Author Topic: Stefan Bajčetić  (Read 180476 times)

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Stefan Bajčetić
« Reply #400 on: January 18, 2023, 11:36:01 am »
Gotta say there's a difference between Damien Plessis screening the back four of a deeper lying compact side away to Arsenal and our set up last night (and in the many other showings we've seen of this fella). This guy can turn out of heavy pressure and break a press, he does it with his body and an ability to let the ball run through or across him too - it's not dribbling - it's the matador stuff that Busquets got lauded for against serious footballers - that midfield last night had people floating around in it like Joao Moutinho, Ruben Neves, Mattheus Nunes (who we're linked with paying £50m for) and he was matching them physically and selling dummies to bypass like it was nothing.

It's physical endurance that's the question mark I reckon because he has height and size and strength already. The technical stuff is all there - his passing is there and you can't help but think he's being conservative for now compared to what we've seen at younger age groups. I think it's fair to be excited cos for me he deserves starts already.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: January 18, 2023, 11:38:40 am »
Just in case it's not been posted.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zDwZnn1VJOw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zDwZnn1VJOw</a>
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 11:55:16 am by royhendo »
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: January 18, 2023, 11:40:27 am »

Matador. I like that.

Spot on Roy, as said, start the lad.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: January 18, 2023, 11:45:59 am »
A lot of comparisons, so let's have a look because he's being compared to a legend isn't he?

This was Sergio Busquets on his debut in 2008.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_tF-qFZVnw

Then the same season up against the fella he replaced in the Spanish team (Senna from Villareal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iad16v1yctk

(Not sure if the videos are working, sorry!)

Busquets is 6 foot 2, Bajcetic is 6 foot 1.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 11:56:19 am by royhendo »

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #404 on: January 18, 2023, 11:49:08 am »
A lot of comparisons, so let's have a look because he's being compared to a legend isn't he?

He has a very similar physique to Busquests too.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #405 on: January 18, 2023, 11:49:32 am »
Really excited about this player and how good is it that we have unearthed a gem at this age too.

Great that he gets to partner with Thiago too; probably no better player for him to learn from as well.

Super excited for the idea that Klopp would partner Stefan with a couple of powerfull young midfielders, forming a brand new trio; fingers crossed.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: January 18, 2023, 11:54:48 am »
he is ready to start from now on imo.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #407 on: January 18, 2023, 12:03:09 pm »

Gotta say there's a difference between Damien Plessis screening the back four of a deeper lying compact side away to Arsenal and our set up last night (and in the many other showings we've seen of this fella). This guy can turn out of heavy pressure and break a press, he does it with his body and an ability to let the ball run through or across him too - it's not dribbling - it's the matador stuff that Busquets got lauded for against serious footballers - that midfield last night had people floating around in it like Joao Moutinho, Ruben Neves, Mattheus Nunes (who we're linked with paying £50m for) and he was matching them physically and selling dummies to bypass like it was nothing.

It's physical endurance that's the question mark I reckon because he has height and size and strength already. The technical stuff is all there - his passing is there and you can't help but think he's being conservative for now compared to what we've seen at younger age groups. I think it's fair to be excited cos for me he deserves starts already.

Spot on I also loved his ability to play the ball around the corner. Something that destroys the press.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #408 on: January 18, 2023, 12:08:12 pm »
Shearer was really impressed, mentioned him quite a lot during the game.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
« Reply #409 on: January 18, 2023, 12:44:44 pm »
Shade of Busquets comes to my mind watching him play last night.

Players like him have something standing out from the average number 6, which is they always look for the forward, vertical progression of the ball, instead of being a sideway merchant. His spatial awareness is already up there with the elites.

Bajcetic is not gonna have the passing level of Busquets (none are, really), but he's already more mobile. He could be the number 6 of Spain for the next ten years. We need to keep him away from Barca.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 12:46:18 pm by PEG2K »

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: January 18, 2023, 12:53:42 pm »
He'll have bad games. He's young and raw.  I hope the people supporting him so much right now are also willing to be patient when he learns the hard way.

He looks a real prospect and it was great to see a player in the middle with a bit of zip and aggression about him.  It's what we've been missing this season.  I hope to see more of him, so long as we don't ruin his development by asking too much too soon.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: January 18, 2023, 12:57:13 pm »
Let’s not put any unnecessary pressure and start comparing him to Busquets.

Because let’s face it, Busquets wishes he was ever as good as Stefan.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: January 18, 2023, 12:59:46 pm »
Shade of Busquets comes to my mind watching him play last night.

