Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3510135 times)

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #46680 on: December 5, 2017, 10:10:28 pm »
End of year top 10 lists are starting to trickle in.

https://criticstop10.com/

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/film-critics-list-the-top-10-movies-of-2017?ref=hp

Surprised how well Baby Driver's started, but it'll fall back into the 30s by the end.

Get Out looks like a strong contender for top spot already though, which to be honest is surprising. It's an excellent movie, but I'm far from sure it's best of the year material. Nor for that matter do I think Dunkirk should be anywhere near the top 5.

I expect more Ladybird/Call Me By Your Name/Florida Project consolidation in the coming weeks, such that Dunkirk falls back to maybe 10th. Other stuff, like The Post, Three Billboards and The Shape of Water as they're released in more countries.

I'm also expecting mother! to be in the top 20, despite a lot of hate for it.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46681 on: December 5, 2017, 10:37:53 pm »
Blade Runner 2049 is my number 1 this year.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #46682 on: December 5, 2017, 11:07:16 pm »
Nor for that matter do I think Dunkirk should be anywhere near the top 5.
Seconded! Not seen too many new films this year but that was the worst by a long way.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #46683 on: December 6, 2017, 12:27:27 am »
What are we looking at in regards to screeners this year?

Feel like this has been a shite year for film.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46684 on: December 6, 2017, 12:29:51 am »
Seconded! Not seen too many new films this year but that was the worst by a long way.

Uh.. wouldn't go that far. It's a fine film. Just far from a great one. There have been some terrific other films this year.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46685 on: December 6, 2017, 01:33:07 am »
What are we looking at in regards to screeners this year?

Feel like this has been a shite year for film.

Hope Darkest Hour gets a release, The Shape of Water (Michael Shannon)... Slim pickings really...

If Dunkirk wins anything other than best Director or Cinematography... I'll be well surprised.
Continually on 11,420.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #46686 on: December 6, 2017, 08:31:08 am »
Hope Darkest Hour gets a release, The Shape of Water (Michael Shannon)... Slim pickings really...

If Dunkirk wins anything other than best Director or Cinematography... I'll be well surprised.

Just reading they are sending out a 4k screener of Dunkirk.

I guess you may also get films like The Post.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #46687 on: December 6, 2017, 09:48:58 am »
End of year top 10 lists are starting to trickle in.

https://criticstop10.com/

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/film-critics-list-the-top-10-movies-of-2017?ref=hp

Surprised how well Baby Driver's started, but it'll fall back into the 30s by the end.

Get Out looks like a strong contender for top spot already though, which to be honest is surprising. It's an excellent movie, but I'm far from sure it's best of the year material. Nor for that matter do I think Dunkirk should be anywhere near the top 5.

I expect more Ladybird/Call Me By Your Name/Florida Project consolidation in the coming weeks, such that Dunkirk falls back to maybe 10th. Other stuff, like The Post, Three Billboards and The Shape of Water as they're released in more countries.

I'm also expecting mother! to be in the top 20, despite a lot of hate for it.

It's been a dreadful year for films IMO. Can't remember a year I've gone to the cinema less frequently. I enjoyed Baby Driver and Get Out but they're 7/10 films for me which in most other years wouldn't live long in the memory.

Dunkirk was fairly special in its own right in fairness and to my detriment I haven't seen Blade Runner yet.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2017, 09:50:42 am by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46688 on: December 6, 2017, 10:00:11 am »
Thinking about it, Logan is probably my film of the year. And that says it all...

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #46689 on: December 6, 2017, 11:33:02 am »
Good Time is worth watching for Pattinson's performance alone. Possibly the best thing about the film. I read he's made a conscious decision to shoot some Indie films. That's one way to remove the stench of Twilight.  :P

Shot in a 'raw' way, indicative of the lead character's life, with lots of close up shots ( that I admittedly found a bit bothersome from some point on). Brotherly love is fine of course but is it worth it when it's excessive and more importantly causes more damage than good?

