Poll

I swear that I will pay true allegiance to Your Majesty, and to your heirs and successors according to law. So help me God

I shall say this humbly and with all my heart! God Save the King!
I shall mumble this somewhat
Meh
Not too happy about this
What a load of shite
I like Cheese, but not Royal Cheese. Royal cheese sucks ass!

Author Topic: The Monarchy*  (Read 189370 times)

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
Re: The Monarchy
« Reply #280 on: September 8, 2022, 03:03:49 pm »
Will everywhere be shut saturday if shes announced dead today/tomorrow?

Have family flying over to go the Wolves game with me Saturday and if the games cancelled I guess we can still go out and do something but if everything is shut... ffs.

Fucking hope not. Got a Just Eat gift card I was planning to use on Saturday night.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: September 8, 2022, 03:03:55 pm »
I just don't get it I'm afraid. I have zero affinity to a family (which includes her) of privilege of wealth assigned at birth. They don't represent me or the majority of the people who live in this area and I think they appear more and more antiquated when you see the absolute state of the country and the good causes their wealth could be used towards. The most I could possibly muster is an apathetic shoulder shrug and that's pushing it.

I get you, that’s fair enough I agree with that on a general level. As I say my sentiment is more about her rather than the monarchy as a whole.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #282 on: September 8, 2022, 03:06:37 pm »
There are ten days of mourning with the only two days off work likely to be the funeral and subsequent coronation.

Knowing the Tory c*nts and their 'Victorian millowner' mentality, they'll probably make sure both are held on a weekend.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #283 on: September 8, 2022, 03:06:38 pm »
Just turned on the tele.
BBC news Saint
“The queen is said to be comfortable and resting”
Like it’s news or something
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: September 8, 2022, 03:06:56 pm »
Fucking hope not. Got a Just Eat gift card I was planning to use on Saturday night.
;D

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #285 on: September 8, 2022, 03:08:09 pm »
Bring the body back to London perhaps.
That big London Bridge article in the Guardian a few years back said that if she dies at Balmoral, she'll be taken to Hollyroodhouse and then some cathedral in Edinburgh for lying in state before being transported to London. (By train, apparently).
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: September 8, 2022, 03:09:07 pm »
That big London Bridge article in the Guardian a few years back said that if she dies at Balmoral, she'll be taken to Hollyroodhouse and then some cathedral in Edinburgh for lying in state before being transported to London. (By train, apparently).

Presumably St Giles Cathedral

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #287 on: September 8, 2022, 03:09:37 pm »
Presumably St Giles Cathedral
That sounds familiar all right.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #288 on: September 8, 2022, 03:11:03 pm »
I'll take it we're holding off on a pre match thread for Wolves for now then?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #289 on: September 8, 2022, 03:11:13 pm »
Could be getting Harry there.

I think she's suffering enough
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #290 on: September 8, 2022, 03:11:53 pm »
Just turned on the tele.
BBC news Saint
“The queen is said to be comfortable and resting”
Like it’s news or something

I think it's pretty much code for it's the end. The fact that the BBC have suspended all usual programming suggests they know and are preparing for the announcement.

I could of course be talking utter shite as usual
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: September 8, 2022, 03:12:21 pm »
You serious?  Majority of us boo the national anthem. Why would the forum be closed?

Or a good attempt at fishing.
I expect you were whooshed there. ;)
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: September 8, 2022, 03:13:02 pm »
So when does the “it’s happening” gif get posted?
It doesn't.
The tone of this thread is absolutely fine, there's been some amusing stuff posted. But, even though there'll be very few royalists amongst us this site won't be celebrating the Queens death.
When it occurs one of the Mods will post a collective statement.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: September 8, 2022, 03:13:03 pm »
The postbox across from my house with GR on it won't need modernized now then.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: September 8, 2022, 03:13:47 pm »
So, what are the plans? Close the forum for two weeks as a mark of respect?

Close half time threads permanently. Anything else would be disrespectful to the Queen.

Online spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: September 8, 2022, 03:14:21 pm »
Bet the joke about Truss and Boris releasing a single Killer Queen already been done!

