Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
News and Current Affairs / Re: Labour Thread * No Gaza *
« Last post by filopastry on Today at 02:59:40 pm »
I think he is just making sure he is getting his face out there and making sure that the general public associate Labour with the idea of fixing the things that are concerning them the most at the moment and which the Tories have completely failed to do.

The Lib Dems/Greens may well have plenty of policies that are more attractive/radical but won't get anywhere with them because they haven't found a way to get through to the wider public rather than just the politically engaged minority.

The real proof will start to come later this year with the full manifesto and then obviously with their record in government. It seems a bit premature to be complaining at this point about stuff like this. Are you expecting him to come into government and then do an about turn and try to destabilise the economy, increase NHS waiting lists and encourage ASB?

Exactly
'Premier League chief executive Richard Masters will attend Arsenal vs. Everton on Sunday. This means Masters will avoid the scenario of again presenting #MCFC with the #PL trophy when they have been charged with 115 breaches of financial fair play rules.' - https://twitter.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1791090160957862281

'Premier League CEO Richard Masters to attend Arsenal vs Everton on final day of the season':-

www.nytimes.com/athletic/5498485/2024/05/16/richard-masters-arsenal - or in full & free, here: https://archive.ph/anC5S

How can he present city with a title Arsenal will win anyway ;)

'Premier League chief executive Richard Masters will attend Arsenal vs. Everton on Sunday. This means Masters will avoid the scenario of again presenting #MCFC with the #PL trophy when they have been charged with 115 breaches of financial fair play rules.' - https://twitter.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1791090160957862281

'Premier League CEO Richard Masters to attend Arsenal vs Everton on final day of the season':-

www.nytimes.com/athletic/5498485/2024/05/16/richard-masters-arsenal - or in full & free, here: https://archive.ph/anC5S

Someone inside the club told him to throw the game, thats why he looks shell shocked .
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jurgen Klopp For Ever
« Last post by Kopenhagen on Today at 02:54:10 pm »
Nice one. Agree on the video - best piece of footage the Club has ever released. I watch it every six months or so and it never feels to bring back the crazy emotions of that day.
Definitely this and I'd include The BBC.
They have a lot of ex-players and managers in the media who talk them up and there's always been a flashiness about them that seems to attract attention - the ultimate all-fur-coat-and-no-knickers club.
In the days of just bbc and itv covering football I would definitely include the bbc .terry venebles was always in the studio to give his views ,hoddle too.
The ultimate all fur coat and no knickers is a perfect discription and sums them up perfectly  ;D
An absolute farce if they scrap VAR. There will be carnage as soon as the first offside is missed or the first handball etc.

I find it remarkable that Wolves (or anyone) would think that the answer is to throw it in the bin. Improve the tech, modernise the laws of the game to make it more compatible with video refereeing, get better people running the refereeing in the country, fire anyone who doesn't send their mate to the video screen to "protect" them & stop the referees protecting themselves all the fucking time, acknowledge that some other sports are better at this stuff than football is and try and take some learnings from there. There are so many options to get this going in a better way.

It can't go back in the box now, just invest and make it better for fucks sake.

So the only argument for VAR is you can't put the shit back in the horse.

This is why change needs to be resisted in the game, as no matter how poorly things are implemented you're stuck with them.

Lucky EFL, they can just get on with the game without it

My argument with VAR is it shouldn’t have been rolled out until it was proven to work. Technology can work. VAR doesn't. And if we keep it it'll be the same refs making the league unwatchable.
I did something similar-ish to this in 2019, put a decentish bet  [not a grand] on city winning every week from about 4/5 games out I think. Won every time, annoyingly, but the winnings paid for my flight to madrid.

Should’ve thought of that, too late now theres no money to be made from a West Ham defeat
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jurgen Klopp For Ever
« Last post by AndyMuller on Today at 02:52:00 pm »
Outstanding Yorky.
Yep. Agree with you and disgraced cake. It’s just his way of talking. Don’t think it’s forced or trying to be something he isn’t.

I spent just under 12 months there and when I came back a few people asked if I was Australian. Impossible not to mimic the way they speak and to make every thing you say sound like you’re asking a question?
Everyone must have thought you sounded like a bloody drongo, mate?

I think AP has done a decent job, considering where they were and they sold the fella who scored all their goals. And the pigeon hasn't exactly weighed in on that front.

Calling for the culture of the club (no Boy George jokes please) to change is where it gets interesting. Because he's right in that they've accepted mediocrity for too long, and that much like the Ev, the only thing getting fans worked up is getting one over their rivals in red. Not getting full throated support from the fans in a game where a win would mean Champions League football was still possible must have been galling to him. But he's talking as if he has nothing to do with that. He's only their bloody manager, and the most visible figurehead at the club.

Levy exerts far too much control over the incomings and outgoings despite having no football background. Maybe that's what he's talking about - getting a front office staff who are empowered to make decisions on how the squad can be improved, instead of the baldy businessman cosplaying as Michael Edwards.  It'll be a fascinating summer in many ways for them. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10