Spoiler
Everyone that Connie interacted with in the film, suffered to some degree.
[close]

Appreciated in one or two occasions the carefully injected and well masked comic relief.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #46690 on: December 6, 2017, 11:38:57 am »
Uh.. wouldn't go that far. It's a fine film. Just far from a great one. There have been some terrific other films this year.

You forgot to mention your dislike for Zimmer ;D
:D

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #46691 on: December 6, 2017, 12:06:22 pm »
I'd struggle to make a top ten list this year that i cared about.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46692 on: December 6, 2017, 12:22:57 pm »
Thinking about it, Logan is probably my film of the year. And that says it all...

There have been loads of good films.

I suspect it's more likely the case that people just haven't turned out for the movies like they have in previous years. It's become almost a cliche to say it's been a bad year for films. Every year people say the same thing, but I think as often as not, people don't give films enough of a chance to really say.

It's been a dreadful year for films IMO. Can't remember a year I've gone to the cinema less frequently.

This says it all really. If you haven't been to the cinema that often, how can you say it wasn't a good year for films?

That said, I feel like I've gone out to see way more movies than I do in an average year... and I feel really rewarded for having done so.

Movies I've liked this year:

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - Martin McDonagh's best movie
mother! - Darren Aronofsky's best movie since maybe Requiem for a Dream
I Am Not Your Negro - A terrific companion to some recent documentaries, like 13th, and Ta-Nehisi Coates's Between the World and Me, for better understanding race in America
Wind River - Possibly Taylor Sheridan's best movie.. toss up with Hell or High Water
Logan - Best superhero movie since The Dark Knight
Blade Runner 2049 - One of the scifi movies in ages
On Body and Soul - A tremendous romance that sadly very few will see
Get Out - a horror movie with a real shout at the Oscars, because it's so good
The Big Sick - A fantastic romantic comedy with a Muslim man as the male lead opposite a white woman as his leading lady
Ingrid Goes West
John Wick 2
Dunkirk
Lady Macbeth
Baby Driver
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Thor: Ragnarok
Foxtrot
Happy End
The Party
In the Fade
Okja
Kedi
Abacus: Small Enough to Jail - An excellent small scale GFC documentary
Columbus
The Meyerowitz Stories - Noah Baumbach's best work

And after this, there are still loads (for me) to look forward to:

Call Me By Your Name
The Shape of Water
Loveless
The Florida Project
Coco
Downsizing
The Square
The Blackcoat's Daughter
EX LIBRIS – The New York Public Library
Faces Places
Mudbound
Logan Lucky
The Death of Stalin
Lady Bird
Darkest Hour
Phantom Thread
Good Time
Personal Shopper
Molly's Game
Detroit
The Disaster Artist
Borg vs McEnroe
The Last Jedi
The Post
The Little Hours
Marjorie Prime

And then there are other films which I didn't personally love, but others have enjoyed like:

The Killing of a Sacred Deer
The Third Murder
The Beguiled
Risk
A Ghost Story
IT
It Comes at Night

You forgot to mention your dislike for Zimmer ;D

I don't dislike Zimmer. I just think he's lost his marbles ;D
« Last Edit: December 6, 2017, 12:45:45 pm by Redcap »

Online Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #46693 on: December 6, 2017, 01:23:58 pm »
The Flordia Project is fantastic. Get Out probably the best cinema experience, but The Flordia Project is a wonderfully crafted movie full of respect, joy and sadness. Brooklynn Prince is out of this world special.

Everyone should make an effort to see it.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #46694 on: December 6, 2017, 04:20:22 pm »
Mother! 2017 720p WEB-DL H264 AC3-EVO

On IPT

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46695 on: December 7, 2017, 01:24:59 am »

It won't (or shouldn't) win either of those either. Not when Blade Runner 2049 existed in the same year and the job Villeneuve and Deakins did with that.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #46696 on: December 7, 2017, 07:52:45 am »
Watched Dunkirk last night it was an ok film I was expecting more from it so was left feeling disappointed.

Dont think it put acoss the choas and bloodshed that well.

