Author Topic: Fernando Torres  (Read 592253 times)

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
Re: Fernando Torres
« Reply #280 on: September 12, 2011, 07:13:37 pm »
Agree, it was a crappy thing to do simply because we finally were on the up. But for a long time, we were going nowhere and I imagine it would be hard to do a 180 degree turn after that. Some of the comments when he transferred were a bit galling, particularly after all the stuff he came out with when he was here but he was just looking out for himself, like most people in life. He could have stayed and been loved by the fans but he made his bed and won't be remembered as positively here anymore. I loved him when he was here under Rafa but I'm pretty ambivalent towards him now. I understand his reasons for leaving even though I don't agree with them. And I don't hate him for it.

I understand why he wanted to leave in summer. Even to an extent in January. But he was a disrespectful c*nt who wandered around the pitch pissing and moaning too often in his last 18 months here, even if he was still scoring. His attitude stank when he was still here and it only got worse when he left. People saying he didn't want to leave are utterly deluded. He would have ripped his own arsehole out with a rusty hammer to make it happen faster.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: September 12, 2011, 07:17:24 pm »
And again, this about us being on the up... Utter bollocks. Kenny came in and it did wonders for the fans. But he then lost to United in the Cup, Blackpool away and drew 2-2 with Everton at home.

We then played well to beat Wolves 3-0 but were extremely lucky to beat Fulham 1-0 at home in what was Torres' last game for us. Luis Suarez for Ryan Babel was the only player movement that window and even that was very late in the day.

There was no real signs that we were going places, no real sign that we'd spend alot to recover out top 4 place and no real sign that the dark days were behind us.

That all came later, and it all started with Torres' departure and us spending 35m on Andy Carroll, That sent a message the owners were not afraid of spending.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: September 12, 2011, 07:21:51 pm »
I understand why he wanted to leave in summer. Even to an extent in January. But he was a disrespectful c*nt who wandered around the pitch pissing and moaning too often in his last 18 months here, even if he was still scoring. His attitude stank when he was still here and it only got worse when he left. People saying he didn't want to leave are utterly deluded. He would have ripped his own arsehole out with a rusty hammer to make it happen faster.

Fair enough. It's obvious he wanted to leave.

I'm glad we're the ones in a stronger position now and the nightmare of H+G and Purslow is over. We have good owners who want to win and support our manager who just happens to be Kenny Dalglish. No point worrying about Torres anymore.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: September 12, 2011, 07:55:08 pm »
The same people calling Torres a c*nt, will be the same ones giving Suarez dog's abuse should he leave if we dont qualify for the Champions League.

End of the day. the world's greates players want to win honors, make money and play in the world's greatest club competition.

From Torres' vantage point in the Summer of 10 and January 11, it seemed it would take years for us to reach that. I dont blame him for leaving, just as I wont Pepe or Suarez should they move this Summmer if we dont finish in the top 4.

We need to be competing at the highest level if we want to have the highest qualityu player at the club. End of story. Even our own home grown Steven Gerrard in his pomp would have left us had the Miracle of Istanbul never happened.

The Sky generation summed up. All about the next big thing, sod loyalty and respect
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #284 on: September 12, 2011, 08:01:37 pm »
The same people calling Torres a c*nt, will be the same ones giving Suarez dog's abuse should he leave if we dont qualify for the Champions League.

End of the day. the world's greates players want to win honors, make money and play in the world's greatest club competition.

From Torres' vantage point in the Summer of 10 and January 11, it seemed it would take years for us to reach that. I dont blame him for leaving, just as I wont Pepe or Suarez should they move this Summmer if we dont finish in the top 4.

We need to be competing at the highest level if we want to have the highest qualityu player at the club. End of story. Even our own home grown Steven Gerrard in his pomp would have left us had the Miracle of Istanbul never happened.
I don't blame him for leaving, that's understandable.

