Author Topic: Tribute to a true supporter 'Ann of Anfield'  (Read 10795 times)

Offline Mecca Kenny 77

• Main Stander
Tribute to a true supporter 'Ann of Anfield'
« on: January 30, 2010, 11:32:55 am »
A sad news to the passing of a legendary supporter

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/tributes-paid-to-ann-of-anfield

Offline Turbit

• Main Stander
  • perch me.
Re: Tribute to a true supporter 'Ann of Anfield'
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 11:49:45 am »
I've been a member of this forum for 6 or 7 years. I don't post much but love to read other peoples opinions. However, I feel compelled to post now.

Ann YNWA. It is your like that make me so proud to be a red.

You will be sorely missed.

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 11:55:43 am »
Condolences to her family over this sad loss.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 12:04:03 pm »
A sad loss of a real LFC legend.

RIP.

YNWA.
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 12:56:43 pm »
What a wonderful story of a true red, RIP Ann YNWA
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 01:08:44 pm »
RIP YNWA
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
  • Rush scored 1, Rush scored 2,...
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 01:27:09 pm »
RIP YNWA

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 07:09:10 pm »
RIP Ann a true supporter missed 20 games in 40 years supporting our club remarkable
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 07:09:35 pm »
"Ann North was known as 'Ann of Anfield' after missing just 20 games in 40 years - and she saw all seven European Cup finals."

Wow.

RIP.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 07:16:59 pm »
RIP Ann
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 07:35:06 pm »
What can you say? Remarkable lady... :scarf

RIP. YNWA

A period of silence or applause at the derby next week?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 08:08:42 pm by kopite.keith »
When in Rome...

Offline Avensis

• Kemlynite
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 07:51:30 pm »
Possibly one of the the most remarkable stories of total dedication to our great club I've ever heard. She deserves to be remembered.
'By the grace of God born Red'

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 08:11:19 pm »
Wow, brought a tear to my eye that.

Rest in Peace Ann.
choose Life.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 1, 2010, 09:14:40 pm »
what supporting this great club of ours is all about!!
Rest in peace Ann. Y.N.W.A.

Offline graffspider

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: February 3, 2010, 01:31:39 pm »
RIP a remarkable lady. YNWA Ann.

Offline wednesday25052005

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #15 on: February 3, 2010, 01:45:12 pm »
Rest In Peace 'Ann of Anfield'

Condolences to the family

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 3, 2010, 06:12:32 pm »
Rest In Peace Ann, the truest of Reds you can get

Condolences to your family, but plenty of reasons to celebrate a magnificent life.

You'll Never Walk Alone
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline gomez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 3, 2010, 07:02:32 pm »
R.I.P Ann North. You'll Never Walk Alone.

Offline Linton

• Kopite
« Reply #18 on: February 3, 2010, 08:00:07 pm »
RIP

Offline Hulting

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 3, 2010, 08:57:17 pm »
RIP Ann
YNWA

Offline bootroom boy

• Kopite
« Reply #20 on: February 3, 2010, 11:32:26 pm »
RIP Ann
Your life typified what this club means to us.
I'm sure you'll have no problem passing through those pearly gates girl but if you need a ticket Shanks will be there to provide you with one.
YNWA

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #21 on: February 6, 2010, 09:53:21 pm »
RIP Ann YNWA
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #22 on: February 6, 2010, 10:10:07 pm »
RIP Ann, YNWA

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #23 on: February 6, 2010, 10:18:10 pm »

RIP YNWA

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 7, 2010, 01:28:26 am »
All the way from Grimsby and only 20 games missed in 40 years?

Says it all really.....Queen of the Oot's.

The club should make a permanent gesture to ladies like Ann.
Maybe a role of honour......something to acknowledge a lifetime of real support.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #25 on: February 7, 2010, 09:59:47 am »
All the way from Grimsby and only 20 games missed in 40 years?

Says it all really.....Queen of the Oot's.

