Author Topic: The Impending Summer, George Gillett and Fancard Farce  (Read 37202 times)

Offline flynnyyy

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
Re: The Impending Summer, George Gillett and Fancard Farce
« Reply #120 on: June 7, 2008, 08:38:38 pm »
The share thing is a great idea but a fantasy I'm afraid. You're right in being apprehensive about DIC but what do we do? None of us have the necessary knowledge about any future owner so do we just put up with what we've got? It's a tricky situation but this may be the one time I think it may be best to say " better the devil you don't know"  :)
seconded
"We are focusing on supporting our manager"
women are totally insane, it's science.

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: June 7, 2008, 08:52:02 pm »
kiNki

Give it up. Don't ask questions. You don't want to be associated with me. ;)

Strange that DIC don't have to answer or give indications of what they plan on doing or why they haven't yet bought Gillett out. Of course it WILL be Gilletts fault even though he's had DIC's offer that Hicks had to match.

Strange that the media--and posters in here--can post DIC's initial offer back in December of 2007 when they were offering cash to buy the club. Then not 60 days later DIC were going to use loans to buy the club off of G&H.

Now of course we, as supporters, aren't allowed to even ask what DIC plan on doing. When you do it gets twisted to focus on the exisiting owners because they are bad. Trust those who tell you that, it's a "don't worry-be happy" DIC sing-a-long.

DIC were for a shared stadium. Have they ruled that out?
Nothing concrete on that with recent buyout of G&H talks. Is that where some optimism comes from the City Council and NWDA? G&H have said time and again no to groundshare.
But--don't ask. DIC don't own us so they don't have to answer.

And if DIC are to use loans and debt to buy us to the tune of 350-400 mil and then finance a new stadium for another 350 mil or more---how much difference in interest payments for them v G&H?
Don't ask, we know. Of course the hue and cry is--supporters are going to pay off all this for G&H. Loans, debt, profits, the whole lot. But not for DIC apparently. They're so flush, they don't need our money to make them a profit.

Naturally, DIC won't in a million years concern themselves with making any profit if they purchase our club. Why they'll throw money at us and we'll buy loads of players over 20 mil.

Much easier not to concern ones self with what may come down the pike. Just trust them. Trust SOS because they can have a couple good PR exercises to make G&H look bad.

Whatever you do, don't require SOS to really put forth supporters concerns about how DIC might actualy buy the club and fund a new stadium because that might put a spanner in the "supporters representative" on the board. Some caveat that so as to play nice with DIC.

Lastly, don't even ask which stadium DIC will build. The Parry Bowl they were all for originally. Or the revised G&H  unique one.  Both of those are approved. Or will DIC come up with something totally different and put the club back to planning stages and further behind when we get a new stadium.

Please don't ask SOS or DIC to communicate with supporters--it's a secret. Trust them. Just focus on getting G&H out, that's all you need to know. That's the mantra.

Could it be that DiIC/Dubai Holdings as flush as we've been told they are need supporters to cut the price down by forcing G&H to sell rather than DIC just ante up. Of course not, never happen in a million years. So flush are DIC/Dubai Holdings/ and the Sheik that they need minority investors. But please don't ponder the reasons why--trust them.

I don't know why i rise to your Bait,if you'd been told once,you've been told a thousand times,why do you carry on with your pure UNADULTERATED SHITE,your rambling on like a Demented/Jilted Teenager.

The only Reason D.I.C. haven't bought Gillett's shares, is that there not interested in owning 50% of the club,so the Quicker your Fat Headed Texan Twat mate sells up,the quicker Gillett will sell up.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #122 on: June 7, 2008, 08:56:13 pm »
The only Reason D.I.C. haven't bought Gillett's shares, is that there not interested in owning 50% of the club,so the Quicker your Fat Headed Texan Twat mate sells up,the quicker Gillett will sell up.

I know your information is good Gedo, but Gillett's behaviour to date (in private) has not been that of a man desperate to sell, but that of a man who wants every penny he can get his grubby little hands on.

