Author Topic: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance  (Read 242033 times)

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Reply #360 on: February 25, 2024, 08:23:25 am »
Everyone would love that but think we can still go far in other competitions by being sensible.

Given the injuries I think we have to prioritise the league and roll the dice on the cups.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #361 on: February 25, 2024, 08:27:30 am »
Agreed. There's no guarantees of winning the cups even playing our strongest team at every opportunity. And there's simply no way of getting through this brutal period without resting players. So something will have to give. And that should be the league cup today, the FA cup and Europe. Particularly the last 16 round, the draw has been kind to us.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #362 on: February 25, 2024, 08:51:04 am »
Agreed. There's no guarantees of winning the cups even playing our strongest team at every opportunity. And there's simply no way of getting through this brutal period without resting players. So something will have to give. And that should be the league cup today, the FA cup and Europe. Particularly the last 16 round, the draw has been kind to us.

There’s no guarantee of anything.

But we will clearly be sensible with selections. If the rumours are to be believed then we aren’t risking Mo, Dom or Nunez today.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #363 on: February 25, 2024, 04:40:10 pm »
We're simply not going to be allowed to win this title.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: February 25, 2024, 04:41:44 pm »

Yep.
Looks obvious.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: February 25, 2024, 04:47:58 pm »
Webb will just be choosing Taylor, Coote, Tierney and Kavanagh on rotation for the rest of the season in our games.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #366 on: February 26, 2024, 07:27:48 am »
We have a path forming here, the kids can be heavily used in Europe and the 1st teamers
optimised for the League campaign. The fitness of Mo and Darwin alone could seal our title hopes. Closely
followed by Soboz.

The cunnundrum is the Southampton FA Cup match, hard to figure out who plays but the likes of Konate, Robertson and Mac Allister must surely rest up completely for the weekend!?

Harvey Elliot, for one, can start multiple Europa games (if we progress) and be a super sub on weekends.

Beat Forest is the only mantra, other than reducing that treatment room!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #367 on: February 26, 2024, 07:28:46 am »
Does a bear shit on the Forest?

Damn it, good edit!

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: February 26, 2024, 07:34:16 am »
Does a bear shit on the Forest?

Damn it, good edit!

Maul them!!!!

:)

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: February 26, 2024, 07:50:34 am »
injuries and PGMOL are going to win it for City.
No way do PGMOL want Klopp to win in his final season.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: February 26, 2024, 08:19:58 am »
Hasn't this group shown that they will be relentless no matter what is thrown at them?

Arsenal are playing better football, City have the better players, both have lesser injuries, but I'd make us favorites based on pure mentality.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: February 26, 2024, 08:27:17 am »
I don't think we will be denied to be honest.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: February 26, 2024, 08:36:34 am »
Hasn't this group shown that they will be relentless no matter what is thrown at them?

Arsenal are playing better football, City have the better players, both have lesser injuries, but I'd make us favorites based on pure mentality.

City have more expensive players but are they better overall? Rodri and DeBryne come to mind but who else?

Arsenal are playing very good football but how will they respond to their next setback,
and how will they deal with City in March??
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 08:38:39 am by lionel_messias »

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: February 26, 2024, 08:41:03 am »
City have more expensive players but are they better overall? Rodri and DeBryne come to mind but who else?

Arsenal are playing very good football but how will they respond to their next setback,
totally agree on the city point. They don't have two world class players in every position like they used to. They have a very good manager with a very effective system, hundreds of millions of pounds worth of talent but man for man we are better than them imo and we've built a squad with better depth.

Obviously injuries are the problem but our depth is the reason we're still leaders and that we haven't already dropped off. It's certainly not a reason why we might come up short.

We have to get the job done against forest and city as we did yesterday and Vs Luton and then hopefully properly regroup after internationals. Just Nunez and Salah back soon makes a huge huge difference.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 09:00:56 am by alonsoisared »

Offline Pat The Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #374 on: February 26, 2024, 08:54:53 am »
Only two things stopping us winning the league this year, PGMOL and injuries.....

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #375 on: February 26, 2024, 09:17:13 am »
It’s a huge week AGAIN. We couldn’t have asked for a better base for the latest push.

Fingers crossed we have Mo / Nunez / Dom for the weekend. They are hopefully close.

