Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2938297 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Reply #30480 on: May 9, 2024, 12:24:26 pm »
Who?  You can't just say "oh there must be a forward with X", without then backing that claim up with actual stats.  Salah has a (non-penalty) goal or assist, from the wide right, every 102 mins.  The next best in the premier league is probably Saka - who from 2838 has 10 non-penalty goals and 9 assists - or one every 149 mins.    He'd want what Salah is on, and would cost *MORE* than what we could get for Salah.  Who else is there?  Most of the other options play on the left, or are out and out strikers - and probably cost more than Saka too.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that it isn't terry_macss_perm's job to be finding replacements for players. He'd hardly be posting here suggesting we should be replacing Salah if it was.

So whether he can come up with a name of another player is absolutely irrelevant to him thinking Salah should be replaced.

I think we should replace about 5 players this summer. It's not my job to suggest or find those replacements or discuss the financial packages involved.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #30481 on: May 9, 2024, 06:41:24 pm »
Could end up with another mid-season AFCON next year now: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/67969369
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #30482 on: May 9, 2024, 06:48:32 pm »
Salah is still our best forward and would be very hard to replace. If somebody came along with a ridiculously high bid then I would take it but if not then he is still a very important player for us.
#JFT97

Online mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #30483 on: May 10, 2024, 08:47:25 am »
Could end up with another mid-season AFCON next year now: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/67969369

I feel like he'll play for Egypt till his 40.

He'd still be there best player anyway.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #30484 on: May 10, 2024, 08:50:55 am »
The fact that they’re allowed to run a continental competition every 2 years is a joke. They should all be every 4 years. Mind you the expanded club world championships are a joke too. Imagine African players having a mid season AFCON January 2025, club world championships June 2025, a full league season 25/26, World Cup June 26, full league season 26/27, AFCON June 2027. Absurd amounts of football.

Offline actwithoutwords

• postswithoutreading
  • Kopite
« Reply #30485 on: May 10, 2024, 04:01:59 pm »

Think this out of date now and it is looking like happening in the summer? https://www.news24.com/sport/soccer/afcon/afcon-2025-to-be-played-in-july-august-with-preliminary-round-starting-next-month-20240220

Afcon 2021 was played in 2022 and Afcon 2023 was played in 2024, so looks like to get back on schedule there needs to be two in consecutive years, rather than just pushing back all future ones by a year. At least it's the summer, rather than two winters in a row. But by 2027, there will have been 3 in the previous 4 years...

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #30486 on: May 11, 2024, 12:51:22 pm »
Vinnyjr could replace Salah …. Jus sayin  :hally

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30487 on: May 11, 2024, 03:27:18 pm »
Vinnyjr could replace Salah …. Jus sayin  :hally

Can guarantee you that he doesnt want to come here.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #30488 on: May 11, 2024, 06:48:04 pm »
Can guarantee you that he doesnt want to come here.
Seems that way. Unless he wins everything with Real and gets tired from the racist slurs hurled at him in every game.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30490 on: Yesterday at 04:07:02 pm »
Just realised we might be watching his last game too.

Online MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30491 on: Yesterday at 07:51:22 pm »
Just realised we might be watching his last game too.

It felt like Mo Salah was playing his last game for us to me as well.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:17:05 pm by MrGrumpy »
Justice for the 96!

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30492 on: Yesterday at 08:27:52 pm »

It felt like Mo Salah was playing his last game for us to me as well.

Was about to post similar. Well off it again, today. Really looked like his heart wasn’t in it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #30493 on: Yesterday at 08:34:39 pm »
Was about to post similar. Well off it again, today. Really looked like his heart wasn’t in it.

He was involved in some of our best play.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30494 on: Yesterday at 08:35:43 pm »
The attack just needs a reset over the summer, just more of the same really.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30495 on: Yesterday at 08:35:49 pm »
Salah of a few years ago has at least 2 goals today. Incredible player for us but I really think it's time he moves on if we can get big money for him from someone still.

"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30496 on: Yesterday at 08:45:40 pm »
Played a worldie of a pass to Gakpo at one point. Rubbish in front of goal though.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30497 on: Yesterday at 10:46:34 pm »
https://x.com/asim_lfc/status/1792203847546630298?t=mkCZXmCrv7qxiZU1GKiUzQ

Guy who's been leaking lineups all season spoke to Salah's agent and seems he will be here next season at least.

Ramy Abbas tells me Mohamed Salah 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗬𝗦!

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #30498 on: Yesterday at 10:48:31 pm »
https://x.com/asim_lfc/status/1792203847546630298?t=mkCZXmCrv7qxiZU1GKiUzQ

Guy who's been leaking lineups all season spoke to Salah's agent and seems he will be here next season at least.

