Author Topic: Staying put at Anfield  (Read 44893 times)

Offline keswick

• Legacy Fan
Staying put at Anfield
« on: March 19, 2011, 11:55:49 pm »
Rumours are circulating the internet that it has been decided that Liverpool will be staying at Anfield, and it will be redeveloped!

http://www.kopsource.com/kopsource-exclusive-anfield-to-be-redeveloped/

Philteddylfc Phil Collens
 by WeRehashOtherPeoplesNews
I have it on VERY good authority that Liverpool are STAYING AT ANFIELD ... I cant say where from so please dont ask, but we ARE STAYING.

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
Re: Staying put at Anfield
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 11:58:57 pm »
If its true its going to be intresting to see what theyve got planned .
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 12:00:44 am »
If true would that mean we will lose parts of the ground during the coming seasons until it's completed.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 12:02:02 am »
Rumours are circulating the internet that it has been decided that Liverpool will be staying at Anfield, and it will be redeveloped!

http://www.kopsource.com/kopsource-exclusive-anfield-to-be-redeveloped/

by WeRehashOtherPeoplesNews
I have it on VERY good authority that Liverpool are STAYING AT ANFIELD ... I cant say where from so please dont ask, but we ARE STAYING.

i hope you are right mate, if this club left anfield it wouldnt be the same club in my eyes.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 12:03:03 am »

Did he hear it calling in the air tonight?
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 12:06:19 am »
TBF, if Philteddylfc said it on Twitter it must be true.  ???

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 12:06:22 am »
John W Henry back to watch Liverpool and unveil his Anfield plan

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 10:14 PM on 19th March 2011

* Comments (0)
    * Add to My Stories

Liverpool owner John W Henry will watch his side at Sunderland before confirming his long-term ideas.

Henry has torn up his original plans and met interim manager Kenny Dalglish on Friday to discuss how his relationship with director of football strategy, Damien Comolli, could work if the Scot were to be appointed full-time.

Henry's presence at the Stadium of Light will be welcomed by Liverpool fans who have not seen much of him since he bought the club from Tom Hicks and George Gillett in October and who have grown impatient over the delay in talking to Dalglish about becoming permanent manager.

Today's game will be the first time Henry has seen a Liverpool match outside the city. His only previous away game was at Everton, where his team lost 2-0 under previous boss Roy Hodgson.

Shortly after their arrival at Anfield, Henry and his company, the Fenway Sports Group, appointed Comolli to be responsible for transfers, with a coach beneath him being entrusted with first-team affairs.

But Dalglish's arrival in January has lifted the club and Henry realises he should be kept on, even though he will want input into player recruitment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1368013/John-W-Henry-watch-Liverpool-unveil-Anfield-plan.html#ixzz1H5rgh9wi

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 12:06:31 am »
I thought Phil Collins retired? :P

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 12:07:37 am »
60,000. All season tickets guarantee a fixed seat except the Kop where each week you are allotted a seat, but possibly not the same one each game. If you block book for you and ye mates fair do's, if you're late or not enough to get all you precious souls together and you're split up, the tough shit. It will get the Kop back to what it used to be like...well, at least some way there's.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 12:07:48 am »
Ah, the mystery authority is revealed, the Mail on Sundee.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 12:11:25 am »
Ah, the mystery authority is revealed, the Mail on Sundee.

must be true then......
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 12:15:46 am »
There is no chance whatsoever that John Henry and co will build a new stadium and move Liverpool Football Club out of Anfield.

Zip zilch nada.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 12:19:19 am by El Campeador »

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 12:20:28 am »
Anyone caught the last line of this piece of news?

States how John Henry didn't have money to start building a new stadium from scratch when it is well known for quite a while that we'll get bank loans to upgrade Anfield/build a new stadium.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 12:24:08 am »
Anyone caught the last line of this piece of news?

States how John Henry didn't have money to start building a new stadium from scratch when it is well known for quite a while that we'll get bank loans to upgrade Anfield/build a new stadium.

Don't think anyone was going to cough up the money out three own pocket to be fair, It's a fair old sum.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline rappcats

• Kopite
  • *random formation graph*
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 12:26:31 am »
I'm smelling a big investment in the summer, if we want to fill a 60k ground we must have a team that can attract that amout of people.  :)

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 12:27:26 am »
Don't think anyone was going to cough up the money out three own pocket to be fair, It's a fair old sum.
Which is why I suspect the credibility of this article and not our owners.

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 12:36:35 am »
True or not, I support the idea of staying. Anfield and Liverpool at Anfield have much more history than Arsenal had at Highbury in my opinion. Tearing down the famous Kop? No thanks. Upgrade Anfield to 60 000 - 65 000 seats and we will be just fine.

Expand the Anfield Road end, the Main Stand and maybe build a 3rd tier to the Centenary stand if possible.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 12:45:45 am »
If its true its going to be intresting to see what theyve got planned .

Staying at Anfield doesn't mean a increase in capacity.
"When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys,
We'll be coming down the road"

Offline PonderthePoint

• Anny Roader
  • All round the fields..
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 01:03:37 am »
Staying at Anfield doesn't mean a increase in capacity.
Stay or go an increase in capacity is the main thing that will happen to increase match day revenues.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 01:16:46 am »
Not sure how we can possibly expand the current stadium in the way suggested. This was looked at before and the main problems is getting the space to actually expand the stands, and the fact that taking out a whole stand will cripple the incoming revenues, as well as take an age to do.

