Author Topic: Premier League Fixtures 27th - 28th April  (Read 12887 times)

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Premier League Fixtures 27th - 28th April
« Reply #680 on: April 28, 2024, 06:22:17 pm »
Alan Smith's bitter commentary over the replay of Haaland's goal was genuinely hilarious there, fair play. Have to grip onto the small wins in football these last few weeks.

Yeah he has been willing Forest on all game desperate for Forest to score.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #681 on: April 28, 2024, 06:23:18 pm »
Erling's dad looks normal. I wonder if their mailman was a pigman.

:D

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: April 28, 2024, 06:24:14 pm »
These are from today. We are not playing today.

Why slag off our players in this thread?

I guess I'm letting out frustration at the predicament we have in that position ahead of next season and beyond.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: April 28, 2024, 06:24:25 pm »
Alan Smith's bitter commentary over the replay of Haaland's goal was genuinely hilarious there, fair play. Have to grip onto the small wins in football these last few weeks.

Suck it up Alan ya big nosed twat!!!
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: April 28, 2024, 06:24:31 pm »
I actually think they are set with Havertz as the false 9. He has been a game changer for them since the change in January. Presses effectively from the front, immaculate first touch and link-up play is elite. He knits their attack perfectly. The best comparison to a Firmino you will see.

Sums up how lazy our recruitment had gotten that we didn't see his performances as a false 9 for Leverkusen, and sign him up as a long term replacement for Firmino.

If I was Arteta, I would be looking for the elite attacker down the left rather than in the 9 position. They need to find a Salah/Mane from the left who will chip in with 15+ league goals.

Chelsea bought him and he cost about £90m but yeah carry on

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: April 28, 2024, 06:26:10 pm »
Chelsea bought him and he cost about £90m but yeah carry on

That season we bought Jota in attack, fucking criminally negligent move by recruitment ay

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #686 on: April 28, 2024, 06:28:18 pm »
Yes but will Spurs try ???

Will United?

They've got Arsenal at home. Get anything they win the league for city
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: April 28, 2024, 06:28:27 pm »
RAWK. Who do you want to stay up? Forest/Burney/Luton?

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #688 on: April 28, 2024, 06:29:22 pm »
At least if City and/or Arsenal win out the blues can shut up with their 'we cost you the league' shouts.

Mate, obviously the loss to Palace fucked us and, to be honest, drawing away at OT. But there's been a disgracefully false narrative created by actual professionals within the game for 10 years that a 3-3 draw at Palace cost us the league despite the fact that we have to win the game by 14 clear goals after losing to Chelsea in the game that ACTUALLY cost us the league.

The rule of football these days is "never let the truth get in the way of good banter, innit".

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: April 28, 2024, 06:29:29 pm »
All much of a muchness really. I’d say Luton but their fans are twats aswell.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: April 28, 2024, 06:29:30 pm »
Spurs aren't getting anything against City even if top four was on the line.

Certainly don't see them busting a gut against City if they've nothing to play for. Seeing their north London rivals trophyless for another season will help ease their pain.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: April 28, 2024, 06:29:43 pm »
Will United?

Probably not but if City win out that not matter.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: April 28, 2024, 06:29:43 pm »
They don't. 14 ponits behind us with a goal diffrence they are not making up.  ;D
They are not far away from Villa.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: April 28, 2024, 06:29:44 pm »

I'd rather they all went down. I know they can't but I'd rather that

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #694 on: April 28, 2024, 06:31:50 pm »

Luton. Forest have one or two who we might look to recruit and Burnley’s full of Brexiteers allegedly😂 (despite Alistair Campbell)
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: April 28, 2024, 06:31:52 pm »
I actually think they are set with Havertz as the false 9. He has been a game changer for them since the change in January. Presses effectively from the front, immaculate first touch and link-up play is elite. He knits their attack perfectly. The best comparison to a Firmino you will see.

Sums up how lazy our recruitment had gotten that we didn't see his performances as a false 9 for Leverkusen, and sign him up as a long term replacement for Firmino.

If I was Arteta, I would be looking for the elite attacker down the left rather than in the 9 position. They need to find a Salah/Mane from the left who will chip in with 15+ league goals.
What in the hell is this shit? Why are you constantly wanking over Arsenal? You’re worse than the Arsenal posters on here, at least they only wank in the Arsenal thread.. you’re in every thread it seems bigging them up and slagging off our own players. Having a go at the club for missing out on Havertz cos he’s having a half decent season? Stop this facade you love Arsenal just admit it, we’re very welcoming on here, just as North Bank, hell, even ask Tony the Manc. Stop living a lie
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #696 on: April 28, 2024, 06:33:05 pm »
Will United?

