Author Topic: Stefan Bajčetić  (Read 183348 times)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: Stefan Bajčetić
« Reply #480 on: January 21, 2023, 02:41:44 pm »
Hes good enough for PL already. Hes also better than Harvey and Jones already. His understanding of the game is outstanding.

I honestly don’t think he is and I’m a big fan - the game passed him by mostly
We can probably play him against some of the weaker teams but he’s not at a top 4 level yet physically … and he’s not supposed to be he’s 18. Exciting prospect for now

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #481 on: January 21, 2023, 02:43:19 pm »
Hes good enough for PL already. Hes also better than Harvey and Jones already. His understanding of the game is outstanding.

He fits the team more than them two

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #482 on: January 21, 2023, 02:43:21 pm »
And do absolutely nothing with them then get injured again?

As an 8 can’t be much worse than Henderson and Elliott, at the very least he retains the ball and is great under pressure.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: January 21, 2023, 02:43:25 pm »
We can probably play him against some of the weaker teams but he’s not at a top 4 level yet physically … and he’s not supposed to be he’s 18. Exciting prospect for now

He's our best no.6 and our second-best midfielder behind Thiago. The rest are so bad these days.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: January 21, 2023, 02:43:34 pm »
Thought he did quite well all things considered.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: January 21, 2023, 02:43:54 pm »

Agree we need a new DM as soon as possible.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #486 on: January 21, 2023, 02:53:09 pm »
The idea Nettles you?
Ooooh I get that one.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #487 on: January 21, 2023, 03:18:05 pm »
Ooooh I get that one.

Do you have a hungerford Bergerac related puns?

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: January 21, 2023, 03:22:12 pm »
I thought he was one of our better players, tough game that and considering he was carrying a yellow did well.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #489 on: January 21, 2023, 03:24:34 pm »
There was good and bad. Ideally we could just play him in drips and drabs the rest of the year and build him up for next season but at the moment he almost has to play because of there being no real alternatives. Maybe getting an 8 who could play as a 6 this window would have been a good idea instead of another attacker? Huh.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: January 21, 2023, 03:28:01 pm »
For his age, he was very good.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: January 21, 2023, 03:36:45 pm »
The lad is still only a baby, done as well as he could.

Offline WoodenHanger

• Ursine Wanger.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #492 on: January 21, 2023, 03:37:34 pm »
Should start every single possible game between now and the summer.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: January 21, 2023, 03:39:53 pm »
Just needs to bulk up a bit and his condition need to get better as he's gassed after 60 minutes but that will come with time and more games played at this level.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: January 21, 2023, 03:45:11 pm »

I think this might be true but also that he’s a better option than Fabinho anyway. Which is scary.

I’m not sure the defenders and Alison trust him to give him it in deep positions with his back to their goal yet.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: January 21, 2023, 04:57:18 pm »
Keep playing the lad.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: January 21, 2023, 05:24:38 pm »
Yep, he's a bonafide first teamer now.

Jurgen Klopp on Stefan Bajcetic:

“There was a door open and he went straight through it, he’s exceptional. But we have to be a bit careful with him, he’s still young.”

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #497 on: January 21, 2023, 05:25:29 pm »
Still raw but mobile and his work-rate is good. Atleast he was engaging in duels and di win back possession high up the pitch like we used to. Plenty of room to get better. I'd continue to keep playing him as the 6 because at the very least, the midfield does something with him in it instead of just watching the game happen.

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: January 21, 2023, 05:27:15 pm »
Not as good as at Wolves but that was to be expected, he still carried himself well and showed up better than our other options, huge potential.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #499 on: January 21, 2023, 05:29:50 pm »
It's a fantastic experience for him. Getting proper minutes under his belt at the highest level. One of the few positives this season

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
« Reply #500 on: January 21, 2023, 05:30:49 pm »
He wasn't good but wasn't bad.

He has a bright future though. 

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: January 21, 2023, 05:40:08 pm »
https://twitter.com/StatmanDave/status/1616802339339309057

Stefan Bajcetic’s game by numbers vs. Chelsea:

39 touches
7/8 final third passes completed
6 ball recoveries
3/4 long balls completed
2 aerial duels won
2 interceptions
2 key passes
1 big chance created

Impressive performance.

