Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3195504 times)

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #79440 on: April 30, 2024, 07:32:37 pm »
I saw an article in Jan saying he has 72% arial success rate - that’s pretty good.

Only 25% success rate with Times New Roman though.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79441 on: April 30, 2024, 07:35:16 pm »
https://fbref.com/en/players/394be156/Ousmane-Diomande

compare him to Van Dijk who wins 4 times as much in the air.

Fbref isn’t great for aerial duels, dataMB for example has him at 64.5% for aerial duels this season, 96.4% for overall defensive duels. They all probably calculate it in their own way, but I don’t think he’s a liability in air.

Van Dijk in the air he ain’t, but if that’s the criteria you’re after crack on - we’re in unicorn territory when you factor everything else in.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79442 on: April 30, 2024, 07:35:16 pm »
No love for Calibri?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79443 on: April 30, 2024, 07:40:05 pm »
No love for Calibri?
Hush ya dingbat.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79444 on: April 30, 2024, 07:41:42 pm »
Hush ya dingbat.

You're more of a Comic Sans person? The Harry Maguire of the font world.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79445 on: April 30, 2024, 07:44:14 pm »
You're more of a Comic Sans person? The Harry Maguire of the font world.
If they had a crayons option, I'd be all over it.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79446 on: April 30, 2024, 07:48:40 pm »
https://fbref.com/en/players/c4486bac/Michael-Olise

Olise is at 0.67 npxg + xa in the league this season.. that's Foden levels of production at 22 playing for Palace (!!) .. every big club with an analytics department will be in for him.
Assuming there isn't a chronic injury problem 60 million is a steal for his age/level of player

Can you imagine if him and Neto didnt have injury problems? Two of the worlds best wingers would be in this league and have £80m price tags on their heads.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79447 on: April 30, 2024, 08:03:32 pm »
Can you imagine if him and Neto didnt have injury problems? Two of the worlds best wingers would be in this league and have £80m price tags on their heads.

Neto is one of my favourite players to watch in league. Fully understand shouts against why we should be in for him, very entertaining player though.

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79448 on: April 30, 2024, 08:24:18 pm »
Wharton at Palace looks a very good 6.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79449 on: April 30, 2024, 08:26:49 pm »
Olise’s injury history doesn’t look that bad to be fair. Neto, on the other hand, is in definite steer clear territory.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79450 on: April 30, 2024, 08:30:05 pm »
Olise’s injury history doesn’t look that bad to be fair. Neto, on the other hand, is in definite steer clear territory.

Yep its just this season Olise had issues. Its still a risk though as we dont know if this is a odd season or a start of persistent issues.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79451 on: April 30, 2024, 08:31:12 pm »
Olise is good but not pacey. I want speedsters on the wing again.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79452 on: April 30, 2024, 08:39:10 pm »
I'd go for Kudus because he's the one player that's really stood up for me this season.

He's quick, strong, two good feet and can play on either wing. Beats his man for fun, good age and a decent price (release clause).

He also has a good injury record and he's PL proven. I also like the fact he's a big game player. A negative is that he will not be available when the AFCON takes place in January.

I've watched him live a few times this year and he's one of the standout players for me that is. I see potential in him.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79453 on: April 30, 2024, 08:39:32 pm »

He is yeah unfortunately. Triffic player though

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79454 on: April 30, 2024, 08:40:48 pm »
Yep its just this season Olise had issues. Its still a risk though as we dont know if this is a odd season or a start of persistent issues.

There's also a bit of a small sample size risk? He's been great when he's played this season, but he's missed 2/3rds of it and whilst 11 G/A in 16 games is a superb record, it's a tiny sample size - could be a purple patch for all we know. Prior to this season, he had 4 goals in 63 PL appearances. He's young, but he basically has no meaningful career track record of being a goalscorer - maybe this is him just coming into his stride and this is his level but at £60m I do think it's more of a risk and less of a slam dunk than has been suggested.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79455 on: April 30, 2024, 08:46:45 pm »
I'd go for Kudus because he's the one player that's really stood up for me this season.

He's quick, strong, two good feet and can play on either wing. Beats his man for fun, good age and a decent price (release clause).

He also has a good injury record and he's PL proven. I also like the fact he's a big game player. A negative is that he will not be available when the AFCON takes place in January.

I've watched him live a few times this year and he's one of the standout players for me that is. I see potential in him.

