Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1752212 times)

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #21880 on: May 13, 2024, 08:46:31 am »
Good stepping stone signings for Newcastle.  Neither is quite good enough - or reliably fit enough in Kelly's case - to move to a current top four team but are significant improvements on most of what Newcastle already have (Lascelles, Schar, Burn, Dummett!).  Livramento, Botman, Tosin and Kelly is a good back four.

Are Newcastle still bleating about PSR impeding them or have they just magicked up another self-sponsorship deal?
Schar is quite a player, with enough international experience too!

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #21881 on: May 13, 2024, 09:11:17 am »
Bayern interested in Adam Wharton … seen him mentioned here as a top talent 

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #21882 on: May 13, 2024, 10:55:31 am »

Funny how many scouts Bayern seem to have in the Premier League these days, and their manager recruitment team seem to have extreme ADHD, or just a very hard time finding someone they haven't hired before! :)
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #21883 on: May 13, 2024, 06:52:53 pm »

With Palace likely losing Olise, Eze and Guehi this summer can’t see them letting him go this summer.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #21884 on: May 15, 2024, 11:08:42 am »
With Palace likely losing Olise, Eze and Guehi this summer can’t see them letting him go this summer.
Palace can potentially raise £200m this summer and reconstruct a fantastic team that qualifies for Europe in 2025, in my opinion.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21885 on: May 15, 2024, 12:17:02 pm »
Palace can potentially raise £200m this summer and reconstruct a fantastic team that qualifies for Europe in 2025, in my opinion.
Roberto De Zerbi disagrees  ;D

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #21886 on: May 16, 2024, 11:44:15 am »
I think Mbappe might be going to Madrid yenno

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21887 on: Today at 09:18:08 am »

I don't see the logic here.  So Palace can sell their best players, end up with £200m, not be able to really sign replacements of that standard because they'll finish bottom half and, well, they're Palace and there going to qualify for Europe within 18 months ?

They have a good manager, but he's not a miracle worker.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21888 on: Today at 11:57:15 am »

What you want is to keep them and add additional quality in the squad to qualify for Europe. Not sell all your best players and hope you can attract similar talents for the same funds. Moving from bottom to top then you need either money, or buying smart/developing talent and keeping them long enough.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21889 on: Today at 11:59:36 am »
Can see Olise leave Palace and maybe Eze as well. But that will be it. They'll still raise £120m+ from both.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #21890 on: Today at 03:40:55 pm »

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #21891 on: Today at 03:45:27 pm »
Villa aiming to sign Ross Barkley from Luton
https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/20/aston-villa-ross-barkley-luton
Interesting. Seems similar to Tielemans these days, but I guess they’ll need more depth next year. 
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #21892 on: Today at 04:00:44 pm »
Wolves want £60m for Neto according to the Telegraph. Man City and Newcastle are said to be interested
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/05/20/wolves-pedro-neto-transfer-60m-man-city-newcastle/

Chelsea willing to sell Trevor Chalobah for £25m. Matt Law also notes Chelsea are willing to listen to bids for Broja and Gallagher. Maatsen likely to leave.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/05/20/chelsea-to-stick-to-25m-asking-price-for-trevor-chalobah/

Villa open to selling Diego Carlos. There is interest in Jacob Ramsey, but he doesn't want to leave. Villa only likely to sell Ramsey if they fail to sell other players.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/05/20/aston-villa-transfer-news-diego-carlos-jacob-ramsey-emery/

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21893 on: Today at 06:37:14 pm »
Would hate to see Neto at City but for that fee, can see them as only suitors with his injury record unfortunately.

Online DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #21894 on: Today at 08:12:26 pm »
Would hate to see Neto at City but for that fee, can see them as only suitors with his injury record unfortunately.

Yeah, he's ideal for them - they can make the most of his quality for the games he's actually fit for, and then just have one of their other £50-100m wingers step in for the half season that he's injured.

No jeopardy from injuries, no drop-off since their squad players are happy getting under-the-table second salaries/ambassador deals plus guaranteed trophies. And another season of the media and pundits asking "how does Guardiola manage to make Man City so successful?" in admiring bewilderment.