There is no good guy, both Yanks need to go.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: June 7, 2008, 09:01:14 pm »
couldnt be arsed picking the bones out of the rest of that shite.

as your in the mood for quotes how about this one - those who dont learn from the past - run the risk of repeating it.

several people posted on this forum concerns about g&h prior to their takeover, several people discovered their bankruptcy, the way they do business....those who posted those concerns werent doing it for ego massages, but for genuine concern as to whether the yanks were the right 'custodians.' They were right to ask questions. It was questions we all should have been asking and demanding answers to.

we ploughed on tho, hoped for the best, hoped parry and moores would do the right deal, hoped the yanks would keep their word.

And here we are.

There's a hell of alot of nagging questions to be asked of dic or dubai holdings if gedo is right...tick follows tock.

dic already have examined the books, they will have this years financial accounts too, and surely have some idea of

a) how they will go about purchasing the club
b) financing the new stadium.

if they have made assurances to sos on either of these issues

c) why havent sos made clear that in the wings a better option to take us forward is out there.

however sos havent confirmed or denied that they've even asked the questions.
I'm not sure the individuals in sos are qualified to make such an assesment either.
and as you say there's no guarentees that dic aint telling porking pies either.

which brings us all the way back round to open/transparent/meeting and communication - laid out for us all to see so we can make an informed choice/judgement on these issues/questions.

or in short as HH quite rightly says - we should be so quick to jump into bed with whoever comes in right away.

You still don't (or pretend not to) get it do you?

You can ask all the questions you want; I have done and still do as well and I did prior to G&H arriving (though I wasn't a member here then) but what alternative is there to

a) sticking with G&H or
b) accepting new owners, however much uncertainty that involves.

Is that clear enough for you? We should ask every question we can: we might get some answers or we might not. We might like any answers we get or we might hate them. But the two alternatives we face will still be the same.

Do you really think asking searching questions to a representative of, say, DIC will make any difference whatsoever to what they may eventually do? You think they're going to change their plans because you ask them what their plans are? And what if you don't like the answers, what then? What if you misconstrue what their plans are and kick off about how terrible they'll be when in reality it won't be so bad?

Like I say, the alternatives stay the same.

The reason I mentioned ego trips is that there are some people on this forum who seem to act as if they are somehow more discerning or less deceived because they are 'asking questions' or saying 'the new owners might be as bad as the current ones'.

Don't you think we've all asked the same questions and have the same fears and the same reluctance to get shafted again? You really presume that just because a poster says 'I hope the Yanks fuck off' or 'I hope DIC manage to buy us' that they are gibbering credulous idiots who haven't thought things through, as opposed to individuals who know the risks and and potential pitfalls but also know that we are in a fucking big hole dug for us by the previous regime and there's no clear, rosy way out?

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: June 7, 2008, 09:06:32 pm »
I know your information is good Gedo, but Gillett's behaviour to date (in private) has not been that of a man desperate to sell, but that of a man who wants every penny he can get his grubby little hands on.

There is no good guy, both Yanks need to go.
Coudn't agree with you anymore,the pair of them are a pair of Pricks!

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #125 on: June 7, 2008, 09:14:42 pm »
Wow. 4pool spouting his verbal diarrhea yet again. Someone should do this lonely old man a favour and get him a life.

The only thing of merit he said was this: "You don't want to be associated with me."

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #126 on: June 7, 2008, 09:17:05 pm »
hmmm i do get it, and everyone else bar you coffeehead, seems to have got what i asking and why, sos included.

you seem to want to insult and provoke argument with me personally cos i havent in your eyes followed the 'mantra' of the previous pages.

if you want to scroll back thru my posts i tried to draw lyndsey into a discussion - not argument - about who will replace the yanks and with what effect. I posed aload of questions and have drawn people to discuss these musings.

seemingly i'm not alone as others have expressed their concerns too.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #127 on: June 7, 2008, 09:21:45 pm »
if you want to scroll back thru my posts i tried to draw lyndsey into a discussion - not argument - about who will replace the yanks and with what effect. I posed aload of questions and have drawn people to discuss these musings.

seemingly i'm not alone as others have expressed their concerns too.