The Saints match will be a mish mash of kids / some seniors and we will hopefully get through. The positive is it moves the Everton game and allows the kids some playing time. But if we do go out then it may allow us to play that gameweek if City and Arsenal matches are moved cause the FA Cup QF. Chelsea need to beat Leeds for their game to move and City need to beat Everton.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: February 26, 2024, 10:24:21 am »

He scores a fucktonne of tap ins but how on earth is Haaland so often omitted from these kinds of posts, he pretty much guarantees goals

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #377 on: February 26, 2024, 11:16:00 am »

The Saints match will be a mish mash of kids / some seniors and we will hopefully get through. The positive is it moves the Everton game and allows the kids some playing time. But if we do go out then it may allow us to play that gameweek if City and Arsenal matches are moved cause the FA Cup QF. Chelsea need to beat Leeds for their game to move and City need to beat Everton.

Wait what?
beat southampton and we dont have to play everton before international break...i got that...

but if we lose then whats the score?
on fa cup qf weekend we play everton right?
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #378 on: February 26, 2024, 11:17:05 am »
Wait what?
beat southampton and we dont have to play everton before international break...i got that...

but if we lose then whats the score?
on fa cup qf weekend we play everton right?

If we lose then we play Everton as scheduled.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: February 26, 2024, 11:25:44 am »
I think we need to be realistic and accept we can't fight on all fronts given the chronic injury situation. Getting more injuries on Wednesday would derail our title shout of that i am in no doubt and in general no way players could be fresh after yesterday anyway.  If Jurgen played the least experienced team possible and we lost 4-0 i'd understand that if it meant we had a decent league side for the weekend and beyond. To win the league in front of our fans after the fan absence during the pandemic would be beyond epic
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #380 on: February 26, 2024, 11:27:58 am »
I think we need to be realistic and accept we can't fight on all fronts given the chronic injury situation. Getting more injuries on Wednesday would derail our title shout of that i am in no doubt and in general no way players could be fresh after yesterday anyway.  If Jurgen played the least experienced team possible and we lost 4-0 i'd understand that if it meant we had a decent league side for the weekend and beyond. To win the league in front of our fans after the fan absence during the pandemic would be beyond epic

But we can still play a good team even with the current injuries.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #381 on: February 26, 2024, 11:30:23 am »
But we can still play a good team even with the current injuries.
Against Southampton?  Not interested in playing a good team if it in any, shape or form affects recovery for Forest.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: February 26, 2024, 11:30:48 am »
All hinges on if we can get key players playing a bit vs forest or Prague before that City game.

Ideally you can give minutes to Darwin, Becker, Salah, Dom at Forest or Prague then at least 1 or 2 can start vs City.

I feel without Becker, Salah and Nunez for that City game, it could be a step too far. With them, and the atmosphere which will no doubt be incredible, I think we can win it.

Forest shouldn't be treated lightly though either.

Midweek you're seeing the kids plus Tsimikas, Gomez, maybe Elliot/Gakpo.

A replay would be unwelcome - depends how much we value the FA Cup - ideally you want to be winning everything but with the injuries, I fear one competition might have to give.

Forest we can hopefully put out Kelleher, Bradley, Konate, VVD, Robbo, Endo, Mac, Elliot, Salah, Gakpo, Diaz or something similar.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: February 26, 2024, 11:30:57 am »

Unfortunately looks that way. They are encouraging players to go in hard on our lads in the hope more are injured as even them disallowing legit goals isn't getting City over the line at a canter like they want. I can even see them banning Jurgen from the touchline for a couple of games if they get the opportunity.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: February 26, 2024, 11:31:45 am »

Looks nailed on PGMOL will do everything possible to prevent it.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #385 on: February 26, 2024, 11:32:19 am »
Against Southampton?  Not interested in playing a good team if it in any, shape or form affects recovery for Forest.

Yes.

You aren't going to play Konate, Mac, Robbo, Endo, Diaz or Virg but can play the likes of Kostas, Gomez, Quansah, Kelleher then the kids from yesterday too.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #386 on: February 26, 2024, 11:32:37 am »
Putting all your eggs in the league basket, when we are fighting against City is mental.

You have to just play each game as it comes, the FA Cup is only a few more games in the season, not like it is making a massive difference and these kids have quality, the more games, the more chance of them getting the minutes they need.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #387 on: February 26, 2024, 11:33:30 am »
All hinges on if we can get key players playing a bit vs forest or Prague before that City game.

Ideally you can give minutes to Darwin, Becker, Salah, Dom at Forest or Prague then at least 1 or 2 can start vs City.

I feel without Becker, Salah and Nunez for that City game, it could be a step too far. With them, and the atmosphere which will no doubt be incredible, I think we can win it.

A replay would be unwelcome - depends how much we value the FA Cup - ideally you want to be winning everything but with the injuries, I fear one competition might have to give.

