Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1528776 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #7440 on: September 21, 2016, 08:14:38 pm »
Was near the front next to all the stewards and police trying to video/work out who let the pyro off everytime.

Didn't have a clue haha, thought we were good tonight but Gerrard/Maxi/5 times chant away to Derby in the league cup? Really?

Doing the Gerrard song was odd, it just gave them the opportunity to sing the Demba Ba version really.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7441 on: September 21, 2016, 09:28:18 pm »
Shankly made us famous
Paisley made us sing
Rafa gave us Istanbul
And Kenny is the King

I was Born......

Brilliant.

Cracking away end last night. 

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #7442 on: September 21, 2016, 11:56:22 pm »
Doing the Gerrard song was odd, it just gave them the opportunity to sing the Demba Ba version really.

Sing something simple you simple twats
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Aggers-Elbow

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #7443 on: September 22, 2016, 12:55:13 pm »
That "That's Entertainment" song was made last season, seen a video of a load of lads on a bus singing it somewhere. Boss song!
They all laugh at us, They all mock at us, They all say our days our numbered.

@Danny_Timmis89

Offline Red Man 4 Eva

• Main Stander
« Reply #7444 on: September 22, 2016, 05:19:38 pm »
We were singing it at the Villarreal away game and at the final outside the ground.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #7445 on: October 3, 2016, 11:44:58 pm »
Will be gettin loyalty card for Franky & Benny's soon,last night & a week sat.. 8)

MIA Dave Dubai and his lad Tom, last seen trying to get a lift back to Liverpool, pissed ...

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #7446 on: October 3, 2016, 11:45:51 pm »
We were singing it at the Villarreal away game and at the final outside the ground.

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7447 on: October 29, 2016, 11:04:55 pm »
How the fuck has this thread dropped to page 3
That was a boss away.. We did not shut up all game
A few nobs in half scalves.. Seriously what makes you think a libpool and er Crystal Palace scalf is even remotely wearable...
But apart from that.. Non stop singing... Celebrating.. And new songs.. It was ace

+6 ticket exchange

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #7448 on: October 29, 2016, 11:28:30 pm »
A few? Bloody loads in our end. God knows why. Lots of tourists there though. 8 together on front row!??
But agree, decent today. Going to be lots of bruises around tomorrow :D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 01:52:26 am by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #7449 on: October 30, 2016, 12:18:39 am »
Was up at the back. I'm presuming there were 6 or 7 mostly empty rows cos people piled towards the front.

Also, big shout out to the lads who managed to get their pyro past the cavity search.

Great away ;D
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7450 on: October 30, 2016, 02:56:59 am »
They were shit.  That drum banging whilst 20 to 30 others jump around like trained seals is embarrassing.  You can't just choose a culture. 
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #7451 on: October 30, 2016, 11:09:38 am »
Just need some more player songs! The generic chant that is getting used for Lallana and Firmino is fine but should really be one that goes along with a proper player song.

Player songs have been awful for years now, they have been brilliant in the past. Maxi, Gerrard, Suarez, Garica, Torres list goes on.
JFT97

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #7452 on: October 30, 2016, 11:12:10 am »
Was up at the back. I'm presuming there were 6 or 7 mostly empty rows cos people piled towards the front.

Also, big shout out to the lads who managed to get their pyro past the cavity search.

Great away ;D

Pity they didn't keep the pyro up their arse rather than chucking it onto the pitch.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7453 on: October 30, 2016, 11:14:17 am »
Good to see the pyro return!!

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7454 on: October 30, 2016, 11:23:17 am »
Love seeing pyro in the stands when it's safe but which daft twat thought it was a good idea to throw a flare on the pitch? No need at all for that.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 11:28:16 am by OzBomber »

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #7455 on: October 30, 2016, 03:17:40 pm »
Just need some more player songs! The generic chant that is getting used for Lallana and Firmino is fine but should really be one that goes along with a proper player song.

Player songs have been awful for years now, they have been brilliant in the past. Maxi, Gerrard, Suarez, Garica, Torres list goes on.

Yeah I said in another thread during 2000 to about 2008/09 it was boss for player songs and it's been shite since. Used to be boss singing each players name after they've come out and they'd turnaround and clap the kop.

Offline Istanbulievable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7456 on: October 30, 2016, 03:23:58 pm »
Any photos anywhere of the away end yesterday?

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7457 on: October 30, 2016, 03:30:44 pm »
Looked boss yesterday
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #7458 on: October 30, 2016, 03:48:57 pm »
It was a smoke bomb on the pitch not a flare, but yes still stupid. It was thrown from just behind us over my left shoulder (about row 10-12?) but I couldn't see who by. They obviously had cctv though as a couple of stewards came over and were trying to spot someone. Later on when the next one went off in the same area, they mingled in with the crowd. No idea if they got them, but the idiot who threw it on the pitch has no place at aways IMO.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 04:05:17 pm by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7459 on: October 30, 2016, 03:53:55 pm »
Idiot near me threw the 'flare/smoke bomb' onto pitch.

