Author Topic: Liverpool stadium plan to be approved next week  (Read 17162 times)

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
Re: Liverpool stadium plan to be approved next week
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2008, 10:49:10 pm »
mate i been serching the official site [where i read this statement] but cant seem to find it. i very much hope it was a pisstake but with these yanks in charge nothing would surprise me.

Yeah, I know, me neither, but changing the Kop to something other than the "special single tier awesome terrace which is the hearbeat of the new stadium", nah, surely our custodians wouldn't do such a thing, would they?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2008, 10:50:14 pm »
I know what you mean but surely nobody would waste millions on this project if it wasn't intended to happen, not even Statler and Waldorf, eh?

Well they've already done it before.  Rem the initial plan released about last July?  These two don't have to pennies to rub together in anger, and given the credit crunch the finance isn't easy to come by.  Where are they going to get the dosh from to actually put the proverbial spade in the ground?

On a slightly different subject.  I've asked this on a few various boards, but haven't really received an answer.  I'm sure there must be one.

What is the main reason why LFC can't simply rebuild/extend around Anfield?  As far as I can see all houses in immediate vicinity are derelict.  Who owns these?  I thought LFC did.  If this is the case surely they could simply expand Anfield.

There's prob an obvious reason why they can't, and I may be embarrassed when someone points it out if it is so obvious.  But I've yet to see evidence why this can't happen.

Offline PhilAnderer

• Kopite
  • Smack my arse
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2008, 10:50:38 pm »
The design will be a 100 year reminder of Hicks' legacy.

I want it scrapped and the mega DIC designed stadium with sharks and lasers as some one quoted lol.

Offline Need_a_bevvy

• The Bomber Harris of the Current Affairs Forum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2008, 10:54:06 pm »
Yeah, I know, me neither, but changing the Kop to something other than the "special single tier awesome terrace which is the hearbeat of the new stadium", nah, surely our custodians wouldn't do such a thing, would they?

At least give Hicks and the architects some credit for that. They seemed to understand the importance of the Kop.

It was better than the Parry Bowl....

Still not utterly convinced about the design.

Build a bigger Anfield replica.

That'll do me.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2008, 11:07:11 pm »
At least give Hicks and the architects some credit for that. They seemed to understand the importance of the Kop.

It was better than the Parry Bowl....

Still not utterly convinced about the design.

Build a bigger Anfield replica.

That'll do me.

Ok but I was talking about an earlier post that said that the Kop wasn't going to be a single tier stand anymore.

Offline Need_a_bevvy

• The Bomber Harris of the Current Affairs Forum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2008, 11:14:05 pm »
Ok but I was talking about an earlier post that said that the Kop wasn't going to be a single tier stand anymore.

Right.

I guess my post was more really adressed to the general audience  :wave

All three of them  8)
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
  • simply too intelligent, sorry.
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2008, 06:34:15 am »
This is just bollox. They can not pay for a stadium with their own or others money (cos no one will give it to them). This is yet more posturing to get more from DIC. Think I may start dreaming about killing Hicks.

:rant

Itnever ceases to amaze me how easily people fall for pr shite.
 :missus

How exactly is a news story saying a completely separate entity to us granting planning permission "posturing to get more from DIC"? The article is nothing to do with the the owners are anything new we're directly doing, it's about permission to build. Then it's back over to us.

Nobody is falling for PR shite, again how is someone else granting the club planning permission PR shite? Hicks doesn't have a say in it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 06:35:53 am by Football CRAZY »

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2008, 09:57:28 am »
mate i been serching the official site [where i read this statement] but cant seem to find it. i very much hope it was a pisstake but with these yanks in charge nothing would surprise me.

There are no executive boxes in the Kop designs - there is a disabled viewing platform halfway up at the level of the park outside the stadium (the pitch and lower tier is below park level) and cuts about a hlf of the way into the Kop. There is a requirement for all stands in new stadia to have disabled seating access.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2008, 05:14:18 pm »
There are no executive boxes in the Kop designs - there is a disabled viewing platform halfway up at the level of the park outside the stadium (the pitch and lower tier is below park level) and cuts about a hlf of the way into the Kop. There is a requirement for all stands in new stadia to have disabled seating access.

