Author Topic: Shifting CEO standards? Coco the Clown vs Easy Rider  (Read 53369 times)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Shifting CEO standards? Coco the Clown vs Easy Rider
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2012, 08:52:38 pm »
Ayre isn't dangerous tell the Huddersfield fans that one, the point is look at the influence United have in the FA, look at the influence Arsenal had in the FA, look at the influence City now have with the FA, then look at Ayre,  do you not see a problem here?
Moores sold out to H&G not Parry, and didn't see Ayre leading the revolt against it at any juncture, in fact until he was told not to, he supported them to the bitter end.

So dont make this Arse of a man into some hero please!

What influence do City have?

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2012, 10:36:17 pm »
Frankly, comparing Ayre to Parry is entirely pointless.

Instead of comparing two individuals who have both shown themselves to be less than ideal for the role, we should be looking at how that position can be improved.

Are there any outstanding candidates out there who are (a) available, and (b) of the calibre required?

Irrespective of Ayre's ability (or perceived ability), who would be the right person to move the club forward?
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2012, 10:36:26 pm »
Ayre isn't dangerous tell the Huddersfield fans that one, the point is look at the influence United have in the FA, look at the influence Arsenal had in the FA, look at the influence City now have with the FA, then look at Ayre,  do you not see a problem here?
Moores sold out to H&G not Parry, and didn't see Ayre leading the revolt against it at any juncture, in fact until he was told not to, he supported them to the bitter end.

So dont make this Arse of a man into some hero please!

It's not about turning an arse of a man into hero, I'm just confused about how Parry is being turned in to some kind of hero. And Moores may have sold the club but who spent years finding a buyer and the best he could come up with G&H to sell the family silver to?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline garcia-alonso

• Kopite
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2012, 10:52:27 pm »
It's not about turning an arse of a man into hero, I'm just confused about how Parry is being turned in to some kind of hero. And Moores may have sold the club but who spent years finding a buyer and the best he could come up with G&H to sell the family silver to?
He's not being turned into a hero.
The point of the OP was along the lines of 'we thought Parry was shit, but now we've got Ayre and he's even worse'. No-one is saying that Rick Parry was great.

Offline optared

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2012, 10:58:42 pm »
What influence do City have?

this.

city have no influence, neither do united but believing it helps keep the conspiracy theory some of our fans subscribe to alive.
Its not uniteds, arsenals, citys fault we havent won the league for years, its ours.

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #125 on: November 1, 2012, 12:27:30 am »

Instead of comparing two individuals who have both shown themselves to be less than ideal for the role, we should be looking at how that position can be improved.

Are there any outstanding candidates out there who are (a) available, and (b) of the calibre required?

Irrespective of Ayre's ability (or perceived ability), who would be the right person to move the club forward?

John Williams?
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #126 on: November 1, 2012, 01:06:53 am »

I agree with that.

Off the field we seemed to have sacked people and not replaced them. FSG have been promising a CEO/Figurehead for over a year and Werner & Ayre aren't it. I thought they might go for Brian Barwick in the interim to look after football matters & get Ayre back on the financial side.

I was nosing around the LMA website the other day - and came across John Alexander, below is his profile, a scouser who is the chairman of all Football Administrators. I don't know if he's a blue, but how did we miss him? He is now at Man Utd.

John Alexander - PFAA Chairman
Born in Liverpool in 1955, John signed as a professional for Millwall after graduating from London University with a BA Hons. in Geography. He went on to play for Reading, where he was a member of the 4th Division championship winning side in 1979, and Northampton Town.

On ceasing to be a professional John worked for the BBC for five years before joining Watford in 1987 where he was Assistant Secretary to Eddie Plumley before becoming Secretary. John was Tottenham Hotspur's Club Secretary since March 2000 before he joined Manchester United at the start of the 2010/11 season.

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #127 on: November 1, 2012, 02:55:41 am »
Interesting discussion, how many think Ayre will be in charge for next 5 years?

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #128 on: November 1, 2012, 03:06:54 am »
Why haven't FSG gone in for someone like David Dein, who could drastically make positive changes at the club, baffles me. One of the biggest changes needed at the club is the removal of Ian Ayre.

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #129 on: November 1, 2012, 03:31:05 am »
Shebby Singh? (dont know what his official title is)

Bugger was/is a commenter on Star sports (some cable network we get here in Singapore).  Former Malaysian national team footballer and one of the more airheaded commenters we have/had.... and we have several poor poor ones around...