If it was us the fans would be cheering Arsenal on.

They won't want City winning it (United never won 4 in a row) but if it's out of Arsenal's hands anyway when they play them, then they'll be less bothered.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #697 on: April 28, 2024, 06:34:07 pm »
This title race is in the balance for me

City v Spurs  if city are like this is game on

Shocked at how any Liverpool fan can come out with this after our own experiences in the past.

City had Everton a week after that Chelsea defeat in 13/14. Probably the best Everton side of the last 30 years. Think they were 5th and playing some impressive stuff under Martinez.

It was a pathetic performance and it all came from the eerie and morgue like atmosphere from the stands. Not sure I can even blame the Everton players because of the strange situation.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: April 28, 2024, 06:35:16 pm »

They won't want City winning it (United never won 4 in a row) but if it's out of Arsenal's hands anyway when they play them, then they'll be less bothered.
What was the Blackburn game in '95 like?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: April 28, 2024, 06:35:49 pm »

I want Forest to go down because it's become another toxic fixture for us that we could do without (not that Luton fans were much better when we went there). Also the chairman would go nuclear on PGMOL and the Prem which would be amusing.

Forest having Sheff U next probably keeps them safe. Luton's best hope is Everton are on the beach but they don't look like they have a win in them. Burnley need to keep within a couple of points of Forest before the last day.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: April 28, 2024, 06:37:51 pm »
What was the Blackburn game in '95 like?

I was there for that. Surreal day.

There was definitely pockets who cheered when Blackburn went one up. Blackburn were actually so bad on the day that we didn't need to do much to get back in it and the crowd got behind the team. When we scored at the end for about 20 seconds we thought we'd just won United the league and then the news came through of the full time.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: April 28, 2024, 06:37:55 pm »
I guess I'm letting out frustration at the predicament we have in that position ahead of next season and beyond.
That's not really a good reason though, is it?

Everybody connected with the club is doing the best they can, where we've come up short in a title race many didn't expect us to be in. We've got three more games to savour with Jurgen at the helm. Try to savour that rather than waste time being frustrated. Who knows what the future will bring.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: April 28, 2024, 06:38:49 pm »
What in the hell is this shit? Why are you constantly wanking over Arsenal? You’re worse than the Arsenal posters on here, at least they only wank in the Arsenal thread.. you’re in every thread it seems bigging them up and slagging off our own players. Having a go at the club for missing out on Havertz cos he’s having a half decent season? Stop this facade you love Arsenal just admit it, we’re very welcoming on here, just as North Bank, hell, even ask Tony the Manc. Stop living a lie

It's a wacky thing to do on this forum I know. Praising opposition teams and players. So unusual that they must be a fan of that club. Brilliant logic that.

Change Arsenal's name to Oldham and if they were playing the same standard of football, I would be praising Oldham.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: April 28, 2024, 06:41:48 pm »
I was there for that. Surreal day.

There was definitely pockets who cheered when Blackburn went one up. Blackburn were actually so bad on the day that we didn't need to do much to get back in it and the crowd got behind the team. When we scored at the end for about 20 seconds we thought we'd just won United the league and then the news came through of the full time.
Interesting.

So Blackburn froze effectively despite us wanting them to win? Thankfully, we didn't hand United the title.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: April 28, 2024, 06:52:28 pm »

I'll put my hands up and admit I wanted Chelsea to beat us at Anfield. Think it was in 2010 and we had nothing to play for. The record of 19 titles meant a lot back then and we had nothing else going for us.

Felt a bit guilty but I certainly wasn't the only one. I knew quite a few who let out a wry smile when Gerrard made that back pass that led to Drogba scoring.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #705 on: April 28, 2024, 06:54:32 pm »
Shocked at how any Liverpool fan can come out with this after our own experiences in the past.

City had Everton a week after that Chelsea defeat in 13/14. Probably the best Everton side of the last 30 years. Think they were 5th and playing some impressive stuff under Martinez.