What a knob, just don't know what he was trying to achieve by doing that. Hope they can identify him and ban him altogether.

Back to the game, was a very good atmosphere. The generic Firminho song was a let down though.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7460 on: October 30, 2016, 03:55:37 pm »
He seemed to appreciate it, better than nothing.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #7461 on: October 30, 2016, 04:00:26 pm »
Idiot near me threw the 'flare/smoke bomb' onto pitch.

What a knob, just don't know what he was trying to achieve by doing that. Hope they can identify him and ban him altogether.

Back to the game, was a very good atmosphere. The generic Firminho song was a let down though.

Yeah when we were chanting it, I was like meh. But at least he knows we appreciate him.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #7462 on: October 30, 2016, 04:04:00 pm »
It was a smoke bomb on the pitch not a flare, but yes still stupid. It was thrown from just behind us over my left shoulder (about row 10-12?) but I couldn't see who by. They obviously had cctv though as a couple of stewards came over and were trying to spot someone. Later on when the next one went off in the same area, they mingled in with the crowd. No idea of they got them, but the idiot who threw it on the pitch had no place at aways IMO.

Agee , not a big fan generally but can tolerate it if you keep it off the pitch, imagine we'll get a fine and a warning
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7463 on: October 30, 2016, 04:07:54 pm »
Yeah when we were chanting it, I was like meh. But at least he knows we appreciate him.

And he acknowledged it at the time which I like. Relatively rare that players do that during play , reinforces the symbiosis between supporters and players and our influence over what happens on the pitch
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7464 on: October 30, 2016, 04:12:52 pm »
Our players used to all have generic songs.  I'd rather they had generic songs than forced through shit songs like Klopps.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7465 on: October 30, 2016, 04:18:55 pm »
Love seeing pyro in the stands when it's safe but which daft twat thought it was a good idea to throw a flare on the pitch? No need at all for that.

If you love seeing pyro's in the stands then you need to acknowledge that it's a criminal offence to set them off.  I like them myself but if the Stewards are coming towards you, you need to get rid or you're looking at a banning order, and a criminal record.

If you need to get rid, then the safest place to do it is on the pitch, it's better than throwing it into another part of the stand.  Better the Club gets a fine than a fan gets a nasty scar on the back.

Offline FuturisticLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #7466 on: October 30, 2016, 04:44:41 pm »
They were shit.  That drum banging whilst 20 to 30 others jump around like trained seals is embarrassing.  You can't just choose a culture.

Like some failed attempt of copying the ultra groups they have in Europe, was awful

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7467 on: October 30, 2016, 04:45:40 pm »
Agee , not a big fan generally but can tolerate it if you keep it off the pitch, imagine we'll get a fine and a warning

And likely a reduced allocation next season on safety grounds, to which people will piss and moan about Palace giving us less.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7468 on: October 30, 2016, 04:56:12 pm »

The Divock Origi chant.. are we up to 4 players now with the exact same chant? I'm all for simple chants but is that the best we can offer? Seems to have died a death players songs recently.. or have the too cool for school terrace culture lot decided player songs are wool now?

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7469 on: October 30, 2016, 05:10:59 pm »
Posted already on the home thread- sorry for being repetitive, but when I read about new songs thought it was worth posting again. Here goes.

Now is the time for some serious creativity and additions to our repertoire, as well as giving some older lesser known songs an airing.

It’s difficult if you can’t get to the games to get them started but those who do, should keep the new ones and decent old  ones  pumping in the ale house before games  with their mates and then to a bigger audience.
Some good observations have been made on here in recent weeks. Singing, and atmosphere are a big thing in Jurgen Klopp’s footballing theory. That’s why we have a huge responsibilty to remind him and the team just who we are and to make us a place that players want to come to. The other arguments about safe stading and the halfy halfy scarves , bell-ends on the Kop checking their mobiles and taken photos of opposition players  have contributed to deteriorating atmosphere, but that’s another story.

There are older songs that need to be given an airing and it was a good to put them in to different categories as someone did a couple of weeks ago.
1)   When the team have their backs up to the wall:

In the past the Kop used to belt out; “Come on Scousers, come on scousers!”

Or “Get into them! Get into them!!” (this was also used to encourage the Annie Rd to charge at the opposition but that’s another story too!)