No offense but why don't you start a new more specific thread instead of dragging this one whichever way you want?

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #128 on: June 7, 2008, 09:25:02 pm »
fair accusastion. i was going to but it involves effort to compose an opening thread and you actually get more views and responses on this forum.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #129 on: June 7, 2008, 09:26:52 pm »
To me it seems the pro-H&G/anti-DIC brigade are getting a little desparate now if they are using the stadium as a way argue against DIC. G&H  say no groundshare, no "parrybowl", greatest stadium ever etc..... but until they actually build something who gives a fuck what they say. They also said no debt on the club... we klnow what happened there in the end.

If DIC come in, the worst they could do is not build the stadium, load the cub with debt and not spend anything on transfers..... no wait.... thats where we are now. We basically have nothing to loose with DIC compared to where we are now, but everything to gain.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #130 on: June 7, 2008, 09:53:36 pm »
To me it seems the pro-H&G/anti-DIC brigade are getting a little desparate now if they are using the stadium as a way argue against DIC. G&H  say no groundshare, no "parrybowl", greatest stadium ever etc..... but until they actually build something who gives a fuck what they say. They also said no debt on the club... we klnow what happened there in the end.

If DIC come in, the worst they could do is not build the stadium, load the cub with debt and not spend anything on transfers..... no wait.... thats where we are now. We basically have nothing to loose with DIC compared to where we are now, but everything to gain.

true as a true thing in true town.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Drewas

• Kopite
  • Rotate on this!
« Reply #131 on: June 7, 2008, 09:54:13 pm »
Ooh a titbit!

Some journo on Talksports reckons DIC will be buying into club within a week or two.

Dont shoot me just relaying what i heard.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: June 7, 2008, 10:10:57 pm »
The crux in the matter is david moores sold our club so we could compete with the spending of man U and Chelsea but since the club was sold we have gone backwards we finished 4th FFS because they didnt stick to their part of the deal and that is the whole top and bottom of it.

If they would have kept their promise things would have been a lot different for them and us, but when they went running to DIC last November with a begging bowl to ask them to invest thats when the first cracks started to appear.

If they needed money then they need even more now that we need more players and LCC want to see what money they have to start on the stadium.

They fucked up buying our club but as the saying goes pride before a fall they dont want to admit to defeat and its like they think and believe it will all come good well it wont to much damage has been done.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline flynnyyy

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #133 on: June 7, 2008, 10:12:19 pm »
Ive just been to the cashpoint and ive not been paid yesterday which means i wont be joining you tomorrow.  I am hugely pissed off now.
"We are focusing on supporting our manager"
women are totally insane, it's science.

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: June 7, 2008, 10:12:50 pm »
hmmm i do get it, and everyone else bar you coffeehead, seems to have got what i asking and why, sos included.
So why don't you spell it out for me then? See it as an act of charity towards a poor, brainless fool like me

you seem to want to insult and provoke argument with me personally cos i havent in your eyes followed the 'mantra' of the previous pages.
What mantra's that then?

I'm actually asking you questions; what do you propose we do that isn't already being done? Apart from ask questions to thin air, that is. Don't you trust what SoS are doing?

(btw I'm in a foul mood this evening so no offence intended, ok? :wave )
« Last Edit: June 7, 2008, 10:19:18 pm by coffeehead »

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: June 7, 2008, 10:16:51 pm »
Dont argue people United we stand, divided we will fall

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: June 7, 2008, 10:21:45 pm »
Dont argue people United we stand, divided we will fall
Quite right. Copious olive branches and bevvies all round etc :wave

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #137 on: June 7, 2008, 10:24:50 pm »
So why don't you spell it out for me then? See it as an act of charity towards a poor, brainless fool like me.

::)

How about you just re-read all my posts.

In short, ive proposed we ask some telling questions to our potential suitors, other posters here agreed, sos included. 

sos have dic's ear so it wont be to thin air unless they(dic) are unwilling to answer those questions.

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #138 on: June 7, 2008, 10:27:23 pm »
Quite right. Copious olive branches and bevvies all round etc :wave

fairy nuff.