It had one of the worse special effects I have seen in a film for ages the close up of the spitfire with dunkirk beach behind it or maybe that was down to how much Rum I had drunk at the time.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2017, 08:07:00 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46697 on: December 7, 2017, 08:49:02 am »
Mudbound

Hey mate, this is on Australian Netflix and is quite good.
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46698 on: December 7, 2017, 10:22:33 am »
It's become almost a cliche to say it's been a bad year for films. Every year people say the same thing, but I think as often as not, people don't give films enough of a chance to really say.

I know they do. But this year it's actually true.

You could make a list of decent films like that every single year. I think the Oscar nominations will be quite telling in illustrating how poor - comparatively - this year has been.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2017, 10:24:10 am by LallanaInPyjamas »

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46699 on: December 7, 2017, 10:26:59 am »
I watched Wind River the other night.

Really enjoyed it, don't get the time to watch many films in one sitting any more so was perhaps all the more impressed by the fact that I got all the way through it ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46700 on: December 7, 2017, 10:43:32 am »
Watched mother! last night, much like Requiem for a Dream I enjoyed it but will likely never watch it again.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46701 on: December 7, 2017, 08:14:27 pm »
I know they do. But this year it's actually true.

You could make a list of decent films like that every single year. I think the Oscar nominations will be quite telling in illustrating how poor - comparatively - this year has been.

Well, tell me the movies you've seen then? Because you've actually said yourself you haven't been to the cinema that often. I can tell you I have and there have been lots of good films. What were the stand outs this time last year?

You can't really say it's been a poor year for movies unless you've seen some movies, no?

I wager by this time last year, you'd seen maybe Arrival and 10 Cloverfield Lane that blew your mind. Because most of the best stuff didn't come out until December. As it is every year.

Re: the Oscar nominees, I think I can tell you what they'll be now, without having even seen most of them:

Call Me By Your Name
Dunkirk
The Post
Darkest Hour
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Get Out
Blade Runner 2049
Phantom Thread
The Shape of Water
Lady Bird
The Florida Project

Three of the last four will probably miss out.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2017, 11:47:18 pm by Redcap »

Offline Brooklyn

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46702 on: December 7, 2017, 11:24:03 pm »
The Flordia Project is fantastic. Get Out probably the best cinema experience, but The Flordia Project is a wonderfully crafted movie full of respect, joy and sadness. Brooklynn Prince is out of this world special.

Everyone should make an effort to see it.
Definitely one of the most special films I've seen in a while.

Also, I actually think this is shaping up to be a particularly strong Oscar cycle. I loved The Florida Project, Three Billboards, Lady Bird, Get Out, Good Time, Blade Runner, etc. And am very much looking forward to Call Me By Your Name, The Post, Phantom Thread and The Shape of Water.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2017, 11:27:35 pm by Brooklyn »

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #46703 on: December 8, 2017, 07:50:27 am »
I meant it was the worst of what I've personally seen this year. There was one specific scene which ruined it for me...

Spoiler
It was that scene where Ken Branagh looks through his binoculars, asked the question "What do you see?" and answers with "Home!" as the string section goes into full cheese and Nolan uses a cliche crane shot to show the 'Good 'ol jolly Brits coming in their own boats to jolly well save the day - hooray for the English' with one boat even named Britannia (or Britannica). That moment absolutely ruined the whole film for me, and I felt really uncomfortable watching the rest of the film and left me mumbling and grumbling as I left the cinema. No wonder Nigel Frottage thought it was one of the best films ever...
[close]
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46704 on: December 8, 2017, 12:42:02 pm »
I wager by this time last year, you'd seen maybe Arrival and 10 Cloverfield Lane that blew your mind. Because most of the best stuff didn't come out until December. As it is every year.

That's fair, I probably am jumping the gun a bit even if I'd maybe add Nocturnal Animals, Captain Fantastic and Hell or No High Water to those two. Think they all came out in the autumn here.

We'll talk again in February or March  :)

(I don't think last year was particularly strong either fwiw.)
« Last Edit: December 8, 2017, 12:45:56 pm by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46705 on: December 8, 2017, 05:40:14 pm »
Bullet Head - wowsers!