It's how and where he went that makes him a c*nt.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: September 12, 2011, 08:05:11 pm »
The Sky generation summed up. All about the next big thing, sod loyalty and respect

We dont moan about it when Downing hands in a transfer request at Villa weeks after he promised he'd stay. Or when Suarez leaves Ajax in the middle of the season with them fighting for their champions league hopes and him in the middle of a 7 game ban for biting an opponent. We didnt moan about loyalty and respect when Barmby signed for us or when Ziege did. Noone felt sorry for Leeds when Kewell came in. And not a single one of you moaned about Torres' lack of loyalty and respect when he left his boyhood club to sign for a club in the Champions League with a chance of winning honors.

Bunch of hypocrites.

End of the day, there's a food chain in football and always has been. At the moment, without champions league football we're in the upper middle part of that food chain. With Champions League football, we'll move up a level and attract the best players available. Without it, we'll always be liable to losing our best players to the teams above us. That's just the plain reality of it.

Offline zimmie'5555

• passenger on an intergalactic spaceship... sometimes wishes he was a woman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: September 12, 2011, 08:07:39 pm »
He'll be at Malaga this time next year, I'm convinced of that.

Offline Azzandro

• Anny Roader
  • Walk through the storm hold your head up high
« Reply #287 on: September 12, 2011, 08:09:18 pm »
One of these asking the exact same question was locked the other day.

Who knows what happened to him. Psychological probably. Sure plenty of sports psychologists would have an opinion

That would be me.

Not being funny but inconsistent forum rules going on here, my thread was pretty much identical to this but got locked.

On a non snappy note, the lad seems to have lost it big time, i think the problem is mostly mental though, if its physical then he doesnt look like he's arsed to adapt his game like most players do.

Move to Spain in January i think

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: September 12, 2011, 08:11:44 pm »
I don't blame him for leaving, that's understandable.

It's how and where he went that makes him a c*nt.

Agreed on this. Was handled very badly and was very rushed.

The thing about big deals like this is that they usually take alot of time to happen. This means that fans satrt accepting the idea that the player will move on and alot of PR happens on all sides for the move to go through more or less smoothly without too much damage to a leaving player's credibility. This means that the intial shock and anger subsides by the time the deal is completed. Think Ronaldo to Real, Cesc to Barca, Xabi to Real, Kaka to Real, Ibra to Barca, Sheva to Chelsea etc...

The Torres deal is the only one of that size bar Luis Figo and perhaps the original Ronaldo to Real deal, which happened very quickly and done in a seemingly hostile way. And it happened so fast that there was absolutely no time for smoothing over, PR or leaking to the press of a potentia move. We went in 3 days from an offer being made and rejected, to a transfer request being rejected to an interview on Chelsea TV. It went so quickly and so fast that we were all left in shock.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #289 on: September 12, 2011, 08:14:07 pm »
We are all over him, honest.
Just seven pages of being over him.

I see ....
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #290 on: September 12, 2011, 08:17:34 pm »
That would be me.

Not being funny but inconsistent forum rules going on here, my thread was pretty much identical to this but got locked.

On a non snappy note, the lad seems to have lost it big time, i think the problem is mostly mental though, if its physical then he doesnt look like he's arsed to adapt his game like most players do.

Move to Spain in January i think
If you'd just plainly called it the Fernando Torres thread it probably wouldn't have got locked.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Azzandro

• Anny Roader
  • Walk through the storm hold your head up high
« Reply #291 on: September 12, 2011, 08:23:00 pm »
It is sad though, blonde Torres was something special, you just KNEW when he was 1 on 1 or had a shot close to the goal that it was dead cert to go in, he never blasted it over the bar etc

Suarez is nothing like Torres IMO, if anything theyre almost opposite, Suarez is constantly buzzing but makes the odd mistake where as Torres would go missing in games but be more clinical with his chances.

