Author Topic: A Question of Sport  (Read 3039 times)

Offline foody

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
A Question of Sport
« on: September 26, 2011, 04:06:15 pm »
Not as good as it used to be in my opinion, but I do still watch it and it has it's moments. Don't like the fact they have non sport 'celebrities' on the panel though and the captain's challenges are generally a bit shit!

Anyway, it's on BBC1 10.35 p.m. tonight with our very own Charlie Adam!

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: A Question of Sport
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 04:43:03 pm »
it was best when mccoist and parrott were captains imo. like tufnell but can't stand matt dawson. his smugness knows no bounds.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 07:19:38 pm »
That woman ruins it.

Sue what's her name...she's so bloody bland and insipid it's silly.

Get a presenter with some gravitas or personality and it might be worth watching again.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 07:22:38 pm »
Yeah she is shit and I am not sure about the non-sporting "celebrities" but you can see the marketing men wanting to appeal to a wider audience etc.

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 07:47:01 pm »
No where near as good as it used to be. Agreed I enjoyed it when McCoist and Parrott where on it, seemed genuine banter between the two.

The Dawson and Tuffnell combination is terrible. They have to dress them in costumes to try and get the same wit, compared to M+P who's personality would be entertaining alone.

Also one final thing, the observation round, can't stand it!

Used to be good, needs a whole revamp!

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 08:24:50 pm »
it was best when mccoist and parrott were captains imo. like tufnell but can't stand matt dawson. his smugness knows no bounds.

it was best when henry cooper and cliff morgan were the captain`s!
nah, i think it`s best years were when botham and beaumont were the captains myself

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 08:30:49 pm »
McCoist was boss on this, ain't watched it for ages but used to love it.

Offline RedJam70

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 11:38:38 pm »
it was best when henry cooper and cliff morgan were the captain`s!
nah, i think it`s best years were when botham and beaumont were the captains myself

Hughes and Beaumont, always Hughes and Beaumont. Loved it then.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 01:06:57 am »
Think they should have quit while it was still watchable. About 20 fucking years ago.

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 12:16:45 pm »
Hughes and Beaumont, always Hughes and Beaumont. Loved it then.

Yep they were the best pair by far.

I don't think I've seen an episode for a while now that hasn't had at least three ex-Strictly Come Dancing contestants on it.
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #10 on: January 2, 2013, 11:03:04 pm »
Not something I watch very often at all but I have it on now, whilst waiting for Match of the Day.  Charlie Adam's on it.

That 'catch' game along with the quiz is brilliant  ;D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 2, 2013, 11:16:08 pm »
I was sure the mystery guest was Daniel Sturridge. Seen so much of him today, I'm seeing him when he isn't there as well.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12 on: January 2, 2013, 11:17:53 pm »
I was sure the mystery guest was Daniel Sturridge. Seen so much of him today, I'm seeing him when he isn't there as well.

Me too! :D Especially in that natty jumper.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #13 on: January 2, 2013, 11:21:17 pm »
Think it's been garbage, since going down the 'entertaining lads' route, all them years back. Can't quite remember when it was, might have been McCoist and Dawson. The formula was spot on and they've just messed the rounds about too much, especially when they have those kind of rounds like the one tonight, when they were catching the ball.

Don't quite get the need for the change, if they want a comedy sports quiz, just bring back They Think It's All Over.
AHA!

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #14 on: January 2, 2013, 11:24:05 pm »
Think it's been garbage, since going down the 'entertaining lads' route, all them years back. Can't quite remember when it was, might have been McCoist and Dawson. The formula was spot on and they've just messed the rounds about too much, especially when they have those kind of rounds like the one tonight, when they were catching the ball.

Don't quite get the need for the change, if they want a comedy sports quiz, just bring back They Think It's All Over.

It's been trying to keep up with League of their Own and gone to shit!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 3, 2013, 04:26:25 pm »

Naturally

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #16 on: January 3, 2013, 06:09:23 pm »
Used to be one of the must watch programmes of the Week Hughes/Botham/Beumont era was the shows heyday, it's awful now, i haven't watched it since Parrott/McCoist were captains, too busy copying They Think It's All Over, i can't stand Sue Barker either. :no
#Sausages

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 3, 2013, 08:21:53 pm »
Reflects badly on a show when they're trying to keep up with a show that is crap.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #18 on: January 3, 2013, 08:31:25 pm »
Reflects badly on a show when they're trying to keep up with a show that is crap.