Went ahead and watched it on a whim and am so glad that I did it that way - far too easy nowadays to get a bit bogged down by online reviews and then not enjoying a film by consensus or ratings. Or even going on IMDB and getting a flavour of the genre - I love it when you can't tell the genre of a film. Adrien Brody, Rory Culkin, John Malkovich actually really pay-off in it and at first glance, it seems like a cash-in film... but there's actually a great underlying character study at play in this film and it draws great allusions into nature vs nurture... (well I think anyway).

Anyone who hasn't heard of it should do the same - one of the best films I've seen for beards.

Loved it - one that the missus may love too.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46706 on: December 8, 2017, 08:09:58 pm »
Bullet Head - wowsers!

Went ahead and watched it on a whim and am so glad that I did it that way - far too easy nowadays to get a bit bogged down by online reviews and then not enjoying a film by consensus or ratings. Or even going on IMDB and getting a flavour of the genre - I love it when you can't tell the genre of a film. Adrien Brody, Rory Culkin, John Malkovich actually really pay-off in it and at first glance, it seems like a cash-in film... but there's actually a great underlying character study at play in this film and it draws great allusions into nature vs nurture... (well I think anyway).

Anyone who hasn't heard of it should do the same - one of the best films I've seen for beards.

Loved it - one that the missus may love too.
That the one with Antonio Banderas in it? Seen the trailer a while ago. Looked decent enough, but it did come across as jumping on the whole middle-aged one man army bandwagon thing that Liam Neeson started with Taken and still hasn't ground to a halt yet.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46707 on: December 8, 2017, 11:58:56 pm »
That the one with Antonio Banderas in it? Seen the trailer a while ago. Looked decent enough, but it did come across as jumping on the whole middle-aged one man army bandwagon thing that Liam Neeson started with Taken and still hasn't ground to a halt yet.

Nah man, just watch it - dive in with it - great little flick, honest.

Bullet Head 2017 OL
Continually on 11,420.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46708 on: December 9, 2017, 12:31:56 am »
Nah man, just watch it - dive in with it - great little flick, honest.

Bullet Head 2017 OL

Cheers for the link

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46709 on: December 9, 2017, 04:31:07 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aj8mN_7Apcw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aj8mN_7Apcw</a>

I remember thinking this could be good hearing Cameron was in charge of it a few years ago,  but after seeing that trailer, and those eyes... :butt :duh

Yo, Hollywood - CAST JAPANESE ACTORS!. Wankers.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #46710 on: December 9, 2017, 11:14:34 am »
I watched Life with the missus yesterday.

The premise is that a newer version of the International Space Station (ISS) is in orbit around the Earth. It has a crew of scientists that are awaiting a probes return from Mars which has run into some problems being hit by a stray meteor shower. They manage to move the Station to intercept with the robotic arm and get the samples from the probe safely onboard. As they are analysing the samples they discover an intert life form and spend their time attempting to reanimate it.

Spoiler

It doesn't take long for them to manage this and they discover a single-cell organism which they feed gases and nutrients to and before long they have a little creature that behaves pretty much like the starfish from 'Finding Nemo' - quite cute and curious and largely chilled out.

The 'expert' on board (A British guy that would otherwise be stranded in a wheelchair) turns out to be a bit of a knob and forgets that he's a very well paid scientists on board the ISS. He's supposed to be super intelligent and is told that 'he's the only person on Earth that can do what he does' but he promptly forgets to seal something which leads to the onboard odd-job-fella to have to seal a seal with a spanner.

The crew aren't really arsed about the now seemingly dead/dormant life form as it's a bit creepy although the British guy loves it (It's now been named Calvin by an American school).

The 'intelligent British Guy' decides it would be a 'good idea' to prod it with an electric charge which is when the fun begins. He gets his hand crushed and passes out. In the meantime Calvin engineers an escape from his cell and promptly murders the science projects rat. The odd-job fella decides to rescue the British guy and predictably ends up getting killed.