I rather have Suarez too, Suarez can play with ANY striker and still be good, where as Torres was a hog up front and arguably made us one dimensional

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: September 12, 2011, 08:42:35 pm »
I don't really hate him that much because his goals and performances for us in many, many games were just phenomenal. His goal in the Champions League against Arsenal game still makes me smile now just thinking about. The Madrid game, the game against Chelsea in the snow, 1-4 at Old Trafford, Porto at Anfield, his spin and shot against Inter at the San Siro, the frankly impossible goal against Blackburn on the Hillsborough anniversary and his celebration. The Bounce and We're Gonna Bounce in a Minute! How the fuck can you throw all that away? What a waste.

Yes, he left in the worst possible manner but it doesn't sully the memory of what he did before that. I dont hate him, I just don't think or care about him anymore. I don't care that he's playing shit now. I think a lot of that is to do with the instant impact of Suarez and the raw potential of Carroll. We simply don't need Torres now.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #293 on: September 12, 2011, 08:51:53 pm »
Fuck him.  Moved on leaps and bounds without him and he's done nothing to benefit the team he is at now, hence the situation he is in.

Was my favourite player as red, but now he's blue and he left in almost classless circumstances.  There ended my ties with Fernando Torres.  Football is a ruthless sport, you play shit you should be dropped, simple.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: September 12, 2011, 08:52:43 pm »
He'll be at Malaga this time next year, I'm convinced of that.
He needs to go back to Atleti or Liverpool and he'll start scoring in 2 minutes.

It's a mental thing, he was always a lad who played with his heart for a proper working class support and that changed when he made a career move to Chelsea. I know Liverpool was a career move but it was different with all the spanish lads here.

He is also right about the speed of Chelsea's build up play which I think is what he was alluding to. Chelsea are safe in possession whereas Gerrard gambled all the time to put him away early.

Offline Scribble8

• Bad WUM. Nu hållar sin käft, jävla wumjävel......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: September 12, 2011, 09:05:15 pm »
He needs to go back to Atleti or Liverpool and he'll start scoring in 2 minutes.

No he won't. He'll never be the player he was here when he was in his prime. I think he could come close to that form, but it would really take the right team and the right fans to back him up. I hope he leaves Chelsea soon and finds his way back to Spain and his real team.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: September 12, 2011, 09:07:34 pm »
No he won't. He'll never be the player he was here when he was in his prime. I think he could come close to that form, but it would really take the right team and the right fans to back him up. I hope he leaves Chelsea soon and finds his way back to Spain and his real team.
People forget his last few games at Liverpool under Kenny. Blackpool away he was terrific. First half of the Derby he was brilliant and Wolves away he bagged two. It's still in there but he needs an arm around him and some service.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: September 12, 2011, 09:08:32 pm »
stevenl :lmao

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #298 on: September 12, 2011, 09:09:45 pm »
I think AVB has just laid the first flag in the foundation for Fernando Torres going back to Spain

We shall see but it's not looking good is it

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #299 on: September 12, 2011, 09:13:10 pm »
You can win a league either with or without a Torres. The mancs won leagues without Van Nistelhorse who was about the most prolific around at the time. They did it without him as well because the team contributed and weren't all about setting up goals for him.
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: September 12, 2011, 09:22:30 pm »
OTT some of them bile towards Torres to point where people even enjoy seeing Ferdinand putting boot into lad on pitch

Offline Scribble8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: September 12, 2011, 09:22:53 pm »
People forget his last few games at Liverpool under Kenny. Blackpool away he was terrific. First half of the Derby he was brilliant and Wolves away he bagged two. It's still in there but he needs an arm around him and some service.

I remember very well and I don't think he was terrific in any of those game. He sure showed some passion when Kenny once was back but he never played at the top of his standards.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #302 on: September 12, 2011, 09:26:04 pm »
I just dont care about him anymore.....I don't feel hate or anger. I respect what he did for us while he was here as he gave us many good moments and some fantastic goals over the years.

He didnt want to be here anymore so for that it was time to move on! I wish it wasnt to a rival but hey ho thats life.