Is there anyone more unfunny than James Corden.....ok there probably is but I can't stand the fat unfunny git

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 3, 2013, 09:12:50 pm »
Is there anyone more unfunny than James Corden.....ok there probably is but I can't stand the fat unfunny git
They seem to attract unfunny, bland comedians. Jack Whitehall, John Bishop..
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 3, 2013, 09:27:26 pm »
Used to watch this all the time, but stopped when it went shit. Stuff like giving 3 options for what happened next ruined it.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2020, 04:00:34 pm »
I don't mind the show, it's fairly inoffensive and a bit dull but I enjoy it still.  Anyway, seeing Sue Barker is being replaced by Alex Scott has set the gammons off.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2020, 04:38:02 pm »
I don't mind the show, it's fairly inoffensive and a bit dull but I enjoy it still.  Anyway, seeing Sue Barker is being replaced by Alex Scott has set the gammons off.

I'm sure they complained when Sue Barker started.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2023, 10:03:18 pm »
BBC have binned it off.

Have barely watched it in years but, when I have recently, it's been shit.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2023, 12:14:15 pm »
Was shite after Sue Barker, still a shame though.
:D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2023, 12:14:58 pm »
That woman ruins it.

Sue what's her name...she's so bloody bland and insipid it's silly.

Get a presenter with some gravitas or personality and it might be worth watching again.
Sue Barker killed it.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2023, 12:20:28 pm »
Sue Barker was fine, better than Paddy McGuinness.

Captains are more important.
:D

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2023, 12:28:51 pm »

Ally McCoist and Phil Tufnell.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2023, 01:57:10 pm »

Exactly right.

Ally McCoist and Phil Tufnell.
Yeah Ugo Monye just isn't the same.

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2023, 05:08:21 pm »
was really good back in the 80's

we are loosing so much stuff now

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2023, 08:51:00 pm »
Was a bit gutted when I read about this, then realised it died a decade ago. The latest set up was abysmal and unwatchable.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2023, 08:54:14 pm »
Tried desperately to copy Sky’s League of their Own and failed miserably. Mind you the latter is shite now as well.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2023, 09:50:06 pm »
Tried desperately to copy Sky’s League of their Own and failed miserably. Mind you the latter is shite now as well.

Signposted banter. Set-piece sketches designed by unfunny people with unnatural actors. There's no wit in it any more.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2023, 07:18:21 am »

That's what killed it under Barker, then they went back to the classic format under Paddy McGuinness, but it never felt the same with him there.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2023, 07:14:28 pm »
Sue Barker killed it.

Sue Barker leaving killed it.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2023, 07:16:57 pm »
Sue Barker leaving killed it.
I hate Sue Barker.  She ruined it.  A bland, anodyne vacuum of a person.

To be fair I didn’t watch it after she left.  It may have got even worse.
W

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2023, 07:18:27 pm »
Odd person to hate ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2023, 06:19:06 am »
That's what killed it under Barker, then they went back to the classic format under Paddy McGuinness, but it never felt the same with him there.

Yeah, QoS was still good when McCoist/Parrott were captains, then it tried too hard copying They Think It's All Over/A League Of Their Own, when QoS was never that type of show.

The shows heyday was Beaumont/Hughes era but i'm a bit too young to remember that era, but Beaumont/Botham era was great, QoS was one of those quizzes you could take part in at home, what happened next round, was the highlight of the show, when the teams used to come up with creative ways of answering what happened, it turned to shit after McCoist/Parrott era.

The charm of the show was seeing sports stars in a different environment, out of their comfort zone.
#Sausages

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2023, 09:06:24 am »

Yeah, QoS was still good when McCoist/Parrott were captains, then it tried too hard copying They Think It's All Over/A League Of Their Own, when QoS was never that type of show.

The shows heyday was Beaumont/Hughes era but i'm a bit too young to remember that era, but Beaumont/Botham era was great, QoS was one of those quizzes you could take part in at home, what happened next round, was the highlight of the show, when the teams used to come up with creative ways of answering what happened, it turned to shit after McCoist/Parrott era.

The charm of the show was seeing sports stars in a different environment, out of their comfort zone.

Dawson/Tufnell were fine for a while, but they soon made the rounds more aimed at being funny than being a quiz that people could join in at home. That's not what you want from Question of Sport. You want a good quiz, and a decent laugh along the way with Sports people that you normally don't see much of away from sport. They basically became a budget League of their Own, which itself was failing at the time.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2023, 12:39:07 pm »

To be fair I didn’t watch it after she left.  It may have got even worse.

Bland is what the host needed to be really. She was just there to ask questions and to leave any comedy to the captains/team members.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.