The club should make a permanent gesture to ladies like Ann.
Maybe a role of honour......something to acknowledge a lifetime of real support.

well thought idea, people like Ann deserve to be remembered.

RIP
YNWA
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline Gem

• Main Stander
  • The King Returns
« Reply #26 on: February 7, 2010, 10:39:51 am »
RIP

YNWA
'For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball'

Offline rutlandred

• Kopite
  • SOS
« Reply #27 on: February 9, 2010, 12:16:02 pm »
Sad story about a wonderful Red..

You'll Never Walk Alone Ann

RIP

Offline Jaylar8

• Boys Pen
« Reply #28 on: March 3, 2010, 08:27:59 pm »
Condolences to her family.

RIP Ann

Offline Chris Mullin

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #29 on: March 4, 2010, 12:37:02 pm »
Well, maybe not an entirely sad story......"donīt cry because itīs over, smile because it happened" and all that.

RIP Ann

YNWA
« Last Edit: March 5, 2010, 05:57:10 pm by Chris Mullin »
The only way Lebron will ever get close to a ring is if he shakes Kobeīs hand.........

Offline justarslan

• Legacy Fan
  • Join Spirit Of Shankly!
    • Spirit Of Shankly
« Reply #30 on: March 5, 2010, 08:26:56 am »
RIP YNWA
I want to hold my hands up and apologise to Rafa.
Give me the cold steel of the European Cup over a warm smile any day.

Offline charlie farley

• UGGly Feet
  • Kopite
« Reply #31 on: March 5, 2010, 08:38:34 am »
What a supporter!

RIP Ann.

YNWA
Suarez is going to nutmeg the fuck out of ya!!!!

Offline terrymac

• Anny Roader
« Reply #32 on: October 6, 2010, 01:01:50 am »
Well, maybe not an entirely sad story......"donīt cry because itīs over, smile because it happened" and all that.

RIP Ann

YNWA
So i was a little young lad running down the street in 1977 when i heard "hey, come here" i stopped and looked, this lady said "you have a liverpool strip on is that who you support"? "Yeah i said" "come look in my house this lady said" "my mum said i cant do things like that" i replied.."good lad" she said "look through the window then". I looked through the window and saw the wall in this womans living roomcovered in Liverpool memorabilia. "go ask your mum if you can come in" she said.

I ran home as fast as i could and asked my mum, she said yes so i ran even faster back and knocked on the door. "come in" she said. it was even better without glass in the way--"where did you get this from"? i asked "Rome sweetheart" she said. "You went to Rome, no way" i said. "I go every week love" she said "you wanna come with me"? After running home again as fast as i could and asking my mumi ended up going --that started a lifetime of memories with Ann
I held the European cup when it was bigger than me and just sat on a formica table,
i visited Melwood when it was just a field
I went to European cup finals
I went to FA and Milk cup finals
I met all kinds of players
i went to Bob paisleys last game and was even on sportsnight at his party at the supporters club
I went all over the country with her and when i couldnt go she always and i mean always brought me back a programme, i used to get bored listening to her stories, which now im older i realise are legendary--she always used to tell me off for opening the window in the back cause she hated the sound--fkin great memories.
I feel so fking lucky and blessed to be a Liverpool fan, im an OOT but love the club like nothing else, i know no other love for as long as Liverpool, and i have Ann North to thank for this--just for stopping a young kid on the street because i had a liverpool top on--thank God for that meeting--it shaped who i am today from the goods times with her and Heysel and Hillsborough with her.
As i got older i tried to keep in touch but i moved to America--when i had a son, the first thing i did was buy him a liverpool kit fly home to england and take him round to Anns house. "Youve raised him well she said --although he looks like Stan Collymore cause hes bald" We laughed.
I never saw her or her husband Dennis again, but it seems fitting she saw id "done the right thing" and raised Reds

Ann North you are a legend , when the word is thrown around too much these days.