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #130 on: November 1, 2012, 07:46:43 am »
I agree with that.

Off the field we seemed to have sacked people and not replaced them. FSG have been promising a CEO/Figurehead for over a year and Werner & Ayre aren't it. I thought they might go for Brian Barwick in the interim to look after football matters & get Ayre back on the financial side.

I was nosing around the LMA website the other day - and came across John Alexander, below is his profile, a scouser who is the chairman of all Football Administrators. I don't know if he's a blue, but how did we miss him? He is now at Man Utd.

John Alexander - PFAA Chairman
Born in Liverpool in 1955, John signed as a professional for Millwall after graduating from London University with a BA Hons. in Geography. He went on to play for Reading, where he was a member of the 4th Division championship winning side in 1979, and Northampton Town.

On ceasing to be a professional John worked for the BBC for five years before joining Watford in 1987 where he was Assistant Secretary to Eddie Plumley before becoming Secretary. John was Tottenham Hotspur's Club Secretary since March 2000 before he joined Manchester United at the start of the 2010/11 season.

Have they been looking for a CEO though - and what role would he take up given a CEO and MD are practically the same? No other clubs have both.

Also, we have a club secretary, so what's your point about John Alexander?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #131 on: November 1, 2012, 07:47:33 am »
Why haven't FSG gone in for someone like David Dein, who could drastically make positive changes at the club, baffles me. One of the biggest changes needed at the club is the removal of Ian Ayre.

The rumours, and they are just that, is he was approached at least twice (same for Barwick) and turned down the role offered.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: November 1, 2012, 08:46:06 am »
Bugger was/is a commenter on Star sports (some cable network we get here in Singapore).  Former Malaysian national team footballer and one of the more airheaded commenters we have/had.... and we have several poor poor ones around...

Pretty sure he is involved with Blackburn and the Venkys too
Thinking is overrated.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: November 1, 2012, 08:47:50 am »
He's not being turned into a hero.
The point of the OP was along the lines of 'we thought Parry was shit, but now we've got Ayre and he's even worse'. No-one is saying that Rick Parry was great.

No one is saying that about Ayre either, but try and add some balance to the argument and thats what gets thrown around.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 1, 2012, 10:38:09 am »
 the club is rudderless at the moment
absentee landlords
poor CEO
the mess with Chiang
the mess with suarez and the culture of putting blame on dalglish
the mes with Dempsey/Carroll
the spending of 100 million on dross
the forcing of torres out the door when he withdrew the request

the glaziers wouldnt allow their investment to be run so poorly so why do fsg

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 1, 2012, 10:52:48 am »
I dont know Ayre and I dont know who has been responsible for what behind the scenes.

The idea that we can discuss a CEO, MD etc as though he were a centre forward strikes me as daft. It is pure speculation based on little or nothing. There are very few facts in any of it. It may all be right, it may all be wrong but it says more about you  and what you believe than about Ayre.

I think it appeals to the worse side of all of us to be able to pigeon hole somebody as all good or all bad. It is simply not true for most people.

The transfer situation with Comolli and Dalglish - if it had worked we'd be praising him for allowing the 'experts' to get on with it - when it doesn't he didn't exert enough control. Exactly how did the fabled 'consensus' approach work there with the individual business cases? We just dont know enough to attrubute responsibility and therfore blame.

Part of being a CEO is risk taking and on occasion you get it wrong. Making mistakes isn't generally the issue - its how you go about it that is.  But in the above example we dont know who pulled the strings - Ayre didn't bring in Comolli. Did Ayre agree the transfer strategy for this summer. We're told Henry does everything by consensus with his vote being more equal than everybody else's.....

Is Ayre just a patsy for FSG, in place until they learn the ropes and then discarded. He has none of the qualifications you'd expect in terms of the FA , UEFA etc - he is not an experienced football administrator and has never claimed to be. He has none of the football acumen you'd expect in a technical director, no experience of running such a huge organisation. On the face it he is somebody who has been given an opportunity of a life time, I'm not sure he can be blamed for taking it.

The Suarez debacle was handled badly from start to finish but how much was Kenny himself responsible for that, he dug several trenches without the assistance of Ayre and Suarez himself needs to take some of the flak on handshake gate. We have to hope we have learned the lessons there so why bring in somebody else who may need to learn those lessons again.