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: September 8, 2022, 03:15:42 pm »
Bet the joke about Truss and Boris releasing a single Killer Queen already been done!
has now. i give it 6/10, with most points for the quality of execution!

Online bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: September 8, 2022, 03:15:48 pm »
Liz truss must have skin like a poison dart frog.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: September 8, 2022, 03:16:56 pm »
I get you, that’s fair enough I agree with that on a general level. As I say my sentiment is more about her rather than the monarchy as a whole.

Yeah, I don't see it as a black and white issue.

The Queen has turned a blind eye to some dark shit, and her "hands off" policy has allowed governments to repeatedly inflict great suffering on her subjects. On the flip side, she's dedicated her life to public service, always seemed about as down to earth as one could reasonably expect from a monarch, and has arguably made a bigger contribution to the good of the nation than any of the political pygmies that have passed themselves off as UK leaders in the past 20-30 years.

My main hope is that a new monarch will take back some of the authority that is his by right and start fucking the government's shit up.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: September 8, 2022, 03:17:21 pm »
As much as the Monarchy is a weird relic of an institution - this is a seizemic moment for this country I think and its reckoning with what it actually is.

The vast majority of people have never known anything different than the Queen. Her first Prime Minister was born in the mid-19th century. She's the direct and living link to what some would call the countries "former glories" - the war generation, the empire, being (one of) the most powerful nation on earth. The delusions of granduer the country have are supported and sustained by having the most famous person in the world as the head of state. That's gone and the link with history is severed.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: September 8, 2022, 03:18:23 pm »
My main hope is that a new monarch will take back some of the authority that is his by right and start fucking the government's shit up.

I think that was the mindset that led to Charles I downfall...

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #301 on: September 8, 2022, 03:18:24 pm »
I expect you were whooshed there. ;)

Hence the good attempt at fishing line 😂

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: September 8, 2022, 03:18:54 pm »
Liz truss must have skin like a poison dart frog.
nothing on the guy with the kgb connections?

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #303 on: September 8, 2022, 03:19:29 pm »

Knowing the Tory c*nts and their 'Victorian millowner' mentality, they'll probably make sure both are held on a weekend.

just like Dianas
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: September 8, 2022, 03:21:54 pm »
Completely tired already of try-hards attempting to out-edge each other and tell the world how much they don’t care, as well as the weird Royalists and incessant coverage and over the top grief that’s going to emerge. Anyone else?

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #305 on: September 8, 2022, 03:22:41 pm »
Is apathy all right by you?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: September 8, 2022, 03:23:00 pm »
Completely tired already of try-hards attempting to out-edge each other and tell the world how much they don’t care, as well as the weird Royalists and incessant coverage and over the top grief that’s going to emerge. Anyone else?

I am the same, both 'sides' going to the extreme to prove how much they care/don't care.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: September 8, 2022, 03:23:28 pm »
Hence the good attempt at fishing line
Yeah. Often hard to tell. Sometimes described as Poe's Law. I'd say the proposition that RAWK should close for two weeks as a mark of respect qualifies as an 'extreme view'. :)
« Last Edit: September 8, 2022, 03:24:59 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #308 on: September 8, 2022, 03:25:00 pm »
Yeah. Often hard to tell. Sometimes described as Poe's Law. I'd say the proposition that RAWK should close for two weeks as a mark of respect qualifies as 'extreme'. :)

Learn something new every day. Never heard of Poe’s Law.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: September 8, 2022, 03:26:15 pm »
Yeah, I don't see it as a black and white issue.

The Queen has turned a blind eye to some dark shit, and her "hands off" policy has allowed governments to repeatedly inflict great suffering on her subjects. On the flip side, she's dedicated her life to public service, always seemed about as down to earth as one could reasonably expect from a monarch, and has arguably made a bigger contribution to the good of the nation than any of the political pygmies that have passed themselves off as UK leaders in the past 20-30 years.

You hope an unelected hereditary monarchy takes back some authority and fucks with the quasi-democratically elected government? Jesus.

