Author Topic: Tickets and Travel FAQ  (Read 197275 times)

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Tickets and Travel FAQ
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2009, 11:22:35 am »
:lmao :lmao

Offline Taylor_LFC

• Whopper who didn't make it to Porto
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2009, 11:23:25 am »
I'm going to bite my tongue otherwise I'll get banned.

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2009, 11:24:55 am »
You can't make it up.

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2009, 01:54:12 pm »
Was worth a shot in asking.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline Annoyed Grunt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2009, 02:49:03 pm »
Was worth a shot in asking.

Did you in all honesty actually think you would get sorted for the two?

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2009, 03:02:32 pm »
Not really no, was a hope more then anything. Actually found someone who's willing to sell theirs but for a lot more then the ticket price. Not sure how that works though.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline Annoyed Grunt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2009, 03:14:17 pm »
Not really no, was a hope more then anything. Actually found someone who's willing to sell theirs but for a lot more then the ticket price. Not sure how that works though.

It's called touting, don't do it.

Offline millsymate

• Anny Roader
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2009, 10:09:58 pm »
:lmao :lmao

Does make ye laff this site sometimes ;D
wont get started on my views.

Offline AJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2009, 09:20:23 am »
I laugh at his misfortune more, becuase he's a bellend anyway.

Offline Shane-o

• Kemlynite
  • English by nature, Scouse by Grace of God
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2009, 04:44:19 pm »
If you get sorted on a postal do you normally get a confirmation email or are the tickets just posted out to you?

I got two tickets for the Blackburn game through a postal and it appears on my purchase history, but never received an email.

Thanks for your help.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2009, 04:49:13 pm »
I don't think I've ever had an email confirmation for a postal being sorted, only for online sales. Just check your purchase history to find out if you've got them.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Shane-o

• Kemlynite
  • English by nature, Scouse by Grace of God
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2009, 05:03:12 pm »
They're on my purchase history so I reckon I'm safe. Thank you for your help.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2009, 04:57:57 pm »
Think this needs a  bit of updating...

I've put some updates here, any corrections etc are welcome! Maybe a kind mod could edit the opening post?

------------------------------------------------------
When will such and such tickets go on sale

Tickets for home league games go on sale usually 2-3 weeks before the match. Tickets go on sale for members first, followed by e-season ticket holders and a general sale after that.

For cup and away games, there's no specific number of days prior to a game. Its just whenever the ticket office say so.

Further details can be found here:
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/tickets/info.htm

-------------------------------------------------------
What's a fancard and how do I get one?

Fancards are used to track ticket purchases, in order to award loyalty points and to help reduce ticket fraud. The club does not issue new fancards anymore. Instead, a new membership scheme called "All Red" has been introduced. When joining the new scheme, you receive a membership card that serves the same purpose of the old fancard.

You MUST have a fancard/mebership card if you wish to apply for European Away matches, or if you want to have any chance of successfully applying for tickets for other loyalty based allocations such as cup games and home League games against Everton and Man Utd.

At this moment in time it's still possible to purchase tickets without a fancard/membership card, but the future of ticket distribution is going to be through these electronic schemes, so if you do want to increase your chances of getting tickets, you should consider joining the new scheme.

Further details can be found here:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/membership/
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/membership/faq.htm
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=245401.0
-------------------------------------------------------

Other useful information, selected from
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/tickets/howtoapply.htm

Anfield ticket prices for the 2009/10 season

Main Stand, Centenary Stand, Paddock Enclosure and Anfield Road    
Cat A: £38.00    Cat B: £36.00,   Over 65: £28.50 / £27.00

Kop Grandstand    
Cat A: £36.00    Cat B: £34.00,  Over 65: £27.00 / £25.50

Combined Adult & Child Anfield Road    Cat A: £57.00    Cat B: £54.00
Please note: There is no Adult & Child seating in the Kop any more.
Family section Anfield Road: (1 Adult + 1 Child) cost as adult ticket plus half-price child ticket.