Ramy Abbas tells me Mohamed Salah 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗬𝗦!

Mo Salah,  Mo Salah, running down his contract.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30499 on: Today at 05:45:44 am »
 :boxhead
Mo Salah, Mo Salah, running down his contract.
Mo Salah, Mo Salah, running toward Ryiadh... 

Offline neil4ad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30500 on: Today at 05:58:42 am »
I could see him extending one year. I'd love it if he stayed a bit longer.

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves." -Bill Shankly

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #30501 on: Today at 07:21:54 am »
I could see him extending one year. I'd love it if he stayed a bit longer.
I also wouldnt mind if he stays. He's not as good as he used to be, but he hasnt fallen off a cliff like Henderson or Fabinho.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30502 on: Today at 07:30:41 am »
I also wouldnt mind if he stays. He's not as good as he used to be, but he hasnt fallen off a cliff like Henderson or Fabinho.
Extend by a year or go is the decision for me. I'd accept either.

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #30503 on: Today at 07:49:35 am »
Extend by a year or go is the decision for me. I'd accept either.

I think that’s a reasonable position as it removes some of the rumour, gossip and uncertainty that would lead to Slot being asked about the situation at every press conference.

Online mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #30504 on: Today at 08:58:30 am »
I think that’s a reasonable position as it removes some of the rumour, gossip and uncertainty that would lead to Slot being asked about the situation at every press conference.

IF netiher happened and went into the season with 12 months to go.

We basically starting the long good bye?

If he doesn't sign an extension or sold before the season his going on a free imo.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #30505 on: Today at 08:59:59 am »
Sell him for big money, if that money is reinvested in the team, or contract extension. We can't let him go for free.
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #30506 on: Today at 09:07:59 am »
Sign him for a year extension or sell him. I don't think Slot needs to have any added drama in his first season at the club.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #30507 on: Today at 09:15:20 am »

A one year contract extension to avoid some questions doesn't seem that reasonable. Salah could just say he won't be signing a new contract and is leaving on a free next Summer, if that's his plan? Where's the drama there, what am i missing?

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30508 on: Today at 09:29:01 am »

Unlikely. This would remove some of his leverage. I think he will play coy until the very end and go on a free.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #30509 on: Today at 09:35:49 am »
The ‘sell him’ shouts only work if he wants to go.

If Salah signs a new contract I doubt it’ll be a 1 year extension to protect his value. It’ll be a new 3 year deal I’d guess.

If a new contract isn’t forthcoming this summer, what’s Salah’s gain from going this summer? Surely 1 more season at the club, in the CL and as a potential contender would tempt him. He’d also, as a free agent, have loads more choice on club and likely make a lot more money than moving this summer.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30510 on: Today at 09:36:58 am »
Id keep him one more season regardless of if he wants to go for a free. Same with Virgil. Trent is the only one we should either sell or get him to sign a contract.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #30511 on: Today at 09:56:24 am »
He still gets involved in everything but if you've watched Mo Salah across his whole Liverpool career he is way off his own standards. Whenever there is a 50/50 sort of situation of if he and another player are pressuring the ball he often gives up/pulls out of it, it's quite disappointing.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #30512 on: Today at 10:19:25 am »
He still gets involved in everything but if you've watched Mo Salah across his whole Liverpool career he is way off his own standards. Whenever there is a 50/50 sort of situation of if he and another player are pressuring the ball he often gives up/pulls out of it, it's quite disappointing.
The key now for the coaches and data guys is deciding whether this is a temporary dip similar to 22 after than AFCON or is this the start of the decline.

Mo's last brilliant game was that appearance against Brentford but then broke down again. He was his normal self before going to AFCON so there is the chance that a good pre-season plus a new coaching team gets the spark back into Mo.

The emotional toll of the contract situation will be the toughest to solve. I'm comfortable whether Mo stays or goes as long as we get 100% commitment while he is here.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30513 on: Today at 10:51:23 am »

From what I've seen Slot won't be having any of wide players with limited defensive duties so this will be an interesting change for Mo.

Online has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30514 on: Today at 11:13:00 am »
For me Mo stays, been a miserable return goal wise, since AFCON, but has been our most consistent goal scorer for years. This kind of talent you don't just give up on, if he stays fit he has a big role to play.

Maybe a change of manager will re-ignite the spark to. It didn't seem as though Klopp or Mo really embraced much in the end, perhaps much was not caught on camera but didn't see much interaction, unlike with Virgil or just about anyone else!
- all in my opinion of course -