Offline zimmy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #139 on: June 7, 2008, 10:51:43 pm »
kiNki

Give it up. Don't ask questions. You don't want to be associated with me. ;)

Strange that DIC don't have to answer or give indications of what they plan on doing or why they haven't yet bought Gillette out. Of course it WILL be Gillet ts fault even though he's had DI C's offer that Hicks had to match.

Strange that the medians posters in jerrycan post DI C's initial offer back in December of 2007 when they were offering cash to buy the club. Then not 60 days later DIC were going to use loans to buy the club off of G&H.

Now of course we, as supporters, aren't allowed to even ask what DIC plan on doing. When you do it gets twisted to focus on the existing owners because they are bad. Trust those who tell you that, it's a "don't worry happy" DIC singalong.

DIC were for a shared stadium. Have they ruled that out?
Nothing concrete on that with recent buyout of G&H talks. Is that where some optimism comes from the City Council and NWDA? G&H have said time and again no to groundshare.
Buttoned ask. DIC don't own us so they don't have to answer.

And if DIC are to use loans and debt to buy us to the tune of 350-400 mil and then finance a new stadium for another 350 mil or Morrow much difference in interest payments for them v G&H?
Don't ask, we know. Of course the hue and cry is--supporters are going to pay off all this for G&H. Loans, debt, profits, the whole lot. But not for DIC apparently. They're so flush, they don't need our money to make them a profit.

Naturally, DIC won't in a million years concern themselves with making any profit if they purchase our club. Why they'll throw money at us and we'll buy loads of players over 20 mil.

Much easier not to concern ones self with what may come down the pike. Just trust them. Trust SOS because they can have a couple good PR exercises to make G&H look bad.

Whatever you do, don't require SOS to really put forth supporters concerns about how DIC might actualy buy the club and fund a new stadium because that might put a spanner in the "supporters representative" on the board. Some caveat that so as to play nice with DIC.

Lastly, don't even ask which stadium DIC will build. The Parry Bowl they were all for originally. Or the revised G&H  unique one.  Both of those are approved. Or will DIC come up with something totally different and put the club back to planning stages and further behind when we get a new stadium.

Please don't ask SOS or DIC to communicate with supporters--it's a secret. Trust them. Just focus on getting G&H out, that's all you need to know. That's the mantra.

Could it be that DiIC/Dubai Holdings as flush as we've been told they are need supporters to cut the price down by forcing G&H to sell rather than DIC just ante up. Of course not, never happen in a million years. So flush are DIC/Dubai Holdings/ and the Sheik that they need minority investors. But please don't ponder the reasons why--trust them.
[/quot

no one wants to be associated with you or your constant whingeing pro hicks drivel. every time somethings about to happen you come crawling out of your hole to worship your texan master. always a snipe at SOS, at least they are prepared to defend our club against the two cancers who would not hesitate to destroy it for a few dollars more. i will never forget your quote. i don't give a shit who owns the club. well i and many like me do. i have had many great years supporting LFC and i want to do my best to let my grandkids enjoy it in the future.

Offline *

• Friend of Obelisk.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #140 on: June 7, 2008, 10:51:54 pm »
I'm pretty sure that DIC, the sheik or whatever will be much better owners than the 2 idiots. After all they're highly reputable investors and they won't want their reputation tainted.

If they were to eventually own the club I can't see them making a decision that's so unpopular that it will lead to a protest. The guy's a Sovereign ffs! Do you think he'll wanna face worldwide ridicule for a "mere" half a billion pounds or so?

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: June 7, 2008, 10:54:46 pm »

In short, ive proposed we ask some telling questions to our potential suitors, other posters here agreed, sos included. 

[Attempts non-confrontational tone]

And I've answered that part, namely that of course we can ask questions but whatever the answers, it'll make no difference to the alternative futures possibly available to us, will it? Whether we agree or not with what, say, DIC have to say if they're going to take over they will do and there's precious little we can do about it.

