Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara
« Last post by Bread on Today at 02:48:28 pm »
Could make the argument that he's the only player we signed under Klopp who already arrived with a world class reputation, so expectations for him were sky high. Everybody else who later became world class for us was bought on the basis of their potential.
We can get rid of the people though, fuck the whole higher echelons of the PGMOL & all the PL refs off.

Bring in new blood, real professionals who know that they too will get fucked off, if they let their standards slip.

There will be retiring ex pros from the lower leagues who would love a £200k a year salary to train as a ref, I'd happily learn the LOTG and work as a VAR for £200k pa. The final decision is the refs, so for VAR only jobs, you don't need to be fit, you just need someone who understands the laws, knows if what they are seeing contravenes the law and requires a review from the ref and is able to work in a calm manner. There literally hundreds of thousands of people who could do a better job than this lot.
Just think of what Slot is inheriting.
The club have a brand new training ground, probably as good a facility as anywhere in Europe.
The club has uprgraded the stadium significantly in recent years.
So 2 massive money drains already sorted, and nothing he’ll have to contend with during his time here.
A squad with a strong core of established players, however people like to downplay some of them! And a group of very talented young players already in the first team, or on the edges.

Whereas Klopp took over a club that needed a mental rebuild as well as a physical one, Slot takes over a club that is in a good place, and just needs a few tweeks.

The biggest questions in the summer I suspect will be contract talks and will they / won’t they stay for 2 or 3 players.

But otherwise he should be able to hit the ground running.

PGMOL is a closed shop. It's not a meritocracy. If refs were demoted/promoted for performance like they used to be, I think you'd see an improvement in the quality of officiating.

Is why it should be swept clean, it has always been an old boys club. I wouldn't mind that so much if they weren't all so fucking gash at their jobs & open to "legal" bribery.
Anfield Stadium / Re: Anfield Road Extension
« Last post by emitime on Today at 02:43:29 pm »
Going by the plans it's completed, but you're right, it's hard to imagine they're not going to improve it somehow given the extra space.
Was that in response to the stories that Liverpool are supposedly interested in Gordon, or just them being generally odious anyway?
I would say the latter......odious, obsessed and jealous
We can get rid of the people though, fuck the whole higher echelons of the PGMOL & all the PL refs off.

Bring in new blood, real professionals who know that they too will get fucked off, if they let their standards slip.

PGMOL is a closed shop. It's not a meritocracy. If refs were demoted/promoted for performance like they used to be, I think you'd see an improvement in the quality of officiating.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara
« Last post by Samie on Today at 02:40:12 pm »
Fantastic player, shame he couldn't stay fit  long enough.

Goodbye and goodluck Thiago.
General Football and Sport / Re: Boxing thread
« Last post by Barneylfc∗ on Today at 02:39:54 pm »
Breaking the law is still immoral. It was meant to be light hearted anyway.

Some laws are immoral themselves.

Stinging people for £200 a month then making them pay £25 or £30 on top to watch a fight is more immoral in my view than paying someone £60 a year to watch TV.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Joël Matip (Job Joël André Matip)
« Last post by Samie on Today at 02:38:43 pm »
What a legend of the club. Goodbye Joel.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10