Wanderer on Yesterday at 11:57:59 pm »
I had this discussion with some of my mates (Who all left) in the pub after.

I'm not sure if our fans are dickheads or if the club fucked up.

We stayed because we've been going for 40 years and we waited for the lap of honour, but as you said 99% of the fans fucked off.

What the actual fuck? We did our best to clap the players, but you could tell they were thinking 'What the actual fucking fuck - everyone has fucked off' and barely any of them bothered.

Not sure what is going on with our fans any more.

We’ve stayed behind pretty much every season for the lap of honour. Yesterday we missed it because we had no indication it was happening - we’d been stood there for the best part of an hour, all the speeches and goodbyes had been said, fist pumps all round the ground, the players had walked about and waved and then they headed down the tunnel.
« Last post by mattD on Yesterday at 11:57:18 pm »
I had this discussion with some of my mates (Who all left) in the pub after.

I'm not sure if our fans are dickheads or if the club fucked up.

We stayed because we've been going for 40 years and we waited for the lap of honour, but as you said 99% of the fans fucked off.

What the actual fuck? We did our best to clap the players, but you could tell they were thinking 'What the actual fucking fuck - everyone has fucked off' and barely any of them bothered.

Not sure what is going on with our fans any more.

I was watching it on the telly and thought it was all over when they headed up the tunnel the first time around.

It's just miscommunication. PA or George should have reiterated that they were still to do a lap of honour with YNWA. Everyone would have stayed no doubt.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10