So really the only question we each, individually, have to ask ourselves is do we want to retain the status quo, with the devil we know, or do we do what little we can to get G&H to sell up, even though the new owners will by necessity remain an unknown quantity.

sos have dic's ear so it wont be to thin air unless they(dic) are unwilling to answer those questions.
That was my very point; SOS are already in discussion; I trust they're asking all the right questions (though I don't hold out much hope of them getting concrete answers) so what's the point in moaning on about the need to ask questions?. In so far as it's possible it's already being done. Unless you're just annoyed SoS aren't keeping you, personally, in the loop.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #142 on: June 7, 2008, 11:00:25 pm »
I'm pretty sure that DIC, the sheik or whatever will be much better owners than the 2 idiots. After all they're highly reputable investors and they won't want their reputation tainted.

If they were to eventually own the club I can't see them making a decision that's so unpopular that it will lead to a protest. The guy's a Sovereign ffs! Do you think he'll wanna face worldwide ridicule for a "mere" half a billion pounds or so?
See thats the problem isnt it. You are 'pretty sure' and 'can't see'. Hardly the sort of confidence to make a small decision like who should own the football club is it?

But you're right, the Sheik is a 'sovereign' ffs and those sort of people never do anything wrong.... do they?

Get your pen.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline Phoenix06

• Spreads bullshit more efficiently that the world's biggest muckspreader
  • Kopite
  • I want to be No.1
« Reply #143 on: June 7, 2008, 11:02:57 pm »
Look, DIC/Dubai Holdings will both look for extra revenue streams, which means possibly ripping us off, and they'd probably keep the new fancard scheme, but lower the price.

They'll both look for extra revenue streams. I wrote a massive piece in here about what possible actions would be conducted should a Dubai takeover be successful by either DIC/Dubai Holdings/Sheikh Mohammed. Either way, Sameer Al Ansari will be a pivotal role in the future of the club and will have a massive impact on it.

I'll try and find it and paste it in, and see what you think.
Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum will own Liverpool FC.

He gets what he wants, and he'll do it the dirty way if he has to.

Offline Phoenix06

• Kopite
  • I want to be No.1
« Reply #144 on: June 7, 2008, 11:09:10 pm »
This is what I posted:

The day the ownership changes hands from George Gillett AND Tom Hicks to Arab ownership, whether it be Dubai International Capital, Dubai Holdings, or preferably Sheikh Mohammed is the day when I will run naked through my street, but more seriously, I've made jokes about wishing that a wealthy Arab who is a Liverpool fan would own us and teach Abramovich a lesson, as well as Man Utd.

Then in December, it kind of happened, but it was taken away, and it hurt. Now, I know full well that they will spend wisely, and not splash out £15m on every player we want, but they will make us respected and great, spending what is NEEDED, not what is WANTED.

So we could feel comfortable knowing that, as in January, the club needed £7m on a centre halve to give us that desperately needed cover, that would easily be provided. But £17m on Javier Mascherano would need justification, so Rafael Benitez would provide that.

However, £20m on Daniel Alves would need massive reasoning, which would make anything unlikely to happen, so you see what I mean.

If Gillett AND Hicks sell up, then be prepared for the biggest dressing down of the club you've ever seen. It'll be like seeing a police raid, except it will be accountants, and recruitment consultants interviewing a lot of people. It would be nothing short of remarkable. And this would be ordered by Sameer Al Ansari AND Sheikh Mohammed. Every revenue stream will be examined, and new revenue streams will be opened, as Gillett and Hicks have recently demonstrated via the new fancard scheme. Of course prices may be lowered, but everything would be sought to make some sort of profit that is useful. However, due to the expertise of Dubai and their financial knowhow, the recent economic status in Britain would affect their pricing domestically, but they would alter prices depending on where you are in the world. They are very clever, and this would be relayed to the commercial departments.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of top executives in top businesses being interviewed for the job of Chief Executive. Al Ansari, Sheikh Mohammed, and the CEO of Dubai Holdings know that Liverpool has that potential to surpass Man Utd in 10-20 years as the best club in the world through number of fans, merchandising and advertising. That's why a top leader is needed, but they must have knowledge of sport.  Sameer Al Ansari would definitely be a director. I really don't know about Amanda Staveley, but she would definitely have a role to play.

