Author Topic: Incident at Manchester Arena  (Read 75917 times)

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Incident at Manchester Arena
« Reply #400 on: May 23, 2017, 04:06:30 pm »
That just giving campaign is up to £265,348

The show of support is boss and the amount of care shown by real people is heartbreaking in a GOOD way  :)

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/westandtogethermanchester

Ta for the link. Wasn't able to put much in but hopefully it will help. Thoughts are with family and friends of those involved.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #401 on: May 23, 2017, 04:17:25 pm »
Getting way off track again.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #402 on: May 23, 2017, 04:40:44 pm »
I didn't see any of the news last night, first I knew about it was on twitter when I woke up this morning. I was half asleep and thought it was a movie or something. I still can't believe its happened.
I've got 3 girls and we've been to MEN and echo arena many times, few weeks ago my eldest went with her friend and friends older sister to the vamps at the echo - first one she'd be to without me or her mum, can't stop thinking that it could have been one of my girls.
the stories of friends and family looking for each other last night is heart breaking.

heart goes out to everyone involved,

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #403 on: May 23, 2017, 05:33:01 pm »
Saw this in Chester, boss.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: May 23, 2017, 05:50:16 pm »
I'm going to split the wider discussion into a separate thread. I still don't understand why people have to go over the same old ground again after each of these events while there are still people fighting for their lives and the dead are still unburied, but as people can't help themselves I'll keep this for news about the attacks and thoughts of the dead, the injured and everyone affected.

Open again in a few minutes.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: May 23, 2017, 06:12:19 pm »
I've split out three pages of posts and created a new thread here:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=335622.msg15352926#msg15352926

It was really depressing to see three pages of posts talking about the same old stuff and just a handful of posts offering condolences or linking to the justgiving page.

This thread is for news, condolences and other information directly related to the Manchester attack.

Thanks

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: May 23, 2017, 06:23:56 pm »
When you read about a place you've been through, with family members the same age, you visualise a much more vivid picture in your head of the atrocities that can taken place.  But for me it's just supposition.  People have lived it.  Tasted the smell in the air.  Felt the fear course through their body.

I can't relate to that level of things.  I hope I never have to, with a little boy nearly one year old it's something he's thankfully too young to understand, but it's something that makes me appreciate him that little bit more.

For those who've passed away, RIP.  For those wounded and those with mental scarring, stay strong and fight.  The good in the world is with you all.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #408 on: May 23, 2017, 06:25:19 pm »
My heart really goes out to the family and friends of all those caught up in this cowardly attack

Heard a story on the Jeremy Vine programme earlier from a man who's wife and daughter were supposed to be seeing Ariana Grande at the MEN tonight.  His wife had bought the tickets and entered onto their calendar Tuesday.  He looked at the tickets earlier and they were actually scheduled to be there on the night of the attack.  His wife, who never does that got the dates wrong!

RIP to all those lost and thoughts with those left behind, parents without children, children without parents and those injured
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #409 on: May 23, 2017, 06:28:07 pm »
What a ghastly day. RIP.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #410 on: May 23, 2017, 06:30:51 pm »
Have today had three shaken children in my classroom having attended the concert. They had not witnessed anything and left by a different exit. When the dust settles, though, there will be 18,000 or so people left with so many haunting thoughts of "it could have been me". Many of these are kids, and there will be a huge range of psychological issues to deal with in schools across the region for months and years to come.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #411 on: May 23, 2017, 06:36:49 pm »
£500,000 Target reached already, but keep giving if you can

However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #412 on: May 23, 2017, 06:44:29 pm »
Have today had three shaken children in my classroom having attended the concert. They had not witnessed anything and left by a different exit. When the dust settles, though, there will be 18,000 or so people left with so many haunting thoughts of "it could have been me". Many of these are kids, and there will be a huge range of psychological issues to deal with in schools across the region for months and years to come.

