Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Can someone tell me where to find that wonderful timeline of City's stalling of the entire process?
It was recently shared here.

https://twitter.com/SwedishRumble/status/1790515075561783672
Remember their "Are you watching Merseyside " chant? LOL

Even when they did anything,  it was still about Liverpool.

We threw Are you watching Manchester at them in the 80's
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Scottymuser on Today at 03:07:45 pm »
He has lost two players that play alongside him for years that were on his level. There was a pass in the second half with the outside of his boot that set up Gakpo basically in front of goal and he didn't do much with it. Bobby would have buried it. There's been many instances of that this season where Mo's numbers would have been better had better passes been made to him or if more chances he set up were put away.

That's no sleight on the others to say they are not at the level of two of the best players to play for us in Firmino and Mane, but their quality hasn't been replaced with Jota the only one who comes close (if not on par). It's a shame he has missed so much of the season.

I hope Salah extends. He's the only real superstar quality we have up front, and we really need to add more.

Bobby was not a prolific goal scorer.  He often under-performed his xG - 4 of the 6 seasons fbref have xG data on he did; as did Mane who also underperformed in 4 of his 6 seasons.  Salah was always the main goal scorer.  Nunez, from a goals + assists standpoint, *IS* 100% "to the same standard" in terms of numbers - 2047 mins, 11 goals and 8 assists, so one every 108 mins.  Mane has *never* was that good - his best season was 18 goals and 7 assists from 2747 mins, or one every 110; and averaged one every 134 mins.  Firmino averaged one every 140 mins, with only one season better than one every 110 (his freakish last season, with 11 goals and 4 assists, at one every 81).

Mane obviously played less centrally, and tracked back supporting Robbo brilliantly (I think Nunez has shown this season a decent improvement in this) and Bobby was more creative and stitched play together better than anyone obviously.  But it is simply untrue to say that, from an attacking standpoint, that they were both a level "better" than Nunez, at least from objective statistics.
Just watched this and I have to say it's impressive.  Of course, it's a skewed, selected view of his career there, but honestly, you could remove Slot from that footage and replace him with Klopp and none of it would look out of place.  Passionate fans in love with the manager, Slot hugging his players in success and failure, chanting the name and connecting with the city....   

I like what I see from our new Dad.

I think so too. I didn't know anything of Arne before the Liverpool negotiations but what's most encouraging is Feyenoord's supporters adore him.

They have a traditional working class support base that emphasises collectivism with leftist leanings similar to Liverpool, and they don't readily offer devotion to their managers in the way they do with Slot. They know their stuff do Feyenoord fans.

The fact Slot is idolised by them and that club in particular is a good sign of the man's character and nature.
Can someone tell me where to find that wonderful timeline of City's stalling of the entire process?
It was recently shared here.
Fuckin hell. Nunez being compared to Firmino and Suarez was ridiculous enough but now being compared to Kenny. Behave.

It isn't about comparing them as players. It was just dispelling the notion that the only way to judge centre forwards is on the number of goals they scored.
The Boozer / Re: The small things in life that really hannoy
« Last post by rob1966 on Today at 03:05:36 pm »
Crying faced c*nts like this.  If you don't like aircraft noise, don't buy a house near a fucking airport :no

18 May 2024
A resident living near an airport has complained to the government over "extreme distress" from the regular testing of a Cold War bomber plane.

David Smith, 62, has written to Transport Secretary Mike Harper, urging him to help halt periodic testing of the military plane’s engines near Southend Airport.

Mr Smith claimed the sound caused "extreme distress and suffering" to those living in the area.

The Vulcan Restoration Trust has declined to comment on the complaint, but independent councillor Martin Terry branded it as "way over the top".

The trust has been looking after the Vulcan XL426 bomber since 1993 and hosts regular open days where residents can view the plane.

Testing was carried out for approximately 45 minutes on 10 May, the Local Democracy Reporting Service said.

Mr Smith said: "The violence of the noise that comes from the Vulcan is especially damaging and that’s what we need to stop.

"If they want to keep it as a museum piece, that’s fine, but it’s the noise it creates that does the damage."

Mr Terry said: "It’s a heritage asset that a lot of people enjoy. The community enjoys their open days. The airport has been there for a century.

"I think it’s rather small-minded. There has to be some sort of compromise.

"When they run it up, it is noisy but it’s an airport."

A spokesperson for Southend Airport said: "Mr Smith is a member of our Community Noise Forum (LSACNF) and we encourage him to raise these queries directly within the forum itself."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c51133471m8o
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by Agent99 on Today at 02:59:27 pm »
Did Odergaard get some good pictures yesterday?
No mate but it was lovely and sunny so Ben White got a nice top up.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by JRed on Today at 02:58:28 pm »
It's not about spending what we've saved up. We are spending what we can afford to with today's finances.

Part of Josh Kronke's statement from before the game yesterday.

"While we are undoubtedly proud of the progress we have made, I want to be clear that no one at the club will stand still. However things finish today, we’re all working behind the scenes to move us forward – always forward – again.

There is so much that we want to achieve, both at home and in Europe, and we are focused on writing some exciting new stories and chapters that build on the history of Arsenal Football Club."
So you think Arsenal will continue spending the obscene amounts they have done over the last few years?
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Scottymuser on Today at 02:57:59 pm »
I also wouldnt mind if he stays. He's not as good as he used to be, but he hasnt fallen off a cliff like Henderson or Fabinho.

13 non-penalty goals, and 10 assists, from 2534 mins is still a goal or assist every 110 mins.   That is still world class, and top 5-10 in the league easily
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10