Offline BeingJohnMarkovic

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #502 on: January 21, 2023, 05:56:41 pm »

Yeah I thought he played well, and considering he's only 18 and stepping into a pressure game like that, he did himself proud. Certainly would keep playing him as much as possible, it's not like Fabinho is setting it alight.
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: January 21, 2023, 06:02:59 pm »
Yep, he's a bonafide first teamer now.
Not sure, he’s changed his tune since yesterday when he said “I don’t think we need to be careful with him to be honest” ;D

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: January 21, 2023, 06:23:01 pm »
Did alright, especially since Thiago got him booked earlyish and we let the game be too open at times in the second half. Weren’t cut apart with ease like previous games.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #505 on: January 21, 2023, 06:24:44 pm »
There was good and bad. Ideally we could just play him in drips and drabs the rest of the year and build him up for next season but at the moment he almost has to play because of there being no real alternatives. Maybe getting an 8 who could play as a 6 this window would have been a good idea instead of another attacker? Huh.

You will have to show me the rule where you are only allowed to sign one player per window.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #506 on: January 21, 2023, 06:30:21 pm »

He's in the side on merit but you can’t rest your season on an 18 year old CM. It's not fair on the player either.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
« Reply #507 on: January 21, 2023, 06:30:37 pm »
39 touches kinda confirms the game passes him by, but the other stats show that when he has the ball he uses it well.

It's expected that he has this kind of performance vs Chelsea. They're not doing very well atm but they're no midtable quality when it comes to personell.

One thing for sure Fabinho didn't look an improvement when he came on so Bajcetic should keep his place.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: January 21, 2023, 06:31:37 pm »
You will have to show me the rule where you are only allowed to sign one player per window.

:D

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #509 on: January 21, 2023, 06:46:17 pm »
And do absolutely nothing with them then get injured again?

Indeed, you have to wonder what games some people are watching.

On Bajcetic, I thought he was good today.  Not up against much by comparsion given how shit some of the midfield are playing, but to say he was 18 in a high pressure game, he looked comfortable.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: January 21, 2023, 08:58:19 pm »
What a performance from the lad. He’s 18 years old - world at his feet. Keep playing him in the PL and full pre season under his belt, and we will have an excellent midfielder ready to go start of next season.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: January 21, 2023, 09:06:14 pm »
What a performance from the lad. He’s 18 years old - world at his feet. Keep playing him in the PL and full pre season under his belt, and we will have an excellent midfielder ready to go start of next season.

people don’t realise how difficult it is to be a midfielder for a top club, he’s doing brilliantly

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: January 21, 2023, 09:17:10 pm »
He's in the side on merit but you can’t rest your season on an 18 year old CM. It's not fair on the player either.

I would argue with the league being largely a write off competitively right now, that he can get a lot of minutes in without resting the season in him either. It's a free hit for him to perform for us at the top.

He is currently our best no 6. He isn't currently good enough to be the no 6 we want but he has all the tools to be, but on current form he is the best 6.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: January 21, 2023, 09:21:36 pm »
I would argue with the league being largely a write off competitively right now, that he can get a lot of minutes in without resting the season in him either. It's a free hit for him to perform for us at the top.

He is currently our best no 6. He isn't currently good enough to be the no 6 we want but he has all the tools to be, but on current form he is the best 6.
there 19 League games left and no games for 2 weeks in the league. I dont think the league is a write off. Also Jota/Firmino both are back soon.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: January 21, 2023, 09:31:57 pm »

Yeah, but when it comes to fixtures like Chelsea away/City away/Everton at home/United at home/the Madrid tie (any big FA Cup matches) it's a lot of pressure on a very young lad. You have to manage his minutes.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: January 21, 2023, 09:34:08 pm »
people don’t realise how difficult it is to be a midfielder for a top club, he’s doing brilliantly

Playing as defensive midfielder for us is a monumental job for an 18 year old rookie. I have no idea  how much he can contribute this season but he's a massive talent.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: January 21, 2023, 09:36:54 pm »

People keep forgetting we’re still in the CL..

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: January 21, 2023, 09:38:27 pm »
People keep forgetting we’re still in the CL..

I think most have written off the Madrid tie (they aren't that good though).

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: January 21, 2023, 09:38:55 pm »
Yeah, but when it comes to fixtures like Chelsea away/City away/Everton at home/United at home/the Madrid tie (any big FA Cup matches) it's a lot of pressure on a very young lad. You have to manage his minutes.

That is true but if he is playing well and in the best 3 then he has to play it’s that simple.

He has earned the shirt it’s up to the others to take it off him imo

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: January 21, 2023, 09:39:19 pm »
I think most have written off the Madrid tie (they aren't that good though).

Shame give us a good DM and we have every chance, Madrid aren’t as strong as in previous seasons