There are still people in Manchester recovering from the IRA attack. They will certainly need help.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: May 23, 2017, 06:57:34 pm »
Has anything been released about the attacker's movements in the past few months/years? Whilst the ideology and all that is dicussed this still is a criminal investigation and maybe there is certain movements that have occurred in attacks where the planning seems more sophisticated?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: May 23, 2017, 06:58:39 pm »
£500,000 Target reached already, but keep giving if you can

I've spammed this all night and all day and it's worth it :)

The amount keeps changing - IT'S NOT A FIXED AMOUNT

I'd personally gauge it as give as much as you love!

It's an easy way to see the love, support and righteous outrage in one place.

But the outpouring of generosity is incredible.

I feel lucky I'm not affected. Least I can do is pay that back

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: May 23, 2017, 07:24:13 pm »
Andy Burnham has been brilliant
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: May 23, 2017, 07:26:39 pm »
Manchester knew the City was going to be hit eventually, I fully expected it to happen at the Trafford Centre or Old Trafford. Not for one minute did I think they'd hit a place with loads of kids. My eldest is 8 and to think someone would want to murder him is just unthinkable, it's heartbreaking to think of those who were killed and injured and their poor families.

Something like this affects everyone. Example I've experienced today, going back to my car tonight I've had to walk past Old Trafford as I park in a car park there. I know one of the lads on security, he had to stop and search me and scan with a detector. The mood is so sombre and you can see the staff are worried,Utd know full well they are a target and the staff know too.

Everyone is pulling together, regardless of nationality or faith, taxi's were running people for free, taxi's from Liverpool came across to take people back, local homes took people in. These evil scum will never win.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: May 23, 2017, 07:26:56 pm »
This is utterly, utterly tragic and utterly, utterly horrific. My heartfelt condolences go out to anyone caught up in this attack in anyway.

Let's (vainly) hope it doesn't lead to any further terrorist atrocities or wider inter-community discord and distrust. The more they divide us, the more they win and will we let them win? No we fucking won't.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #418 on: May 23, 2017, 07:27:01 pm »
No idea how many were at the vigil. Thousands. They'd parked tv vans across Albert square and people were piled behind them too. Got chatting with a Polish journo (did an interview with me), he said he was amazed city wasn't more somber and people were out in the streets. Said it took him a few hours to figure out that this was somber for Manchester, and people were out to show defiance and to take strength from each other.

Thoughts with those families up at the Etihad.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline NCrawley

• Kopite
« Reply #419 on: May 23, 2017, 07:30:55 pm »
Just found out that the young 8 year old girl that lost her life Saffie Rose is the sister of an old school friends cousin, so so sad. 😥 Thoughts with everyone affected

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: May 23, 2017, 07:32:59 pm »
I know one of the lads on security, he had to stop and search me and scan with a detector.

Is this normal procedure or has it been brought in since last night?
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #421 on: May 23, 2017, 07:34:53 pm »
Must be incredibly difficult. The sense of guilt for them will be palpable..

Bad enough for the kids in my class, we discussed it and they realized that it could so easily have been them.  It was a very moving moment in many ways.  Youth is impetuous, sometimes foolhardy, but the innocence of youth is one of the joys of my job. That was shattered today, shattered for reasons that are beyond normal comprehension.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: May 23, 2017, 08:08:02 pm »
How to talk to children about terrorist attacks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-40011787

If you haven't seen this yet, i hope it helps

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #423 on: May 23, 2017, 08:21:36 pm »
Transcends absolutely everything. Heart goes out to everyone in Manchester and the surrounding areas. Utterly dispicable.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: May 23, 2017, 08:32:06 pm »
Felt awful today, I work in Manchester and the mood was just so solemn this morning arriving in, I couldn't stop thinking about it all day, from the moment I woke up and saw the news, on the drive in and throughout the day. Utterly senseless. It really hits harder when it's so close to home and realising we have the Courteeners gig in Manchester on Saturday aswell, it makes you think, "what if".

I'm surprised/shocked that people are still looking for families member that are missing, still no news after nearly 24 hours must be awful for the families.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 08:37:48 pm by Bunter »

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #425 on: May 23, 2017, 08:53:38 pm »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #426 on: May 23, 2017, 08:54:20 pm »
The murderer has formally been identified by British police.