Another one which was aimed to get the team back into the game was “Come on you mighty reds, come on you mighty reds, come on you reds, come on you mighty reds”  (To the tune of “ those were the days my friend”- incidendly another cracking song which was sung widely in the late 60s and 70s)

2)   With the team swarming forward, the Kop used to just push them forward with  “Li-ver-pool, Li-ver-pool.”
  Then there was the  short sharp. LIVERPOOL (clap clap clap) LIVERPOOL- powerful and defiant.
There was also the  LIV-ERP-Double OL Liverpool FC (sung to Jesus Christ Superstar)

"Allez les rouges " was a cracker too.
3)   Away game defiance-

“Scousers here, scousers, there scousers every fucking where as the away end started filling up- Used to love that one
4)    Going for the Title

With us always being in the mix for the League title, there was the  “We’re going to win the League“ which is getting an airing I hear as it did in the run-in a couple of years ago.
But there was an even better one which was sung to an old Edith Piaf tune Milord:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwe3CzWZ4Bg

“We’re going to win the League, we’re gonna win the League, we’re gonna win win win win win the League”. This was absolutely brilliant when boomed out by the Kop

Another good one was :  “Liverpool Liverpool, top of the League, Liverpool top of the League.”
 I’d love to hear that when we get back on our perch.

5)   Newer ones:
That’s entertainment is utter brilliance. Hope it really takes off more in the next few weeks.

Sorry about the lack of modesty, but I also like my own one for Matip a couple of pages ago  It obviously flew under the radar (or was considered utterly shite!). Ah well!

I’d love it to get a sounding. It’s bounceable and if I was able to get to games, my mates and I would definitely get it going!   From (0.59 seconds on) . The song's called "Just My type" - perfect for Joel Matip. Some people were complaining that there aren't enough songs for the new players. Here's one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWc2X8fSuc

For some people, creating an atmosphere might be of secondary importance. As far as I’m concerned, and I think this is the manager’s line too, the support is as important as getting a big signing. This on eone of the reasons that Klopp was attracted to our club in the first place. If you have a ticket on the Kop (or anywhere else for that matter), you have a privilege and an enormous responsibility to do your bit. Learn the fucking songs or give your ticket to someone else.
Atmosphere makes an enormous difference , gets points, respect and makes players want to be part of the club. When we’re  going through a bad patch as well. Sorry if I’m ranting again buti t really is dear to me even if (or because) I’m an old git.

Offline Dudek savessssss.........!

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop Forum
« Reply #7470 on: October 30, 2016, 06:10:41 pm »
Any photos anywhere of the away end yesterday?

Check out Mignolet's instagram post;

22mignolet22
Nice to travel back with 3 points in the bag! Always a great atmosphere at Selhurst park. #BobbyFirmino #WeAreLiverpool 🎶🔴🔴

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMKIIFnAyPi/

(sorry, don't know how to embed the photo)
There was a two-minute interlude where Liverpool’s three-man attack squared up against United’s three-man defence and basically stalked them back into their own penalty area, like battle-hardened mountain wolves closing in on a flock of geriatric sheep.  Barney Ronay at Anfield @barneyronay Sun 19 Jan 2020 20.36 GMT

Offline Espresso Bar

• Kopite
« Reply #7471 on: October 30, 2016, 06:29:36 pm »

« Last Edit: November 1, 2016, 11:42:48 pm by Espresso Bar »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7472 on: October 30, 2016, 07:37:23 pm »
If you love seeing pyro's in the stands then you need to acknowledge that it's a criminal offence to set them off.  I like them myself but if the Stewards are coming towards you, you need to get rid or you're looking at a banning order, and a criminal record.

If you need to get rid, then the safest place to do it is on the pitch, it's better than throwing it into another part of the stand.  Better the Club gets a fine than a fan gets a nasty scar on the back.

It'd be more than a fine for the club if it hit a player as, you know, they happen to be on the pitch.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7473 on: October 30, 2016, 08:12:31 pm »
It'd be more than a fine for the club if it hit a player as, you know, they happen to be on the pitch.

I was at PSG's ground in the summer and they have a moat-like structure filled with water at the bottom of the ultras end, it acts as the designated space to get the flares in once the fans have finished waving them.

Not sure we'd see that in this country as its a tacit acceptance of them and they are illegal but its better than lashing them on the pitch or in the stand..

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7474 on: October 30, 2016, 08:51:16 pm »

There were no players anywhere near where it was thrown.  If you don't like them then fair enough.  But some people are saying that they like them but it shouldn't be thrown onto the pitch, which is silly.  It would have been worse throwing it to another part of the stand, as I said. 

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7475 on: October 30, 2016, 08:59:17 pm »
The Divock Origi chant.. are we up to 4 players now with the exact same chant? I'm all for simple chants but is that the best we can offer? Seems to have died a death players songs recently.. or have the too cool for school terrace culture lot decided player songs are wool now?