Forest we can hopefully put out Kelleher, Bradley, Konate, VVD, Robbo, Endo, Mac, Elliot, Salah, Gakpo, Diaz or something similar.

Ali is out until after the international break.

No replays in the Cup.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: February 26, 2024, 11:34:03 am »

No way would i be risking Gomez, Elliott or Cody midweek. Joe especially has been brilliant this season but is very injury prone he needs to rest up.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: February 26, 2024, 11:36:04 am »
Ali is out until after the international break.

No replays in the Cup.

Ah shit, didn't realise.

Even more essential to get Salah, Dom and Nunez back then as, as good as kelleher can be, Becker can make the difference at the very highest level game like no other keeper can. So if we concede, which is likely, we need to have enough to outscore them.

The replay thing is good then- hopefully we can get the win.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: February 26, 2024, 11:36:55 am »
No way would i be risking Gomez, Elliott or Cody midweek. Joe especially has been brilliant this season but is very injury prone he needs to rest up.

Fair enough- I'd like some experience in there to guide the inexperienced youngsters though.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #391 on: February 26, 2024, 11:37:14 am »
Ah shit, didn't realise.

Even more essential to get Salah, Dom and Nunez back then as, as good as kelleher can be, Becker can make the difference at the very highest level game like no other keeper can. So if we concede, which is likely, we need to have enough to outscore them.

The replay thing is good then- hopefully we can get the win.

Hopefully Salah, Dom and Nunez are close.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: February 26, 2024, 11:51:22 am »
He scores a fucktonne of tap ins but how on earth is Haaland so often omitted from these kinds of posts, he pretty much guarantees goals

He is a great player but this is obvious. Not seen as a cheat code this season. I still say when a player his size has a foot injury, that plays on the mind a little. Still, great player as you say.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: February 26, 2024, 11:54:16 am »
Putting all your eggs in the league basket, when we are fighting against City is mental.

You have to just play each game as it comes, the FA Cup is only a few more games in the season, not like it is making a massive difference and these kids have quality, the more games, the more chance of them getting the minutes they need.

There aren't that many players left who are fresh after the Cup Final yesterday. So it is not really an issue. I mean, you'd not playing Konate or Virgil on Wednesday night, that would be insane.

The Premier League is the biggest basket though, it would be the best end of Klopp's reign at Liverpool, to finish as Champions.

Not only that but we finish at Anfield. After Forest, it is 11 games to go. Just 11.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #394 on: February 26, 2024, 12:04:20 pm »
There aren't that many players left who are fresh after the Cup Final yesterday. So it is not really an issue. I mean, you'd not playing Konate or Virgil on Wednesday night, that would be insane.

The Premier League is the biggest basket though, it would be the best end of Klopp's reign at Liverpool, to finish as Champions.

Not only that but we finish at Anfield. After Forest, it is 11 games to go. Just 11.

The PL is likely to go to the wire and be decided by officiating and the head to heads.

We play first again at weekend and just need to win that to set up the City match. Beating them doesn't guarantee us the title but it would be a huge boost.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: February 26, 2024, 12:06:29 pm »
if we can have a team of
-----Kelleher
Bradley--Konate--VVD--Robertson
-------Endo
Mac-----Szobo
Salah---Nunez---Diaz
for city that would be great

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #396 on: February 26, 2024, 12:11:54 pm »
I’m fine with playing an inexperienced/fringe side against Southampton. Still desperate to win though!

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #397 on: February 26, 2024, 12:12:49 pm »
Don’t think we’re just fighting against City. Arsenal shouldn’t be dismissed, right now they’re the form team. Despite what we are used to from them (going on long winning runs) City look more likely to drop points. Probably lucky to take all 3 from Bournemouth Saturday.
If we can get Salah, Nunez and Dom back for our game with them. At home with the crowd behind us like yesterday I think we’ll win. If we do then it may be down to their result v Arsenal as to who we end up fighting with.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #398 on: February 26, 2024, 12:38:49 pm »
League > EL > FA Cup in terms of priority for me and hopefully for the team as well. I think we have a very good chance to win the league if we can get some players back from injuries asap but with current injuries, adding more games to our schedule is basically suicide.

Offline Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #399 on: February 26, 2024, 12:43:12 pm »
It's player welfare, right? There's just no way most of them will play from the start against Saints - they wouldn't even if the FA cup was our only other realistic chance of a trophy. Because we can't afford any more injuries and loads of them played over 100 minutes Sunday. I'd expect a few on the bench - but I'd say it'll be a break glass option. It's not prioritising trophies, it's just what these lads bodies can take.
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!