There would probably be 5-8 directors in total, with Sameer Al Ansari, Sheikh Mohammed, and the CEO of Dubai Holdings being three of them. The others would probably be made up of CEO's from leading Dubai organisations, even the CEO of Zabeel Investments, who is a massive Liverpool fan. Of course it's important to note the recent interview by Zabeel Investments, but the CEO would probably take up an executive role along with Sheikh Mohammed's son who would become the new ruler of Dubai (his investment arm is Zabeel Investments. It's like a mini Dubai International Capital).

The commercial department EXCLUDING Ian Ayres would probably be kept, and some great stuff about the largest store in Europe shows good progress, but they'll know that Ayres is just a bitch, and they might sack that Paul Nash which Hicks mentioned, just because he probably sucks Hicks off too. They would look for a leading person in commercial sporting activity, and employ this person to work with the people already there, and hire what he/she needs to completely revolutionise the commercial areas.

If they are true to what they said and hold Benitez in high regard, they'll probably ask him, Sammy Lee, Gary Abblet and Piet Hamburg to attend a meeting where they will pitch their ideas and blueprints for success, in which they would all be asked to come up with anything that they need, money not being an issue. They'll want the infrastructure of the club to be perfect.

Next, the stadium. They wouldn't give a toss about the grants. They'd just say that they'll cough up for all the redevelopment work for Anfield and the worse off areas, but they would want the stadium to be great. I think it's Jamuriah, that they'd get to design a unique ground. They could even transform Stanley Park into a mini Liverpool FC city with the stadium being like the Holy Grail.

Whichever Dubai bidder succeeds in owning the WHOLE CLUB IF IT HAPPENS would undergo this operation.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2008, 11:13:09 pm by Phoenix06 »

Offline zimmy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #145 on: June 7, 2008, 11:14:30 pm »
fair accusastion. i was going to but it involves effort to compose an opening thread and you actually get more views and responses on this forum.

well you seem to be putting a lot of effort and verbal SHIT into this thread. with little or no substance seems to me like i am reading the YNWA forum with the same two or three whingers who like you are only interested in questioning DICs ability to finance the debt and rubbishing SOS. I saw one quote that said the only reason why SOS are doing it was to get there mugs on TV, UNFUCKIN BELIEVABLE COMMENT.

Helly

« Reply #146 on: June 7, 2008, 11:23:10 pm »
well you seem to be putting a lot of effort and verbal SHIT into this thread. with little or no substance seems to me like i am reading the YNWA forum with the same two or three whingers who like you are only interested in questioning DICs ability to finance the debt and rubbishing SOS. I saw one quote that said the only reason why SOS are doing it was to get there mugs on TV, UNFUCKIN BELIEVABLE COMMENT.

You wont be getting me near a TV!

SOS are not getting in bed with anyone.  It makes no difference who owns the club.  They will be held to account in the same way as the poisoned dwarf and hamburger head and if they treat the club and its fans with contempt they will get the same treatment as those two are getting.

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #147 on: June 7, 2008, 11:23:57 pm »
A simple question.

Could we possibly be any worse off under the ownership of Dubai in whatever form they choose?
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: June 7, 2008, 11:25:58 pm »
A simple question.

Could we possibly be any worse off under the ownership of Dubai in whatever form they choose?

NO!!!!!!!

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: June 7, 2008, 11:27:52 pm »

royhendo

« Reply #150 on: June 7, 2008, 11:30:41 pm »
if this has been posted before, please delete - just read it on this is anfield...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/more/2008/06/07/moores-has-struck-it-rich-89520-20598386/

Moores has struck it Rich
Brian Reade   7/06/2008

There's been much head-shaking among Liverpool fans over David Moores (left) flying Lionel Richie in to perform at his wedding anniversary bash.

But give the guy a break. If you had just seen a Bank of Texas cheque for £88million clear, you wouldn't be hiring a Paper Lace tribute band, would you?