My realistic hope for the future of the monarchy would be that they are stripped of any and all constitutional powers and privileges and that our contitution is re-written to effectively become a republic. It'll never happen though.

As for the Queen, regardless of anyone's view of her and the whole system, it's a seismic event in this country, I think. Most of us have never known a life without her kipper on a banknote. It will bring scrutiny and question to the role of the monarchy in this country (hopefully) and it will have an impact on the commonwealth (again, hopefully).

Hopefully the beginning of the end of the circus.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #310 on: September 8, 2022, 03:26:17 pm »
I'll take it we're holding off on a pre match thread for Wolves for now then?
Out of respect for James Milner, who was alive the last time a monarch died.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: September 8, 2022, 03:26:25 pm »

Yeah, I can hear thousands of tweets being pre-planned as I type, plus so many desperate people with their finger on the trigger ready to break the news first.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #312 on: September 8, 2022, 03:26:53 pm »
Null and void the season. Everton fans must agree, they haven't won yet.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: September 8, 2022, 03:27:17 pm »
Hope she lasts until Sunday night at least, week off to mourn?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #314 on: September 8, 2022, 03:29:41 pm »
As much as the Monarchy is a weird relic of an institution - this is a seizemic moment for this country I think and its reckoning with what it actually is.

The vast majority of people have never known anything different than the Queen. Her first Prime Minister was born in the mid-19th century. She's the direct and living link to what some would call the countries "former glories" - the war generation, the empire, being (one of) the most powerful nation on earth. The delusions of granduer the country have are supported and sustained by having the most famous person in the world as the head of state. That's gone and the link with history is severed.

Once the Queen has gone the unquestioning support for the monarchy goes with it from the cap doffers. The Queen was/is the last link to an age that no longer exists.

Plus even a lot of Royal haters at least respect the Queen.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: September 8, 2022, 03:30:09 pm »
Makes me laugh that facing her final mortal days she chose to spend them in Scotland and not Mingland.
Have that gammons!

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: September 8, 2022, 03:34:16 pm »

Charles won't change a thing. He's already tacitly agreed to keep his trap shut on issues of public interest in return for the right wing press laying off Camilla. I'd be amazed if he lasts more than a few years (not unlike Queen Victoria's successor) and he'll be heavily advised to involve William more and more as they aren't daft enough not to realise that he is the only royal figure who commands any respect after the Queen.

All of this will be a godsend to Truss. Scrutiny of her energy tax shelved for a week or more of mourning while she masquerades as a leading world figure. The Mail will then tell us how she handled it all with great dignity and how it's our duty to give her another 5 year term rather than risk our future with child-eating socialists.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: September 8, 2022, 03:35:22 pm »
I think it's pretty much code for it's the end. The fact that the BBC have suspended all usual programming suggests they know and are preparing for the announcement.

I could of course be talking utter shite as usual

Yeah, if she recovers the Beeb will look a right gang of vultures. There's a whole operation for the Queen's death, and I think this phase is about preparing the country for the inevitable. I reckon the BBC and other media outlets have been given a head's up by the Queen's secretary.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: September 8, 2022, 03:36:37 pm »

Charles won't change a thing. He's already tacitly agreed to keep his trap shut on issues of public interest in return for the right wing press laying off Camilla. I'd be amazed if he lasts more than a few years (not unlike Queen Victoria's successor) and he'll be heavily advised to involve William more and more as they aren't daft enough not to realise that he is the only royal figure who commands any respect after the Queen.

All of this will be a godsend to Truss. Scrutiny of her energy tax shelved for a week or more of mourning while she masquerades as a leading world figure. The Mail will then tell us how she handled it all with great dignity and how it's our duty to give her another 5 year term rather than risk our future with child-eating socialists.

But hes already spoken out about Rwanda.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #319 on: September 8, 2022, 03:38:07 pm »
Edinburgh is going to be a feckin circus if she does pass at Balmoral. Will make the festival look like a quiet day out. Never realised until today that we get the "privilege" of holding the funeral.

On the bright side we won't have to play Rangers which goes into forty days of mourning I understand.