It was a pathetic performance and it all came from the eerie and morgue like atmosphere from the stands. Not sure I can even blame the Everton players because of the strange situation.
You'd swear they lost 5-0 with 3 own goals rather than narrowly losing 3-2 to a far better team the way you put it!
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: April 28, 2024, 06:57:03 pm »
I'll put my hands up and admit I wanted Chelsea to beat us at Anfield. Think it was in 2010 and we had nothing to play for. The record of 19 titles meant a lot back then and we had nothing else going for us.

Felt a bit guilty but I certainly wasn't the only one. I knew quite a few who let out a wry smile when Gerrard made that back pass that led to Drogba scoring.
Come on Dan. Give it a rest.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: April 28, 2024, 06:57:19 pm »
You'd swear they lost 5-0 with 3 own goals rather than narrowly losing 3-2 to a far better team the way you put it!

Scoreline doesn't tell the story.

It was a pathetic last half an hour even if it was 3-2.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #708 on: April 28, 2024, 07:01:04 pm »
Forest have some decent forwards. If they had a decent centre forward then they would have been much higher up the table.
#JFT97

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: April 28, 2024, 07:03:35 pm »
Forest have some decent forwards. If they had a decent centre forward then they would have been much higher up the table.
Awoniyi is a decent PL-level striker.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #710 on: April 28, 2024, 07:03:51 pm »

*18 at the time. But I wouldn't expect an Arsenal fan to get it right.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: April 28, 2024, 07:05:21 pm »
Will United?

I think there is a significant amount of united supporters who would much rather City win it than Arsenal.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: April 28, 2024, 07:05:33 pm »

Weren't we linked with both him and Werner for ages, only for Chelsea to simply pay more? Think we definitely considered Havertz.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: April 28, 2024, 07:12:17 pm »
I think there is a significant amount of united supporters who would much rather City win it than Arsenal.

It'll only be the Manchester area United fans who give a fuck about City anyway and that's only because they'll have to work with some. Their wider fanbase won't care (but all hate us). They had more of a rivalry with Arsenal in the 2000s than with City but that died down.

Only real variable in the mix is they won't want City winning 4 in a row because they never did and it hasn't been done before in England. Same way last season City winning the treble stopped them being the only club to do so in England.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: April 28, 2024, 07:14:34 pm »
Weren't we linked with both him and Werner for ages, only for Chelsea to simply pay more? Think we definitely considered Havertz.

Chelsea spent 70 million pound on him during the middle of a pandemic in 2020 (months after blowing us out the water financially with Werner who would have been the long term replacement and we dodged a bullet there).

To be fair we signed Jota for half that amount around the same time.

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: April 28, 2024, 07:15:39 pm »

We were linked with both, but we were also tightening our belts somewhat due to a global pandemic. Chelsea just came out and spent like drunken sailors, seeing it as a good time to hoover up player’s whilst other clubs were playing it cautious due to the situation.

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #716 on: April 28, 2024, 07:19:35 pm »
Spurs aren't getting anything against City even if top four was on the line.

Not that it matters now, but since the beginning of 2019 season, Man City are 4-2-5 against Spurs. 

A team that generally does have their measure.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: April 28, 2024, 07:28:25 pm »
We were linked with both, but we were also tightening our belts somewhat due to a global pandemic. Chelsea just came out and spent like drunken sailors, seeing it as a good time to hoover up player’s whilst other clubs were playing it cautious due to the situation.

Yeah that was it basically. I just thought the previous comment about us being lazy in our recruitment, as though we never thought of him, was way wide of the mark.

As someone else mentioned, we got Jota the same summer, and until recently I would've said he was a better player/signing than Havertz anyway. But Jota unfortunately has never had the fitness record that Havertz does.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: April 28, 2024, 07:37:56 pm »

Yeah, that was basically the title decider as Chelsea had an easy home game last day and that was the penultimate game to keep it in their hands.

We still had a chance of top 4 at the time as well, although it was out of our hands.

That was a depressing day though. We were awful, top 4 hopes gone, Chelsea fans celebrating effectively a title and a double (Portsmouth in the cup final to come) and taking the piss out of us, Hicks and Gillett killing the club, while what turned out to be Rafa's last home game for us and most of the ground had buggered off before the last home game parade started.

Shows things can change as we looked a million miles from a title then.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #719 on: April 28, 2024, 08:10:44 pm »
I don’t think 99% of players care about rivalries and where the title goes anywhere near as much as fans. Players are selfish. Look at the bust up Chelsea had over that penalty.

For example, a Spurs/United forward will always care more about scoring and improving their own stats than playing a part in a Arsenal/City title win.