Think of it as flying the flag for Liverpool. Thanks to the men Moores sold the club to, Rafa Benitez has to sell players to bring in any top foreign stars.

But at least the club's Honorary Life President can splash the cash to bring the odd one in. At least he can afford to keep Liverpool a global brand eh?
Advertisement

Besides, it's been obvious that Moores is a big a fan of dusky Rick Parry-lookalike, Richie. Remember last year when the DIC deal was supposed to be going through?

Sheikh Maktoum kept asking "Hello, is it me you're looking for?" how Moores told him I'm not Stuck On You, turned into a Penny Lover and spent All Night Long, Dancing On The Ceiling with a pair of cowboys. Truly.

Offline Phoenix06

• Kopite
  • I want to be No.1
« Reply #151 on: June 7, 2008, 11:30:51 pm »
NO!!!!!!!

Lyndsey, I'm a member on the .tv forum (not EST, fuck G+H, keep off my money), and there seem to be some kids on there who boasted about buying the new home shirt, yet they were complaining about us being after targets like Milner and Downing. There was one poster, who I know is an adult, who doesn't have the shirt, but fought a strong, civilised argument, and it was like "OK, fair enough", but I was wondering, could you get yourself on GD and sort some of those little 12 year olds out?

It's heartbreaking knowing that so many people just don't give a fuck about the ownership saga, and think they can't do anything. I cancelled any membership schemes I had with the club months ago, and I've even refused to wear the old club shirt due to the disgust I have at the moment. Please help me. In fact, maybe the SOS should go into local schools in Liverpool and teach them a bit about how business shouldn't be done. That would teach those jammy fuckers.

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: June 7, 2008, 11:32:07 pm »
Please, someone at SOS do the honourable thing and at least spell our new signing's name(s) correctly, its pretty lazy not to.

I hope everything goes well tomorrow and the turnout is good...

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: June 7, 2008, 11:32:42 pm »
Shared stadium ?

Why would DIC share a stadium have you seen Dubai? Have you seen DIC's portfolio? Compared to twit & twats bankrupcy and money laundering investigated by the FBi.

David Moores what have you done :butt

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #154 on: June 7, 2008, 11:33:11 pm »
coffee, first of all i agree there is a certain amount of futility to the present situation with no sign of it ceasing in the future.

we could now drag the thread off into the direction of the point of protests/boycotts of match shirts specifically given the futility of the situation but its been done and people are seemingly entrenched in their views on that score.

yes there's the question of the devil we know and its something i'd like us all to consider - hence me posing the question.

these discussion might well be an object of futilty too with nothing achieved or learnt....or perhaps opposite.

sos have had one publicised meeting with dic. What went on and was discussed wasnt revealed to the masses but apparently it went well. Great i'm all pro for dialogue.

i'm led to believe that there are several key questions that they haven't been put to dic, which can be answered without threatening to breach any confidences. I've also asked if individuals with more financial knowledge than the average joe could have the opportunity to pit some of those more telling questions as they'd perhaps be more qualified to assess the answers given.

any answers given would obviously help supporters feel like they'll know what they are fighting against or for - the devil or the deep blue sea.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #155 on: June 7, 2008, 11:36:26 pm »
Have people just ignored the points of this thread?

Let's look them through, 1 by 1:

The Summer: We're going to be outspent again, and what we spend will be funded by debt and player sales.

George Gillett: Is just as problematic as Hicks in terms of getting a sale. Does not want to sell for the profit he's currently being offered because he wants more.

Fancard farce: Everyone who wants to buy a ticket may soon hae to pay a large fee just for the privilege, increasing their funds for something we now get for free, increasing their assets allowing them to borrow more and also proving to any potential buyers that we're worth buying because our fans can be exploited without a fight, which is bound to attract other undesirable 'investment'.

The Summer - Should be key in pushing on towards number 19, and isn't being properly funded, while Rafa is under increasing pressure to land the league. THIS IS HUGE.

Gillett - This should be HUGE to all of you who've spent ages with your Hicks the bad guy, Gillett is good cop routines. Neither of them is a good guy, they've lied to us time and time again and both are shitting on us from a great height in different ways. Yet it seems to have been buried. THIS IS HUGE.