The man who murdered 22 people and injured 59 others has been named as Salman Ramadan Abedi, a Mancunian of Libyan descent.

Police confirmed the 22-year-old’s identity after officials in the United States passed it to news reporters, apparently against the wishes of the British police and security services.

Abedi was known to the security services but was not part of any active investigation or regarded as a high risk. He was viewed as a peripheral figure in much the same way as the Westminister attacker, Khalid Masood.

The police and security services are trying to establish whether he worked alone or was part of a wider network that helped him with the bomb. Although Islamic State has claimed responsibility, the police have found no evidence to support this.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/23/manchester-arena-attacker-named-salman-abedi-suicide-attack-ariana-grande
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #427 on: May 23, 2017, 08:54:54 pm »

Oh goodness how dreadful... heart breaking...just heart breaking
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #428 on: May 23, 2017, 08:57:53 pm »

I'm surprised/shocked that people are still looking for families member that are missing, still no news after nearly 24 hours must be awful for the families.

Skynews said one girl got in contact with her family tonight she was in surgery and rang at the first chance she had.

so there is still hope for some people.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: May 23, 2017, 09:02:07 pm »
The murderer has formally been identified by British police.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/23/manchester-arena-attacker-named-salman-abedi-suicide-attack-ariana-grande

Read the full thing guys.
Even before Abedi was named, several members of south Manchester’s Libyan community wondered whether the suicide bomber was one of their own: perhaps one of the young men who had fought in Libya during the 2011 revolution, some of whom came home traumatised and angry.

But none appear to have suspected that British-born Abedi – a slightly withdrawn, devout young man, always respectful to his elders – would become a mass murderer.

“Salman? I’m astonished by this,” one member of Manchester’s Libyan community told the Guardian. “He was such a quiet boy, always very respectful towards me. His brother Ismail is outgoing, but Salman was very quiet. He is such an unlikely person to have done this.”

Salman and his brother Ismail worshipped at Didsbury mosque, where their father, who is known as Abu Ismail within the community, is a well-known figure. “He used to do the five and call the adhan. He has an absolutely beautiful voice. And his boys learned the Qur’an by heart.

“Abu Ismail will be terribly distraught. He was always very confrontational with jihadi ideology, and this Isis thing isn’t even jihad, it’s criminality. The family will be devastated.”

Abu Ismail Abedi, who worked as an odd-job man in Manchester, is thought to be in Tripoli. His wife, Samia, is thought to be in Manchester. The couple are believed to have another son, Hashem, and a daughter, Jomana.

“Abu Ismail comes and goes between here and there,” the family friend said. “I can’t believe [Salman Abedi] would have been radicalised in Tripoli. All those types have been driven out of the city. It must have happened here.

“But what was he doing, murdering all those people. There must have been somebody influencing him. It’s terrible. He was off his head.”

Etc. It's quite in depth.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: May 23, 2017, 09:02:51 pm »
Skynews said one girl got in contact with her family tonight she was in surgery and rang at the first chance she had.

so there is still hope for some people.
Imagine the relief for the parents, hell of a thing to go through.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: May 23, 2017, 09:05:19 pm »
The attacker was a Manc. He did that to his own city. He went and attacked a concert that must have had people in it that he knew, neighbours, ex schoolmates. Just why.

I work in Manchester, it was very quiet in work today. Lots must have stayed at home if they could.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: May 23, 2017, 09:08:00 pm »
Is this normal procedure or has it been brought in since last night?

Brought in this morning. Its the concourse outside the away end, where the club shop is. Usually people just mill about and cyclists ride across on their way to/from work. Today, they were stopping everybody, scanning people, bikes the lot. I had to empty my rucksack. It wasn't being done first thing, I walked right around the stadium, couldn't go through the Munich tunnel so stopped to speak to security where the dressing rooms are to check which way to go and never got stopped once.

I park in E2 car park, both that and N1 ( the one where the Fergie stand is) were closed to everyone except club staff, we were all told to park in N3 which is well away from the ground. Match days we are allowed to park as normal, the rest of the public aren't, but the cars get searched and checked with mirrors for car bombs - that was only brought in within the last 12 months.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #433 on: May 23, 2017, 09:23:06 pm »
Morrissey's statement on this...