Players like him have something standing out from the average number 6, which is they always look for the forward, vertical progression of the ball, instead of being a sideway merchant. His spatial awareness is already up there with the elites.

Bajcetic is not gonna have the passing level of Busquets (none are, really), but he's already more mobile. He could be the number 6 of Spain for the next ten years. We need to keep him away from Barca.

Intelligence and first touch no, passing wise though I’m not sure about that, Bajcetic is capable of them Alonso esque long range passes too.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: January 18, 2023, 01:10:10 pm »
I'm confused, I seem to have witnessed 2 minutes of a Liverpool 6 beating the press and making tackles. I'd forgotten that was possible! Brilliant stuff from him yesterday.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: January 18, 2023, 01:54:49 pm »
Let’s not put any unnecessary pressure and start comparing him to Busquets.

Because let’s face it, Busquets wishes he was ever as good as Stefan.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: January 18, 2023, 01:57:05 pm »
The other thing is whenever we lost the ball or there was a moment where if Wolves played it quickly they might hurt us, he'd pick the ball up and run away or shithouse us back into position. I'm gonna get a sculpture of him done in my back garden.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #416 on: January 18, 2023, 03:01:16 pm »
Should play every other game as we don't want to burn him out.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #417 on: January 18, 2023, 03:23:34 pm »
Knew nothing about this kid until this season. Very impressive I must say - especially last night

Seems like he has a good head on him too which helps. And who better than Thiago to take him under his wing
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #418 on: January 18, 2023, 03:28:00 pm »
The other thing is whenever we lost the ball or there was a moment where if Wolves played it quickly they might hurt us, he'd pick the ball up and run away or shithouse us back into position. I'm gonna get a sculpture of him done in my back garden.

Shithousery in the proper circumstances is huge, an element we've frankly been missing.

Sculpt away...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #419 on: January 18, 2023, 03:51:29 pm »
He’s a real threat from sett pieces.
Bravo sir.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #420 on: January 18, 2023, 04:12:52 pm »
He's been overdue that start. I thought he (or at least Keita) should have started the Leicester game with Fabinho out rather than Elliott come in because Henderson as a 6 isn't going to work now. He might have played the Wolves game at Anfield if he'd been available.

Obviously you can't rest your season on him with games like Real Madrid, Chelsea and a derby coming up over the next few weeks, but he's very much a first team player now and we need to not play that Fabinho/Henderson/Thiago midfield again. It needs to be at least one of Bajcetic and Keita along with Thiago who is still our best midfielder. Then you've got  Jones and Arthur who can come in here and there if he can stay fit for 5 minutes. Gakpo a potential option as well once the forwards I back.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #421 on: January 18, 2023, 04:58:04 pm »
Daft question from old boy department here  :-\

How do you get the squiggles and accents on the lad's surname?  :o
Doesn't matter. Everyone mispronounces his name anyway, so spell it how you want, lol
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #422 on: January 18, 2023, 04:59:46 pm »
Always knew our midfield was a Busquet-case
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #423 on: January 18, 2023, 05:07:08 pm »
Just in case it's not been posted.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zDwZnn1VJOw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zDwZnn1VJOw</a>
Just in case it hasn't been posted.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EIyixC9NsLI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EIyixC9NsLI</a>
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #424 on: January 18, 2023, 05:18:41 pm »
Serbian/Spanish Blood seems the perfect DNA for a defensive midfielder

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #425 on: January 18, 2023, 05:53:27 pm »
Doesn't matter. Everyone mispronounces his name anyway, so spell it how you want, lol

:)

You've just reminded me of the murders I used to have with my Dad who absolutely insisted on calling Steve Heighway 'Hayway'  ;D

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #426 on: January 18, 2023, 07:25:23 pm »
Serbian/Spanish Blood seems the perfect DNA for a defensive midfielder

Hopefully some Croatian affair in there somewhere too...
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: January 18, 2023, 08:41:00 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_tF-qFZVnw

Then the same season up against the fella he replaced in the Spanish team (Senna from Villareal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iad16v1yctk

(Not sure if the videos are working, sorry!)