I think it's probably because there's not enough Scousers going anymore, to provide the whit and humour.   :lickin

Seriously though, it's not a massive issue.  In the arl days all players started with simple songs and if they turned out to be a bit special, they'd get a special song.

We've still got quite a new team, give it time.  Simple songs are better than trying too hard and coming up with something shit that never takes off properly, i.e. Klopps song.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7476 on: October 30, 2016, 10:13:14 pm »
Posted already on the home thread- sorry for being repetitive, but when I read about new songs thought it was worth posting again. Here goes.

Now is the time for some serious creativity and additions to our repertoire, as well as giving some older lesser known songs an airing.

It’s difficult if you can’t get to the games to get them started but those who do, should keep the new ones and decent old  ones  pumping in the ale house before games  with their mates and then to a bigger audience.
Some good observations have been made on here in recent weeks. Singing, and atmosphere are a big thing in Jurgen Klopp’s footballing theory. That’s why we have a huge responsibilty to remind him and the team just who we are and to make us a place that players want to come to. The other arguments about safe stading and the halfy halfy scarves , bell-ends on the Kop checking their mobiles and taken photos of opposition players  have contributed to deteriorating atmosphere, but that’s another story.

There are older songs that need to be given an airing and it was a good to put them in to different categories as someone did a couple of weeks ago.
1)   When the team have their backs up to the wall:

In the past the Kop used to belt out; “Come on Scousers, come on scousers!”

Or “Get into them! Get into them!!” (this was also used to encourage the Annie Rd to charge at the opposition but that’s another story too!)

Another one which was aimed to get the team back into the game was “Come on you mighty reds, come on you mighty reds, come on you reds, come on you mighty reds”  (To the tune of “ those were the days my friend”- incidendly another cracking song which was sung widely in the late 60s and 70s)

2)   With the team swarming forward, the Kop used to just push them forward with  “Li-ver-pool, Li-ver-pool.”
  Then there was the  short sharp. LIVERPOOL (clap clap clap) LIVERPOOL- powerful and defiant.
There was also the  LIV-ERP-Double OL Liverpool FC (sung to Jesus Christ Superstar)

"Allez les rouges " was a cracker too.
3)   Away game defiance-

“Scousers here, scousers, there scousers every fucking where as the away end started filling up- Used to love that one
4)    Going for the Title

With us always being in the mix for the League title, there was the  “We’re going to win the League“ which is getting an airing I hear as it did in the run-in a couple of years ago.
But there was an even better one which was sung to an old Edith Piaf tune Milord:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwe3CzWZ4Bg

“We’re going to win the League, we’re gonna win the League, we’re gonna win win win win win the League”. This was absolutely brilliant when boomed out by the Kop

Another good one was :  “Liverpool Liverpool, top of the League, Liverpool top of the League.”
 I’d love to hear that when we get back on our perch.

5)   Newer ones:
That’s entertainment is utter brilliance. Hope it really takes off more in the next few weeks.

Sorry about the lack of modesty, but I also like my own one for Matip a couple of pages ago  It obviously flew under the radar (or was considered utterly shite!). Ah well!

I’d love it to get a sounding. It’s bounceable and if I was able to get to games, my mates and I would definitely get it going!   From (0.59 seconds on) . The song's called "Just My type" - perfect for Joel Matip. Some people were complaining that there aren't enough songs for the new players. Here's one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWc2X8fSuc

For some people, creating an atmosphere might be of secondary importance. As far as I’m concerned, and I think this is the manager’s line too, the support is as important as getting a big signing. This on eone of the reasons that Klopp was attracted to our club in the first place. If you have a ticket on the Kop (or anywhere else for that matter), you have a privilege and an enormous responsibility to do your bit. Learn the fucking songs or give your ticket to someone else.
Atmosphere makes an enormous difference , gets points, respect and makes players want to be part of the club. When we’re  going through a bad patch as well. Sorry if I’m ranting again buti t really is dear to me even if (or because) I’m an old git.

still my favourite after all these years

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7477 on: October 30, 2016, 10:43:04 pm »
Allez les rouges was nicked from St Etienne's Allez les Vertes, a sign of our European history. Go back to Italy, sung to Inter Milan, another European ditty.

Maybe we should revisit more of our Euro pop hits?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7478 on: October 30, 2016, 11:14:39 pm »

na na, na nah na nah na nah.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7479 on: October 30, 2016, 11:21:39 pm »
Allez les rouges was nicked from St Etienne's Allez les Vertes, a sign of our European history. Go back to Italy, sung to Inter Milan, another European ditty.

Maybe we should revisit more of our Euro pop hits?

and Oh Campione from PAOK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqo_rqMc8NA#t=89

We need another good run in Europe for some inspiration.