From the bottom of my heart i say RIP and YNWA...and becasue of your kindness and me feeling part of the fabric of LFC now, ill never walk alone either--Thank you and God bless

Darren Page
"Magna est veritas et prevalebit"   JFT96

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 6, 2010, 01:15:04 am »
So i was a little young lad running down the street in 1977 when i heard "hey, come here" i stopped and looked, this lady said "you have a liverpool strip on is that who you support"? "Yeah i said" "come look in my house this lady said" "my mum said i cant do things like that" i replied.."good lad" she said "look through the window then". I looked through the window and saw the wall in this womans living roomcovered in Liverpool memorabilia. "go ask your mum if you can come in" she said.

I ran home as fast as i could and asked my mum, she said yes so i ran even faster back and knocked on the door. "come in" she said. it was even better without glass in the way--"where did you get this from"? i asked "Rome sweetheart" she said. "You went to Rome, no way" i said. "I go every week love" she said "you wanna come with me"? After running home again as fast as i could and asking my mumi ended up going --that started a lifetime of memories with Ann
I held the European cup when it was bigger than me and just sat on a formica table,
i went to Bob paisleys last game and was even on sportsnight at his party at the supporters club
I went all over the country with her and when i couldnt go she always and i mean always brought me back a programme, i used to get bored listening to her stories, which now im older i realise are legendary--she always used to tell me off for opening the window in the back cause she hated the sound--fkin great memories.
I feel so fking lucky and blessed to be a Liverpool fan, im an OOT but love the club like nothing else, i know no other love for as long as Liverpool, and i have Ann North to thank for this--just for stopping a young kid on the street because i had a liverpool top on--thank God for that meeting--it shaped who i am today from the goods times with her and Heysel and Hillsborough with her.
As i got older i tried to keep in touch but i moved to America--when i had a son, the first thing i did was buy him a liverpool kit fly home to england and take him round to Anns house. "Youve raised him well she said --although he looks like Stan Collymore cause hes bald" We laughed.
I never saw her or her husband Dennis again, but it seems fitting she saw id "done the right thing" and raised Reds

Ann North you are a legend , when the word is thrown around too much these days.

From the bottom of my heart i say RIP and YNWA...and becasue of your kindness and me feeling part of the fabric of LFC now, ill never walk alone either--Thank you and God bless

Darren Page

Well in for that Darren.
It's women like Ann that have made us a special club mate.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 6, 2010, 01:17:05 am »

Darren Page

Well in for that Darren.
It's women like Ann that have made us a special club mate.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 6, 2010, 06:26:57 am »
Thanks for sharing that mate

RIP Ann of Anfield

Offline Chaztastic

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 6, 2010, 10:10:31 am »
I don't know how I didn't spot this thread until now, but kudos to terrrymac for a magnificent tribute.

RIP Ann.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #37 on: October 6, 2010, 11:01:39 pm »

Darren Page

Great story, thanks.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the doco about her on LFCTV coming soon ( I assume it's the same Ann?)
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Xpander

• Main Stander
« Reply #38 on: October 6, 2010, 11:18:20 pm »

Darren Page

A great story Thanks.

RIP Ann

Offline PaulR

• Claims Diplomatic Immunity
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2010, 09:30:36 am »
Make sure you tune into LFC TV or LFCTV Online tonight (Monday 11 Oct) at 8pm for a special show about this amazing lady:

8pm: Ann of Anfield

We pay tribute to legendary Liverpool fan, Ann North. Over the decades the Grimsby woman racked-up hundreds of thousands of miles travelling across the Pennines and back to watch her beloved Reds, becoming a hugely popular figure on matchdays among the players, LFC staff and fellow supporters. A veteran of 7 European Cup Finals, Liverpool FC was Ann North's best friend and she certainly earned her nickname, 'Ann of Anfield' before passing away earlier this year. Join us as we remember a hardcore Red who is sorely missed by many.

8pm LFC TV tonight.