On the Chang appointment i doubt that was Ayre, so does he take the grief for the Slam Dunk debacle, apparently he does.

Ayre appears to have been responsible for every bad decision and none of the good ones in the last 2 years. Apparently he was Hicks bitch at the same time as being part of the group that removed Hicks.

There is the old phrase about walking a mile in somebody else's shoes before you criticise them and I think that applies here.

As for Parry and the 'family silver' the responsibility for that is clear. I'm not sure how he can atone for that or what Ayre would need to do to reach that level of incompetence but certainly more than even you have accused him of.

For me Ayre is an easy target, he knows he is, its part of his brief and he has developed a thick hide to go with it. He's the face of FSG over here and it aint that pretty but it is what it is - if we have any real issues they should be with FSG which is where the responsibility ultimately lies everything else is guesswork - the organ grinder not the monkey (@ Clattenberg).

generally appears to me that your approach to this is -
a) we do not really know, so how can we criticise really (hicks' bitch, blamed for every decision, etc.)
b) even if we do know ayre had his paws over something, did he really have the authority to make the final decision? (suarez, cheng, etc)
c) is it fair to criticise someone when things go tits up, when he would have been praised if it had gone well (Comolli/Dalglish transfers)

how about we look at how we are run as a club since he has been md?  he is a director, he does not delegate authority or responsibility as a director to someone else (under law he cannot for a start)?

well, since he has been in any position of responsibility we have been run in a way that has made us less competitive and less efficient and less effective....now, ayre does not hold the purse strings, so of course it his not his fault we do not have more money to spend or an endless bag of cash to drop in front of anyone we want to buy.....however, dalglish and comolli (in particular comolli) paid the price for wasteful use of resources and not advancing the club despite investment by the owners.....however, ayre remains having not seen any improvement in club performance since he took over....so, should he be accountable?  or can he just say the people employed to do their jobs have failed, so the club failed, and that is nothing to do with ayre?  what is he accountable for?
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline Stan.

• drinks warm piss, and come back to him when Owen actually joins utd. Until then leeeeeave Micky aloooone!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 1, 2012, 11:28:26 am »
Whilst I agree with those who say it's difficult to fully assess a CEO-type role without being privy to all the facts, those who believe there's no smoke without fire have certainly got enough examples of board-room-balls-ups to justifiably have serious misgivings about Ayre and the way the club is currently being run.

I also think these days that, if as owners you're not prepared to throw money at a football club (and to fair, even if you are), it's imperative that the 'team' of people charged with running the club on a day-to-day basis should be the best you can possibly find.  I'm not sure even the most staunch FSG/Ayre supporters could honestly say that's what we have at the moment.
Someday soon everyone will know the truth.  96 never forgotten.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: November 1, 2012, 11:33:17 am »
I've only just moseyed in here because the comparison of Coco and Ayre depresses me. Our progress is contingent on the two men at the helm - Rodgers and Ayre - and the latter of those is singularly uninspiring as a leader or even as an administrator.
I'm reminded of something I quoted in the now-locked FSG thread:
Werner promised FSG would “find the very best people in football.” Henry gave us the vision he’d sold Martin Broughton [...] how they’d identified “the right manager, the right general manager, the right CEO.”
WHY are they getting it so wrong, not just frequently but sequentially? It's the most important question they can ask themselves.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: November 1, 2012, 11:41:21 am »
the club is rudderless at the moment
absentee landlords
poor CEO
the mess with Chiang
the mess with suarez and the culture of putting blame on dalglish
the mes with Dempsey/Carroll
the spending of 100 million on dross
the forcing of torres out the door when he withdrew the request

the glaziers wouldnt allow their investment to be run so poorly so why do fsg

Forcing Torres out of the door? Why the fuck should the club dance to Torres's tune? He put the request in because he wanted to leave. He walked around with a face like a slapped arse for half his time with us, then decided we werent good enough for his tallent, then decided we were... how about instead of looking at putting the blame for everything that goes wrong at the feet of the owners or Ayer or someone else we look at the people actually involved in making those decisions, they are all adults after all?

No one forced Torres out of the door other then Torres.

Chang is to blame for Chang being an arse.