The next bit of the film is largely stupid with stupid people making stupid decisions and dying in stupid ways. For instance, the captain goes outside, gets clobbered by the escaped alien, does her best to get back in and then decides not to get back in - because she's got a massive alien on her that would kill the crew. The crew go from stupid to moronic to Howard Webb. They are aware that they have a hungry, angry alien on board and pretty much ignore it skulking around for most of the film.

Earth sends out a capsule when contact is lost (The alien really enjoys scoffing coolant) to push the new ISS into deep space.

This is where things get really stupid. The Japanese propulsion expert opens the capsule door (thinking it's an escape) pretty much clambering over the now dead British guy who is spewing blood everywhere (And an angry Calvin) and dooms the crew to crushing/absorbant death. He then tries to run away and then gives his life in a futile attempt to - look. I don't know any more - they guy has a death wish. Who would climb over the floating blood spewing body of... ah.. OK. Well. Never mind.

The two last people alive think that an amazing idea would be for one to leg it in a space pod back to earth while the other one (Donny Darko) decides he'll lure the alien in and pilot the pod into deep space.

Probably the only twist of the film happens here, so I won't mention it.

Good effects. Surprisingly cute little alien and then not-so-cute angrier bigger alien later on.

Would it have been chilled out if the British guy hadn't killed it then zapped it? Who knows. I expect a part two to follow. But if it does and humanity is as stupid as these dickheads they had in the Space Station then Earth is fucked.

[close]
« Last Edit: December 9, 2017, 11:16:11 am by Andy @ Allerton »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #46711 on: December 9, 2017, 12:11:31 pm »
Mother!... Started off ok, didn't know what to expect, then all of a sudden it starts bashing you over the head with religious symbolism, and turns into a pretentious pile of absolute wank. Very, very well acted and that, but ultimately disappointing, and a bit annoying.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46712 on: December 9, 2017, 12:44:29 pm »
I watched Life with the missus yesterday. [...]

Started this god knows how long ago, still haven't finished it... not sure I ever will.

As you say
Spoiler
The sheer amount of stupidity was just too much for me. I couldn't take it. How on earth this lot ever qualified to work on a space station, I'll never understand. Dread to think how dumb the rest of us down here must be... Back-to-back record-breaking stupidity.
[close]
« Last Edit: December 9, 2017, 12:46:43 pm by Ycuzz »
@Yvanicuzz

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46713 on: December 9, 2017, 02:33:13 pm »
Started this god knows how long ago, still haven't finished it... not sure I ever will.

As you say
Spoiler
The sheer amount of stupidity was just too much for me. I couldn't take it. How on earth this lot ever qualified to work on a space station, I'll never understand. Dread to think how dumb the rest of us down here must be... Back-to-back record-breaking stupidity.
[close]

I watched it in the cinema after a few drinks.  It was fun that way, laughing at the sheer stupidity. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46714 on: December 9, 2017, 02:44:31 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aj8mN_7Apcw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aj8mN_7Apcw</a>

I remember thinking this could be good hearing Cameron was in charge of it a few years ago,  but after seeing that trailer, and those eyes... :butt :duh

Yo, Hollywood - CAST JAPANESE ACTORS!. Wankers.

Been saying to my mates for months that they've started doing this on films - he reckoned it'd be too much hard work, but have noticed it, with hilarious results, on more than one film.

Not as big as that like...
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #46715 on: December 9, 2017, 03:58:34 pm »
Looking at the listings for best Movies of 2017 I've not seen many Movies this year.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46716 on: December 10, 2017, 05:37:56 pm »
Kingsman 2 was as bad as the original was good
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46717 on: December 10, 2017, 06:23:46 pm »
Kingsman 2 was as bad as the original was good

It was . How could they fuck up a follow up film so spectacularly ?
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46718 on: December 10, 2017, 06:58:25 pm »

I have no idea. More of the same was all that was needed!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46719 on: December 10, 2017, 08:07:47 pm »

Same happened with Kick Ass - in fact, the two films are so similar, it's like they are cousins. The fact that it went very US-centric is a testament as to how well it was received in the US.

There will undoubtedly be another shit one... and then it'll get rebooted in ten years...

Continually on 11,420.