Disabled and Visually Impaired
Paddock, Anfield Road    £28.50 /   £27.00
Kop    £27.00 /   £25.50
Disabled and Visually Impaired Assistant    £0.00    £0.00

Category A matches:
Arsenal, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City, Manchester United, West Ham United and Tottenham Hotspur

Concessions - Concessionary rates for children are applicable to children aged 16 and under.

Note: reduced prices apply from Bolton fixture

Ticket office opening times

Monday-Friday 8.15 AM - 5.30 PM
Saturday 9.15 AM - 1.00 PM
Sunday Closed

The phone lines open at 8.30am Monday-Friday and 9:15 on a weekend.

Customer Services : 0844 844 2005 (UK) - 00 44 (0) 870 220 2345 (Non UK Only)
Customer Service opening hours are as follows:

Monday to Wednesday - 8:15am to 5:30pm,
Thursday – 10:00am to 5:30pm
Friday – 8:15am to 5:30pm
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 04:59:33 pm by redbyrdz »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2009, 05:41:53 pm »
Suggestions for new FAQs:

How do I buy tickets?

Tickets are sold via phone lines, online sales, postal applications and rarely (and not for league games), window sales. Not all tickets are available by all methods. For further details, check the selling arrangements for the match you want to go to on the club's Latest Ticket News.

You can also read swoopy's post here, but be aware that it relates to last season and some things have changed.: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=185385.0

I live abroad and want to go to my once-in-a-lifetime match at Anfield. How do I get tickets?

Liverpool home matches nearly always sell out and tickets are hard to get. Many locals miss out as well, so please understand that there is not much anyone can do to help you.

Tickets generally go on sale only 2-3 weeks before the match, so you cannot buy a ticket far in advance, which if inconvenient when you have to arrange flights, hotels etc.

Some options available:

* Pick a "low-priority" midweek match, and try your luck on the phones and via postals like everyone else. Obviously, this means that you will only find out about 10 days before the match if you have got tickets.

* Find out if there is an official supporters' club in the country you live in, and contact them if they have any ticket arrangements in place with the club.

* Consider buying a "hospitality package" from the club. This will include a ticket and some "hospitality", for example half-time tea/coffee and access to some "exclusive" bar. Packages are more expensive than just tickets, but can be bought a lot earlier, like at the start of the season. More details can be found here: http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/tickets/hospitality_anfield.htm
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 03:33:28 pm by redbyrdz »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline skinner717

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #54 on: December 7, 2009, 05:28:15 pm »
Do away tickets ever go on general sale? it seems almost impossible to get tickets for away games unless you have a season ticket

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 7, 2009, 07:39:21 pm »
Bolton and Blackburn both have this season, but that's about it usually.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 9, 2009, 10:44:45 pm »
At this moment in time it's still possible to purchase tickets without a fancard/membership card, but the future of ticket distribution is going to be through these electronic schemes, so if you do want to increase your chances of getting tickets, you should consider joining the new scheme.
Just to confirm - so a person w/o a fancard can get a ticket for the Wigan match, which is currently on general sale?

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: December 9, 2009, 11:03:37 pm »
Just to confirm - so a person w/o a fancard can get a ticket for the Wigan match, which is currently on general sale?

Yes...

0844 844 0844 at 8.30am tomorrow

Offline DAVY BOY RED

• Main Stander
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2009, 03:13:04 pm »
Stay in scotland and was wondering what was the best way to purchase tickets for home games .Is there anyway to maxsimise my chances of getting match day tickets.I also have a mates fancard but don't know if this will help me any advice would be welcome thanks

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2009, 03:24:42 pm »
Stay in scotland and was wondering what was the best way to purchase tickets for home games .Is there anyway to maxsimise my chances of getting match day tickets.I also have a mates fancard but don't know if this will help me any advice would be welcome thanks

wigan tikets stil for sale mate.

send in a postal for home games then if you dont succeed try ringing up on phones. Not been too difcult this season
Allez Allez Allez

Offline DAVY BOY RED

• Main Stander
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2009, 03:35:45 pm »
Cheers for that imfo

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2009, 03:44:34 pm »
theres also exchange threads on here mate

There is also online sales as wel as phone and postals

good luck
Allez Allez Allez

Offline sokre_zg

• Boys Pen
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2010, 06:10:02 am »
Hi!