Cheers for that Rushian, thought so, and it's still a single tier isn't it?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 05:37:15 pm by redprodigal »

Offline You'll Never Walk Alone

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys...
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2008, 10:49:24 pm »
to be honest i don't really care anymore, we all know that it will never be built.
Quote from: Youll Never Walk Alone on September  2, 2007, 12:38:14 PM
Voronin = Bargain.

Offline paul j

• Kopite
  • liverpool f.c is my religion.
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2008, 09:18:45 am »
do the plans include 2 carparks?if you read the plans in the opening of this thread it states underground carpark which we all knew about,but it then mentions a 3 story carpark were the tennis courts are and shielded by a wall.
5 stars upon my shirt.
i am scouse not english.

Offline Skol

• Main Stander
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2008, 12:07:02 pm »
Fuck me. How much is it going to cost to draw this lot up, go through all the fucking razzmatazz again and then scrap them.
Just fuck off.

My thoughts exactly.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2008, 03:56:58 pm »
These are not new plans which are going to have to be drawn up, as explained by Football Crazy earlier.

Original quote from FAT SCOUSER"
Fuck me. How much is it going to cost to draw this lot up, go through all the fucking razzmatazz again and then scrap them.
Just fuck off."

My thoughts exactly.

"Earlier quote from Football Crazy"
 What the feck are some of you guys on about? Do people actually read what's being said? The article makes it perfecly clear it is about the forthcoming approval of the same redesigned HKS one from January. It's not another redesign. The one from January is the scaled down, smaller capacity, half-carpark design.

Offline albertared

• Left England in 1990 - probably chased by a mob.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2008, 05:15:51 pm »

The club must make sure spectators leaving their cars in the stadium’s 970 parking spaces arrive an hour before kick-off and wait an hour after the final whistle to leave.

they must be joking!
Left England 1990...still on our perch...I think I'd better come back because it's all gone haywire since!

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2008, 05:30:45 pm »
they must be joking!

The car park will be allocated to corporates anyway, who will be having a 5 course meal after the game and drinks beforehand so an hour to them is not really an issue.

Offline DFallows

• Main Stander
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2008, 05:35:48 pm »
they must be joking!

Nothing you need to worry about anyway.

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2008, 06:19:39 pm »
Nothing you need to worry about anyway.

Yeah, someone from Alberta is hardly going to be driving to the match and happen to have a pass for the club's private carpark.

Offline albertared

• Left England in 1990 - probably chased by a mob.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2008, 05:04:56 pm »

Yeah, someone from Alberta is hardly going to be driving to the match and happen to have a pass for the club's private carpark.

sorry...please forgive me for daring to consider an issue that might cause inconvenience to Reds supporters and posting a thought about it....how silly of me. i should have realised that RAWK members by and large don't really want anyone else's ideas because their own is all that matters ;)
Left England 1990...still on our perch...I think I'd better come back because it's all gone haywire since!

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2008, 07:11:54 pm »
From being an 'anorak' on our new stadium, now I can't be arsed anymore. The council must have a shed load of applications for permission to build the new ground, they've granted all of them, but still nothing has happened !

First spades in the ground by May.......my arse .
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2008, 07:17:51 pm »
60,000 capacity - FFS.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2008, 07:32:36 pm »
60,000 capacity - FFS.

I think you missed this part  "The future capacity of New Anfield, after any expansion, has been reduced from 76,000 to 73,000."

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2008, 07:45:07 pm »
  no mate parry came out with a statement while back confirming that unfortunately the new kop is not gonna be single tier and that there is gonna be excutive boxes in the kop as well.

He didn't - it was a fake quote. The gap is for disabled spaces but also has a view through to the concourse behind - which I hate along with all the fucking glass.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: June 6, 2008, 02:14:27 pm »
Ive heard the boards are going up on monday and work is about to comense anyone else heard similar?
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: June 6, 2008, 03:14:46 pm »
Ive heard the boards are going up on monday and work is about to comense anyone else heard similar?

One of those c*nts from KEIOC is saying the same on one of the blueshite forums. They appear to know more about our stadium move than we do, since they have been trying to stop it happening to share. so I'd assume it was true. Boarded off Monday, work to start properly in august. Good news.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: June 7, 2008, 08:23:41 am »
Dont know if you might find this intresting or not!