'Celebrating my birthday in Manchester as news of the Manchester Arena bomb broke. The anger is monumental.
For what reason will this ever stop?
Theresa May says such attacks "will not break us", but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues. Also, "will not break us" means that the tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken - thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says "London is united with Manchester", but he does not condemn Islamic State - who have claimed responsibility for the bomb. The Queen receives absurd praise for her 'strong words' against the attack, yet she does not cancel today's garden party at Buckingham Palace - for which no criticism is allowed in the Britain of free press. Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an "extremist". An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?
In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private. Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims. How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.
Morrissey
23 May 2017.'

fuck
off
you
fucking
wanker
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #434 on: May 23, 2017, 09:26:25 pm »

'Celebrating my birthday in Manchester as news of the Manchester Arena bomb broke. The anger is monumental.
Theresa May says such attacks "will not break us", but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues. Also, "will not break us" means that the tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken - thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says "London is united with Manchester", but he does not condemn Islamic State - who have claimed responsibility for the bomb. The Queen receives absurd praise for her 'strong words' against the attack, yet she does not cancel today's garden party at Buckingham Palace - for which no criticism is allowed in the Britain of free press. Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an "extremist". An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?
In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private. Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims. How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.
Morrissey
23 May 2017.'

fuck
off
you
fucking
wanker
Can never understand the cold, unfeeling mentality of those who use heartbreaking tragedy to further bolster their own political self-satisfaction. Such callous, uncaring selfishness is not normal.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #435 on: May 23, 2017, 09:27:30 pm »

Trada, have you got a link to that persons twitter account ta?

It's just that there's something a bit odd about that, and their are some people doing some very strange attention seeking behaviour things today.

It just seems a bit of a peculiar career progression to have jumped from being a paramedic to becoming a Paediatric Surgeon (that's an awful of lot of training and qualifications required) and I can unfortunately find no reference to a Jay Saunders on the GMC registered doctors list nor on Google as a Doctor here in the UK, and also a Medical professional would say Pronounced dead, not Announced.

While the story is undoubtedly touching, I'd just like some verification to be comfortable with it.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #436 on: May 23, 2017, 09:33:55 pm »

Morrissey
23 May 2017.'

fuck
off
you
fucking
wanker

Aye, politicians are never the victims. ::)

It's only last year that one of them was murdered by an extremist for fucks sake.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #437 on: May 23, 2017, 09:35:27 pm »
It may feel like it, but it isn't.

We have a small number of extremist sub-groups of religions who are intent on making us feel small and victimised and alone. Yet the reaction to last night's mindless violence shows us exactly the opposite. At the very core of British society is a warmth and a generosity and a togetherness in times of crisis that we should all be incredibly proud of.

That there is such largely harmonious integration of religion, race, sexuality and political preference in this country is huge testament to the majority of the general public, and something we forget and thus fail to celebrate as often as we should.

The very best - and currently most vital - retaliation to this atrocity, is to go out and celebrate that togetherness and drink in the culture and sights and sounds in this country that is not the exception, but indeed the norm.

This and proud to endorse this.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #438 on: May 23, 2017, 09:36:26 pm »
Trada, have you got a link to that persons twitter account ta?

It's just that there's something a bit odd about that, and their are some people doing some very strange attention seeking behaviour things today.

It just seems a bit of a peculiar career progression to have jumped from being a paramedic to becoming a Paediatric Surgeon (that's an awful of lot of training and qualifications required) and I can unfortunately find no reference to a Jay Saunders on the GMC registered doctors list nor on Google as a Doctor here in the UK, and also a Medical professional would say Pronounced dead, not Announced.

While the story is undoubtedly touching, I'd just like some verification to be comfortable with it.

No its just going around on twitter.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 09:45:14 pm by Trada »

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #439 on: May 23, 2017, 09:39:23 pm »
No its just going around on twitter.

Well I'd be careful then, as it may be nonsense.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)