On AFCON, the current intention is for the next one to be July-August 2025. Guess there’s a chance it moves back to the January but as it stands wouldn’t have to worry about a Jan AFCON until 2027 at the earliest.

I do like Kudus but others have pointed out that the underlying numbers aren’t as strong as others and we know how stats driven Edwards is. Release clause means he probably gets a move. I reckon Olise has one too, and Palace are briefing they won’t sell for less than £60m so it’s probably around that.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79456 on: April 30, 2024, 08:49:44 pm »
On AFCON, the current intention is for the next one to be July-August 2025. Guess there’s a chance it moves back to the January but as it stands wouldn’t have to worry about a Jan AFCON until 2027 at the earliest.

I do like Kudus but others have pointed out that the underlying numbers aren’t as strong as others and we know how stats driven Edwards is. Release clause means he probably gets a move. I reckon Olise has one too, and Palace are briefing they won’t sell for less than £60m so it’s probably around that.
His underlying numbers wouldn't be great because Westham are a defensive team.

I don't watch a lot of football but I happened to watch him live quite a few times (mostly against the bigger teams) and he's the real deal IMO.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79457 on: April 30, 2024, 08:56:25 pm »
There’s going to be a fight for Olise this Summer. You’d like to think we’d be in the conversation.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #79458 on: April 30, 2024, 08:57:23 pm »
Olise is good but not pacey. I want speedsters on the wing again.
like Diaz?

The quickest player in our squad?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79459 on: April 30, 2024, 08:58:30 pm »
His underlying numbers wouldn't be great because Westham are a defensive team.

I don't watch a lot of football but I happened to watch him live quite a few times (mostly against the bigger teams) and he's the real deal IMO.

Thats all fine, but the problem is you pay a premium for a player who hasnt produced much yet. Like I said, its fine signing him for say £30m. Now he is got to be around £50m. Thats a lot for a player you hope increases his underlying numbers.

Edwards literally made his name signing sure things.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79460 on: April 30, 2024, 09:01:54 pm »
Thats all fine, but the problem is you pay a premium for a player who hasnt produced much yet. Like I said, its fine signing him for say £30m. Now he is got to be around £50m. Thats a lot for a player you hope increases his underlying numbers.

Edwards literally made his name signing sure things.
£50m is fair for a prem proven winger that's not injury prone like some of the other options. I've seen enough to conclude that his game is scalable to a bigger club.

The £20m premium is worth it compared to potentially wasting time on someone that's more of a question mark because he's cheaper.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #79461 on: April 30, 2024, 09:04:12 pm »
From the Beeb comments, or something:

"Neil: I’m a Leicester fan but Summerville of Leeds is best player I’ve seen this year"

Get it done, Mikey. Or that Leicester lad from Ghana. But not until you have exhausted options for Xavi Simons.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79462 on: April 30, 2024, 09:12:29 pm »
https://twitter.com/BenBocsak/status/1785059649961509081

#LFC scouts were in attendance to watch Brøndby IF vs FC Midtjylland just over a week ago.

I believe they will have been keeping a close eye on Darío Osorio and Franculino.

Osorio has been followed by #LFC since his Club Universidad de Chile days.

He has 9 goal contributions in 11 starts for FC Midtjylland this season.

Still a very raw profile, but a lot of potential. Quite tall, left footed and often plays as an RW.

Franculino meanwhile is averaging a goal contribution every 73 minutes at club level this season.

He’s got 18 goal contributions in just 15 starts. Left-footed, only 19 years old. Capable of playing on the wing and as a forward.

Yuito Suzuki also scored a brace in the match the #LFC scouts watched. He has 18 goal contributions in 27 matches. 

The Japanese striker is in great form. Could be set for a big move in the summer.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79463 on: April 30, 2024, 09:17:56 pm »
https://twitter.com/BenBocsak/status/1785059649961509081

These are the types of players Edwards will be targeting for the new club FSG will buy.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79464 on: April 30, 2024, 09:33:37 pm »
These are the types of players Edwards will be targeting for the new club FSG will buy.
Yep.