Not sure what they have up their sleeve, short of having a 45,000 strong workforce to carry out the build over a summer ;)
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline R-L-P_R_I

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 01:18:01 am »
Didn't a big part of Fenway's attempt to increase revenue at the Red Sox, instead of move to a new stadium, involve a hike in ticket prices?

Offline Carra23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 02:00:15 am »
to be honest, I think it was nailed on that NESV would redevelop Anfield rather than build a new stadium.
Sent from my laptop using my fingers to type

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2011, 02:10:11 am »
Gotta redevelop Anfield in my eyes.

What the fuck is Kenny going to touch on his way down the tunnel?

"This Is Kirkby"?

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 02:14:24 am »
Redevelopment is such a better option in my eyes. It's the bigger headache though .
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline ericcsson

• Anny Roader
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 02:14:25 am »
Hope the rumors are true... redeveloping Anfield to increase capacity is surely the best way to go
Stand, Be True

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2011, 02:23:51 am »
I'm betting they will redevelop as well as raise ticket prices.  Unfortunately, Red Sox tickets are amongst the most expensive in baseball. 

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2011, 02:31:29 am »
People shouldn't compare ticket prices in the Red Sox games and decide that ticket prices at the Liverpool games will be the same.Sure a slight increase in ticket prices may follow with the redevelopment of Anfield but to they won't be the same.NESV aren't a stupid bunch and they'll compare the Boston market to the Liverpool market before setting how much prices should be for our home games.

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2011, 02:36:11 am »
Redevelopment is the only option in my eyes, we can't leave Anfield, there's too much history there.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2011, 02:45:37 am »
Redevelopment is the only option in my eyes, we can't leave Anfield, there's too much history there.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline beliverpool

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never Walk Alone !
    • Bobland
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2011, 02:51:42 am »
No place like Anfield, I support Redevelopment.
"Its not about the long ball or the short ball, its about the right ball."

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2011, 02:59:57 am »
Not sure how we can possibly expand the current stadium in the way suggested. This was looked at before and the main problems is getting the space to actually expand the stands, and the fact that taking out a whole stand will cripple the incoming revenues, as well as take an age to do.

Not sure what they have up their sleeve, short of having a 45,000 strong workforce to carry out the build over a summer ;)

Joking aside - would it not be possible to complete a renovation to say the main stand over a summer? - if you had the planning, permits, materials, thousands of workers - not 45k though, etc. ready to go after the last game? I understand an expedited job would be more expensive, but would that expense be more than lost game day revenue?
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2011, 03:03:21 am »
Will the Kop be Redevelopment?

I will dread what the atmosphere will be like if the Kop is out of action for a few months of the season.

But I guess if it's got to be done it has to be done.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2011, 03:07:51 am »
I'm alright with either as long as the number of seats increases upward to around 60,000.  And it would be brilliant if tickets to the kop for instance were cheaper than they currently are.  It would allow the local support especially the young ones to actually watch the team in action.  If the prices of box seats and corporate hospitality were to be increased then I for one wouldn't have a problem with it.  I trust John Henry to make the right decision here because he has already spoken about how Liverpool isn't London and the amount of expendable income is much lower in Liverpool when compared to London.  It fills me up with a bit of hope that he'll make more seats available for cheaper and charge the ones who can afford the luxury for it rather than forcing it on people who much rather didn't. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2011, 03:21:56 am »
There is no chance whatsoever that John Henry and co will build a new stadium and move Liverpool Football Club out of Anfield.

Zip zilch nada.

Your gut feeling? Or because they faced the same scenario when they came in at Boston and decided to redevelop Fenway because there was just too much history there? Just curious because you saw it firsthand living there.
YWNA

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2011, 03:23:54 am »
Spiritual home, i'm glad about this.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2011, 07:50:31 am »
would it be a bad thing if we do stay? There's still room around the ground to develop it, not hemmed in by restrictions
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline minusone

• considered rubbish
  • Legacy Fan
  • Resurrection 2.0
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2011, 07:53:42 am »
We're going to stay.
We're going to redevelop Anfield into a 120,000 seat stadium.
Muammar Qadaffi will still be in power this time next year.
Fired?? He should be shot! With shit, human shit!

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2011, 07:58:22 am »
No surprise, always going to be the preferred option given the Fenway model.

Look forward to hearing the details (timeline, specs etc.) but cautiously optimistic.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2011, 08:01:42 am »
I just hope their idea of redev isnt just the main stand the anny road end.

I'm a ST holder in the Upper Centenary (have been since it opened) and it's next to impossible to get served at half time for food or a beer. Even against Braga when it was half empty and beer wasn't on sale it was still 3 deep as the second half started. If that isn't approved then we will still not maximise revenues.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2011, 08:15:22 am »
would it be a bad thing if we do stay? There's still room around the ground to develop it, not hemmed in by restrictions

Not 100% convinced there is room. All sorts of legal problems to residential properties such as 'right of light' issues.

Would be chuffed to bits if we stop and redevelop. The source sounds dodgy though. At least he's come back now the Tories are back in!