Ayre didnt sign £100 million worth of dross Kenny and Comolli did.
Thinking is overrated.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #139 on: November 1, 2012, 11:41:22 am »
Werner promised FSG would “find the very best people in football.” Henry gave us the vision he’d sold Martin Broughton [...] how they’d identified “the right manager, the right general manager, the right CEO.”

Where is this last bit coming from, about Henry's comments he'd sold to Broughton? As if he had found the right manager, presumably before he bought the club given he told Broughton, and presuming this was Kenny, then it took them 3 months to get Roy out and him in there! They also took a long long time to settle on Ayre as the MD/CEO.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #140 on: November 1, 2012, 11:42:18 am »

Yeah but people clearly wanted the MD to step in and make football decisions, ah wait....

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #141 on: November 1, 2012, 11:43:29 am »
Forcing Torres out of the door? Why the fuck should the club dance to Torres's tune? He put the request in because he wanted to leave. He walked around with a face like a slapped arse for half his time with us, then decided we werent good enough for his tallent, then decided we were... how about instead of looking at putting the blame for everything that goes wrong at the feet of the owners or Ayer or someone else we look at the people actually involved in making those decisions, they are all adults after all?

No one forced Torres out of the door other then Torres.

Chang is to blame for Chang being an arse.

wrong, not that it matters now anyway.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #142 on: November 1, 2012, 11:45:02 am »

Wasn't it Kenny anyway according to the rumour, and it is just a rumour?

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: November 1, 2012, 11:49:37 am »
I've only just moseyed in here because the comparison of Coco and Ayre depresses me. Our progress is contingent on the two men at the helm - Rodgers and Ayre - and the latter of those is singularly uninspiring as a leader or even as an administrator.
WHY are they getting it so wrong, not just frequently but sequentially? It's the most important question they can ask themselves.

There must be a very good reason why Ayre is still here. Regardless of whether people think the club was bought on the cheap, £200 million is still £200 million, you dont spend that kind of money and leave a monkey in charge unless either he isnt a monkey (im 50:50 on that) or there is a very good reason to do so.

Only one I can honestly think of is that FSG cant get who they want (there has been talk of Dein, Barwick and recently that Aussie fella) and so they are sticking with Ayre until someone they want becomes available which as with the hunt for a new manager probably hightlights we are not an attractive proposition as we maybe like to think we are.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: November 1, 2012, 11:51:43 am »

Are you suggesting that if Torres didnt put in his initial transfer reques he would have been sold anyway?
Thinking is overrated.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #145 on: November 1, 2012, 11:51:48 am »
Wasn't it Kenny anyway according to the rumour, and it is just a rumour?
It's a shite rumour, fact is Kenny had no say in anything but being the coach at that point in time and working with whatever players were there or brought in. He was allowed 'input' into comings and goings but not a definitive say as he wasn't a permanent member of staff.

Are you suggesting that if Torres didnt put in his initial transfer reques he would have been sold anyway?
Si.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 1, 2012, 11:55:09 am »
Si.

What are you basing this on? Torres has been on record as saying he wanted to leave in the Summer but the club said no, not until the club was sold.
Thinking is overrated.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #147 on: November 1, 2012, 12:00:38 pm »
to be honest, wanting to stay or go (I don't particularly care about the rumour), getting £50m for him wasn't bad business. He put himself in the position in the first place.

We wouldn't of been having this conversation had the money been spent well. Some of it was on Suarez, an even bigger chunk was certainly not done so on Carroll. That wasn't down to Ayre as he is there to be the business side of the club, not pick and choose who we buy and for how much. The club (more so the owners as doubt Ayre had any input in to it) employed Comolli and then Dalglish to deal with that side of things.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #148 on: November 1, 2012, 12:03:22 pm »

Straight off the bat Brian Barwick would be a big improvement (not that that'd be difficult) and could be appointed now. Respected in the game (unlike Ayre), big influence in the FA (unlike Ayre) and a genuine Liverpool fan to boot.

He's not a brilliant administrator but he's a damn site better than what we've got.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: November 1, 2012, 12:04:42 pm »
Straight off the bat Brian Barwick would be a big improvement (not that that'd be difficult) and could be appointed now. Respected in the game (unlike Ayre), big influence in the FA (unlike Ayre) and a genuine Liverpool fan to boot.