Sign them early then blood them within the group. It's a must now with the spending cap.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79465 on: April 30, 2024, 09:58:20 pm »
That spending cap is benficial to the big clubs i.e us.  ;D

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79466 on: April 30, 2024, 10:01:10 pm »
A player I thought would be quite interesting based on his ball progression and dribbling is Yankubah MInteh. I didn't realise Newcastle had already signed him. On loan at Feyenoord btw and doing quite well based on the numbers. Thought I'd mention him given the Slot connection at Feyenoord but it will be very hard to get a player out of Newcastle. Only 19 too.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79467 on: April 30, 2024, 10:02:00 pm »
That spending cap is benficial to the big clubs i.e us.  ;D
It makes clubs less willing to pay big fees. The most expensive players are more likely to insist on a release clause or run down their contracts.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #79468 on: April 30, 2024, 10:06:11 pm »

Definitely

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79469 on: April 30, 2024, 10:26:24 pm »

They will be part of the picture, we will probably still focus on players in the major leagues and championship as well as teams that are relegated

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79470 on: April 30, 2024, 11:06:20 pm »
Don't shoot the messenger, but a poster on reddit who is pretty reliable reckons we have been in contact with the reps for Youssouf Ndayishimiye at Nice. He is a DM who can also play CB.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79471 on: April 30, 2024, 11:35:54 pm »
Don't shoot the messenger, but a poster on reddit who is pretty reliable reckons we have been in contact with the reps for Youssouf Ndayishimiye at Nice. He is a DM who can also play CB.

I can confirm that we have no interest in Ndayishimiye.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #79472 on: April 30, 2024, 11:45:07 pm »
Excited by the Musiala links, especially after the Semi. Nacho seems a good 6 too.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79473 on: May 1, 2024, 12:09:54 am »
https://fbref.com/en/players/c4486bac/Michael-Olise

Olise is at 0.67 npxg + xa in the league this season.. that's Foden levels of production at 22 playing for Palace (!!) .. every big club with an analytics department will be in for him.
Assuming there isn't a chronic injury problem 60 million is a steal for his age/level of player

The other aspect of his fbref profile is that his defensive numbers are pretty good. I wonder how much of that is based on playing for a defensively-minded Hodgson team for most of the season vs his nature, but it shows he has the ability to defend well from the front - something I think Slot values. I hope we're in for him.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79474 on: May 1, 2024, 12:37:48 am »
Excited by the Musiala links, especially after the Semi. Nacho seems a good 6 too.
This is a family site pal.

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79475 on: May 1, 2024, 06:08:20 am »
For what we perhaps need

CB

Pacho - frankfurt - 22 -  £40m - £60m (expensive)?
Hancko - Feyenoord -26 maybe old for us can play LB -£35m
Hincapie - Leverkusen - 22 - can play LB - £50m (expensive)? would be good as can play LB and CB which would be good for us.
Jean Clair Todibo  - Nice (unfort linked to Man Utd coz of chairman) - 24 - £35m
Tosin Adarabioyo - Fulham - 26 (too old )?- Free
Lutsharel Geertruida -  Feyenoord - 23 - £25m  (Hancko and Gerrtruida double £60m covers for years knows how Slot plays)

Winger (either side(

Crysencio Summerville - Leeds  - 22 - Left Winger - £25m
Johan Bakayoko -    PSV   - 21  - Right Winger - £40m
Luis Guilherme -    Palmeiras   - 18  - Right Winger  - £20m
Michael Olise  - Palace - 22 - Right Winger - £50m?
Nico Williams  - Bilbao  - 21 - Right/Left winger - £43m Buyout (alot of ppl after him)

DM

Mats Wieffer - Feyenoord  - 24  - £25m  ( 6'2"  and big )
Youssoud Fofana  - Monaco  - 25 -  £25m (bargain imo - fuckin' huge guy )
Alan Varela - Porto - 22  - £35m

I would also like us to try for Levi Colwill but way to expensive at £50m maybe more

Thats my mini list so far ( no african players as the AFCON fucks us over every time.

« Last Edit: May 1, 2024, 06:13:30 am by Lubeh »

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79476 on: May 1, 2024, 08:15:35 am »
For those of us who don't follow world football, is there a left sided pacy forward who could under study Mo for a year? 
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #79477 on: May 1, 2024, 08:44:42 am »
Kudus isn’t at our level … his underlying numbers are bad … in fact, like Antony, the drop off from the Dutch league is huge and instructive as to the minefield of buying players from that league

Not sure about underlying, his goals and assists look very good, to me.

In his first Premier League season too, for a plodding Moyes side:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/mohammed-kudus/leistungsdaten/spieler/543499
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #79478 on: May 1, 2024, 08:47:19 am »

Never get that on a new shirt mate, does he have a nickname?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79479 on: May 1, 2024, 08:51:30 am »

No.