Suarez and Carroll are more then adequate covers for him!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: September 12, 2011, 09:27:29 pm »
I remember very well and I don't think he was terrific in any of those game. He sure showed some passion when Kenny once was back but he never played at the top of his standards.
3 goals isn't too bad.

Offline Scribble8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: September 12, 2011, 09:31:56 pm »
3 goals isn't too bad.

Nope, but his goal record in games against Wolves, Blackpool and Everton won't make it impressive either. But I'm past this and I just think he should get out of Chelsea at first chance, but I doubt he will get that chance soon.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: September 12, 2011, 09:33:19 pm »
Nope, but his goal record in games against Wolves, Blackpool and Everton won't make it impressive either. But I'm past this and I just think he should get out of Chelsea at first chance, but I doubt he will get that chance soon.
Yep, I'd quite like him to get back to Atleti and start scoring goals again for a side I don't mind.

Offline Epic Swindle

• Main Stander
« Reply #306 on: September 12, 2011, 09:35:27 pm »
I just dont care about him anymore.....I don't feel hate or anger. I respect what he did for us while he was here as he gave us many good moments and some fantastic goals over the years.

He didnt want to be here anymore so for that it was time to move on! I wish it wasnt to a rival but hey ho thats life.

Suarez and Carroll are more then adequate covers for him!
Never in a million years will Carroll come close to Torres.  As much as I'd like Andy to succeed here, I honestly don't see it.  We paid £35mil for him and at that price he's going to be compared to Aguero who was 2 mil more and he looks light years ahead of Carroll.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: September 12, 2011, 09:38:43 pm »
I think AVB has just laid the first flag in the foundation for Fernando Torres going back to Spain

Yep looks like they are trying to make an issue out of something that could be dealt quietly internally. He needs the team to be built around him, great player when it is all going right but we got rid of him at the right time.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: September 12, 2011, 09:41:46 pm »
Just imagine if the mancs fancied him? some of you would then change your tune on him
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #309 on: September 12, 2011, 09:43:26 pm »
Torres has lost his mojo for so long now that it's becoming doubtful to me that he will ever get it back.

I get why he left us now, he'd been trying to leave for quite a while ..... Maybe just maybe he got the transfer at the best possible moment for us.  £50m ...... Would we have got that with another 6 months of underachievement?

I reckon he'll go out on loan at the end of the season and another abramovich signing bites the dust (this is his cue to score 25 goals...!)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Sinead7

• Many hands make brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our revenge will be the laughter of our children
« Reply #310 on: September 12, 2011, 09:46:40 pm »
Would it be wrong or incorrect to suggest Torres is an average player who exceeded himself for one season? 

I don't know where it all went wrong for him, I to this day believe leaving Liverpool was and will be the biggest mistake he has ever made.  I feel sorry for him now, I don't want him to play well but because he plays for Chelsea and I don't want them to play well or succeed.  I am secretly happy when he goes a game without scoring or fluffs a sitter.  I sometimes check the Chelsea forums and they have now started to lose patience with him and slag slag him off and I am kinda annoyed its as if we have given them a present and they are slagging it off when its not what they thought it was. I don't know, I don't think I could ever see him back at Anfield because I couldn't forgive him but if he went to Atletico and played his last few years there successfully I would be happy.

Also, isn't it ironic he moved to Chelsea to play Champions League Football and it doesn't even look like he is going to make the CL starting team.
Trapps Army 2012

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #311 on: September 12, 2011, 09:49:52 pm »
Would it be wrong or incorrect to suggest Torres is an average player who exceeded himself for one season? 

I don't know where it all went wrong for him, I to this day believe leaving Liverpool was and will be the biggest mistake he has ever made.  I feel sorry for him now, I don't want him to play well but because he plays for Chelsea and I don't want them to play well or succeed.  I am secretly happy when he goes a game without scoring or fluffs a sitter.  I sometimes check the Chelsea forums and they have now started to lose patience with him and slag slag him off and I am kinda annoyed its as if we have given them a present and they are slagging it off when its not what they thought it was. I don't know, I don't think I could ever see him back at Anfield because I couldn't forgive him but if he went to Atlético and played his last few years there successfully I would be happy.