He was asked and turned us down if the rumors are to be believed.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: November 1, 2012, 12:04:43 pm »
Interesting discussion, how many think Ayre will be in charge for next 5 years?

Teflon will be here as long as FSG are (probably).

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: November 1, 2012, 12:05:00 pm »
He was asked and turned us down if the rumors are to be believed.

First i've heard of it. I know he was some sort of media advisor to the owners a few months ago, but i've heard nothing to suggest he was offered the CEO position.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: November 1, 2012, 12:10:05 pm »
First i've heard of it. I know he was some sort of media advisor to the owners a few months ago, but i've heard nothing to suggest he was offered the CEO position.

Its been mentioned on here a few times
Thinking is overrated.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: November 1, 2012, 12:12:56 pm »
Where is this last bit coming from, about Henry's comments he'd sold to Broughton? As if he had found the right manager, presumably before he bought the club given he told Broughton, and presuming this was Kenny, then it took them 3 months to get Roy out and him in there! They also took a long long time to settle on Ayre as the MD/CEO.

The perils of editing - Henry was referring to what they'd done with the Red Sox and telling Broughton they could replicate those kinds of incisive appointments at LFC. Shortly afterwards, they announced Comolli, a man of no great reputation, no gravitas, no influence at FA level and no links to LFC.
I believe it's Dein, not Barwick, who turned us down twice. The idea that they are awaiting the right appointment above Ayre's head stems, I think, from the leaking of their approach to Gillon McLachlan, which was made in the Spring. Whether they are still in the market or simply letting matters drift is another matter.
Any sightings of our new Commercial Director this side of the Atlantic btw? Because I never received a rebuttal to my understanding that Hogan is remaining in Boston.

Offline s4ffy1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #154 on: November 1, 2012, 12:15:37 pm »
The perils of editing - Henry was referring to what they'd done with the Red Sox and telling Broughton they could replicate those kinds of incisive appointments at LFC. Shortly afterwards, they announced Comolli, a man of no great reputation, no gravitas, no influence at FA level and no links to LFC.
I believe it's Dein, not Barwick, who turned us down twice. The idea that they are awaiting the right appointment above Ayre's head stems, I think, from the leaking of their approach to Gillon McLachlan, which was made in the Spring. Whether they are still in the market or simply letting matters drift is another matter.
Any sightings of our new Commercial Director this side of the Atlantic btw? Because I never received a rebuttal to my understanding that Hogan is remaining in Boston.

Did you find out any more news about the composition of our transfer commitee mate? besides Fallows and Hunter?

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #155 on: November 1, 2012, 12:17:09 pm »
It is essential that a savvy football man is appointed to replace Ayre before the January transfer window opens. Given that we actually have some cash,we can't afford another shambles like the last window.
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: November 1, 2012, 12:17:35 pm »
Did you find out any more news about the composition of our transfer commitee mate? besides Fallows and Hunter?

Not yet.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #157 on: November 1, 2012, 12:18:38 pm »

Ah, sorry thought it read like he was on about us!

I'm only going from rumour about Barwick, as it is with Dein to be honest, no idea if either or both have actually been approached. I would be surprised if either of them hadn't though.

Does it matter? From the looks of things, the major commercial growth is going to be outside of the UK anyway. I imagine he'll of been over here to assess the state of the commercial department as it currently is but other than that no sure it matters if he is based here or not.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: November 1, 2012, 12:21:05 pm »

No Kenny didn't. Kenny might of agreed to want these players but he wouldn't of been involved in the transfer dealings.

Comolli would of, however Ayre is the MD and could of stepped in at any stage to highlight to Comolli that we're paying too much for players but no - just sat there and watched us spend 35m on Carroll, 16-18m on Henderson etc.

Ayre seems to have a habbit of letting others take the blame. Is that how you get to the top?

Offline s4ffy1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #159 on: November 1, 2012, 12:24:13 pm »
Its fair point though by no666 we were promised a super duper management team and all we have is Rodgers and recruited a couple of highly rated scouts (but they don't count as management) and in the process also lost a good football person in Segura. The only bright light this season has been the academy and a one of the factors in the success of the academy we have lost.
The real lack of football people at the club is telling, look at City they have Soriano, Tixi, Marwood and Viera we have Ian Ayres, say what you like about the owners at City but they are putting a very good structure in place both at Academy level as well first team, expanding the number of people involved in decision making and running of the football club. We are a one man show.