I'm from Croatia and the two of us plan to come on Liverpool's game against Fulham 11/04/2010. Is there any possibility to buy two tickets for Kop?

Thank You

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #63 on: August 7, 2010, 02:53:04 am »
"How do I get on the season ticket waiting list:
Write to the Ticket Office and ask to be put on said list. Include a SAE and ask for confirmation."

Might be a stupid question, but what is an SAE?
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 7, 2010, 11:45:09 am »
"How do I get on the season ticket waiting list:
Write to the Ticket Office and ask to be put on said list. Include a SAE and ask for confirmation."

Might be a stupid question, but what is an SAE?

Stamped addressed envelope - for them to return some sort of confirmation letter to you I suppose.

Offline gordo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2010, 06:35:07 am »
Quick question here as I can't find it anywhere on the official site or on here.

Is there only 1 way to buy a kids ticket to a game? Said way being a dad and a lad (adult/child combined) in the upper anny road.
Or
Can you buy a kids ticket on its own or combined with another kids ticket?
So basically to purchase a child ticket do I have to buy an adult ticket or not?

And also, Does an adult/child combined act as a single credit on 1 fancard or will it be the adult on 1 fancard and a child on the other?

Offline TropicalRed

• Winner of the inaugral RAWK award for the highest number of youtube clips of godawful bands.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2010, 02:21:48 am »
OK...serious question time. I live in Australia and the wife & I will be travelling to the UK next October/November and as a life long Liverpool supporter I wish to attend a game at Anfield. I have been to Anfield before, back in the late 80's and early 90's, it was easy to get into games back then though. What I'm after is some sensible advice on the best way to get tickets to get to see my beloved Liverpool play. I realise that trying to get tickets to see the lads play Everton/Man Utd is not an option for me, and I'm fine with that, I just want to see Liverpool play, anyone I don't care!!
Any advice is much appreciated.
Just a word about my Avatar..I am Liverpool, I have always been Liverpool and I will remain Liverpool until my dying day. Me Mam come's from Hartlepool so this avatar is for my dear old mam!!

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2010, 02:37:20 am »
Hope Hodgson is still manager, I guess. Most games have gone on general sale, sometimes up to the day of the game.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2010, 11:23:54 am »
OK...serious question time. I live in Australia and the wife & I will be travelling to the UK next October/November and as a life long Liverpool supporter I wish to attend a game at Anfield. I have been to Anfield before, back in the late 80's and early 90's, it was easy to get into games back then though. What I'm after is some sensible advice on the best way to get tickets to get to see my beloved Liverpool play. I realise that trying to get tickets to see the lads play Everton/Man Utd is not an option for me, and I'm fine with that, I just want to see Liverpool play, anyone I don't care!!

We should have a Carling Cup or Europa League that you'll get sorted for during that time.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2010, 02:38:55 pm »
Lets be honest, you'll get sorted for any game this isn't Everton/Man United

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 7, 2011, 08:38:13 pm »

Buy an All Red membership in July then you can get the tickets online when they go on sale. Or there's a ticket exchange thread on here you can check if you dont get sorted.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline deanbarber

• Main Stander
« Reply #71 on: June 3, 2013, 04:51:40 pm »
Major Bump

im a 19 year old lad from Aus, wanting to travel to liverpool solely to see my beloved reds play in dec/jan '14.

How should i go about it, as i do not have the slightest clue.

Only way i know (by reading this out of date thread), is to ring up and check up on general admission availability which is no guarantee in itself, so should i buy a 'fan card', or 'membership'. what is the best way to go about it?

thanks.