I live right next to the ground, Skerries Road, and have just got in from work to find a letter on my door mat notifying me that liverpool city council have been employed to start work on monday 9th june on advanced highway constructions ahead of THE NEW ANFIELD STADIUMCONSTRUCTION STARTING!
Doesnt actualy say a date th stadium will work but at least its an indication it to start soon and also more info than the yanks have decided to release

Posted on here.

http://www.talklfc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33208&st=1005&start=1005
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Rigobert

• Main Stander
« Reply #65 on: June 7, 2008, 11:55:45 am »
Dont know if you might find this intresting or not!

I live right next to the ground, Skerries Road, and have just got in from work to find a letter on my door mat notifying me that liverpool city council have been employed to start work on monday 9th june on advanced highway constructions ahead of THE NEW ANFIELD STADIUMCONSTRUCTION STARTING!
Doesnt actualy say a date th stadium will work but at least its an indication it to start soon and also more info than the yanks have decided to release

Posted on here.

http://www.talklfc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33208&st=1005&start=1005

I live on Lynholme Road.  The council are now hurriedly pushing through the Footy Match Parking Zones this summer and they're to be introduced in October.  I assume this is because the Stanley Park car park is soon to be lost to the imminent start of the construction of the new stadium.  In addition a container of the Laing company has appeared on the Priory Road side of the park.  This is nothing to do with the current renovation of the Walton side of the park so it must be there for some reason.

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #66 on: June 7, 2008, 12:09:52 pm »
I live on Lynholme Road.  The council are now hurriedly pushing through the Footy Match Parking Zones this summer and they're to be introduced in October.  I assume this is because the Stanley Park car park is soon to be lost to the imminent start of the construction of the new stadium.  In addition a container of the Laing company has appeared on the Priory Road side of the park.  This is nothing to do with the current renovation of the Walton side of the park so it must be there for some reason.

Laing O'Rourke are the main contractors for the stadium build so is likely to do with that.

Judging by what I have read in the financial accounts of Kop Football (Holdings) Limited, this is certainly something that will be moving forward due to some of the financial instruments they have inplace for atleast some of the stadium financing.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2008, 11:25:20 pm »
official planning permission has now been granted.  Decision was made, and posted, today which suggests that the DCLG gave the go ahead.

He never walked alone

Offline Toxteth Ogrady

• Main Stander
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2008, 11:31:20 pm »
Interesting. I thought it was already signed and sealed.

Begs the question then why is the leader of the council who have granted us permission to build the thing and regenerate the community trying to stoke up the groundshare hysteria in the local media.

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2008, 11:33:15 pm »
Interesting. I thought it was already signed and sealed.

Begs the question then why is the leader of the council who have granted us permission to build the thing and regenerate the community trying to stoke up the groundshare hysteria in the local media.

I could be reading it wrong, but today is the first day that the stage was changed from recommended to approved with conditions.  That seems to suggest that (given it's been 6 weeks since the planning meeting to discuss the stadium) the DCLG have now given the go ahead.

He never walked alone

Offline Toxteth Ogrady

• Main Stander
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2008, 11:40:12 pm »
Would there have to be any kind of guarantee from the club that the funds are in place to make that decision?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2008, 07:31:36 pm »
Would there have to be any kind of guarantee from the club that the funds are in place to make that decision?

Not necessarily. There would be conditions that any section 106 work is guaranteed before work commences but you can get planning permission for a project where you don't even own the land...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2008, 07:57:58 pm »
Slightly off topic Alan, but I know you don't like idea of the amount of glass used in the construction of the new stadium, but have you seen the new Picton  Rd swimming baths. ?

Obviously it's on a much smaller scale than our ground, but this building too uses a lot glass ( it's actually it's most dominant material ) and I think it looks brilliant, really cool and modern.

Is it the idea that having glass enclosed corners loses the 'closed in ' feeling you get now at Anfield that you object to, or are the other problems that you think arise using glass ?

When looking at Picton Rd baths I try to imagine the corners of the new Anfieldl looking similar but even bigger, and  personally I think it'll look awesome ( and unique in British football stadiums ) especially on a winters night with the rain and howling gales lashing against it.........could scare the shit out of some foreign teams on a C/L  night  that !