Fancards - We're soon to be asked to pay a fee for something that is currently free. This payment we'll have to make if we ever want to go to a game will make them even more at home and even more sure that they can exploit us forever. THIS IS HUGE.

If these three HUGE things cannot shake some of you lot from your apathy then nothing will.

FUCKING WAKE UP AND SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING TO OUR CLUB.

Be there to reclaim Anfield. And WAKE UP!
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: June 7, 2008, 11:37:51 pm »
Why would DIC share a stadium have you seen Dubai? Have you seen DIC's portfolio? Compared to twit & twats bankrupcy and money laundering investigated by the FBi.

David Moores what have you done :butt
I don't know but I do you know you are vehemently opposed to the idea of a shared stadium so the question is would that be worse than what G&H are doing?

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #157 on: June 7, 2008, 11:41:44 pm »
Have people just ignored the points of this thread?

Let's look them through, 1 by 1:

The Summer: We're going to be outspent again, and what we spend will be funded by debt and player sales.

George Gillett: Is just as problematic as Hicks in terms of getting a sale. Does not want to sell for the profit he's currently being offered because he wants more.

Fancard farce: Everyone who wants to buy a ticket may soon hae to pay a large fee just for the privilege, increasing their funds for something we now get for free, increasing their assets allowing them to borrow more and also proving to any potential buyers that we're worth buying because our fans can be exploited without a fight, which is bound to attract other undesirable 'investment'.

The Summer - Should be key in pushing on towards number 19, and isn't being properly funded, while Rafa is under increasing pressure to land the league. THIS IS HUGE.

Gillett - This should be HUGE to all of you who've spent ages with your Hicks the bad guy, Gillett is good cop routines. Neither of them is a good guy, they've lied to us time and time again and both are shitting on us from a great height in different ways. Yet it seems to have been buried. THIS IS HUGE.

Fancards - We're soon to be asked to pay a fee for something that is currently free. This payment we'll have to make if we ever want to go to a game will make them even more at home and even more sure that they can exploit us forever. THIS IS HUGE.

If these three HUGE things cannot shake some of you lot from your apathy then nothing will.

FUCKING WAKE UP AND SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING TO OUR CLUB.

Be there to reclaim Anfield. And WAKE UP!

:wellin :wellin :wellin

Offline Phoenix06

• Kopite
  • I want to be No.1
« Reply #158 on: June 7, 2008, 11:42:58 pm »
HH,

I can clearly see what's happening, and I've argued with so many Liverpool fans real life who couldn't give a toss about it.

They only care what happens on the pitch, not off it, and it makes me so depressed.

Guess what? I'm going on holiday to Malaysia this year. I go every year with a mate who has relatives, and we've been close with their supporters club. They have some ties with the club.

I am going to spread the truth about George Gillett and Tom Hicks. The Malaysian Supporters Club have contact with the other Asian LFC Supporter Clubs, so maybe it's time for me to really spread the anti-G&H virus.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #159 on: June 7, 2008, 11:43:38 pm »

You go on about the need to ask questions of potential new owners like DIC.  Fair enough.  Questions need to be asked.

However such questions only need to be essential to ensure we're at least better off than we currently are, by whatever degree.

Now to justify us putting some sort of criteria on such questions in terms of evaluation, some things need to be in place.

We need to have a benchmark in terms of a 'minimum position' which DIC would need to meet and exceed.

What is that benchmark?  Or in other words, what 'positives' exist in respect of the current situation?

I genuinely can not name one.

No ground, no money, no transfers, possibility of manager and key players fucking off after getting fed up, rising ticket costs 2.5 times above inflation, two owners not able to communicate, poaching potential managers with no experience behind current managers back, allowing cnuts like Bradley at city council to raise groundshare again because of inability to secure funding for new ground, giving loaded gun to media to take the piss and laugh at us, watching the cnut fromTexas take the piss via fireside chats for sky.

In short, how could any new oners make the situation worse than it already is??