Offline WizzardontheWing

• Kemlynite
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2013, 12:22:23 pm »
Do away tickets ever go on general sale? it seems almost impossible to get tickets for away games unless you have a season ticket

Just want to confirm on this. I am living in Ireland but a good mate of mine is moving to London. I am interested in getting away tickets to any Liverpool game in London for this season. I have no season ticket no membership no card no nothing. Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do I go about this if it is at all possible. Needless to say I don't see the point of getting a season ticket if I'll only be able to see 2/3 matches per season.

Offline Torben Piechnik is my Dad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #73 on: September 4, 2013, 08:43:06 am »
Firstly there will be no chance of you just picking up a season ticket!

The best way of picking up aways will be to post on the ticket exchange that goes up on here a week before the game, and just hope someone shows their trust in you.

Gav

Offline rvk_1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2013, 03:52:54 pm »
i have a question

i have a fancard and tried to buy 2 tickets yesterday for the southampton game,but it didnt let me buy more than 1. does this only apply for late availability or same for all categories. what should i do to get more than 1 ticket ? TIA

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2013, 05:26:55 pm »
i have a question

i have a fancard and tried to buy 2 tickets yesterday for the southampton game,but it didnt let me buy more than 1. does this only apply for late availability or same for all categories. what should i do to get more than 1 ticket ? TIA
Buy in the general sale
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline rvk_1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2013, 05:52:23 pm »

Offline portRUSHred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2013, 07:35:22 pm »
thanks  :)
you can buy up to 4 in the general sale...... if you are lucky

Offline Old Gregg

• Main Stander
« Reply #78 on: October 9, 2013, 08:27:18 pm »
Hi, been reading RAWK for a long while, but joined up just recently while frantically trying to find ways to get tickets for me and my mates, who got ripped off for the Crystal Palace game. Sorry if wrong place to post or a repetitive question or the like. Anyway, ordered tickets from some dodgy online touters company (I know, I know) and it has worked for us so far (this was our fourth trip to Anfield). We've done so because we come from a long way and we need to book things in advance to not pay crazy amounts for travelling and wouldn't risk simply booking hotels and plane tickets in the hope that we might get something out of general sale - a couple of weeks is just not enough.
But this time we got noted that we won't get our tickets, so tried to join up here the night before the flight for exchange, but too late for that. Eventually got two for a ridiculous amount around The Park for me and my mate (anything to get in now that we were there!).
Anyway, living far off, it is too risky to book things in advance and hope to get tickets from general sale. And as we now found out, even riskier and downright dumb to order from these fraudsters. So are there any suggestions for the likes of us, who try and gather the dough to make this one yearly trip to Anfield to a more 'likely' game (vs relegation battlers or such)? Wouldn't pay membership for just the one trip in a year or two.
Thanks in advance!

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2013, 03:24:42 pm »
Hi, been reading RAWK for a long while, but joined up just recently while frantically trying to find ways to get tickets for me and my mates, who got ripped off for the Crystal Palace game. Sorry if wrong place to post or a repetitive question or the like. Anyway, ordered tickets from some dodgy online touters company (I know, I know) and it has worked for us so far (this was our fourth trip to Anfield). We've done so because we come from a long way and we need to book things in advance to not pay crazy amounts for travelling and wouldn't risk simply booking hotels and plane tickets in the hope that we might get something out of general sale - a couple of weeks is just not enough.
But this time we got noted that we won't get our tickets, so tried to join up here the night before the flight for exchange, but too late for that. Eventually got two for a ridiculous amount around The Park for me and my mate (anything to get in now that we were there!).
Anyway, living far off, it is too risky to book things in advance and hope to get tickets from general sale. And as we now found out, even riskier and downright dumb to order from these fraudsters. So are there any suggestions for the likes of us, who try and gather the dough to make this one yearly trip to Anfield to a more 'likely' game (vs relegation battlers or such)? Wouldn't pay membership for just the one trip in a year or two.
Thanks in advance!

Buy a membership and you will get tickets for games, Fulham and Hull have been on sale for months.
If you are paying several hundred pounds for a flight and hotel I would consider the Thomas Cook option! probably still cheaper than what you ended up paying for the Palace game.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 03:28:20 pm by fy7reds »