Also, isn't it ironic he moved to Chelsea to play Champions League Football and it doesn't even look like he is going to make the CL starting team.
Totally wrong.

Hes an exceptional player....... Or was...... Maybe he's burned out after playing so much so young?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: September 12, 2011, 09:51:02 pm »

I don't know where it all went wrong for him, I to this day believe leaving Liverpool was and will be the biggest mistake he has ever made.  I feel sorry for him now, I don't want him to play well but because he plays for Chelsea and I don't want them to play well or succeed.  I am secretly happy when he goes a game without scoring or fluffs a sitter.  I sometimes check the Chelsea forums and they have now started to lose patience with him and slag slag him off and I am kinda annoyed its as if we have given them a present and they are slagging it off when its not what they thought it was. I don't know, I don't think I could ever see him back at Anfield because I couldn't forgive him but if he went to Atlético and played his last few years there successfully I would be happy.

I don't think he was average in the slightest, but at Liverpool he did benefit from a team and a system built around getting the ball to his feet in goal scoring opportunities (not under Hodgson) which perhaps made him look better than he was.

To me Torres just isn't the same player he used to be, I don't know if it's just completely shot confidence, discontent at living in England or a change in personality but if you showed me videos of Torres in the last 12 months to me 2/3 years ago i'd still refuse to believe it was him.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Treasure Everywhere

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Mr Suarez wins a corner
« Reply #313 on: September 12, 2011, 09:56:55 pm »
The thing I don’t understand is when people say that maybe Chelsea is the wrong club for him, the players there are less welcoming, the style doesn’t suit him etc etc…surely all this was blindingly obvious before he even went there? Terry used to twat him every time they played against each other? He knew what he was getting himself into yet he still went with his eyes wide open. I’ll never understand that decision and that’s why I can’t sympathise.

Agree totally. All that spoke against Chelsea was clear for everyone to see, including what he seems to have said now about "old and slow". I always thought he was an intelligent lad. How could all these things about a club he was thinking about joining have escaped him? Bizarre.

Offline OrangeMochaFraps

• Legacy Fan
  • Interesting. No, wait, the other thing: tedious.
« Reply #314 on: September 12, 2011, 09:59:40 pm »
I'll admit I still feel some schadenfreude but it is a little sad now.

Every interview I read when he was here made him seem like a good, nice, family guy.  Just the way he left was awful and made him seem like a dick.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: September 12, 2011, 10:01:07 pm »
Totally wrong.

Hes an exceptional player....... Or was...... Maybe he's burned out after playing so much so young?

Certainly a world class goalscorer. I don't think he's blessed with amazing touch and control mind, but that wasn't his role for us. He needs pace and power, high pressing and balls in behind. Chelsea are very predictable
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #316 on: September 12, 2011, 10:02:16 pm »
Been over this a million times before. The only thing that disappointed me about Torres leaving was the timing. We got a great price, he left us with some great memories and we had his best years. It wouldn't surprise me to see him back on loan at Atleti in January if things don't work out but I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #317 on: September 12, 2011, 10:02:50 pm »

It would be incorrect

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: September 12, 2011, 10:04:08 pm »
Agree totally. All that spoke against Chelsea was clear for everyone to see, including what he seems to have said now about "old and slow". I always thought he was an intelligent lad. How could all these things about a club he was thinking about joining have escaped him? Bizarre.

He tried to explain it in an interview. Said basically, he would never have gone to United or City out of respect for us, and Barca had Villa and he'd never sign for Real. So Chelsea were basically the only option for him.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #319 on: September 12, 2011, 10:05:32 pm »
I thought in his first game this season at stoke he was superb, very much the old torres. I was gutted to be honest as I thought he would go on to have a blinder for chelsea this season. However can't say i'm disappointed its all falling apart. As long as he is not performing for them I am happy.
alf a pound of braeburns!