Busquets is 6 foot 2, Bajcetic is 6 foot 1.
Just FYI Busquets was 20 debuting for Barca and became a basically instant starter since he started for Pep at the B team the year before.
Bajcetic is 18 which is very impressive.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: January 18, 2023, 08:42:20 pm »

Yea the Physical Endurance is 100% a question he was cramping just after 70 minutes, I think he probably can recover enough to play 60ish on Saturday but I think may be smart to just start Fabinho and use him the last 30 minutes or so if needed etc.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #429 on: January 18, 2023, 08:51:11 pm »
Don't think having a bit of cramp is any indicator you're more likely to pick up an injury in a game nearly 4 days later? Would rather he starts and Fabinho comes on for him if he starts to tire.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: January 18, 2023, 08:56:50 pm »
Don't think having a bit of cramp is any indicator you're more likely to pick up an injury in a game nearly 4 days later? Would rather he starts and Fabinho comes on for him if he starts to tire.
No he just haven't been playing PL league Football coming from Youth football, he getting full recovery time but he hasn't done at the PL stage, he not PL fit for 90 which is understandable, how well does he recovery for the next game on shorter then a week rest. He young should be helpful for that but him starting I expect him to having a planned sub 60-70ish.
Club obv working on getting him to PL level fitness, we just don't know where he at on that with recovery etc.
He was Cramping because he was gassed.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #431 on: January 18, 2023, 08:59:41 pm »
  :)

You've just reminded me of the murders I used to have with my Dad who absolutely insisted on calling Steve Heighway 'Hayway'  ;D
Hayway on the wing, we had dreams and songs to sing

I think if when you type his name you hold down your finger on the letters that have squiggles you should get the option of the letter with the relevant squiggle - least it works like that on iPhone

Bajčetić
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 09:03:38 pm by duvva 💅 »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #432 on: January 18, 2023, 09:42:42 pm »
Just FYI Busquets was 20 debuting for Barca and became a basically instant starter since he started for Pep at the B team the year before.
Bajcetic is 18 which is very impressive.
When Alexander of Macedonia was 33, he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer … Stefan is just 18.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #433 on: January 18, 2023, 09:45:32 pm »
When Alexander of Macedonia was 33, he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer....
Never much good at geography, our Alex. Someone should have got him an atlas for his birthday

Stefan is just 18
Dunnit make you feel good? :)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: January 18, 2023, 10:29:59 pm »
Daft question from old boy department here  :-\

How do you get the squiggles and accents on the lad's surname?  :o

When typing the letter 'c' hold the key down and select the option you want. This works for e, y, u, i, o, a, s, l, z, n.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline HARD AS HELL

• Main Stander
  • Hitachi
« Reply #435 on: January 18, 2023, 11:17:36 pm »
Never much good at geography, our Alex. Someone should have got him an atlas for his birthday
Dunnit make you feel good? :)

I'm afraid to say I got that reference

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: January 19, 2023, 06:14:42 am »
Badger has the makings of a complete player. First touch, balance, tackling, physical strength, acceleration, eats up the ground, heads up play, looking to move the ball vertically .   .   .

Much more of an athlete than Busquets, Alonso, etc. He could probably play in any position, but from central mid he can influence the game the most.

Once he fills out and gains more endurance, "sara un mostró", as the Italians say .   .    .
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 07:08:27 am by FLRed67 »

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #437 on: January 19, 2023, 07:03:00 am »
I'm afraid to say I got that reference
It's not the first time I can see GT is making a clever reference that goes way over my head
I suspect GT is a whizz with cryptic crosswords.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #438 on: January 19, 2023, 12:58:22 pm »
It's not the first time I can see GT is making a clever reference that goes way over my head
I suspect GT is a whizz with cryptic crosswords.

He is quite Special
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #439 on: January 19, 2023, 01:58:37 pm »
Hayway on the wing, we had dreams and songs to sing

;D

Reminds me of that commentator on our 65 Cup Final win with the annoying mispronunciation of St John as 'Sinjen'  :butt 

I think if when you type his name you hold down your finger on the letters that have squiggles you should get the option of the letter with the relevant squiggle - least it works like that on iPhone

Bajčetić

When typing the letter 'c' hold the key down and select the option you want. This works for e, y, u, i, o, a, s, l, z, n.

Thank you guys, but I don't use a phone to post on RAWK - I find it extremely difficult & frustrating - always use a PC/Laptop to post.

Have googled it to death, no joy ... best solution I have found is this multilingual keyboard page:

https://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/serbian_latin.htm Bajčetić  :lickin

Pretty good actually for any language - a copy and paste job (as I was advised earlier anyway) - so when we sign our first Cherokee or Inuktikuk player I'll be ahead of the curve  8)