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2008, 08:18:21 pm »
official planning permission has now been granted.  Decision was made, and posted, today which suggests that the DCLG gave the go ahead.

Why did the DCLG take so long in deciding whether to call-in our scheme or not? It was passed by Liverpool City Council in early May so I make that about six weeks, yet when Knowsley council passed the Everton scheme the Echo screamed "21 days to decide Evertons future", so they'll know their fate from DCLG in half the amount of time.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2008, 08:41:23 pm »
Slightly off topic Alan, but I know you don't like idea of the amount of glass used in the construction of the new stadium, but have you seen the new Picton  Rd swimming baths. ?

Obviously it's on a much smaller scale than our ground, but this building too uses a lot glass ( it's actually it's most dominant material ) and I think it looks brilliant, really cool and modern.

Is it the idea that having glass enclosed corners loses the 'closed in ' feeling you get now at Anfield that you object to, or are the other problems that you think arise using glass ?

When looking at Picton Rd baths I try to imagine the corners of the new Anfieldl looking similar but even bigger, and  personally I think it'll look awesome ( and unique in British football stadiums ) especially on a winters night with the rain and howling gales lashing against it.........could scare the shit out of some foreign teams on a C/L  night  that !

No problem with glass as a facade material, though it does make a stadium look like an office building. My biggest problem is the glass at the corners, especially at the sides of the Kop, where there should be crinkly tin or the modern equivalent. Anfield isn't about transparency, it's an enclosed cauldron away from the world outside.

"Transparency" is a classic architectural bullshit word. Name me one great stadium that has open glass corners?... the ones that get mentioned as having great atmosphere - Westfalenstadion, San Siro, Nou Camp, the current Anfield, even Old Trafford... all completely enclosed.

It's an idea taken straight from American football stadiums (the Dallas Cowboys is the obvious example) and has fuck all to do with our club.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 08:47:05 pm by Alan_F »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2008, 10:56:45 am »
Anfield isn't about transparency, it's an enclosed cauldron away from the world outside.

"Transparency" is a classic architectural bullshit word. Name me one great stadium that has open glass corners?... the ones that get mentioned as having great atmosphere - Westfalenstadion, San Siro, Nou Camp, the current Anfield, even Old Trafford... all completely enclosed.

Tottally agree!

Offline culbs

• Kopite
  • 5 is more than 3
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2008, 11:03:44 am »
Great news that the spades will be finally going into the ground soon.
"Liverpool is one of those clubs that any coach always dreams about being able to manage" - Rafael Benitez

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2008, 09:14:27 am »
Name me one great stadium that has open glass corners?... the ones that get mentioned as having great atmosphere - Westfalenstadion, San Siro, Nou Camp, the current Anfield, even Old Trafford... all completely enclosed.

Anfield is enclosed at the moment as are the other stadiums you mentioned, but a 'cauldron ' don't think so, only for the odd C/L  / big prem game.

Anfield at the moment is living on its past with its 'great atmosphere' reputation, its the fans that make the atmosphere special, can't see glass corners at the kop end making it any worse than it is at present for the majority of our games.

Sometimes we see brilliant atmospheres created at 'little' clubs in shitty grounds with gaping gaps in between all the stands, doesn't seem to hinder the crowd much, infact they're the sort of grounds some big teams fear going to because of the very nature of them.

Most prem clubs now have managed to fill in the corners of there stadiums, don't think it's improved the atmosphere of any of them. The likes of Fulham make just as just noise when it suits them, and that's what it's all down to in my opinion....' when it suits them'

When it suits the fans, and the occasion warrrants it ( us included ) most clubs can make there atmosphere as good as they want to. Everton this season claimed one of UEFA Cup nights rivalled our C/L ones, they could be right, I wasn't there, certainly Wenger reckons Goodison is more intimidating than Anfield, and that's got a church in the corner of their ground !

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:27:01 am by Alloy »

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2008, 12:07:25 pm »
Great news that the spades will be finally going into the ground soon.

They've bee going in the ground "soon" for well over a year!
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2008, 12:24:13 pm »