Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
The Boozer / Re: Biscuits
« Last post by Draex on Today at 09:05:59 am »
trouble with them Leibniz biscuits is they're basically a rich tea with really nice chocolate.

So the trick for me is to bite one, snap it in half then eat the entire biscuit in one go washed down with a glug of ice cold milk.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by zero zero on Today at 09:05:24 am »
We disagree massively on this one, its not a legitimate sporting competition so points differences with the cheats and having it in your hands at some stage dont come into it for me.
Was it a legitimate sporting competition when we won the league?
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Joël Matip (Job Joël André Matip)
« Last post by Draex on Today at 09:04:39 am »
A pillar of our success and a brilliant person as well. Thanks Joel.
Opinion / Re: Jurgen: thank you from RAWK
« Last post by Draex on Today at 09:03:12 am »
I now understand intensity is our identity isn't just about what happens on the field but everything that encompasses our club, it's been an intense 9 years, no quarter given, every game with meaning.. I understand why he needs a break, to rebuild the club from where it was, on and off the field, took a very special person, someone who you see once in your lifetime, some on here you lucky bastards, saw it twice with Shanks.

Players love you, we love you, your humilty, confidence and energy fit our club like a glove. It's been said a thousand times this week, turning doubters into believers but I'd argue it went further than that, under this great man we now demand the greatness he built on his big german shoulders. Every game we walk into it expecting we should win, not through unplaced arrogance but from a place that we go again, and again and push ourselves to do the impossible.

I personally don't care about trophy counts or what anyone outside of our club thinks, for me it's about the feeling deep inside my heart that will never go from what you helped us all achieve and for that I'd like to say is thank you, you've given me some of my greatest life experiences, from Barca to West Brom and more, what a ride.

I look forward to regaling tales of the teams you built and their brilliance to my kids and also, knowing the deep foundations you've built, they can experience their own as we enter a new dawn.

Again, danke schon Jurgen.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/18/billionaires-and-banter-wars-modern-footballs-script-is-stuck-in-a-loop

The most ridiculous football writer around does a piece about how the sport is getting ruined by billionaires and states, and the one time he mentions Man City it's to praise how good they are. Fuck off you massive coward.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jurgen Klopp For Ever
« Last post by Draex on Today at 09:00:56 am »
Lovely Yorkie.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by JRed on Today at 09:00:46 am »
This is cut and paste every year.

And no. Arsenal have not peaked at all. Key players all 25 or under, and we will have another window cycling out fringe players and loading up the squd again. Were not even close to peaking.
And still end up with fuck all.
Arsenal are definitely not guaranteed top 4. It would be nice if they missed out, if only to bring their insufferable fans down a peg or two. Imagine being that smug and gloating before you’ve actually won anything. It’s weird.
General Football and Sport / Re: Skybet Championship Thread
« Last post by Fromola on Today at 08:59:43 am »
leeds the favourites for me

lot more quality in there side

Should be a good game that.

They're not ready for the Prem but Southampton are an entertaining side. I liked the way they setup at Anfield, pressed high and played out from the back to bypass our own press. Still lost to our kids though.

Whichever 3 come up with be good to watch but would need to do far better than Burnley in the transfer market and their style of play has been easily picked off all season without having the talent advantage that they did in The Championship.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Men in Suits behind the scenes
« Last post by Fromola on Today at 08:57:47 am »
1000% this but worse case scenario if they could somehow get automated offside decisions within seconds and just leave it at that I could live with that level of distribution just about.

Yeah, the semi-automated ones are a bit of a fudge and still take far too long. Also the tech doesn't deal with all the nuances of interfering with play, phases of play and obstructions with offsides (i.e. the cup final one) so you're still at the mercy of dickheads behind a screen anyway.
What about all those losses? Not a factor?

No unless they made us finish below Liverpool, the next legitimate club in the table.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10